Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mulva posted:

But then he can leave and come back as Colin Robinson and it's like "gently caress I hate this guy, I wish that gecko was still around", and they'd be like a million times more bummed out than normal with him.

gently caress, see this is why I wouldn't make a good vampire hunter like Guillermo, I just don't think these things through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

No one would ever be bored or irritated when he was around they would just be like "Oh awesome a Gecko!"
Spoken like someone who hasn't lived somewhere with a shitload of geckos constantly chirping and screaming on their porch

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Whalley posted:

Spoken like someone who hasn't lived somewhere with a shitload of geckos constantly chirping and screaming on their porch

How many of those Geckos are actually energy vampires who held a shamefully bad orgy?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Jenna was totally enthused by Colin--she may be immune to his power!

Being a loser nerd can apparently pay off in vampire culture...

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
I don't think this cropped up in the thread but I found that the original 2005 short film What We Do In The Shadows: Interviews With Some Vampires is on youtube in full, it's very, very kiwi deadpan humour. Do recommend. They're so young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB4ERbk0EVY

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Harvey Guillen (Guillermo) has tweeted that season 2 filming is complete. Also that release will be spring 2020.

Propaniac fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 23, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I changed my mind and now think it is.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh poo poo I forgot about this thread. The other TV spinoff (of the original film) Wellington Paranormal just finished up its second season, check it out if you can track it down somehow.

In one episode they featured some random dude who was supposed to be the fiance of the prime minister but it turns out it really was the actual partner of NZ's prime minister Jacinda Ardern.

They also had a Christmas special!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFCtjsJxJMU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Propaniac posted:

Harvey Guillen (Guillermo) has tweeted that season 2 filming is complete. Also that release will be spring 2020.

I’m glad this show is coming back. I hope Guillermo goes full Van Helsing in S2.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I caught up on Wellington Paranormal over Christmas and yeah it's really drat good. Not quite up to WWDitS of course, but a nice backup while waiting for more episodes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I still can't find that anywhere, legal or not. Frustrating.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Well it's been on :files: I know

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Rights shenanigans related to WWDITS have kept it antipodean only but yeah it's definitely available via :filez:

zamiel
Nov 12, 2005

Pugs not drugs
Season 2 premiers April 15th per FX Network's facebook. No time slot info

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Hey trip report the new Stephen Moffat Dracula miniseries is exactly as bad as you'd expect.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Arglebargle III posted:

Hey trip report the new Stephen Moffat Dracula miniseries is exactly as bad as you'd expect.

It's somehow even worse.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

zamiel posted:

Season 2 premiers April 15th per FX Network's facebook. No time slot info

Hell. loving. Yes.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
https://twitter.com/hamillhimself/status/1215451207579234304

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo that is the best.

Edit: Also for those who might have missed it, WWDitS ranked extremely well in the recently completed TVIV Poll of 2019's Best Shows which is extremely gratifying.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh heck yes.

Who do you think he'll play? I'm hoping he's going to be a Vampire hunter who acts as Guillermo's mentor.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

Yeah, it's truly awful. I feel like the guy playing Dracula would have a ton of fun in WWDITS though.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
My wife actually watched the documentary they put out with the BBC Dracula and the creators are big fans and really appreciate the history... which just makes it all the more baffling about how bad it ended up. Plus wow are they awful at writing female characters, in every show they do.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh heck yes.

Who do you think he'll play? I'm hoping he's going to be a Vampire hunter who acts as Guillermo's mentor.

Yeah, he'd make an amazing Van Hellsing type

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
I’ve just made it through 1 part of the new Dracula. I watched it as a dark comedy and thought it was OK but not great. Like it clearly knows we’ve all seen multiple and better Dracula versions before and is trying to leverage that into a fresh take through a Dracula who’s amused at his own jokes and a super-modern nun but it doesn’t fully work.

My wife’s got money on Mark Hammill as a werewolf.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It's funny how the two leads get a chance to do acting in the first act of the first episode and absolutely kill it. The guy who plays Dracula did a great job in his transformation. Then the Stephen Moffat starts.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

:swoon: And here I was not thinking I could get any more excited for the new season...

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
My initial reaction was that Mark Hamill should play himself like all the other guest stars, but him playing a gruff old vampire hunter sounds amazing.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

counterfeitsaint posted:

My initial reaction was that Mark Hamill should play himself like all the other guest stars, but him playing a gruff old vampire hunter sounds amazing.

Imagine the amazing Snipes/Hamill beef :allears:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

counterfeitsaint posted:

What about this: Matk Hamill plays himself, AND he's a gruff old vampire hunter. Turns out hunting vampires is his side hustle when he's not acting.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I want a Dracula show where it's just old Dracula from the 1st episode hamming it up and being incredibly obvious and suspicious

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Phi230 posted:

I want a Dracula show where it's just old Dracula from the 1st episode hamming it up and being incredibly obvious and suspicious

I want a Dracula show that's just the version of Dracula from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgZiBS64sC4

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

That’s basically a Lucifer prequel without the daddy issues

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

I'm no Moffat fan, but I quite enjoyed the first two parts, if only for the guy playing Dracula.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BetterLekNextTime posted:

That’s basically a Lucifer prequel without the daddy issues

These people, they are without FLAVAH

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
Is there a thread for discussing the Dracula miniseries because I am angry at how hard I got Moffat’d

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Concatenation posted:

Is there a thread for discussing the Dracula miniseries because I am angry at how hard I got Moffat’d

No, but thanks for reminding me of how I watched a show with two episodes I found really great and a third episode that was so bad it retroactively ruined the preceding two.

I hope WWDitS comes back soon.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Someone described Dracula in Moffet's new show as being horny for the sun so I'll check it our at some point.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FairGame posted:

a third episode that was so bad it retroactively ruined the preceding

Are you sure you didn't just watch Sherlock series 4?

:negative:

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

FairGame posted:

No, but thanks for reminding me of how I watched a show with two episodes I found really great and a third episode that was so bad it retroactively ruined the preceding two.

I didn't make it past the first episode; it started off really well and then became clear that they were going to write Count Dracula in exactly the same way as all the villains from Sherlock (smarmy, cruel, smarter-than-thou middle aged white guys). Similarly the way Moffat seems to come up with a premise for an interesting confrontation scene and then works backwards to write the script, ignoring logical character development and motivations. I genuinely feel like Dracula ruined the good seasons of Sherlock for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9rX8BT97qI

Waiting for April 15th is torture.