Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

asecondduck posted:

Wampa please do the thing, I would v much like to check off one thing from the demands today, even if it is the lowest priority one

the PPJ thread is already there at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

this is the funniest possible timeline, holy poo poo. free Benghazi 2.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
today, we are all sickos

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

As great as that thread was, Re-Open QCS Already is the real goldmine

If anyone hasn't read it, do so and prepare to lol

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

asecondduck posted:

Remember, CSPAM's current goals are:

1. Free Crazy Cloud, Benghazi 2, Lastgirl, Scoops, and any other political prisoners, and get a full explanation on *gestures all around*
2. Make CSPAM a top-level forum with our own mods
3. Reopen QCS, because CSPAM is getting clogged with bullshit and all we want to do is tarmp
4. Get some actual representation on the mod team and not just the absolute bare minimum
5. Goldmine last night's threads because they're the funniest the Something Awful Internet Comedy Forums have been in a long loving time

Anything that isn't related to those things is wasted energy and antipraxis

i would also like to be able to say that this incessant demands posting accomplished something. make me proud wampalord

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
wampalord for mod

he's the only person in a position of authority who behaved with any grace or competence in the course of this

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

asecondduck posted:

Yeah honestly that one and maybe this one once it's run its course should probably be there too

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

wampalord for mod

he's the only person in a position of authority who behaved with any grace or competence in the course of this

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

I don't really know Benghazi 2 and had this opinion at the start but the longer I've paid attention to this the more it looks like a lot of the "Benghazi 2 is aggressive" stuff comes from "Benghazi 2 is aggressive when people are lovely". A lot of her anger looks real justified now.

they posted with righteous furry at nazis and were perma for it! free the posting prisoners

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

asecondduck posted:

Wampa please do the thing, I would v much like to check off at least one thing from the demands today, even if it is the lowest priority one

it took hk protesters 3 months on the streets for carrie lam to resolve one of the demands, please have patience

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

I'm very glad the question in the title can now and forevermore be definitively answered with "the goldmine"

Hemick
Mar 4, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Oh, neat, turns out IKs can goldmine threads!

You missed one: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909720

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

foobardog posted:

All C-SPAM wants to do is accuse each other of being trots in peace and post permutations of trump.

How dare you spell turmp right you god drat lumpenprole

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

asecondduck posted:

1. Free Crazy Cloud, Benghazi 2, Lastgirl, Scoops, and any other political prisoners, and get a full explanation on *gestures all around*
3. Reopen QCS, because CSPAM is getting clogged with bullshit and all we want to do is tarmp
4. Get some actual representation on the mod team and not just the absolute bare minimum
5. Goldmine last night's threads because they're the funniest the Something Awful Internet Comedy Forums have been in a long loving time

more transparency from the whole mod apparatus

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I'm very glad the question in the title can now and forevermore be definitively answered with "the goldmine"

Someone add the answer to the thread title.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

asecondduck posted:

Mujihadeen of C-SPAM thread too

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Yeah honestly that one and maybe this one once it's run its course should probably be there too

gently caress that, we don't close this thread until all 5 points are met or at least openly discussed and addressed by the mod team

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Just finished reading and lol mods.

Serf
May 5, 2011

make wampalord a mod, i trust them

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
wait I've got it

move c-spam to the goldmine

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mcclay posted:

i would also like to be able to say that this incessant demands posting accomplished something. make me proud wampalord

I am in the process of communicating with mods/admins to try to get the major C-SPAM issues addressed.

Unfortunately, it will not happen overnight. Give it some time, folks.

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

mcclay posted:

gently caress that, we don't close this thread until all 5 points are met or at least openly discussed and addressed by the mod team

this is not incompatible with what I said

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

this is not incompatible with what I said

oh, i misread your post. sorry homie

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Suplex Liberace posted:

fair

Also I dunno how I became the official goalskeeper but here we go

4. Get some actual representation on the mod team and not just the absolute bare minimum, and make sure there's transparency and clear communication

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 8, 2020

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

WampaLord posted:

I am in the process of communicating with mods/admins to try to get the major C-SPAM issues addressed.

Cool, thanks, you continue to prove your care for the community that I mostly lurk and I thank you for that

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Ha ha the GBS version of this thread is just the shittiest parts of FYAD playing pallbearer for their dead forum as they all march into a grave marked "Hating TGRS"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

Yeah, I don't have an answer as to what more transparency looks like but we need to start a process to more transparency. All of this was caused by the mods hiding away and not being open to outside input. PPJ took advantage of the secrecy to be a piece of poo poo. FYAD got out of control because the mods wouldn't take outside input. QCS was shut down because of an attitude that its mods vs. posters. Bigots were able to harass a lot of people because the mods as a monolithic unit didn't listen.

No oversight or transparency is a problem and if you don't recognize it now I don't know what will convince you.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

WampaLord posted:

if you run into interference let us know

my posts are ready to fly into some mod towers

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

Wampa I just wanted to say thank you, and that we know you see and understand the demands

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Ha ha the GBS version of this thread is just the shittiest parts of FYAD playing pallbearer for their dead form as they all march into a grave marked "Hating TGRS"

the first post in their shithole was "gently caress cspam" lmao

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Thanks Wampalord. I'm excited to read your "Inside the white house" style expose someday.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Nonsense posted:

the first post in their shithole was "gently caress cspam" lmao

i mean, they're not wrong

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Snooze Cruise posted:

calling people here antifa is like calling a glass of water, tea

Sorry I forgot it's 2008 and the Internet is fake.

Sharkopath posted:

That's accusing a poster of being a bigot or at least nazi aligned not for supporting or showing any sympathetic tendencies towards them (bigots and nazis), but because they disagree with the popular perception of a poster in the forum and explained it in a courteous and simple manner, and then shutting them down with probation without giving them any oppurtunity to elaborate.

I'm uncomfortable with that honestlike, and it has nothing to do with a political ideology so the comparison doesn't seem very apt to the situation to me.

I definitely used to believe similarly, but it's completely at the heart here. PPJ thrived because he modded D&D to an ineffectual decourous liberalism. Everything has been due to that. Leftists who were mean in calling out bullshit were punished and tarred. This is what it's all about.

When you constantly see abrasive leftists being tone policed ending up serving the needs of the fash, you get upset at it. B2 and CC are abrasive, I know very well. Sure maybe it was a stopped clock thing. But they were right and constantly trying to be honest and decourous, and we've been pushed around and gaslit with poo poo like the Truth and Recocilliation thread. I'm sorry about that, but there's more behind it than some C-SPAM hivemind.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

dex_sda posted:

Cool, thanks, you continue to prove your care for the community that I mostly lurk and I thank you for that

I unironically love this community and want to see it thrive. Everything I have done is with that goal in mind.

Appreciate all the comments and feedback, y'all are great people. Solidarity forever.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

WampaLord posted:

gosh bless our posting comrade

THS
Sep 15, 2017

WampaLord posted:

you have our swords, goon sire

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

WampaLord posted:

I unironically love this community and want to see it thrive. Everything I have done is with that goal in mind.

Appreciate all the comments and feedback, y'all are great people. Solidarity forever.

workin hard, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Gringostar posted:

i mean, they're not wrong

i don't kink shame :)