Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

rannum posted:

also i kind of love how poo poo annie is at confrontation, even (especially) with her self. If she doesn't blow up she's easily run over most times. Very relatable.

This comic is sometimes too real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I gotta admit, I think the art on the threat-page makes it my favourite page in the comic. It's just so good.

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2098

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Oh boy. This is just getting more and more like a situation I dealt with in real life.

Now all that needs to happen is for Kat to find out about this conversation, then flip out and destroy all of Paz's things and threaten to kill her.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Drunk Theory posted:

Oh boy. This is just getting more and more like a situation I dealt with in real life.

Now all that needs to happen is for Kat to find out about this conversation, then flip out and destroy all of Paz's things and threaten to kill her.

:stare:

:sever:

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Oh not me, and years ago in college. Started with the guy just dumping stuff on the street, escalated after she showed up to the apartment. Was a bad time for our circle of friends for awhile though.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
While I do understand Paz's concerns, she isn't thinking about an end goal with her words here, which makes them more of a rant than an actual constructive communication. Stop being Kat's friend? When Kat is already heavily worrying about Annie's? That's just another data point for "OH poo poo" in Kat's head, which would unhinge Kat even more.

I veer more towards Annies' side here as well because the only time Paz talked with Annie about Kat was in subtle veiled threats. I can't see that being the right way to resolve relationship issues no matter what the situation.

But props to Tom about making a bunch of forumites heavily discuss teen angst; poo poo's engaging yo.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

They're teenagers, nothing ever makes sense. Paz is gonna burst into tears in a minute because kat broke up with her.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Yeah Paz is kinda being a poo poo here. She's not wrong about Annie being kind of oblivious to her friend's mental state but nothing about Paz' methodology here helps like...at all.

And also betrays a lack of seeing people other than her SO as people instead of tools to enabling her relationship with that SO. Girl needs to have a life beyond that relationship.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Paz still hasn't managed to say what exactly she thinks Annie should have been doing differently. It's possible she has a better point to make and just hasn't gotten it out. But so far it seems like she's just frustrated with Kat being in a bad place, and is looking for somewhere to direct that.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Ditocoaf posted:

Paz still hasn't managed to say what exactly she thinks Annie should have been doing differently. It's possible she has a better point to make and just hasn't gotten it out. But so far it seems like she's just frustrated with Kat being in a bad place, and is looking for somewhere to direct that.

Considering her end goal is "stop being friends" and brushing off Annies even talking to her I think it is just frustration, directing it somewhere and trying to shortcut to a solution that will "solve everything" because she's mad AND sad and no one is thinking straight in that condition even if there wasn't a literal state of emergency going on

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah Paz is kinda being a poo poo here. She's not wrong about Annie being kind of oblivious to her friend's mental state but nothing about Paz' methodology here helps like...at all.

And also betrays a lack of seeing people other than her SO as people instead of tools to enabling her relationship with that SO. Girl needs to have a life beyond that relationship.

Do you think the two girls Paz brought along figured this would happen. I mean it is at night and I'm guessing Paz has been seeking out the annies so probably but they're pretty silent and blonde girl doesn't seem to want to be here any more than we, the reader, do.
The bonus page will probably be them, thinking on it.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
HOLY SHITBALLS IT'S THOSE GUYS WHO WE HAVE NOT SEEN IN SOME TIME

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Oh shiiiit I've missed these characters.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

now that's someone who could snap you like a twig

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Andre the Giant is reincarnated as a little girl now?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh boy level heads will calm this down. :v

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Kesper North posted:

HOLY SHITBALLS IT'S THOSE GUYS WHO WE HAVE NOT SEEN IN SOME TIME

I just did the maths on this and they've been gone about 5 years (Torn Sea for last proper appearance and as a tiny flashback to tony getting punched in ch53)

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Oh boy you done hosed up now.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Wow. Gamma's undergone a heck of a growth spurt.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Zimmy World has really taken its toll on Gamma. :(

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Gamma and Zimmy gonna fix poo poo like they always do.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
*studio audience erupts into applause and cheers*

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Well that's some loving cavalry.

Macaluso posted:

drat right we do.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Hell yeah Zimmy and Gamma. I didn't realize how much I missed them until I saw them.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Blasmeister posted:

I just did the maths on this and they've been gone about 5 years (Torn Sea for last proper appearance and as a tiny flashback to tony getting punched in ch53)

MAN, has it really been that long? Good to see them either way.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Macaluso posted:

audibly went "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're in trouble nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"

Alpheratz
May 11, 2012
ESPRIT DE CORPS [Medium: Success] - That's it. The cavalry has arrived.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Finally a voice of reason

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Yes, the Voice of Reason: Gamma, the near-mute.

The Annies are going to have to intervene between Walking, Talking Silent Hill and Student Doctor Doolittle, if Zimmy takes to the Annies' side.

The Court has always been on the very precipice of Forest Shenanigans, it isn't either of the Annies' fault that the dam finally burst. The teachers ought to be doing a better job at explaining the situation to the students, but the only responsible adult in the entire faculty appears to be Doctor Disaster.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wyld Karde posted:

Gamma looks almost angel-like with how inhumanly serene she appears.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Wyld Karde posted:

Alternatively, Zimmy still looks like she's 12. Bit hard to tell.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

LashLightning posted:

The Annies are going to have to intervene between Walking, Talking Silent Hill and Student Doctor Doolittle
Spider fight!!!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Punching 2: Aetheric Boogaloo?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Holy cow Gamma got tall.

Zimmy, meanwhile, remains a pint sized nightmare.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
heard you were talking poo poo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I feel like the next page should be a dance-fight.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Tenebrais posted:

Alternatively, Zimmy still looks like she's 12. Bit hard to tell.

I think Zimmy and Gamma are older than Kat and Annie, too? So it's even more hilarious that Silent Hill: The Person is a fuckin twerp.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Hold on. That music. That feeling. Those spiders...

IT'S ZIMMY WITH THE CHAIR!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Malpais Legate posted:

I think Zimmy and Gamma are older than Kat and Annie, too? So it's even more hilarious that Silent Hill: The Person is a fuckin twerp.

I think it's just Gamma that's a couple years older. Zimmy is in Kat/Annie's class (before Annie got held back), in a different house.

If I'm remembering right, Gamma is in that class mostly to keep Zimmy on track, but I think there was some mention (perhaps a lovely excuse?) of her being a bit behind on her learning so it's not too egregious to have her with slightly younger kids.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

LashLightning posted:

The Annies are going to have to intervene between Walking, Talking Silent Hill and Student Doctor Doolittle, if Zimmy takes to the Annies' side.

The Court has always been on the very precipice of Forest Shenanigans, it isn't either of the Annies' fault that the dam finally burst. The teachers ought to be doing a better job at explaining the situation to the students, but the only responsible adult in the entire faculty appears to be Doctor Disaster.

The Annies even said the Court adults are blaming the Annies too at the beginning of the chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Gamma is going to touch both Annies, and then we'll go from two Annies to zero.