Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

old beast lunatic posted:

Racing sims stoned is my jam (while listening to coast to coast AM type poo poo about Aliens)

Joe Frank is some trippy, trippy spoken word stuff that’d probably be great for this. His old website has some stuff for free but I pay to be able to listen to all of it and it’s amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I can't play anything remotely competitive while stoned. I used to try to play Warcraft 3 high and I'd be thinking that my build is going fine when all of the sudden an army full of tier 2 units would roll into my base and I'm sitting there with like 5 soldiers and a couple farms.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That feeling when the edibles kick in and you realize it's not the slow-mo skill in Horizon Zero Dawn.

ihatechesspieces
Jan 2, 2013

Sonic Forces was a really fun game, despite all of the poo poo it seemed to get from critics. It was shorter than I wanted it to be, though.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.â€Â

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I can't imagine playing counterstrike sober is very fun

It is when you're playing competitively and loving things up for your own team.

big_brother
Sep 27, 2015

I enjoy berating my team in my slurred drunken stupor. I get kicked before we lose so I get to say I have a great w/l ratio in most competitive games I play.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.â€Â

big_brother posted:

I enjoy berating my team in my slurred drunken stupor. I get kicked before we lose so I get to say I have a great w/l ratio in most competitive games I play.

That's the thing, lobby up with a friend and you then gain votekick immunity. If they want to play the straight man, your team will never know...

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
Tf2 is probably my favorite game to play when I'm high. The community is largely relaxed but sometimes you get stuck with a team that's so brain dead it kills your buzz.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I am enjoying the gently caress out of ff15.

big_brother
Sep 27, 2015

DildenAnders posted:

That's the thing, lobby up with a friend and you then gain votekick immunity. If they want to play the straight man, your team will never know...

this is a good idea thank you for enabling my internet abuse of strangers you are a stand up citizen.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

big_brother posted:

this is a good idea thank you for enabling my internet abuse of strangers you are a stand up citizen.

Look, it's not an easy job, but someone's got to do it. You should be thanking me for keeping those streets clean!

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I am enjoying the gently caress out of ff15.

did you get to chapter 13 yet?

i liked it but man i hated that part

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I had a conversation with a barber where we both admitted to disliking Final Fantasy XV as an rpg but enjoying it as an anime bro hangout simulator

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ASenileAnimal posted:

did you get to chapter 13 yet?

i liked it but man i hated that part

Heh nah I just started, was screwing around exploring and doing side quests. Just got to king getting his rear end blown out before I had to go to work.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

All I got out of this conversation is that some of you actually want to have to stand up while you play video games and that is so foreign to me, a sentient glob of butter, that even in my wildest fantasies I can't relate
There are bartop and cocktail-style arcade cabinets as well. It's not just standups. You can be lazy as gently caress, seated, with your favorite food and/or drink at hand while still enjoying the full experience.

---

In the spirit of the thread, consoles should not just support keyboard/mouse, they should mandate that games support it where appropriate and not divide public lobbies. If arcade sticks, racing wheels, and flight sticks are fine in their respective games why should shooters be restricted to gamepad-only?

---

Also, the Sony Dual Analog/Dual Shock design was at best a quick and easy way to slap two analog sticks on to the gamepad they already had. The fact that the PS4's gamepad still shares the same basic design is some mix of half-assery and Harley Davidson levels of inability to progress thanks to fear of upsetting a vocal minority of fans that hate change.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Heh nah I just started, was screwing around exploring and doing side quests. Just got to king getting his rear end blown out before I had to go to work.

Don't forget to watch the Kingsglaive movie between chapters 1 and 2.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006

wolrah posted:

Also, the Sony Dual Analog/Dual Shock design was at best a quick and easy way to slap two analog sticks on to the gamepad they already had. The fact that the PS4's gamepad still shares the same basic design is some mix of half-assery and Harley Davidson levels of inability to progress thanks to fear of upsetting a vocal minority of fans that hate change.

What changes would you make?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People that say that always just have their brains wired for Xbox controllers. There is no actual logical reason why an asymmetrical stick layout is better. I used to think that poo poo but it was just because I played Xbox so much. Now that I mostly play playstation the Xbox sticks feel weird, although they are both perfectly fine.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

If you can't easily switch from mouse and keyboard to any controller easily then I don't think you can call yourself good at any games

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

Look I get that the weird, psych-sexual MAGA/racist poo poo that your average "troll" spews out is absolutely just hateful trash with no comedic value, but good, clean, old-fashioned trolling (i.e. teamkilling, teamblocking, convincing your teamates you were a soldier in Iraq and that you killed people, calling your teammates incels, enraging your teammates until they scream racial epithets at you, getting your teammates banned because they're racist, convincing your teammates you're a pretty lady, purposefully making your team lose, setting up a machine gun at spawn and knocking your teammates to 20% health, following a teammate around in a nighttime map and shining a flashlight on him until he gets killed, throwing a flashbang at your team when you all spawn, announce your position over voice chat, throwing smoke grenades at emplaced teammates, etc.) Is an art form and doesn't hurt anyone.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Teabagging also remains extremely funny and got me multiple hate messages while playing the new Call of Duty.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Playing video games is only more enjoyable when stoned if they are session based ie: counterstrike, dota, rocket league.

no man i got high and played ff15 and i was so blazed that i got emotionally overwhelmed just by the title screen and the music

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DildenAnders posted:

Look I get that the weird, psych-sexual MAGA/racist poo poo that your average "troll" spews out is absolutely just hateful trash with no comedic value, but good, clean, old-fashioned trolling (i.e. teamkilling, teamblocking, convincing your teamates you were a soldier in Iraq and that you killed people, calling your teammates incels, enraging your teammates until they scream racial epithets at you, getting your teammates banned because they're racist, convincing your teammates you're a pretty lady, purposefully making your team lose, setting up a machine gun at spawn and knocking your teammates to 20% health, following a teammate around in a nighttime map and shining a flashlight on him until he gets killed, throwing a flashbang at your team when you all spawn, announce your position over voice chat, throwing smoke grenades at emplaced teammates, etc.) Is an art form and doesn't hurt anyone.

Before some dipshits ruined it, the old griefing thread was an incredible read. Some people just go above and beyond at that kind of thing and I salute them.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Games will never be art.

Trolling can be art. Observe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWDq35rObV4

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Caesar Saladin posted:

Teabagging also remains extremely funny and got me multiple hate messages while playing the new Call of Duty.

In Apex Legends, whenever one of my squadmates is performing an execution, i immediately stop whatever im doing and teabag all around them for the duration of the animation. It's resulted in many squad wipes but i just can't help myself.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

DildenAnders posted:

This poster is doing god's work.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

Games will never be art.

Trolling can be art. Observe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWDq35rObV4

This was pretty good but the biggest lol came at the end when the dude who just shot somebody dead was begging for admin intervention. Do the people who play poo poo like this always whine even when they've clearly won? Is the "just go with it" concept completely foreign?

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

These guys can be hit/miss but I think you're a luddite if you can't appreciate this beauty.
https://youtu.be/hvjuXI68mHs
I don't play MMOs at all, I have no idea what the game is or what anyone's doing and yet this is one of the funniest things I've ever watched.

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
I've discovered the best trolling tech. Say "gg ez" when you lose. Someone from the winning team is bound to get the grumpy dumpies

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is the only worthwhile trolling I've ever done. The ending was actually just an accident, but I immediately went back and did this to like 20 more people and it worked almost every time lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pPHC1FDMqg

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ChazTurbo posted:

I've discovered the best trolling tech. Say "gg ez" when you lose. Someone from the winning team is bound to get the grumpy dumpies

Infantry Online had the worst online community I've ever experienced (man I loved that game though) and I still laugh about someone clowning me then saying "ez fagget."

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

veni veni veni posted:

This is the only worthwhile trolling I've ever done. The ending was actually just an accident, but I immediately went back and did this to like 20 more people and it worked almost every time lol.

What's making the rocks fall? I don't play that game - is it the tentacle monster thing, or him triggering it with attacks on you?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
this was so long ago the replay has since been cannibalized by three or four hd jumps but my finest hour in starcraft 2 was when some guys in 2v2 ladder got aggro at me for having a hawaiian-language sn and started dropping all kinds of slurs

then when my friend and i made our big push to try to end the match, only one of their armies was doing anything so we cleaned up good. i was worried the other guy was doing some sneaky poo poo back in our base, but when we got in he had like a 200/200 army just sitting around kind of spread out and we were confused. until we got this extremely long chat message that started out quite insulting and then devolved into lots of 1, 2, 3, 4, A, and various production hotkeys so he very obviously got caught with his pants down when we rolled up on him and kept trying to micro without realizing he still had his chat window open

it was a great victory for us but honestly it, along with getting the hidden achievement for going 5-0 in your placement matches (oh, and blizzard disabling my account because i asked them if they could include an opt-out of their background system query which was crashing my computer because it couldn't communicate with my homebrew drivers), was basically one of the main reasons i haven't laddered since 2011. people are just fuckin crazy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You need to lose Banjo Kazooie to get the good ending.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hosed up, op

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

:hmmyes:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jerry Cotton posted:

:chast2b:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

hotline miami is super overrated

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It was fresh when it hit, but yeah it hasn't aged into a classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

food court bailiff posted:

hotline miami is super overrated

Who is rating hotline miami at all in 2020