Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Inspector Hound posted:

Hello, plz giev me ur password? I'm president of lanoiredev, joe cumflaps

On the other hand, this guy can say 'cumflaps' so he must be legit R* staff!

My password is 'CREAMPIE'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Go into a public lobby and turn on voice chat. It will wipe away any feelings you may have of GTA players being intelligent

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Maybe I'm missing something, but have gyro controls with the steam controller stopped working for anyone else since they brought in the rockstar launcher?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Medullah posted:

Go into a public lobby and turn on voice chat. It will wipe away any feelings you may have of GTA players being intelligent

I'm on console, please tell me there is some way to have voices muted by default that I just somehow overlooked...please :negative:

Also am I weird for selling the high rise I never go to just so Lester will stop calling and telling me about a heist there I didn't wanna do anytime soon? I almost considered buying the Arena War property to stop the Bryony calls for that same reason.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

That's what Rockstar wants you to do

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

they censor rockstar in chat, but not cockstar

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm on console, please tell me there is some way to have voices muted by default that I just somehow overlooked...please :negative:

Also am I weird for selling the high rise I never go to just so Lester will stop calling and telling me about a heist there I didn't wanna do anytime soon? I almost considered buying the Arena War property to stop the Bryony calls for that same reason.

Yes, in one of the options menu you can turn voice chat off completely or only for your crew/friends. I think it's in the menu when you hold down the touchpad.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Wolfsheim posted:

I still use the crap out of Lester’s heist teleport to your penthouse, but you can do the same to a facility I guess

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Medullah posted:

we are still here playing this after all

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

our ten dollars puts us above all that though

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Zigmidge posted:

our ten dollars puts us above all that though

Ten dollar pubbies lmaoooooo

Also I like how you say 'we' when you've played more Destiny 2 in the past few months than you've played GTA Online in the last year :colbert:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

so?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

GTA is your true destiny

E what in the gently caress is the firing arc on the armored kuruma, I've been playing this game for loving ever and sometimes it's just like "eh you can't see there right now"

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 6, 2020

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Fuckin' 'ell English Dave I just switched the DJ thirty minutes ago in active game time how are you already giving me poo poo about a stale act

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Pretty lackluster week, but 2x contact missions...

New Content:
Imorgon, $2,165,000
Podium Car: 8F Drafter

Double GTA$ and RP Activities:
Arena Wars
Contact Missions
Resurrection

Discounted Content:
8F Drafter, $466,700
Special Cargo Warehouses
Office Renovations
Clubhouse Renovations
Bunker Renovations
Hangar Renovations
Select Facility Renovations
Nightclub Renovations
Office Garages
MC Businesses
MOC
Arena Wars Workshop

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
hm, new car is based on this

neat

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Hugh Malone posted:

neat

Yep! Imorgon's an electric car but it has 3 gears... very weird.

Seems to be the most expensive Sports-class car in the game now, but it has a pretty terrible top-speed. Decent acceleration (about the same as the Neon, another electric sports car) and gets around races with lots of corners pretty quick, but not worth the $2.16mil

https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Imorgon

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hugh Malone posted:

neat

gumpert

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
Did somebody say double XP double funbux contact missions?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Otacon posted:

Yep! Imorgon's an electric car but it has 3 gears... very weird.

and it makes the electricity by burning methanol... ?!

weird flex but ok!

edit: ok I read more, it uses a methanol fuel cell that produces water and co2 as waste, but emits less co2 than the methanol production process removes from the atmosphere.

and no charging, so you never have to worry about a douchebag in a diesel f350 parking across all the charging spaces

neat

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 10, 2020

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Hugh Malone posted:

and it makes the electricity by burning methanol... ?!

weird flex but ok!

edit: ok I read more, it uses a methanol fuel cell that produces water and co2 as waste, but emits less co2 than the methanol production process removes from the atmosphere.

and no charging, so you never have to worry about a douchebag in a diesel f350 parking across all the charging spaces

neat

Yeah I had no idea this car existed... should I be investing in it? Lol

But yeah, other than that it sucks... nowhere near as peppy as some of the other electric cars, and the top speed is crazy bad. I have never sold a non-duplicate car I bought, but I thought about doing it to this one for a sec.

Contact missions sound fun. I still haven’t done the Martin and new Simeon ones... maybe it’s time to try them out

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

coupedeville posted:

Did somebody say double XP double funbux contact missions?

I fuckin knew you wouldnt stay away forever

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FuturePastNow posted:

Here's a terribly laid out list I found of all the words R* censors:

https://imgur.com/opoSDoB

(Changed to album link because timg didn't make it a thumbnail properly)

some of these are really, really strange

"fritz," "kraut" and "jerry" probably don't need to be censored since the game isn't being played by 1940s British soldiers

i have no idea why "nintendo" is censored on a game that is on precisely zero nintendo platforms

mininova is, to my knowledge, completely dead and demonoid is not exactly a current torrent site, meanwhile most of the actual current torrent sites don't seem to be there

and how many times have they had to deal with people using "buttpirate" hatefully exactly

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

It was uploaded April 2015 so I guess temper your expectations based on that

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

some of these are really, really strange

"fritz," "kraut" and "jerry" probably don't need to be censored since the game isn't being played by 1940s British soldiers

i have no idea why "nintendo" is censored on a game that is on precisely zero nintendo platforms

mininova is, to my knowledge, completely dead and demonoid is not exactly a current torrent site, meanwhile most of the actual current torrent sites don't seem to be there

and how many times have they had to deal with people using "buttpirate" hatefully exactly

Jerry is a fun one since there is a jerry can in the game. I know its a days gone by slur. Same deal with the variations of fag at the same time there are ingame vehicles called the faggio and fagaloa.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Since they're on discount, I picked up a couple more motorcycle club businesses. Do I have to keep them "active" so they work with the Nightclub, or can I shut them down?

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

FFT posted:

Since they're on discount, I picked up a couple more motorcycle club businesses. Do I have to keep them "active" so they work with the Nightclub, or can I shut them down?

You have to keep them active... I think if you supply them once, like run one supply mission, and then leave them be, you won’t get calls.

I’ve had them active forever and only get the occasional call about the weed one

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

1. buy the ___ business
2. do the ___ business initial setup mission
3. never visit the ___ business again (well, go back one time at least to sell the product in that business)
4. assign nightclub tech to ___

After the initial business missions stock wears off you will get periodic calls from LJT "Hey you know weed doesnt grow on trees right" since you have no supplies. Calls are definitely less frequent since a couple updates ago when they did something.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
1. Run Bogdan for $1.2mil every 15 minutes.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Zesty posted:

1. Run Bogdan for $1.2mil every 15 minutes.

Alright, I'll be the stupid person this page who requests a link or a semi-quick guide on what state which heist needs to be in to do this, and whether I need other people

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Inspector Hound posted:

Alright, I'll be the stupid person this page who requests a link or a semi-quick guide on what state which heist needs to be in to do this, and whether I need other people

You'll need a facility to host The Doomsday Heist. Bogdan is the Act 2 finale, so complete Act 1 setups and finale, and Act 2 setups.

Start Act 2 Finale - minimum 2 people needed, so you and a friend. On the drive to the sub or whenever there's a few seconds free, have Player 2 "Commend" the host early on through the Pause->Player menu to avoid Bad Sport lobbies. Complete the entire mission - it ends when you land the Avenger in the LSIA hangar. As soon as the cutscene starts, the orange Saving icon appears. The host disconnects from the Internet as soon as the orange Saving icon disappears. Everybody will get paid, and the host can restart the finale.

There's no reason to run it any easier than Hard, which nets the group $1,187,500. That's a ~600k payday at 50/50, minimum split is 15/85 which is ~$200k/$1mil. And yes - literally a 15 minute job, start to finish.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 13, 2020

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Otacon posted:

You'll need a facility to host The Doomsday Heist. Bogdan is the Act 2 finale, so complete Act 1 setups and finale, and Act 2 setups.

Start Act 2 Finale - minimum 2 people needed, so you and a friend. Complete entire mission - it ends when you land the Avenger in the LSIA hangar. As soon as the cutscene starts, the orange Saving icon appears. The host disconnects from the Internet as soon as the orange Saving icon disappears. Everybody will get paid, and the host can restart the finale.

There's no reason to run it any easier than Hard, which nets the group $1,187,500. That's a ~600k payday at 50/50, minimum split is 15/85 which is ~$200k/$1mil. And yes - literally a 15 minute job, start to finish.

Seductively doable..

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

Seductively doable..

eminently doable. if there are concerns about bans or whatever just spend the cash. thats what its for after all!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Random pubbies WILL take that 15% cut. It’s stupidly profitable and easily repeats if you have good rapport with someone who wants to stick around.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
whenever I host, I don't get the money (ps4). I thought this was normal, this is very unsettling

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Zesty posted:

Random pubbies WILL take that 15% cut. It’s stupidly profitable and easily repeats if you have good rapport with someone who wants to stick around.

Hell, I'll take 15% if I'm the aviator. If I'm getting 15% and am expected to do the submarine bit (which happened to me yesterday) I might just waste your time.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Hugh Malone posted:

whenever I host, I don't get the money (ps4). I thought this was normal, this is very unsettling

I don't play PS4 but here's a Reddit suggestion: Host should clear cache before doing the heist. Host should be on sub team, and Player 2 should fly the Avenger.

When host has boarded the Avenger, deposit cash picked up from bodies through the MazeBank cellphone app. If you didn't get any cash, make a withdrawl through the cellphone app, and then deposit it again. Pull internet cable after orange Saving icon disappears as normal.

Since PS4/Xbox still have Bad Sport lobbies, I'd recommend having Player 2 "Commend" the host early on in each run, through the Pause->Player menu.

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Is there a risk of getting bad sport for killing the game repeatedly after running the Bogdan Problem a few times?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Otacon posted:

Since PS4/Xbox still have Bad Sport lobbies, I'd recommend having Player 2 "Commend" the host early on in each run, through the Pause->Player menu.

I got bad sported on pc last summer doing bogdan, so have p2 commend you regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012

Mondian posted:

I got bad sported on pc last summer doing bogdan, so have p2 commend you regardless

Fantastic idea thank you.