Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Graduation is mostly entertaining but I absolutely have trouble keeping Travis' NPCs apart as separate characters (especially since he uses similar voices for so many of them), and doing things like "doesn't one of you have a spell that increases abilities" pretty immediately for the portal puzzle was a little too helpful. I know shape water doesn't work for that big of an area but I think it was an interesting way to solve the puzzle anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Mr E posted:

Graduation is mostly entertaining but I absolutely have trouble keeping Travis' NPCs apart as separate characters (especially since he uses similar voices for so many of them), and doing things like "doesn't one of you have a spell that increases abilities" pretty immediately for the portal puzzle was a little too helpful. I know shape water doesn't work for that big of an area but I think it was an interesting way to solve the puzzle anyway.

Besides, it got us the wonderful "I would like to point out that it's still water" moment.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Travis really enjoys quiet/unsure female characters.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

For the record, "Toot Me to Cabo" is still one of the most hilarious and simultaneously insane segments in MBMBaM. For those who don't remember, it was the question regarding whether it was okay for a teacher to charge a child a dollar everytime he/she farts in class.

Justin nearly dies.

Cheers. Have downloaded for a relisten on a slow podcast day.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Travis really enjoys quiet/unsure female characters.

I think a lot of that is just the way he affects a feminine voice.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I like a lot of what Travis designed in regards to the accounting system, the concept of heroes and villains, the way they can use the classes they choose to advance their characters. It feels like it could make a fun video game RPG. But it falls apart because Travis isn’t a computer that can juggle all these mechanics and personalities and concepts from one minute to the next, so the ideas feel half-baked because it’s impossible to implement them in a fleshed out way while still making an audio story. It’s already starting to happen, but once the story proper really takes off I get the feeling a lot of these mechanics will swiftly just go out the window.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"wonderful" is a good podcast

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Acute Grill posted:

I think a lot of that is just the way he affects a feminine voice.

I love Travis, but god do I wish I never had to hear him do a feminine voice ever again. I think that's most of what made Amnesty so hard to listen to for me.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Mr. Steak posted:

I agree with this statement.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

there was one episode of wonderful where griffin agonisingly explained some meme for like twenty minutes and I just couldn't stand it. I can't even remember what meme it was but it was awful.

Edit: it was steamed hams

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 14, 2020

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Steamed hams but it's Griffin explaining the concept of steamed hams

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

blossommirage posted:

I love Travis, but god do I wish I never had to hear him do a feminine voice ever again. I think that's most of what made Amnesty so hard to listen to for me.

Fair. His voices aren't a deal breaker for me, but Travis definitely isn't going to go down in the list of great voice actors.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

E: I forgot time and that this was an old one.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 15, 2020

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1210564596710477824

lol i just saw this tweet from travis asking to go on all the british panel shows. The fourth one he tweeted, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, hasn't been made in five years.

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 15, 2020

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Tears In A Vial posted:

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1210564596710477824

lol i just saw this tweet from travis asking to go on all the british panel shows. The fourth one he tweeted, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, hasn't been made in five years.

Travis has the most pitiful energy. The energy is real and there but...man.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Ironically Buzzcocks would have been his best bet out of all the ones he mentioned, unless he somehow got signed by Avalon I guess, but jesus gently caress do I not want to see Travis on any of our poo poo topical panel shows. Taskmaster would probably be fine but they put out like 2 series a year with 5 guests in each they're not going to run out of actual telly comedians this decade.

He could maybe get a spot on Celebrity come dine with me, last time I watched it they had a 'prank youtuber' I'd never heard of on with Dick and Dom.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

If I was forced, forced to put Travis on a British panel show, it would be David Mitchell's Unquestionable Truth on bbc radio. Hiding lies amongst truths, in copy he has pre written, seems like it would be the most safe space for Travis's energy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if Dan Ryckert and Travis McElroy ever walked into the same room, the universe would implode

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I want to know how quickly Travis would either crumble or flourish around Noah Fielding energy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtsNwwg-XTY

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao this is a good one

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1216841539407753216

Yeah Travis knows what he's doing.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Pfft you say that but I've never heard of dancing helping DM a session along. We'll just hear grunts and twirls in the background audio and be like what is that. Travis let's be realistic here.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

it's just a little too twee my for taste

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

AndrewP posted:

it's just a little too twee my for taste
I'm very glad Griffin and Rachel are enjoying themselves more with Wonderful than they were with Rose Buddies near the end, but it's also just not my thing, so I think I'm right there with you.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-y98OYaXu8

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

I can't believe Todd fuckin' got them again.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

SpacePig posted:

I can't believe Todd fuckin' got them again.

You are letting Todd cover for the true culprit: Wiww Roight

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"more structure to fights"

just use Roll20 my dude! You all already have accounts! There was no reason not to do that from the start

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

5e is not a game designed to be played theater of the mind.

You gotta have a grid.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

"more structure to fights"

just use Roll20 my dude! You all already have accounts! There was no reason not to do that from the start

He could also be referring to how he, as the DM, sets up and describes fights. Combat is tabletop games needs a lot more than stricter numbers to make it not boring.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Begining to think D&D might not be the best system for them to be using :thunk:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
They should play Lancer

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Season 5 of TAZ, the McElroys play Magical Burst.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Raserys posted:

They should play Lancer

Everyone should play Lancer

(except for this podcast because Lancer requires just as much of a tactical map as D&D does so it wouldn't really fix their issue there)

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Really enjoyed the New Day Grief Counseling segment of the latest Monster Factory serene time. We need more of that; I could see dubbing wrasslin’ being a decent comedy vein.

That aside the boys should use Pathfinder because of the following points:

(Page 1 of 9)

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I'm genuinely devastated over the death of Snack Braff

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mr Phillby posted:

I'm genuinely devastated over the death of Snack Braff

If I was them I would have just dropped this and moved on to something else (maybe mentioned it in a tweet), so kudos for their sticktuitiveness

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
What confuses me is that at the end of Snack Braff ep they had what looked like a teaser for the second part (I will never forget the mouth opening inside of the teeth), like they do with most of these two-parters, so I had assumed they already filmed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Blockhouse posted:

Everyone should play Lancer

(except for this podcast because Lancer requires just as much of a tactical map as D&D does so it wouldn't really fix their issue there)

I've just gotten very into Lancer recently and really want to see/hear it in actual play