Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Pants Donkey posted:

Is brain is literally dying. You can watch him in real time this year as his frontal lobe shrivels up and his ability to draw or even sign his work suffers.

The bitter irony is that the conservative who railed against the welfare state now needs it...and his wife was denied disability claims for him because he was still making cartoons. Cartoons that very clearly show degradation in his abilities, and he was still denied. And the darkest aspect is that he was only submitting cartoons because drawing was one of the few things that still made him happy. So Holbert I hope your wife’s suffering was worth it to keep those drat welfare queens at bay.

well that got dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Jurgan posted:

I just have no idea what this is trying to say. I guess it's saying Sri Lanka as a whole is mourning, as represented by a random brown guy? So lazy.

Holbert literally has dementia and has been declining for several years.

e: PD I would swear your post wasn't there when I quoted Jurgan's. :tinfoil:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Him having been a conservative is IMO proof the dementia was much older than diagnosed.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Hand Knit posted:

I was scrolling through the Gaybies nominations thread and found this masterpiece

I can't make out the name in the top right. Does anyone know who drew this and when/where it's from?

He's declined into Lester.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

That "watermelon flavored toothpaste" line makes me feel like I'm losing my mind.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That "watermelon flavored toothpaste" line makes me feel like I'm losing my mind.
Oh it's fine, he said he didn't even know that was a racist trope. Just a coincidence that the punchline revolves around a flavor of toothpaste that doesn't even sound real.

Edit: In response to the backlash, Holbert changed it to "raspberry-flavored toothpaste," so I guess it's possible that he just doesn't know what flavors things come in.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

:catstare: excuse me, the gently caress

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

T. Bombastus posted:

Oh it's fine, he said he didn't even know that was a racist trope. Just a coincidence that the punchline revolves around a flavor of toothpaste that doesn't even sound real.

Edit: In response to the backlash, Holbert changed it to "raspberry-flavored toothpaste," so I guess it's possible that he just doesn't know what flavors things come in.
watermelon flavored toothpaste is definitely a kids toothpaste flavor

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I’m sure there were plenty of assholes in the 18th centuries that were resistant to change, spouting “If you don’t like the way we farm, go back to England!” Also there were plenty of people that when they heard of Rosa Parks’ activism said “this isn’t the proper way to do it, you can’t just break the rules like that!”

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Yeah, I don't think the message is "no one shot down change until now" and more that the people advocating justice and social progress have always been right.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

*flips open suitcase marked "MLK"*

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

jesus christ

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Seriously, these are supposed to be the good guys?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

How are they so loving bad at this?! :psyduck:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Tons of carrots and sweet potatoes were air-dropped to feed wallabies. Also Scott Morrison's new line is his "climate policy will evolve".

Wilcox: Koala in charcoal

Spooner:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Harry, Andrew and royal scandals – The Queen has summoned senior royals to an emergency summit at her Sandringham estate on Monday to discuss the future of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex"

Telegraph:

Five make it through to next round of Labour leadership contest

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Love Island LIVE – Contestants baffled over 'Butter Churner' sex position during villa games

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I love the Koala sketch. Using the medium itself to make a point is brilliant.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Why does Harry look like Corbyn in the times cartoon?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Saving this one. Reminds me of one I should have saved, and if someone has it I'd greatly appreciate it.

It's called something like "boomer train paradox" and the guy pulling the lever is like "Yeah but saving anyone wouldn't be fair to the people who already got run over." It really captures modern conservatism/boomerism/any other dumb poo poo.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Grimdude posted:

Saving this one. Reminds me of one I should have saved, and if someone has it I'd greatly appreciate it.

It's called something like "boomer train paradox" and the guy pulling the lever is like "Yeah but saving anyone wouldn't be fair to the people who already got run over." It really captures modern conservatism/boomerism/any other dumb poo poo.

Here you go:

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

The bitter irony is that the conservative who railed against the welfare state now needs it...and his wife was denied disability claims for him because he was still making cartoons. Cartoons that very clearly show degradation in his abilities, and he was still denied. And the darkest aspect is that he was only submitting cartoons because drawing was one of the few things that still made him happy. So Holbert I hope your wife’s suffering was worth it to keep those drat welfare queens at bay.

What a lovely thing to say about a cartoonist with JRRose lite opinions. Post the welfare queen cartoons, because all I've ever seen are Congress, dear reader, need I say more?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Opposite of reality, when people were protesting against the regime in Iran (and against Iranian influence in Iraq), Trump goes and murder someone who had the status of a national hero, causing everyone to rally behind the regime in Iran, and everyone to want the Americans out in Iraq.

The IRGC's screwup with the shotdown of the Ukrainian airliner is what broke the Iranians out of their Trump-induced patriotic fervor.

Donald Trump is the proud leader of an Iran-designated terrorist organization.

It's also nice of Branco to remind everyone he thinks that Palestinians do not deserve human rights.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

https://twitter.com/RobSmithJr/status/1216763715225341952

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Is there a Blind Squirrel award?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Rob Smith Jr is the dumbest motherfucker on twitter, a website that is famously populated almost entirely by dumbest motherfuckers :v:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Yeah Rob Smith Jr. will always say that Obama actually has light skin colour and that his definitely real friend with dark(er) skin colour 100% agrees with him on it

He's super fuckin' specific about that wording as well

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

Is there a Blind Squirrel award?

fuckin should be, what is going on

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Was it Rob Smith how had a weird rant about how AOC hasn't earned having three names like, for example, JFK?

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Yep. I don't have it on hand, but I'm pretty sure his argument could be summed up as "Shut up hyphens are cheating."

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah, I don't think the message is "no one shot down change until now" and more that the people advocating justice and social progress have always been right.

I agree, but I think it would be better if they showed conservative assholes shouting down the "dreamers" in the first three panels. Sort of a "we beat them before, we can beat them again" message.

VitalSigns posted:

jesus christ

Give me one good reason why someone who cares about civil rights should also care about war!

I dont know posted:

Was it Rob Smith how had a weird rant about how AOC hasn't earned having three names like, for example, JFK?

I've always wondered why FDR, JFK, and LBJ are the only presidents with a three-letter nickname.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I dont know posted:

It was Rob Smith Jr saying that having three names is dishonest somehow

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I dont know posted:

Politicians are basically demons, the more names they have the more powerful they are.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jurgan posted:

I've always wondered why FDR, JFK, and LBJ are the only presidents with a three-letter nickname.

Somewhere, JEB! sheds a single tear of regret.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Put "no witnesses" at the beginning and this is AGC.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

GWB, DJT are two you have missed.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Amoeba102 posted:

I've always thought the Trump thing was weird because up until the political stuff I never heard anyone ever use his middle initial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Amoeba102 posted:

The former's main nickname was "Dubya." I don't often hear people use Trump's initials, but it happens sometimes. Too soon to know if it'll stick.