Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cool but pc players have had that since release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Picked up iceborne finally. That first fight fuckin sucks diarrhea poo poo from a motherflippin donkey, but after feels real good. Having the gathering hub centralize all the base’s functions is real nice.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Knuc U Kinte posted:

i played through the game originally on pc, then went to the ps4 so i could play iceborne early.

iceborne on ps4 is still faster

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
They only need a melder in the gathering hub to make it perfect.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Iceborne time hunters.

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

happy hunting pc players

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the new charge blade buzzsaw mode is fuckin sick, reminds me of DMCV's motorcycle. I've barely done anything in the new zone since I've been doing all the optionals to check out the revamps of the old guys still but what little I've seen of it is awesome, super dense and lots of avalanches and ice slides and trees to knock over etc. I'm gonna play this for 400 hours

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I had no idea about the buzzsaw i'm gonna have to look that up. Zipline mounting is super satisfying though. Got 4 carted last night against tygrex with my buddies in the special arena. Bro can reach pretty much any point in the arena in a leap. Scary.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

I had no idea about the buzzsaw i'm gonna have to look that up. Zipline mounting is super satisfying though. Got 4 carted last night against tygrex with my buddies in the special arena. Bro can reach pretty much any point in the arena in a leap. Scary.

if you do the big amped discharge slam and hit L2 during the windup the edge of the blade in axe mode turns into a buzzsaw that does 3 - 5 hits per attack whenever you swing it. seems to last a long rear end time too, it just slowly drains phials, as long as you pop back to sword and recharge every once in a while you can keep it up for the whole hunt

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

offensive guard lets me play this game like Adept CB from GU which is badass.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress I wanna play this...

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

offensive guard lets me play this game like Adept CB from GU which is badass.

i’m loving all the new poo poo. currently practicing the new moves on the longsword but i’m pumped to switch back to CB. its horrifying how many combos are now just permanently stuck in my muscle memory, but it rules

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

greatsword continues to be fun as hell, and im looking forward to doing more lancing and charge blade once ive got the mats to make good ones

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fiend Matador posted:

greatsword continues to be fun as hell, and im looking forward to doing more lancing and charge blade once ive got the mats to make good ones

the kulu lance takes almost no materials and is really really good. offensive guard is really fun

very excited to get zinogre hbg

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

As a newbie to the series I love the "what the gently caress is THAT" moments when you see a new monster for the first time. Deviljho in particular was a crazy reveal because it just popped up and murdered the Diablos I was hunting

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Nostradingus posted:

As a newbie to the series I love the "what the gently caress is THAT" moments when you see a new monster for the first time. Deviljho in particular was a crazy reveal because it just popped up and murdered the Diablos I was hunting

Some top tier gaming moments here.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

bazelguese revealing itself by out of nowhere crashing headfirst into an odogaron i was hunting was extremely hype

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Finally took down valkhana after dying like 10 times. What a bullshit fight, definitely my least favorite monster in this otherwise very good game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tigrex was my first failed hunt so far, piece of poo poo animal. i got him on my 2nd try by just standing still with my shield up and waiting for the rear end in a top hat to tire himself out

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Tigrex with a pubgroup was a 3 cart in 5 minutes. Did it with friends fairly easily, but lost in the special arena to him. Gonna steal your strat it seems a lot less stressful.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

Finally took down valkhana after dying like 10 times. What a bullshit fight, definitely my least favorite monster in this otherwise very good game.

I just unlocked the Repel quest for this...hopefully it isn't miserable

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

In Training posted:

I just unlocked the Repel quest for this...hopefully it isn't miserable

Nah the quests leading up are all fine and fun. I actually liked it a lot and was looking forward to the real fight. Then you get to it though and it takes long enough to expose a lot of weirdly unreliable mechanics.

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 14, 2020

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

At least it isnt zorah again lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

evade reloading with the LBG is loving sick

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Namielle is insanely cool, but I saw the clock flashing which means it took over 49 minutes to kill. gently caress off game lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I couldnt be happier with the state of the longsword. The new moves are so stylish, and the slight nerf to the foresight slash just keeps me honest.And now that i can have a little pendant thingy hanging off it?? Oh my god, living the dream

I will eventually pick the hunting horn back up, since the changes and extra move seem awesome. But I’m absolutely loving swinging my big sword around

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

At least it isnt zorah again lol

Zorah magranaoragah + the handler sayin Doran Mahgrahora over and over + rescuing the handler from dorian bora bora = awesome sauce.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody else prodromally dreaming about doing city damage in monster hunter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Edit: crit* damage

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

In Training posted:

Anybody else prodromally dreaming about doing city damage in monster hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duK8okgQNIU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I haven’t played in over a week, but I had finally gotten all my old combos down, and am ready to learn the new charge blade poo poo. Maybe this weekend.

That feeling of hitting a double charged full combo is among the best in gaming, but too complex to be a true goomba stomp.

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

boosting low level hunters so i can get another gold pendant

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I picked up MHW and might play it soon. Stay tuned.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

spb posted:

I picked up MHW and might play it soon. Stay tuned.

you're in for some god tier gaming. enjoy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

velkhana is one of the coolest elders ever, wow. That fight was a drat slugfest

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

velkhana is one of the coolest elders ever, wow. That fight was a drat slugfest

It was badass

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Fiend Matador posted:

you're in for some god tier gaming. enjoy

Thank you my friend. I hope to enjoy playing the game.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
drat I really need to get back into this game. The expansion looks rad as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I want to learn the new SnS Perfect Rush combo but everytime I use it I fling myself in a random direction and flail at nothing in particular