Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

says someone who just spunked 150k into a ditch just to impress people

yeah wasn't my money tho so faaaaarrrrrt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jose posted:

How did they nearly die?

squatted an empty bar while being extremely wobbly, then loaded up 20kg on each side, descended 10cm then nearly fell over and had to jam the bar into the rack before they collapsed under the weight

they immediately walked away from the rack and didn't return lol

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i still need a digger

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

MikeCrotch posted:

squatted an empty bar while being extremely wobbly, then loaded up 20kg on each side, descended 10cm then nearly fell over and had to jam the bar into the rack before they collapsed under the weight

they immediately walked away from the rack and didn't return lol

Lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

That was me

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

git gud @ squats m8

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i like squats :tutbutt:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Did parkrun again this morning, did better.

Swam 2k this arvo.

Also found a fiver on the walk back from the pool.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Everything's coming up ratty

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Ratjaculation posted:

Did parkrun again this morning, did better.

Swam 2k this arvo.

Also found a fiver on the walk back from the pool.

what you gonna get w/ it

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

i dont know crispy, the world is my oyster

(not oyster)

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Get a Gregg's vegan sausage roll

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

oyster card deposit

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

oh no computer posted:

oyster card deposit

I knew trains were expensive but this is ridiculous

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/1216150894892351489?s=20

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bluedog

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

freelop posted:

Get a Gregg's vegan sausage roll

i dont like them!

greggs or their sausage rolls

pasty-land superiority 4 lyf

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i had the best cheese and onion pasty ever in the wendover woods cafe this sunday and a coffee + coffee cake. but i was very tired and hungry so that might of had something to do with it

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

l o n g

https://twitter.com/borzbot/status/1216321939553378306?s=19

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

£6 interest on my isa

This week everything's coming up rathouse

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

I maintain that some russian dude back in the day was like

"Yvgeni, what if we breed dog, but with very very long nose"

there is no other possible explanation

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they are designed to kill wolves

the long snouts are adapted for digging up patios

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

you see comrade, if we elongate snoot enemy will miss when they try to boop it

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

long rear end dog

Qubee
May 31, 2013

recruitment agencies are vultures, just had one call trying to build up my hopes so they could segway into an information gleaning spiel to add to their database. politely told them to gently caress off by letting them know they have my email and can send the job information to me directly instead of trying to find out which agencies have contacted me and what roles i've been offered and the salaries of said roles. i also got turned down for the sainsbury's role, working in a supermarket patisserie is either high competition or i whomped the interview (which i thought i did okay in). shoulda gone back home after graduating instead of moving to a new city with the gf.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Qubee posted:

recruitment agencies are vultures, just had one call trying to build up my hopes so they could segway into an information gleaning spiel to add to their database. politely told them to gently caress off by letting them know they have my email and can send the job information to me directly instead of trying to find out which agencies have contacted me and what roles i've been offered and the salaries of said roles. i also got turned down for the sainsbury's role, working in a supermarket patisserie is either high competition or i whomped the interview (which i thought i did okay in). shoulda gone back home after graduating instead of moving to a new city with the gf.

life is a gently caress, keep fighting

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Qubee posted:

i think i said earlier but it's worth repeating supermarket interview process is bananas. they have so many applicants they can just filter out peope until they find the best min wage slaves.

no joke if you need the money apply for deliveroo. it's good work in the evenings and weekends and there's basically no requirments beyond being a person

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

just to throw an example out there but my buddy who had decent qualifications and a career was rejected from marks & sparks while me a drop out no lifer was accepted. the interviewer said he asked too many questions lol

Qubee
May 31, 2013

you fuckers are good people. feeling blessed to stumble on this thread, even though at first i thought it was mini-FYAD uk edition. i can't do deliveroo cause i remember reading that it actually ends up costing you if you're driving a financed car with annual mileage allowance instead of some old banger that is yours outright. i could cycle though.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

yeah, cycle is the way to go then you don't need to worry about insurance

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

hmm ive hidden the recycling bin behind the normal bin so to get to it you have to move the normal bin out of the way. hopefully that'll stop morons from putting plastic bags in it?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
poo poo on the lid imo

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Qubee posted:

shoulda gone back home after graduating instead of moving to a new city with the gf.
if it is any consolation i moved to my girlfriends home which is a shithole town going nowhere and havent worked in years

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Jose posted:

remember that brief period near the start of the thread when djf claimed to be black and isn't? or is he? i don't remember how that got resolved

Nah, he's actually black.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

segue

anyone ever bought anything really expensive on ebay? How you do that and not get scammed?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

segue

anyone ever bought anything really expensive on ebay? How you do that and not get scammed?

Very carefully

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

ok im off to a remote scottish farm with 11k in cash in my glovebox

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

segue

just dont follow any instructions they give you about dealing with it offsite, and read every single description on the page

as long as you follow ebay procedures and pay via paypal you can usually get your money back

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i bought a konica minolta dynax 5d off there for a hundred quid and it was the best goddamn camera i ever had, i was sad when it died after an ill advised and unprotected trip to a water park

the colours were loving amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

NotJustANumber99 posted:

ok im off to a remote scottish farm with 11k in cash in my glovebox

*hollyoaks guitar riff*