Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

feedmyleg posted:

Elijah Wood is legit as hell.

Elijah Wood also produced A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, Mandy, the Greasy Strangler and upcoming Color Out of Space, and probably other things I don't know about (I googled him a couple days ago when I saw him listed as the producer on the Color Out of Space poster and became intrigued). He gets to kick his feet up in the cool club every day of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MacheteZombie posted:

Maniac with Elijah Wood is fantastic imo.

Grand Piano good too

I didn't realize he'd gotten into producing as well, he apparently helped with A Girl Walks Home At Night, Mandy and a few others

Edit: ^^^^^^^ hey there vvvvvvvvv

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

MacheteZombie posted:

Maniac with Elijah Wood is fantastic imo.

Maniac is good, and so is I Don’t Feel At Home In This World Anymore. He’s also one of the producers of Mandy and The Color Out Of Space

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
The podcast Elijah Wood did for Shudder (and still does maybe?) was neat, you can tell he really loves the genre.

K. Waste posted:

Now watch Heaven Knows What

yeah I added it to my Letterboxd watchlist, I'll check it out soon.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

K. Waste posted:

Now watch Heaven Knows What

Then go watch Her Smell, which was shot by Sean Price Williams, who along with Bradford Young are my favorite cinematographers working right now. He also shot Heaven Knows What and Good Times.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

morestuff posted:

Grand Piano good too

I didn't realize he'd gotten into producing as well, he apparently helped with A Girl Walks Home At Night, Mandy and a few others

Edit: ^^^^^^^ hey there vvvvvvvvv

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Maniac is good, and so is I Don’t Feel At Home In This World Anymore. He’s also one of the producers of Mandy and The Color Out Of Space

I knew you two were cool

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Greasy Strangler is a movie I am very glad exists even if I will probably never watch it again. That loving soundtrack.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Voodoofly posted:

I knew you two were cool

Don’t call me cool yet, I haven’t seen Mandy yet because I strongly disliked Beyond the Black Rainbow. I am looking forward to The Color Out of Space and I might gently caress around and see it at a local genre film festival next weekend.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

Robert Pattinson had pretty open contempt for Twilight and was very upfront about only being in it for the money. People who don't like him are just squares. I think he rules, there aren't too many people I can think of that were in a huge franchise, made gently caress you money, and then used that as an opportunity to quietly go off and just make movies they'd like to be in. Maybe Daniel Radcliffe, but Pattinson's output is way better than anything Daniel Radcliffe has done since Harry Potter.

Both Shia LaBeouf and James Franco have tried with the former having trouble getting anyone to take him seriously and with the latter just making kinda asinine art.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Don’t call me cool yet, I haven’t seen Mandy yet because I strongly disliked Beyond the Black Rainbow. I am looking forward to The Color Out of Space and I might gently caress around and see it at a local genre film festival next weekend.

You are allowed to be cool even if you haven't seen something cool.

Lord knows I haven't seen most cool things that came out the last few years.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Voodoofly posted:

Then go watch Her Smell, which was shot by Sean Price Williams, who along with Bradford Young are my favorite cinematographers working right now. He also shot Heaven Knows What and Good Times.

I love Her Smell, didn't know it was shot by the same guy as Good Times but I can definitely see it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Radcliffe and Elijah Woods enhance most projects they are in.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Voodoofly posted:

You are allowed to be cool even if you haven't seen something cool.

Lord knows I haven't seen most cool things that came out the last few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj8NXWkqcqI

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/CineplexMovies/status/1216772031389282305

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Elijah Wood was hanging out in the pit with eyes as big as saucers at those first Ween reunion shows which will always delight me to no end.

Safety Factor posted:

Greasy Strangler is a movie I am very glad exists even if I will probably never watch it again. That loving soundtrack.
Anything gently caress Buttons-related is worth checking out.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Complaining about the Oscars is just a fun opportunity to talk about how good your taste is. It's not meant to be seriously productive.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

So like 70 minutes explaining what a vampire is, then a rushed third act where Jared Harris turns out to be iconic Morbius villain Doctor Paine

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Saw Matt Smith for a second in that trailer, excited to see how he gets edited out of this franchise just like be did for Terminator and Star Wars!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

pospysyl posted:

Complaining about the Oscars is just a fun opportunity to talk about how good your taste is. It's not meant to be seriously productive.
Yup

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
They really are doing all the Sinister Six movies. Bizarre.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Elijah Wood great but man, North might be the worst film ever made.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Biggest shocker was Domnhall Gleeson suddenly showing up.

Not the baby breaking it's neck?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Biggest shocker was Domnhall Gleeson suddenly showing up.

I watched Dredd the other night on a date and I completely loving forgot that he's in it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The more surprising cameo in mother! is Kristen Wiig. Especially when it turns out she is more than just a publicist and starts executing people. How things can change within half an hour!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 13, 2020

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Woof.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

They really are doing all the Sinister Six movies. Bizarre.

Swiss Miss movie confirmed

edit: Kraven The Hunter is just going to be a straight up tragic love story, the man who loves animals a little too much

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Voodoofly posted:

Elijah Wood also produced A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night, Mandy, the Greasy Strangler and upcoming Color Out of Space, and probably other things I don't know about (I googled him a couple days ago when I saw him listed as the producer on the Color Out of Space poster and became intrigued). He gets to kick his feet up in the cool club every day of the week.

Also he helped fund the restoration of Belladonna of Sadness

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
A Kraven movie would kick rear end.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Alhazred posted:

Not the baby breaking it's neck?

That was partially a joke, given how the rest of the movie plays out, and partially expecting something like that because I got spoiled on it.

Timby posted:

I watched Dredd the other night on a date and I completely loving forgot that he's in it.

No joke I went “oh poo poo that’s Domnhall Gleeson!” and when my girlfriend said “I don’t know who that is” I responded “he’s the hacker with the weird eyes from Dredd.”

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

A Kraven movie would kick rear end.

That has to be the plan for the next mainline Spider-Man, unless they want to start rehashing guys

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Ruptured Yakety Sax posted:

well except for kangaroo island :smith:

Yeah. Fun fact, that's where the Tasmanian indigenous were shipped to for labour because there was an extermination policy on Tasmania, and now all their ersatz land is basically fuckin' gone

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I hope Morbius has a stinger where Blade shows up.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I hope Morbius has a stinger where Blade shows up.

Blade is in Marvel's stable, not Sony's.

But when Marvel finally does make a Blade adaptation, I hope he slices up a Leto lookalike in the cold open.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I hate Jared Leto, so I doubt I'll watch Morbius unless I hear great things from peeps I trust on here.

That said, this is the same director, Daniel Espinosa, as the sci-fi horror film LIFE from a few years ago, which was pretty fun and made me cringe.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

feedmyleg posted:

But when Marvel finally does make a Blade adaptation, I hope he slices up a Leto lookalike in the cold open.

That’s too bad. Hopefully Disney buys Sony soon so we get the Morbius movie that god intended.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
well with Toomes showing up it seems that the Sony movies are at least tangentially part of the MCU, and a Blade movie is in the works, so it's not entirely out of the question I guess

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
As much a part of the MCU as Iron Fist.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

It's still weird to me how Leto is a thing what with #MeToo and all the allegations of him creeping on teenage fans.

Changing the subject: This is the picture of the day:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's a mark of quality to be snubbed, honestly.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Issa Rae should host the oscars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

mother! is wild, but never feels like it’s too jarring when it starts going off the rails. It feels like a dream, where one event seamlessly fades into another event with no definite beginning or end. Unlike anything I’ve seen for a very long time, and I can’t believe Aronofsky got away with it. Biggest shocker was Domnhall Gleeson suddenly showing up.

Kristin Stewart’s right there.

mother! Is one of those recent movies where I was thinking "How the hell did this not get an NC-17.

I thought of Kristen Stewart, but I wanted to avoid the shame of not having seen any of her real movies.

feedmyleg posted:

We already have a perfect film version of Blade, all further Blades are unnecessary.