Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Shbobdb posted:

Isn't Pick a homo?

she's bisexual and is not a homophobe or transphobe

free pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Apprentice Dick posted:

Do you not know the guy who slept under a truck instead in a tent with her lore?

a truck is just a really solid tent and thus alot safer

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

I want to thank everyone in this thread, and on reddit. The truely mind boggling wastes of oxygen on display every day truely do make me feel better about myself. It's just become more and more difficult to whine depressedly. God bless! :glomp:

I am going through kind of a bad breakup and in my lowest moments I can't imagine acting like some of the morons in r/relationships. It truly does make you feel better about yourself.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

CJacobs posted:

As soon as you saw "we live in Alabama" you should have known the sorry truth.

edit:

He was eventually... "educated" ...but still never came to the realization that in his world he would someday have to explain to his 1 living child that they were the lucky one in a pure dice roll to determine which fetus would be carried and which would be aborted

Speaking of poor white trash, I'm looking for the post that was the guy bemoaning the loss of factory jobs in his town and his working for barely minimum wage and how he's so proud he doesn't take a dime from the govt for welfare and don't you know his ancestors use to be rich but lost everything and were run out of the south because the were plantation slave owners

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

pick has the forum’s worst case of richwhiteladyitis now that slashie/tb ate a perma. it’s funny to imagine her pounding on the glass doors of the thread though, The Graduate-style

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

DemoneeHo posted:

I'm sure even the anal vore guy who "came out" as an anal voreist and commissioned art of him anally voreing his hole family regrets telling people about it and wishes to keep that information plugged up.

Who am i kidding, he's probably standing on a street corner with a megaphone and telling everyone who passes him

WHAT

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

vore, but for the rear end

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Sometimes you eat the rear end; other times, well...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Do not stare long into the rear end lest you be consumed by it

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Why does lawyer mom even bother pretending to have a contract when one party can amend it at any time and for any reason?

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Does someone have the six-flags girl post? That one is my favourite

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Apprentice Dick posted:

Do you not know the guy who slept under a truck instead in a tent with her lore?

No. I only know about her holding wheelchair guy captive and stabbing her head, but I only know that from the old MS paint thread.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
r/relationships: do you know Pick lore?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

cumshitter posted:

Why does lawyer mom even bother pretending to have a contract when one party can amend it at any time and for any reason?

When I was in college, I watched a ton of people try roomate contacts and have them fall apart. They're the stupidest loving thing. What really makes me laugh, though, is the buried part where the roommate is paying for herself but the parents are paying for contract girl.

Also, I'm outstandingly suspcious of anyone who says "I'll pay the rent, just pay me back" unless we're super close friends.

The only post I could find is a bad screencap, but it's a classic. TL;DR is basically dude invites his entire family two generations in each direction to his house and shows them his collection of butt vore, including images he commisioned of each person anal voring him.

It's very much one of those "Fetish people trying to pretend their fetishes are the same level as LGBTQ+" kinda things.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I got it assbackwards, the art is of his family butt voreing him

When you gaze into the rear end, the rear end ga- oh damnit, someone beat me to Nietzche rear end quote

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

As Sherlock has his Moriarty I have found the pure concentrated essence of anti-Pete.

Also presumably the pope and an antipope are dating because there is some mutual excommunication too. Also, I would warn that as the sainted Pete is succinct and direct the anti-Pete thinks he is John Galt.

Me [33M] and my ex [26F] have violently excommunicated each other days before rekindling and I'm crushed. Was it the right choice? Was I a victim in an abusive relationship? HELP!

Hey, everyone. This is only my second time posting on here and I do so because I'm hoping I can find at least some form of release or closure to what was an incredibly tumultuous relationship.

I guess I'll start at the very beginning. And I'm going to try and be as unbiased as possible, listing incidents of my own failings as well as my ex's. This is going to be very long.

I met my now ex-girlfriend, who we'll call Jennifer (and who might be reading this right now), nearly 2.5 years ago. When we met it was just supposed to be a hookup on craigslist. The first night we had together was, to be frank, illuminating. Even though it started as just a random sex, the way in which we connected during that night felt so right and so incredible that I really do believe it was true love. We continued to see each other for sex but I took her out to dinner, we hung out and talked, and eventually after a couple of weeks I asked her to be my girlfriend, which she joyously and enthusiastically accepted. Jennifer was pretty much my dream girl: sexy, funny, smart, incredibly sweet and thoughtful, and with a ridiculously high sex-drive. And on top of that our interests, opinions, and humor were all very much on the same page. We very quickly began calling each other "our person" because we felt that we were literally made for each other.

However, around this time behavior started cropping up that made me suspicious of her. She had continually referred to how much better a person I was than her ex-boyfriend. When I visited her place for the first time, there was a note on her fridge about how great Jennifer was and it was "Love, Carlos". At this point in time, I didn't know the person we'll call Carlos was her ex-boyfriend. I learned his name when he called her phone at one point, it popped up on her screen, and she said, "Ugh, it's my ex." I started noticing Jennifer would take her phone with her every time she went to the bathroom and, in addition to this, at one point I had given her flowers that she placed on her kitchen table. On a subsequent visit, they had vanished and when I asked where they were, her response was, "Oh, I was cleaning and I put them in the closet," after which she proceeded to retrieve them. All of these things made me suspicious and culminated in my checking her phone one night and finding text messages to Carlos calling him things like "handsome boyfriend", which were pet names she also used on me. I confronted her on it, admitting that I felt guilty about looking at her phone without permission, and she admitted that she had been cheating on Carlos with me and expected me to dump her right then and there, going on to say what a horrible person she was. I told her she wasn't horrible and that she needed to break up with him.

What followed was her supposedly breaking up with him, his attempts to spend time with her, and events that I found incredibly suspicious to the point of checking on her phone for evidence again or experiencing anxiety-riddled panic attacks (my fear of losing Jennifer was immense).

Here are some examples:

- After spending lots of time at Jennifer's place and spending the night, I had taken to keeping toiletries there and had created lots of artwork for her, which she displayed on her frontmost sliding closet door. She also had a picture of me in a mail-receptacle in her kitchen. She had also allowed me to have a key to her place. On her birthday, a day that we were not planning to hang out due to her job and school schedule, I figured I'd surprise her by leaving her gifts on her kitchen table and then heading home. When I got to her place, though, my picture had been taken out of the receptacle and hidden behind it, my artwork relocated to the backmost sliding closet door with the frontmost door in front of them, and all of my toiletries hidden away. I freaked out and called her at work and she told me she'd come talk to me and said that she wanted her place to feel like "her place" again and was worried about how much of my stuff was around: she just needed a little breathing room. She scolded me for coming into her place without her permission and said she didn't want it to happen again because it felt like such a violation of privacy. We went to bed but I couldn't sleep and in checking her phone found a sent e-mail to Carlos saying that she couldn't hang out tonight, sent during the time in which she was walking home. She told me that she wasn't going to hang out with him anyway and that my chance being there had no bearing on it.

- A show that Jennifer and I had planned to go to was also one of Carlos' favorite bands and we decided together that we would not go, despite having tickets. On the same night of the show, Jennifer told me she had a dinner with her professor and the other T.A.'s in her class, so we couldn't spend the night together anyway. After seeing that recently on her Spotify it had said she was listening to the same band, and already paranoid about her potentially going to the show with Carlos, I ended up frantically calling her during the time that would have been the dinner she was having, without getting any response. Eventually she called me back and scolded me saying that this wasn't acceptable behavior. When asking later if she had gone to the show, she said she hadn't.

- At one point, after it had been established that contact with Carlos had ceased, were spending a morning together, and Jennifer said that she had to go home around lunch to work on homework. While shopping, I glanced over her shoulder to see that she was texting Carlos to let him know she'd be home in about an hour and a half. I confronted her with this, at which point she got completely silent and said she didn't want to talk about it, eventually breaking down and saying she'd been spending time with him again and she had felt like she cheated on me. Again, said she would just leave and I told her that I didn't want her to go.

- Jennifer said one night that she was going to be studying and working on her computer and whenever she was working she would usually log on to Steam where we would just lightly chat back and forth. After a considerable amount of time after I thought she should be home and didn't show up on Steam, I had an anxiety attack and ended up driving to her place to see her pulling up in her car. She said that had just gone to pick up snacks from the market, which she did have in her car, and I apologized for freaking out and was scolded but she didn't mind that I spend the night.

Suffice to say by this point I was incredibly paranoid about anything Jennifer was doing on her phone and the compulsion to check it or her calendar in her place where she wrote down dates, or anything else when she was not near it was high, as well as being incredibly anxious when we weren't together. For Christmas, Jennifer said she was going home out of state for the holidays and while driving me to my condo (and leaving for her hometown) her phone rang listing Carlos' number. I told her that I thought she blocked him and she said she didn't pick up his calls. This discussion was quickly ended as she left for the holidays, leaving me feeling very worried about the situation. Later on a phone call, she suggested that we take a break and we ended up not having heavy communication over the course of Christmas and the new year (due partially to her phone having problems). Later it was confirmed by Jennifer that she only spent Christmas at home and was back at her place during New Year's but did not tell me. On her return we were very happy to see each other again and culminated it with lots of sex. Things were smooth for several weeks until Jennifer became pregnant. Leading up to Christmas, she had grown frustrated with her recurring skin problems and believe they were caused by her birth control. She resolved to switch and during the interim she enjoyed "dangerous sex" with me, which I protested a few times due to fear of pregnancy. According to the our calculations, conception would've been on the night she and I had reunited.

During this time Jennifer asked me to indulge her in the fantasy of us having a child/ both of us felt strongly that we would be good parents and did like the idea of having children one day (in fact, Jennifer was the only woman I've dated who I could look at and think, "I'd like to have children with you). My reaction to this was mostly worried and fearful and was uncertain as to whether we would be keeping it or not. Any time Jennifer would get excited over baby things, I would become worried and what gradually happened was us not talking about it very much. There was a particularly tumultuous incident in which a friend of mine, who I confided in, had asked what pregnancy was like and when I asked Jennifer about it she became insulted and upset that someone would be asking something like that when we weren't keeping it. I was surprised because I was still uncertain if we were and I think that Jennifer knew we weren't keeping it but wanted to hold on to the fantasy for a little while. Meanwhile, I was unresponsive and not supportive, and left pretty much everything up to her. She did schedule to have an abortion and I asked if she wanted me to come with her, which she refused. She said her mother was coming out to go with her. Feeling left out of the situation, it did not hit me very hard and it didn't really register to me what Jennifer had no gone through. This caused intense sadness between us, coupled with her own sadness over the decision to abort.

We came out of things starting to feel better and had planned a trip to her hometown to go to the zoo and a renaissance fair, just as a little "us" vacation, which we were going to take in late February (if I remember correctly). However, on Valentine's Day, which we were not going to spend the evening together (something that I actually do not remember agreeing upon but which Jennifer said we had), she left for class while I tidied up the bed and such. I looked at her calendar for March which listed a trip to Hawaii during spring break. This was odd to me because she hadn't mentioned such a trip but I wondered if maybe she was going with her father (they had gone to Italy together before so it didn't seem out of place). However, while tidying, I noticed a slip of paper sticking oddly out of boxes in her closet. I investigated it and it turned out to be a ticket to Hawaii, listing her name and Carlos'. I flew into a rage, packed up my clothes and all of my things and later over the phone angrily told Jennifer that I didn't deserve this sort of treatment, which she agreed. She swore that Carlos gave it to her as a Christmas gift and that she wasn't going to go. What followed was a soft breakup, in which she apologized profusely and said she was so sad because she knew she wasn't good enough to keep someone as amazing as me. In a letter that she wrote me later, she asked if we could still go on our zoo trip, even if it marked the end of our relationship. I agreed.

The trip was tense as my mindset was not good but we tried to have a good time. Leading up to around the time the Hawaii trip would have been, Jennifer spent a lot of time going back to her hometown. One night, before leaving, we saw a concert together and, as always, I held her ID. I dropped her off at home and then headed home myself, knowing she would be leaving for the weekend but forgetting I had her driver's license. The weekend passed normally and on the returning Monday I tried multiple times to contact her but did not receive responses. Worried, I detoured to her place to find her car parked there, with a box of boots of some kind, an airplane pillow, and a scuba diving book in the backseat. I knocked on her door but found no answer, and repeatedly called her phone. Eventually she picked up, and I asked where she was, to which she replied that she was driving back to her place from her hometown. I mentioned that her car was at her place and she said she had a rental. I questioned how she rented a car without a driver's license and she said she had no idea: they just let her. I also mentioned the items in her car, which she got angry about and said we could talk about it later.

That night a heated discussion about her going to Hawaii ensued, in which multiple times she insisted she was not going. Before entering her place, I checked her car again and the boot box had been rotated so that I could clearly read "dive boots". She said that she had moved the box to see if I would snoop in her car again, and said that kind of behavior wasn't acceptable. I asked for proof about her not going to Hawaii and why she had all these items and she claimed that she had picked them up because I had been playing scuba-diving games lately and that we might want to try scuba diving. Unconvinced, I asked to see her phone. She refused. I also asked when it was she was supposed to go to Hawaii and she said she didn't even remember: she had thrown her calendar away. Later, I found the calendar under her sofa. I pushed over and over again to see her phone and she refused over and over. I finally stated that I couldn't deal with this and that we couldn't continue.

The next day she came over to my place and we broke up. In recounting it later, Jennifer states that I broke up with her, though my memory is a lot of her telling me that I'd be okay and find someone better than her. I spent more time crying than she did if I remember correctly. She then left. The next day she texted me saying her therapist was out of town and she missed me. I told her that right now it probably was better if we didn't talk. The week that her Hawaii trip would have been began and we didn't speak.
I began posting on craiglist again and was surprised to get an e-mail in response to it from Jennifer, saying that she was sorry about everything and that I'd find an amazing person better than her and one day I'd forget about her and that it was for the best. I responded telling her how much I missed her (which I did) and decided to spend some time together. I went over to her place after work and found black sand in her tub, a boar's skull on her dresser, and a volcanic rock fragment in her kitchen. I asked why all these things were here and she said she had gone camping with her brother in Flagstaff over spring break. This turned into another push to see her phone, as she insisted she didn't go to Hawaii, even showing me her phone's call log to show that she had received calls from Hawaii from Carlos, reasoning why would she be getting calls from Hawaii if she was there? At one point, she held my face and looked into my eyes and told me, "Look at me. I did not go to Hawaii!" I still didn't believe her and she finally relented in letting me see her phone, at which point she hid under her bed covers. She had gone to Hawaii. She begged and pleaded with me not to leave while crying and I told her that I was leaving. She called me while I drove home and I said I didn't want to talk about it anymore because I was exhausted. We ended up agreeing we needed a break from each other so that she could improve herself.

During that time I was somewhat actively searching for other girls and not getting very far with it. After about a month, Jennifer and I started talking again and very slowly began seeing each other more. Eventually, we fell back into our relationship and things seemed to finally be going smoothly.

After this she started getting harassed more and more by Carlos but Jennifer was very open about it, having admitted she had an awful time with him, that I could look at her phone, e-mail, whatever, at any time I wanted. We dealt with his increasing persistence together (which included him logging into some of her things without permission). Eventually he seemed to stop and things went pretty well. Jennifer and I went to Las Vegas for a festival but around this time I started feeling more and more saddened by us, like something had been lost that I couldn't get back. I broke down and cried multiple times during the trip and was moody a lot of the time. We also ended up taking a trip to her parents' place in Canada, which was a delightful trip in all respects except for the same moodiness that seemed to start consuming me. It always came back to the Hawaii trip and that Jennifer had treated me in such a way and lied to me, which she apologized for profusely.

I mostly remember being sad and moody during that time period and nothing unfortunate really happened between Jennifer and me. We began talking about living together, as well as seeing a couples' therapist. I was excited to think we would be living together but then after talking with my mother about it turned very worried. Jennifer stated that she couldn't deal with waffling like this for such a big thing and that I needed to be straight with her about it because moving in with me would mean losing her place entirely (I own, she rents). We decided to move in together and I thought it would help the moodiness and increasing sadness.

Unfortunately, it didn't. Though living together was very much a breeze, barring some ridiculous arguments over my couch, we really got along very well in a small place together. We enjoyed each other's company so much that we never felt in each other's way. However, I would look at her and have an internal struggle, feeling like the love that I had for her had been diminished by the Hawaii incident. Therapy was not as much help for us as we had hoped, though this was due in part to me dominating the conversations with my moodiness. I would have meltdowns over what had happened (which Jennifer posted about on here, actually) and it would scare Jennifer that she was going to lose me and her new home. I became frigid and unaffectionate, especially when she got the flu after Christmas.

After six months of living together, and without any real warning, I broke up with Jennifer during counselling, citing that I felt like I was trying to force something that wasn't there. Jennifer later said she felt like a pound puppy and feels like she's just getting passed over and not being loved. She very quickly moved out and went back to her hometown in early January 2019.

The months that followed I felt somewhat relieved but saddened by everything as well. I ended up finding her reddit post here about my meltdowns and in her description of things, everything involving the Hawaii trip or her hiding things was left out, citing it only as "difficulty in handling her stalker ex". She mentioned that she felt gutted and gave up everything for me and I agree with her points about her doing all the cooking and cleaning and trying to be the best she could be for me while I was moody and unresponsive. It was around this time I started periodically checking her reddit posts, as a sort of check up to see how she was doing. I knew that she had a new boyfriend because a post about his comments on her body was made, which saddened me but I figured it was what it was. The checking of her posts continued until today.

There was minimal transactional contact between Jennifer and I over unpaid bills and such that we were taking care of. Eventually she called me to talk about how things were going and said she was going to be out my way because she had to continue orthodontic work that started in my town. After not seeing her for several months, seeing her again sent a wave of emotions through me and I had a breakdown, crying, wishing I'd been stronger, wishing I had her back. She confessed to almost getting into bed with me (she slept on my couch) to comfort me but thought better of it because she "might molester me". When she went back to her hometown, I was a wreck, calling her and crying and wanting to try again. I resolved to go to therapy, which I had refused to do when we lived together, and wanted to be a better person for her.

As the months and therapy went by, as well as starting a regular exercise regiment, I began to feel stronger. Jennifer and I would periodically talk on the phone but agreed that it be best if our contact was sparse. Eventually, several months ago, Jennifer said she'd be out again for more orthodontics and we could have dinner and she could spend the night, which I also wanted to use as an opportunity to tell her about the growth I'd made and the realizations about our relationship I'd had.

It was a delightful time, with somewhat flirtatious behavior but nothing further than friendly shoves and raunchy jokes. When bedtime rolled around, I began to get the couch ready for her, to which she noted that she could always just sleep in my bed. This was unexpected and we agreed. No sex was initiated or even cuddling, though she said at one point during the night my arm was around her and when I woke up in the morning her arm was around me. The next day and night were basically the same, more heart-to-heart talking that included me asking if she wanted to try again. She said she did but she didn't know how it was possible right now and talked about not doing anything risqué because she would be leaving soon and didn't want it to be a "pump and dump" situation. When we went to bed we snuggled. The next morning I attempted to kiss her, which she softly rejected and I apologized. I asked what we were to do and she said she could look for places out here, even though I told her that she shouldn't uproot herself for me again. I had to go to work and she said she would leave the key under the mat and we hugged and I got teary-eyed over her leaving. When I came home my place smelled like her and it was incredibly difficult to take not having her there.

Several weeks later we talked again and I asked if she was seeing anyone when she was out here last, given her behavior, and she said she hadn't been and wasn't now. We talked some more just about things in general and that was that for a little while.

Two weeks ago Jennifer texted me asking if I could talk. I said I could and she confessed to missing me terribly, that it was so good to hear my voice, and that she would like to come visit me just to see me. I told her I missed her too and I would love for her to come visit for a weekend (which would've been this weekend).

Leading up to this I was giddy and excited, thinking that we might actually be starting over and make things work this time. In eagerness I was looking at her reddit posts, which had felt like a way of being connected to her when we weren't talking, and it was mostly about her eating habits and exercise (which are all things that she has had trouble with), as well as complaints about certain things that she had talked to me about.

This past Tuesday, I had just talked with her about what we could do while she was here and I got in bed, excited for Friday to come. I looked through some of her posts and found one that, at the time, was marked four days ago. It featured the text "My boyfriend spent the night with me and we had a snuggly morning :) it delayed my day but was so worth it!" My stomach fell through the floor and my anxiety went through the roof. I called my therapist and we talked about how I would approach this and I simply said that either way the trip would probably be canceled. I handled it far better than I have ever handled things like this before. It was late at night, so when I texted Jennifer I just asked if we could talk in the morning.

Wednesday morning I talked to Jennifer about it. When I mentioned that I had been looking at her reddit since we broke up and then mentioned the posts about her eating disorder she said, "Wait...what?" She went on to tell me that she hasn't posted to reddit since we broke up and was reviewing these posts (that go back as far as five months) saying that "I never posted these". I brought up the post that worried me the most and she said, "Well I didn't post these. Someone must have hacked into my reddit account." Of the aforementioned post about her boyfriend at of three months commenting on her body, she said, "He never said anything like that." All of the posts sound exactly like her, using the same sort of language as she does when she types, and all seemed to line up with her current goals. She mentioned that her best friend, Bruce (who she never has mentioned before), is the only person she tells things like this, and that when she moved back home she rejected him when he assumed they'd start dating.

All of the posts are seeking advice and looking for motivation, and not a single one of them is slanderous or mean. Jennifer told me that she didn't like that I had been looking at her posts but she was glad I brought this to her attention and the she was going to give Bruce a talking to. She questioned why she finds all these weirdos online, to which I joked "Especially the one you met on cragislist," referring to myself to which she responded joyfully "You're the BEST weirdo!" All of this left me severely confused because I wanted to believe her but it didn't make sense that for five months someone would be posting under her username, without her noticing (she spends a lot of time on reddit), and also be essentially roleplaying as her looking for advice on her body and fitness and eating, all things she is working on. Every part of my logic brain told me that she's lied again about not being involved with someone but a part of my emotional brain was believing her.

The following day, I talked with her again. Her manner was incredibly cold and emotionless. She said that she couldn't deal with a partner who would snoop on her and keep tabs on her in the way that I had. That it's very unhealthy behavior for me to have and that she would not be coming to visit me. She asked if I ever intended to tell her I was looking at her reddit posts which I told her I intended to let her know when we started dating again and seeing a therapist: this was an honest answer from me which she did not believe. She believed that I only would have told her any time something suspicious popped up. She said she had excommunicated Bruce, who "hemmed and hawed" over whether or not he had been posting as her. She also informed me this would be the last time we spoke, as she drew the line at someone snooping on her things. I attempted to let her know that she could tell me the truth and that it was okay but she maintained that she never posted the last five months' worth of posts. I told her I wanted to believe her but I just couldn't but if I could have proof of some kind it would help. She said that her word should be proof enough. I asked if I could say some things and she said I could, mostly me expressing sadness over everything that happened because I really was so excited to see her and to try again. She said she thought it was sad too but that's life. I told her I was going to miss her, to which she simply responded, "Yeah...well...I wish you all the best. Bye."

The rest of the day was spent talking to friends and family about what had happened and dealing with the immense feeling of sadness over what had transpired. I questioned whether I was right in my assumption that she had lied about being with someone but still maintained that it just wasn't possible that she wasn't the one posting these things.

After dinner, I checked the thread (r/loseit) where she had posted the comment that involved having a boyfriend and found two new posts from a different username, both in the style of her writing. I ended up writing a long message about how dare she and how sad it was that she would rather lie than tell the truth, and that her honesty could have saved us in the long run. I also told her that she was such a disappointment to me now and that I hoped she could get over her compulsion to lie. Then I went to bed.

Sleeping was hard and around 7 AM this morning I received a text from Jennifer, informing me that she had posted those things as bait to see if I was still exhibiting the intrusive behavior and that my message to her confirmed her decision that we should never speak again. She said I had learned nothing and that I didn't realize how messed up my behavior was. I messaged her back letting her know that she's the one who hasn't learned, as her argument about a jilted best friend essentially roleplaying as her made no sense whatsoever and that her gaslighting me proved her guilt, and that I didn't need a pathological liar in my life and that she needed to leave me alone. That seems to be the last of it.

After all of this I am exhausted, empty feeling, saddened, and adrift. I cannot fathom that what she says about Bruce was reality and yet a part of me wishes so badly that it were true, though at this point there's no point. I'm sitting alone in my place wishing that she were here, because she would have been, and I missed her so much and, for better or for worse, despite my comments to her, know that I am deeply saddened that I didn't get to see her again, especially when we were both so excited. And since she was a person, or at least pretended to be a person, who I really truly thought was my one and only love.

Jennifer has since deleted all trace of the posts in the thread that contained the post about snuggling with her boyfriend (which I still have a screenshot of). However, all the other posts (which she claimed weren't hers) remain.

If you read the whole thing, congratuations! I really appreciate you taking the time for reading the soap opera that has been the past 2.5 years of my life.

Wayyyy TL;DR: My ex (who has a history of lying to me) and I violently excommunicated each other right before rekindling our relationship after I accused her of lying about being single; she accused me of being a sneak (which is "a line she won't cross" in a partner) for viewing her reddit posts that reveal she has a boyfriend, and maintains that she didn't write them but a jilted best friend did under her account, despite the posts being over the past five months, in her writing style, and all about getting advice and support and motivation for issues she is known to have.

Was I the victim of an abusive relationship? Am I right in assuming that she lied again? Was I in the right? Or am I the enemy here?
I also realize that having typed this all out that a lot of parallels present themselves that have given me further insight. But I still would really appreciate some help and support here.

Thank you all!

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

cumshitter posted:

i dont think the person that evicts people before the lease is up without being the landlord is actually a lawyer

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

I admittedly only read maybe 50-75% of the old thread but the worst Pick post I can remember was something like "having 1 million dollars still means you're poor" which honestly isn't as bad as some of the completely brain-dead takes from other posters, so free Pick

content:

AITA For telling my neighbor to stop trying to steal my loving cat?

quote:

EDIT: The point of my post has nothing to do with the fact that my cat is indoor outdoor so if that is what you are here to comment on, please move along. I have said my peace regarding her living situation at the bottom.

I rescued my cat 9 years ago when she was barely three months old and mostly feral. The only reason she came up to me was because she was starving to death. Since then she has become a bit friendlier but she is still EXTREMELY skittish around new people. I am the only person who she snuggles with and lets pet her freely. She is indoor outdoor only because runs around hunched down like loving golem producing this ungodly deep throated yowl and shedding all of her fur at once if I don’t immediately let her out the moment she asks. It’s all very dramatic. I just go with it now and make sure she’s all up to date on her shots and flea treatment and I put a neon yellow collar on her with my contact info so she is visible at night since she’s solid black. She’s also microchipped.

Last month my neighbor added me on Facebook and she posted a pic of my cat sitting in their back yard with the caption “new kitty for the family!” No big deal, I just commented and said “that’s my girl [overly dramatic golem]! So happy you guys like her and are ok with her visits :).” She never responded and has since posted more photos of her trying to lure her inside with food. I don’t mind them feeding her but I do want to make it very clear that Golem has a home so I sent her a PM basically saying “hey I am so happy you guys don’t mind my little golem coming to say hi but she really is not a fan of being inside too much and does have a home across the street that loves her very much.” She unfriended me after that.

Yesterday Golem came home with a new flea collar and the collar I had on her is gone. I got pissed and went over and told the woman that it’s nice if she feeds her and hangs out with her but Golem is my cat and I would appreciate it if she didn’t try to bring her inside or change her collar. She said her daughter (who is in high school) loves her and I am breaking her heart if I don’t let them take care of my cat. I told them there’s plenty of cats they can take care of at the humane society but they need to stop trying to loving steal mine. She shut the door on me.

Some of my family say as long as they are not hurting her it doesn’t hurt Golem to have two homes and I’m being selfish. I say it’s my goddamn cat stop trying to steal her drat it.

AITA?

EDIT: We have a massive catio that my dad made years ago that my other strictly indoor cat loves to use but Golem does not give a single poo poo about it. Also, just to make it clear why I cannot force her to be indoor only, when she got fixed we had to keep her inside for a month because of some complications and she lost 80% of her fur and a full pound of weight which for a 7 pound kitty in that short of time is a TON. It literally almost killed her. I love this cat to death and I’d do anything to keep her safe but I cannot force her to stay inside where she is so miserable her little body shuts down. Life would just not be worth living for her so I’m gonna keep doing as we have been doing for the last 9 years and do the absolute best I can to keep her safe under the circumstances. I figure whatever life I can help her have is better than the 3 months she would have lived without me.

EDIT 2: you guys are lovely but AGAIN Golems living situation is NOT going to be changing. I’ve had her for 9 years. In that time I have talked to multiple vets about how I can keep her inside. We have tried every pheromone spray in existence. I even bought this weird plugin thing that buzzed and is supposed to soothe cats. My dad spent hundreds of dollars building a catio palace for her. We hired a guy to come try to train her. NONE OF IT loving WORKS. I know you guys are well meaning BUT HER LIVING SITUATION IS NOT THE POINT OF THE POST. Please just tell me if I’m an rear end for cussing this lady out or not.

And for fucks sake yes she’s microchipped.

FINAL EDIT: so since I’m now getting private messages that I should legitimately die because I have an outdoor cat and that I am a “piece of loving poo poo” owner who just doesn’t want to put a little extra effort into making her cat indoors, I will include a response I also included on a comment down below:

Did you read my post and everything that I’ve tried? Take that times like 50. You think I tried once and then gave up? No. You don’t know all the details of what I’ve tried to get this cat to stay indoors because there’s too many details to post. I have been trying for YEARS. I stopped actively trying (still trying just not to such a high degree) to get her to stay inside two years ago. To make it clear that’s after 7 FULL YEARS of fighting every single day to make her stay inside where I know she is safe because I love the loving poo poo out of her. Seriously I know you guys mean well but drat I think I know how to take care of my own loving cat and what’s best for her. She physically cannot stay inside. She is still a partially feral cat. It’s either let her be indoor outdoor or put her down because she will only suffer until she starves to death if I force her to stay inside. I choose to let her live and do my best to keep her safe with the knowledge that one day she may not come home. It breaks my heart but it is a better life than none at all.

FormaldehydeSon fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 13, 2020

Old Woman Island
Feb 21, 2011

This thread is already back to being about Pick instead of reddit and she isnt even here to poo poo it up. Keep her banned please.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

So is this also a thread to post about goon train wrecks or what?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Barudak posted:

As a personal favor unless we decide to let pick run wild and free in this new thread please consider it still under the previous rules of a no-pick zone including discussion.

Please can we enforce this

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I;m thinking about thos Picks.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Ziv Zulander posted:

Please can we enforce this

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The anal vore story is just such a master class of vicarious embarrassment, it's basically mythic in that it doesn't matter whether it's true or not because it speaks to deeper truths about the human condition

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

24m can't stop lying to my wife (24f)

quote:

So I've been in a committed relationship with my wife for three years now. We have 3 children together. Though I've always been faithful and am a (I think) good father, I just can't stop lying.

I lie about stupid things just to avoid uncomfortable situations. I lie at work, at home, to my family, to my friends. I honestly don't really know why. Most of the time, the lies aren't even necessarily better than the truth.

I lied about some much larger issues at the start of our relationship, and over these three years have very, very slowly started to build trust again.

But here is the thing. Today I lied about something big, it doesn't really matter what. But the thing is, when my wife asked if maybe the kids did it, I didn't object. And then she caught me in the lie.

I don't loving know why I did it. It's like I dug a hole and just kept digging. I feel horrible about it and of course I expressed that to my wife but she has basically lost all faith in me.

I asked her if it would help if I went to a 12 step program, or therapy. She said she wasn't even sure she cared enough to take those steps, and that she'd think about it.

What do I do? Am I going to lose my family? I want to stop but I just don't know how.

TL;DR- I lie so much. What can I do? Should my wife forgive me?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Xenocides posted:

A whole bunch of poo poo nobody will ever read

Bold poo poo or don't post novels tia

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Poasty posted:

Does someone have the six-flags girl post? That one is my favourite

quote:

My [22F] boyfriend [23M] hates my clothes.

Together for 3 years. So when I first met my boyfriend, I wasn't really into fashion and I generally just wore jeans, T-shirts, sweaters (not that they looked bad, but they weren't really "me.") I started reading the FFA sub (used throwaway bc he knows my real username) several years ago and got way more into fashion.

Now this means that physically, I look really different than I did when I met my bf. My hair used to natural and collarbone length, now it's very short (pixie I guess)? My body doesn't look any different but I definitely dress it differently. I like to wear colorful bow-ties with suspenders (I call it "Six Flag Old Man style" haha) and I also have a fuzzy bucket hat that I sometimes pair with it. Generally if something is deliberately "unflattering" and stands out, I want to wear it. I know it looks weird, that's the point, but it's me and it's what I feel good in. My style is basically over-the-top colorful little old British man haha...i wear lots boxy menswear in vibrant colors with deliberately weird hats and accessories and Dad sneakers.

Anyway, my bf doesn't say anything about my clothes unless I ask him, but recently when we were going on a date night I wore this outfit that was like a vintage 90s print vest, bright trousers, and button down shirt with Dad sneakers (I posted a pic on another sub where I asked this question but I can't link here). I asked him what he thought of the outfit. And he said "Honestly, I'm not really a fan of it."

Now, I know I asked him, but if he loves me, how can he "not be a fan" of something that makes me happy? I probed a little deeper and asked him how he felt about my other clothes and he admitted that he loved me regardless of how I dressed/looked, but he preferred my hair longer and preferred my old way of dressing.

Obviously we didn't go to dinner that night. He still wanted to, but I just wanted to sit in bed. I didn't even want to look at him.

Now obviously he's allowed to have preferences- but I'm not a stranger, I'm his girlfriend. It feels borderline controlling to tell me he's "not a fan" of my style. Because what am I supposed to do? I'm obviously going to keep dressing this way so I have to think about in the back of my mind that he doesn't like it. awesome.

I don't even want to look at him now. He should have just told me he liked it. And more than that, he should have actually liked it because if he likes me, he should like anything that makes me happy.

I told my mom about the situation and she says that she agrees with him, she also isn't a fan of my style, that I can still dress this way if I want but that I can't expect everyone to like it. And that's fine, my mom doesn't have to like it. But a SO should definitely like it, or at least pretend to.

Am I overreacting?

TLDR: Boyfriend being controlling about my clothes, not sure if I am overreacting

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

FormaldehydeSon posted:

AITA For telling my neighbor to stop trying to steal my loving cat?

if you have a semi-feral outdoor cat, you don't really have a cat

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I'm going to repost my favorite open relationship story from the previous thread. Behold the platonic ideal of opening the relationship

My(20m) gf(24f) wanted an open relationship and is now mad at me and wants it closed.

quote:

So, me and my gf started dating roughly a year ago. It's a grey spot as to when we really started dating or I'd give an exact date.

So, three months ago, my gf comes to tell me she'd like to have an open relationship, experiment a little, etc. She's only slept with one guy before me, she wants to know what's out there, yatta yatta. Yeah, I was hurt, I expressed that I wasn't super keen on it, but she insisted. I figured she probably has someone lined up, and it's not like I plan to marry this girl, so whatever. Be free.

I lamented for a few days until my ex messaged me. She wanted to meet up, get some closure, cool beans. We go out, we talk a bit, she just got out of a relationship and I explain I'm apparently in an open one. She gave me a semi-pained look because she (and my gf) are aware of how much I value monogamy. We stayed and talked for a few more hours, I went to her place things almost got intimate and I stopped her until she mentioned it was an open relationship now. I nodded and didn't really not want sex, so we did it.

It really restored my confidence and helped me start to get into the open relationship thing. I'm a bi top so I ended up reinstalling grindr and haven't had a night where I can't find somethibg or someone to do. My gf and I occasionally had sex, and we still spoke to each other and stuff, but I never really mentioned who or how many people I was sleeping with. Afterall, she said this was about freedom, and I feel free as a bird. I still get to experience emotional comfort, affection, etc. With my gf and try new things and meet new people.

About two months ago I stopped feeling so depressed all the time and I started to work out more since one of the guys I've been sleeping with is really into yoga and cardio and asked if I'd like to get into it. I've lost a little over 20lb since and I'm still overweight but I physically feel much better.

Today, my gf shes really happy about the way things are and I couldn't have agreed more. I gave her a kiss and got up to go meet up with a girl my ex introduced me to. She really sweet, cute, overall a very fun person. The only other girl I've slept with since this started was my ex. I learned today I'm into a new kink and left after it was over. I walk into the house and gf is all over me. I start to undress, she start to give me head and stops 3 seconds in and asks me where I'd just been. I explain what happened and she gets up and tells me when need to talk.

I get dressed, sit on the couch with her, and she asks me if I've been sleeping with other people. I was like, yeah no poo poo it's an open relationship. She asked how many and I said I wasn't keeping track. Apparently that's the wrong loving answer because she burst into tears. She's only slept with two other dudes and it was just so she knew what her options were. I explained that she was free to do that and during that time I explored my options as well. She asked how many women I'd slept with. I said 2. She got mad and started screaming at me as to how I could lose count at two. I probably should have shut up right then and there, but instead I said, "Because I'd have to add the dudes in."

She went to the bedroom and cried for a while. About an hour ago she came out and demanded I: close the relationship, never speak to anyone I've been sleeping with again, and never talk about it again or she'd leave me.

????? I genuinely don't understand what she expected. She knew I was bi when we were just friends of friends. Why does it matter who I sleep with? I was genuinely enjoying being free like she told me to and I assumed she was too. It's not like I slept with her friends or anything, it was mostly dudes. And as much as I enjoy her companionship, I like the freedom this entails and I like having someone to work out with. I like learning about what I enjoy sexually. I'm having fun the EXACT way she asked me to. It's not like she wasn't sleeping with those guys frequently, so I don't get why she's upset. Why is what I did not okay?

UPDATE: My(20m) gf(24f) wanted an open relationship and is now mad at me and wants it closed.

quote:

So, she came home at 12am to tell me she'd completed her "last hurrah" and was ready to talk. When I asked her what she meant she stated she slept with someone else for the last time and she was willing to call things even. She restated the terms, meaning I'd lose my workout buddy, the sweet girl I met today, my ex who cheered me up, and a few other dudes who I now speak to casually who I've slept with. I said I wasn't sure and I had some questions for her and she was willing to at least talk about things. I asked her if the two men she'd slept with she'd lined up before and she said yes. She admitted she found them more physically attractive than me and that was her motivation for it, that she, "didn't want to live life never knowing what it's like." When I asked her what she meant, she meant sleeping with someone who was fit. I was a little hurt, but I knew she wasn't really "wrong" so to speak. I'm not fit, it's something I'm working on, but I'm a little upset that her motivation had nothing to do with exploration and freedom outside of visuals. That it wasn't the sex but my body. That it wasn't even my personality, but the way I look and how much I weigh. I'd like to take a second and point out I actually weigh less than her overall. I'm 6'2" and 255lb and she's 5'3" 305lb. I've never had an issue with her weight, even the things that we couldn't do as a result didn't bother me.

She admitted she didn't think I could, and I quote, "con anyone into sleeping with you". She went on to say she doesn't understand how someone would want only to sleep with me and not the emotional stuff. I won't lie, I got mad, and I said some mean and vindictive things to hurt her because I felt hurt. I shouldn't have lost my cool and I did. I've posted the mean things she's said, so I don't feel it's right for me not to admit what I said. I told asked her how she managed to get these guys to sleep with her more than once and that lying down like the beached whale she was and gargling on her own spit was far from my ideal sexual partner but I never decided I'd rather gently caress someone else because of it. Apparently it hit too close to home because one of the guys would't talk to her anymore and the other dude told her she needed to be more proactive in bed. She called me a human being and I told at least men want me to gently caress them and she started to crying. We yelled at each other for a while until it turned into me yelling at her while she cried until I left.

I realized how much more hurt I was about the whole open relationship thing and really unloaded on her. A lot of you liked to point out that I didn't plan to marry her, I want to remind you all this was 9 months into a relationship at 20 years old that I said yes. I'm not the brightest, but I don't think normally 20 year old men are planning to marry someone that early on when I don't have any real money or my own house and my car is a beater. I genuinely cared about her and before this I was planning to get an apartment with her. I'd saved up money and took her somewhere nice every month despite not having a lot of money. I'd participated in the relationship in ways I'd never felt compelled to before until she asked for an open relationship. I stayed up the first night alone crying because she didn't come home and she had the dude pick her up from her place while I was over and asked me to watch her place while she was gone. I kept thinking about if she got pregnant with someone else's kid and it tore me up. I didn't even feel like a man anymore. I said the next few days my ex messaged me, but when I look over the text and call logs it was two full weeks of me just going to work, coming home, and going to bed. I was hurt that my ex noticed how broken I was over this and that my girlfriend had bragged about how much fun she'd had her first night. It was a deep visceral pain that I buried with sex and I was so drat mad she had the audacity to be hurt over it. How dare she hurt me like that and then get mad at me for just to regain my confidence and make the best of things. I was furious, and it all spilled out at once.

I'm home, my roommate is home and he's making some cake and tea for us to eat and talk because I'm a mess right now. My workout buddy is coming over and offered to sleep (like, cuddling, not sex) with me tonight because he knows how much I was hurt about this. He's actually pulling in the drive way right now.

I'll try to respond to comments but I don't know how much longer we'll be up.

Tl;Dr We had a nasty breakup and I'm safe and at home with people.

Edit: I get she's my ex and all, but you guys really don't have to insult her weight. It was poor mannered of me to take that jab at her and it's not very kind. Although I don't think being overweight should be glorified (or normalized for that matter), but it's not very nice. Call people out for the things they say and the way they behave, not their appearance.

Edit 2: "he slept with 2 girls and some men from grindr. Obviously he's an incel" I think the word you're looking for is slut. I have low standards for looks and I offer to supply the weed in hookups, I could be 700lb and smell like anchovies and people would show up. Plus I offer to cook food for people and make breakfast for them if they spend the night, like I'm doing rn for workout bro since he has work in a few hours.

Final Edit: I love you all, except for that dude who told me my life will be an eternal hell for my sins and debauchery or something like that. I'm going to take a nap since I woke up to make gymbro food after like 2 hours of sleep. He'll be coming over later today to hang out. I'm much better but still very tired. Muah, be safe and use rubbers!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

24m can't stop lying to my wife (24f)

"I lied about something big, it doesn't matter what"

When you ask a bunch of strangers for a judgement ruling it actually does matter jackass. A gambling addiction or slip up and lie is going to be regarded a lot differently then if you've been secretly seeing your lover on the side and want to claim you have a sex addiction problem.

DemoneeHo posted:

I'm going to repost my favorite open relationship story from the previous thread. Behold the platonic ideal of opening the relationship

My(20m) gf(24f) wanted an open relationship and is now mad at me and wants it closed.

UPDATE: My(20m) gf(24f) wanted an open relationship and is now mad at me and wants it closed.

No one ever proposes opening a relationship unless they expect to be the major beneficiary of the arrangement.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 13, 2020

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

luxury handset posted:

if you have a semi-feral outdoor cat, you don't really have a cat

Lol that the cat cares so little about this person that it just became part of another family no problem

edit: "I treated this cat that has proven it doesn't want to live in my home well and now it lives in someone else's home!! WTF IT SHOULD NOT HAVE A HOME"

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
I know my GF is a prostitute. Now what?

quote:

I’m 49 and got divorced a few years ago and recently starting dating again. I joined a few dating sites and connected with a very attractive woman [40] and while very pleased, immediately recognized her.

She was a prostitute. I know because I had visited her many years ago (12). But it’s definitely her.

She doesn’t remember me. She still owns the location she used, but has since stripped all reviews and mentions of her anywhere online. I don’t think she is still doing it but don’t know for sure.

Here’s the deal. She was ok as an escort. She’s fabulous as a person. Warm, funny, sexy. I fell for her and am still.

I don’t really care what a person does for a living but want to get some advice on what do I do now? I don’t think I should bring it up. I like her and she likes me. I’m inclined to just let things play out. And mention it to anyone? I don’t think so.

Any advice?

tl;dr I [49] know my girlfriend [40] is a prostitute. Now what? Need advice on how to handle.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
AITA for trying to sell my sandwich recipe to various deli's in my town?

Deleted for "lack of interpersonal conflict" but gently caress it, it's so good.

quote:

Recently I came up with what I think is a very delicious and innovative sandwich recipe. The ingredients compliment each other beautifully even though the combination is unique.

I came up with a basic business idea to generate some extra money from this sandwich. The city I live in has a lot of deli's, old school kind of places and also newer "hipster" kind of places and everything in between. I have been approaching the managers at these deli's with the following proposal:

For a one-time fee of $50 I will sell them the recipe and also conduct a training session for their staff on how to properly make the sandwich and also to educate them on the themes present in the sandwich. Then, I will take a 20% cut of the the price for each sandwich sold. (So let's say just 1 deli took my deal, and they charged $10 for my sandwich, and they only sold 10 of them per day. I'd make $140 per week ($190 the first week with my fee) and basically $560 per month. From ONE place. But to be honest I have faith my sandwich would probably sell around 40-50 per day given the volume of customers and the quality of my sandwich, so you do the math. Plus I'd be having more than one deli sell it...ka-ching!)

I have approached 11 deli managers so far and every one so far has said no, and a few of them have even acted weird or even rude to me on the matter. Twice I got into a slight argument based on the interaction. They don't seem to understand the value of my sandwich, I think maybe many of them are too proud to take on a recipe from an outsider, but I feel I am being reasonable.

When I explained to my friends what I am doing and that I intend to keep approaching deli's on this matter, many of them claimed I was being an rear end in a top hat by doing this. They think it is rude basically to ask a deli to sell my recipe and that I shouldn't fight for my dreams. I think my terms are generous and I am really only helping these deli's if they would only open their minds, if they sold my sandwich their profits would grow measurably even after I take my cut. Is it really that rude to try to sell my recipe? My friends are threatening to not go to lunch with me anymore because I have promised them I will try to sell my recipe when we do so, but all I am doing is trying to hustle. This has caused interpersonal conflict because I defend my dreams with passion, which leads to my friends accusing me of overreacting. (And yes I am passionate when I try to sway deli managers too, I even cried once, but it is with their own interest in mind not just my own.)

AITA?

quote:

20% per sandwich?

Yeah get the gently caress out.

If it's so amazing, open your own shop and do the work.

OP posted:

Maybe I am not explaining something correctly, but the clever part of my business plan is that with this method I do not have to expend any funds on things like location rental, employee wages, supplies, etc. Yes if I opened a shop I could charge more for the sandwich, but those expenses would eat into it.

With my business model I am basically selling my expertise and recipe (an intellectual property) and I do not have to make any expenses at all. My 20% might be a low fee, but it is pure profit with no deductions at all. In the end it adds up to a very nice income, particularly after I sign up a few deli's.

Now, keep in mind this is advantageous to the deli as well, this helps them. They keep 80% of the profit and they get increased customers as word of mouth spreads about their new sandwich. I am driving business to them they otherwise would not have. The income I drive to them would more than cover the extra ingredients they have to buy.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for refusing to give my little sister our mother's hair pin for her wedding?

I (31F) am the oldest of four sisters (30, 28, 25). My middle sisters both married before me, and I got married last May. At each of our weddings, our "something old" was a flower-shaped hair pin that belonged to our mom. Our mom passed away when we were teens, so having that pin was a way for each of us to include her memory in our special days. Since I got married most recently, I have the pin at my apartment.

Last week, my youngest sister announced her engagement in our family group chat, then texted me to ask that I send her the pin.

Here's the thing. All my sisters were my bridesmaids, along with some friends. At my bachelorette party, after my friends had left, my sisters and I stayed up, a little drunk and feeling very deep in that post-party kind of way. We started talking about our mother. My middle sisters and I got emotional, saying how much we missed her. My youngest sister, however, was very quiet.

I asked her what was up, and she started talking about how she was always our mom's least favorite, how even when mom was dying she didn't say "as good" a goodbye to her as she did to the rest of us, and how – If mom had lived – they'd probably have a terrible relationship. My middle sisters and I tried to talk her out of it, saying that of course our mother loved her and stuff like that, but finally my little sister kind of snapped and just shouted, "Look, I hated that loving bitch, okay?" Then she started crying and went home.

The next day, I called my sister. I asked her if she'd meant everything she'd said the night before. She said she did. She said that she knew our mother loved her, and she knew our mother never did anything "bad" to her, but that she could always tell that our mom "secretly regretted having a fourth kid." She suspected our mom had wanted a son, and had been disappointed by a fourth girl. Personally, I don't believe this is true. As the oldest, I had a lot of conversations with my mom before she died that my sisters weren't party to, and she always said that she would have loathed having boys. In fact, I always thought that my youngest sister was her favorite.

My sister ended the conversation saying, "Look, that woman might have been my mom, but I didn't like her very much."

I responded to my sister's text about the pin saying that I wasn't sure why she wanted to wear it, considering her strained relationship with our mother's memory. My sister responded, "All of you wore it. I should wear it too." I don't think she should wear it just because we did. It's supposed to represent our mom's memory, and if she doesn't look at our mom's memory fondly, I don't want her disrespecting the pin by wearing it dishonestly. I told her that I would hold onto the pin for now, and we could discuss it more later if she reflects more on what the pin actually represents.

AITA?

Edit: I've texted my sister. I told her that I'd held out on her with the pin because I was holding on to some hurt about what she'd said about our mother last year, but that it wasn't my place to dictate how she dealt with our mother's memory, and certainly not my place to gatekeep our mother's heirlooms. I told her I'd send the pin in the mail tomorrow. Luckily, my sister's a very understanding person, and says she gets why I acted as I did.

Thanks for the responses, ya'll. I needed a wake-up call.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Girlfriend jumped the shark tank?

quote:

Tldr: girlfriend thinks demons are responsible for why my.daughter doesn't like her.

girlfriend 45 and myself 43 have been together three years and it used to be great. Then I learned of her anger issues after we moved in together. When something doesn't go her way she gets explosive. Well it happened a few times when my kids were over. They are 12 and 10. My.kids used to look up to Dad's new girlfriend because she was different and cool.After one big fight she left me. The right was ridiculous and my kids saw it for what it was. They felt bad for me obviously and my daughter being older decided she didn't like my girlfriend anymore.

Well we got back together and made up sort of. It was alot of sacrafice on my part and rear end kissing. My daughter didn't approve but said she would try and let it go. Well it was fine for about 6 months then we started arguing over dumb poo poo. She just started nit picking me because she is compulsive obsessive. If the chairs aren't pushed in all the way at the table, or dresser drawers not lined up right, house needs to be vaccumed every day or it's a pig sty. Always her way or she would explode. One night she wanted to watch TV in the bedroom it was like 1230 and I wanted to sleep. Big fight on hiw it was her room too and she should be able to do what she wants in there. Well she hit me with a pillow and stormed out after a bunch of yelling. Well on the middle.of it my daughter came.out of her room and said for us to be quiet and stop fighting. Well my girlfriend later into her telling her to mind he own loving buisness and go back in her room.

Tough night made tougher the next morning when my daughter told her not to tell at.me and call me names while we were eating breakfast. Girlfriend said to poo poo up and if she was her daughter she would just smack her for back talk. Of course my daughter freaked out and said if you hit me.my dad will hit you and an argument erupted. It ended with my kids and I leaving for school early.

While at school and me at work my girlfriend went thru my daughter tablet and read her messages about hie much she hates dad's girlfriend. So my girlfriend took away the tablet. She feels she can do this because she gave the tablet to my daughter so to teach my daughter a lesson she took away the tablet. My daughter was furious. And ever since this event this happened back in June my daughter wants nothing to do with my girlfriend. Says she is afraid she is going to hit her and that she is a aliar and a thief. I have tried for months to reapir the damage. However my girlfriend will not admit she was in the wrong and my daughter doesn like how my girlfriend treats me if she doest get her way. So it has been hard.

I love them both and want it to work out but it just doesn't. Girlfriend always has something to say about my parenting and my daughter just shuts down when girlfriend gets weird. So.. My girlfriend unwilling to listen to reason came up with the answer last night as to why my daughter is the wsy she is. Possessed by demons. My girlfriend talked to give of her online friends and they all confirmed that my daughter is possessed and that my girlfriend is in trouble, possibly for her life. She started to tell this to me last night via text then as a conversation after the kids went to bed. I have never heard such bullshit in my.life. I don't think I can come back from this kind of crazy.

Has the relationship jumped the shark tank?

quote:

Here I the text she sent me before we talked about it after the kids went to bed. I told her I don't want to hear this kind of bullshit. She then told.me I am a portal to evil as well and I am no longer allowed to touch her. Wtf am I to do...

"I've been having some of my healer friends study Alora. They are in agreement that she has demonic parasites . She needs help and no wonder I have a very hard time being around her."

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Leofish posted:

AITA for trying to sell my sandwich recipe to various deli's in my town?

this is impressively stupid

this weirdo will definitely not post the amazing sandwich recipe, but i have to see it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

luxury handset posted:

this is impressively stupid

this weirdo will definitely not post the amazing sandwich recipe, but i have to see it

There's a twitter thread somewhere written by one of the people trying to coax the recipe out of him. No results last time I checked

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
It really bothers me [31F] that my boyfriend [29M] asked me for $15 for a box of condoms

quote:

I’m the type of person that’s “ill get it this time, you got it next time” and not keep track of things with friends. If I see something a friend/boyfriend would like, I’ll happily get it because it makes me happy to give. My boyfriend lives far away from Trader Joe’s and loves a particular sauce so i get it for him regularly as I frequent the store.

In our relationship, we initially took turns paying for eating out, but he felt like he was paying more so I said we’ll just each pay for our own meals to make it easier.

It really bothered me that recently he asked me for $15 for a box of condoms he purchased because I felt it was extremely petty. While I am happy to regularly gift things and regularly supply him with Trader Joe’s goods, the $15 demand felt like it invalidated things ive purchased and just felt like he was counting dime for dime.

While I make slightly more money than him, he is extremely reckless with his spending. He just went on a cruise (I’m assuming expensive), gambled away $600 (he supposedly budgeted for it), and as soon as he got back he got a $100+ robot vacuum. I understand if he’s feeling poor after a trip, but it’s hard to have sympathy when he gambled away a months rent and THEN bought a $100+ luxury cleaner. He also speeds a lot to the point of being on a probationary license and says that he would have rather paid for the speeding tickets instead of take the class, and once his probation period is over he will go back to speeding regularly- and drat those speeding tickets are expensive. I also have no financial sympathy when he’s liberally speeding and not changing his behavior in spite of hundreds of dollars of speeding tickets and increased car insurance premium.

It seems like because he spends liberally and recklessly for himself, he’s scrapping up pennies and doing that to me.

I know I can’t tell him to spend more money on me when it’s just money, but I’m not asking him to pay for my stuff. I pay for my share and am very generous with him. I don’t expect him to be as generous with me, but just don’t ask for $15. I feel like it comes down to him being reckless with his money and not generous.

I told him that the condom $15 bothered me, but that was an isolated conversation about condoms as opposed to a global conversation about him not being generous.

Him not being generous is really affecting me because I feel like I’m in the “oh I guess we are keeping track of money” mentality and I feel like I can’t be my true generous self and give freely. It’s mentally exhausting thinking about $10 here and $10 there.

Suggestions for how to approach the conversation? I feel like the conversation would essentially be dancing around the two points of him being financially irresponsible and petty...I just don’t know how to say it in an accusatory way.

Tl;dr: boyfriend asked for $15 though he recklessly spends for himself

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my GF I do not want her sterilising her menstrual cup in our kettle?

My GF and I have been together for nearly 2 years now. We get along great and already have moved in with each other. I am a pretty laid back guy and like to "go with the flow", whilst she is very organised and likes to take charge, which works very well for us because we are always pulling in the same direction because our personalities match up well!

A couple of months or so ago we were having the conversation about women's sanitary products. We were discussing how expensive they are etc and we got onto the subject of "menstrual cups" (the ones where you can just keep reusing them, so it would save us so much money in the long run. My GF looked them up, we did some research and ordered one (specifically one called "mooncup")

It took my GF a while to get used to it, but by her second period she was accustomed to it; problem solved!

Now here is where the issue begins... I live in the UK and as many of you probably know, us Brits love a cup of tea... Whenever I make a cup of tea I always empty out the old water from the kettle, just so I can fill it up with fresh water and maximise the flavour. Yesterday I poured all the water out of the kettle to make myself a brew, and my GF's menstrual cup fell out of it!!

I was a bit shocked and called out to my GF (in the other room) "Babe, why is your menstrual cup in the kettle?!";

To which she replied "Oh I was boiling it to 'sterilise' it, to make sure it is clean for my next use, I thought you knew, this isn't the first time I have used the kettle to sterilise it"

I was lost for words and told her that is disgusting, we drink water from this kettle, who in their right mind would use it to boil something that collects blood from inside of you??? She got pretty upset and we had an argument about it. She thinks I am being unreasonable. Do you guys think I am the rear end in a top hat in this situation??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Licarn posted:

It really bothers me [31F] that my boyfriend [29M] asked me for $15 for a box of condoms

Who bought them in the past?