Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
Lol the USA chants for Lacey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Neil Peart is dead and Vince McMahon is alive.

gently caress this planet.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I think at this point we're in sort of a symbiotic relationship where posters enter the WWE mines and bring back nuggets of amusement for other posters, and feel they have entertained those posters, thus are paid to return to the mines.

Also Darkstar really likes joshi wrestlers and pines for a reality where WWE treats them with equivalency to their value to the company.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So Lacey vs Sasha never happened. They advertised it since the beginning of the week. Bayley got chumped by Lacey though.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

Who are you people watching WWE and complaining about it

It's like dancing naked in a mosquito colony and complaining you got dengue fever. What are you doing!

I have to imagine about 10% of the posters talking about wwe actually also watch it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Darkstar, if Io and Kairi go elsewhere, be that AEW or Stardom, would you stop watching WWE?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

So Lacey vs Sasha never happened. They advertised it since the beginning of the week. Bayley got chumped by Lacey though.

Company with a history of advertising matches that never happen continues to advertise matches that don't happen

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MJeff posted:

Darkstar, if Io and Kairi go elsewhere, be that AEW or Stardom, would you stop watching WWE?

I would still watch for Asuka but thats it.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Haven't seen Braun in a while, does he always look like he's in pain every step on the way to the ring?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Realtalk though - they keep doing lovely things like false advertising and the same people tune in week after week

Why would they ever change

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The revenue split between owner and players in all the major unionized sports leagues are in the 45-50% range for the players. I can't remember exactly what Dave said it was for WWE but I think it was in the 10-20% range and most of that is Brock. Becky has been the face of the women's division for a long time now and she main evented Wrestlemania. I feel like with a union she'd be making 10+ million easy.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I was assured last year the Lacey push was over with. Seems like that poster was full of poo poo.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

TheKingslayer posted:

I was assured last year the Lacey push was over with. Seems like that poster was full of poo poo.

Her RAW heel push, still need RAW face, Smackdown face, and Smackdown heel pushes for 3-6 months each. Then at the end she'll decide she doesn't wanna be blonde anymore like Carmella and whelp.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

Blaise330 posted:

Haven't seen Braun in a while, does he always look like he's in pain every step on the way to the ring?

Yeah WWE destroyed his legs in a few years and now force him to run around the ring and dance for our entertainment

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I hate the beat the champ for a championship match poo poo. If the champ is pinned clean in a solo match he should lose the belt.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Your winner, AND NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW

#1 contender for the title with the guy he was already feuding with who doesn't have another opponent.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Sheamus with a height-based eugenics promo

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Blaise330 posted:

Your winner, AND NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW

#1 contender for the title with the guy he was already feuding with who doesn't have another opponent.

Yeah, just... what are you going to do to make the actual championship match more exciting? We have now seen the match. Like, if it was a time limit stip and you go the distance, sure. But this just makes it all feel pointless.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Shouldn't put Sheamus hype package on right after Braun and Cesaro. All I'm remembering now is him losing to a 10 year old.

Well here we go, we got another 'I'm big and you're small!" heel since Cass is gone and Corbin is busy performing a writer's humiliation fetish stuff.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The WWE trope of someone pinning the champion in a non title match to win a shot at the title is so loving dumb. Much worse than automatic rematches.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

RealFoxy posted:

The WWE trope of someone pinning the champion in a non title match to win a shot at the title is so loving dumb. Much worse than automatic rematches.

It'd be cool once in a while to show a cocky champion underestimating his opponent and being surprised when he let his guard down. I'm gonna assume Shinsuke and his two friends that were also getting beaten up weren't underestimating Braun.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.
I can't imagine ever caring about WALTER again after got pinned clean from a single random tap at survivor series.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Watching smackdown for the first time in years. I can’t believe Roman still has that fuckin shield music

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Part of Roman's intro accomplishments card being "Relative of The Rock" is cute. You'd think he's done enough in the last decade to fill a card without bringing that up.

I wonder if Nia Jax's card will be "Relative of The Rock", "Beat a 90 pound woman at Wrestlemania in about 20 minutes", and "Accidentally got someone more famous by punching them in the face".

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Also gently caress whichever uso can’t drive without drinking like an rear end in a top hat but they’re cool as gently caress

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Pin the champion to get a title shot" works well in stuff like the G1, I think it's a fine trope. WWE is just bad.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

Blaise330 posted:

Part of Roman's intro accomplishments card being "Relative of The Rock" is cute. You'd think he's done enough in the last decade to fill a card without bringing that up.

I wonder if Nia Jax's card will be "Relative of The Rock", "Beat a 90 pound woman at Wrestlemania in about 20 minutes", and "Accidentally got someone more famous by punching them in the face".

Part of Lacey Evans is literaly "has daughter"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

Shouldn't put Sheamus hype package on right after Braun and Cesaro. All I'm remembering now is him losing to a 10 year old.

Well here we go, we got another 'I'm big and you're small!" heel since Cass is gone and Corbin is busy performing a writer's humiliation fetish stuff.

I swear to god Sheamus was doing a feud just like this not long before he disappeared.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Dacap posted:

Sheamus with a height-based eugenics promo

It looks like he's in the same dark room Aleister got stuck in.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

TheKingslayer posted:

I swear to god Sheamus was doing a feud just like this not long before he disappeared.

Never too late for another Sheamus vs Dbry Wrestlemania match.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

I think at this point we're in sort of a symbiotic relationship where posters enter the WWE mines and bring back nuggets of amusement for other posters, and feel they have entertained those posters, thus are paid to return to the mines.

Also Darkstar really likes joshi wrestlers and pines for a reality where WWE treats them with equivalency to their value to the company.

I just like WWE and enjoy watching their shows, ironically watching seems like a dull time to me, even if it’s just to crack jokes about it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TheKingslayer posted:

I watched a YouTube with Sheamus's Brogue Kick vs Big Show's WMD to determine max power for each move.

It kinda... sucked?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We successfully got through a whole main roster WWE show without a thread specifically for it :toot: definitely the first time in years, even taped ones usually get a thread and 2-3 pages out of it

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

Never too late for another Sheamus vs Dbry Wrestlemania match.

They can both retire themselves mid match.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

I watched a YouTube with Sheamus's Brogue Kick vs Big Show's WMD to determine max power for each move.

It kinda... sucked?

The winner has to be the Brogue Kick. I mean how many people has Show retired or injured with the WMD?

gently caress Sheamus.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

the_american_dream posted:

Also gently caress whichever uso can’t drive without drinking like an rear end in a top hat but they’re cool as gently caress

Their sexist "Queen Corbin" remark wasn't cool.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Usos were also part of shaming The Revival for shaving each other's backs.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TheKingslayer posted:

The winner has to be the Brogue Kick. I mean how many people has Show retired or injured with the WMD?

gently caress Sheamus.
Unfortunately kayfabe and whatever AfterEffects/Powerpoint setup they had as the "readout" said it was BigShow.

Sadly it would not cave Sheamus' skull in.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

fatherofmustard posted:

Their sexist "Queen Corbin" remark wasn't cool.

Their gimmick is being 35 year old frat boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

This was the first smackdown I've been home to watch in weeks and weeks and it was so boring I wanted to die. I love what they've done with Sasha Banks! Her not even being on the show at all even though that's what they apparently advertised is great!

I hope everyone fights over who likes dog food the most forever.