Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Rudager posted:

Well here down-under we have self serve checkouts that freak out if the thing you put on the bagging scales isn't within a certain weight tolerance which is annoying as gently caress.

We have those here in the US, too. They've gotten better about flipping out because you didn't have any room left and had to move a bag to your cart, but they can still be annoying as gently caress for plenty of other reasons.

Plus now they have a second screen above the main screen that shows the security footage of your stupid ugly rear end struggling to get that one thing to scan right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I get that the concept of having a poop knife is apeshit enough as it is but I was taken aback at him thinking not making GBS threads in 2 days is a normal and common occurrence.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

In civilized stores like wholefoods they will make you a smoothie and print out a bar code.

you can drink it while you shop, then pay for it later using the bar code.

They also have this:

Clearly you are supposed to consume these items before you check out.

Anything else is something that cavemen would do.

I'm pretty sure that beer is not for drinking in the supermarket. Seems like an easy way for them to lose their liquor license.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

I get that the concept of having a poop knife is apeshit enough as it is but I was taken aback at him thinking not making GBS threads in 2 days is a normal and common occurrence.

I'm pretty sure that beer is not for drinking in the supermarket. Seems like an easy way for them to lose their liquor license.

The "correct" amount of pooping for individuals varies. Its something like if you poop more than 3 times a day and less than once every 3 days worry, otherwise its fine

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

limp_cheese posted:

No, it is. "Drink while you shop" has become a new thing in places where it's legal.

There are tons of Whole Foods with bars in them. Lucky's Markets have bars. I just read somewhere Barnes & Noble is even putting bars in their stores.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
get your marks lightly buzzed so they'll buy the asparagus water

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Shroomie posted:

No, it is. "Drink while you shop" has become a new thing in places where it's legal.

There are tons of Whole Foods with bars in them. Lucky's Markets have bars. I just read somewhere Barnes & Noble is even putting bars in their stores.

Whoa... That's actually pretty cool

Straight White Shark posted:

No thanks, I tried drinking Diet Coke neat once and it's not for me.

I wish people would stop with the "right way to drink" posts. If you drink a fine whisky, neat... Or you drink a slushie colored mixed drink with an umbrella... They're both the correct way to drink. No more rivalry, let's just be alcoholics together like god intended

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

limp_cheese posted:

I don't know how it works in the UK, but in New Zealand, it's possible for one venue to have both an on and off-license as long as they have two different people with certification on duty.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Miserable Maid posted:

Whoa... That's actually pretty cool

I wish people would stop with the "right way to drink" posts. If you drink a fine whisky, neat... Or you drink a slushie colored mixed drink with an umbrella... They're both the correct way to drink. No more rivalry, let's just be alcoholics together like god intended

:911:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Tashilicious posted:

two entitled white girls from terfcrime island

Terfcrime is a terrible blight on our society. To say nothing of when marauding gangs of second-wave feminists wage terfwars on our streets, with innocent 3rd and 4th wave feminists as well as unsuspecting LGBTQIA and POC catching stray slurs in the crossfire.

therobit fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 15, 2020

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Shroomie posted:

Feed Meyer, which is a local PNW chain that got bought by Kroger 15 or 20 years ago, has bars now. The bar is always full of boomers trying to watch football while their spouses think they're at the grocery store. Although, this store also has a child care center for while you shop so I could really see some utility there...

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

What I don’t get about poop knife is they just left that dirty thing hanging up? You know that poop knife still had poo poo on it because someone was in a hurry and just rinsed it off under cold water.

Metal is a poor fomite so it's really not that big a deal.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Tashilicious posted:

two entitled white girls from terfcrime island

trans people literally aren't even mentioned in that once

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You're just jealous you didn't think of the name terfcrime island.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Tashilicious posted:

You're just jealous you didn't think of the name terfcrime island.

Terfidious Albion

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pirate Radar posted:

Terfidious Albion

gently caress this is so much better.
gently caress

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The hallowed terf.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
GF used to be a slut, is mentally unstable and depressed. Should I pull the plug?

quote:

I couldn’t really think of a good title so the first thing you should know is that I still deeply love and care for this girl. Me(24M), her(23F)

Okay so there’s a lot to go over here. I’ve been dating this chick for a year and half now and although I had my suspicions before, I didn’t know this until recently. She told me she has slept with over 40 guys and of course that made me feel disgusted. I am the one who wanted to know because I had some suspicions. It was bugging me in the back of my mind and I didn’t want to go the “ignorance is bliss” route. She hasn’t cheated on me and said she didn’t cheat in her prior relationships either.

Apparently(if she is telling the truth), a lot of it happened in the span of two years while she was in university dealing with a drinking problem and an absent father. This is going back about 3ish years now. However, She very rarely drinks anymore and prior to our relationship she was in a 6 month relationship.

She does still deal with a ton of depression issues and a lot of the recent ones started to come up about 8 months after we started dating. In hindsight, it might not have been the best idea to move in. There does seem to be something she gets upset about every few days and it’s extremely challenging to go multiple days without arguing about something. There are tons of fights and we’ve become really good at making up with each other but I don’t think the core issues get solved because we just end up having more arguments about similar stuff. We’ve lived together for for about 4 months now and since then, she has cut herself twice before I told her that I’d leave her over it if she didn’t stop. She has smashed her head against drywall and that left a large dent in the wall. She has talked about killing herself plenty of times and I believe she is in the process of getting some anxiety medication which I think would be beneficial. I love her a lot still and she loves me but wow it’s been really stressful at times. Definitely a lot of good times together but for sure I think there’s been more bad times. Probably something like 55% bad and 45% good.

We have a 8 month lease together that’s up in April. Basically, I’m moving back home afterwards since I’m done school. It is important to note that I was already heavily considering breaking up with her prior to learning about how many guys she’s been with. One of the main issues though is the lease. If I decide to break up with her, I don’t want to tell her to just get out because that’s a good amount of money to give up. Also I don’t know how well living in the same house but being broken up would go. At this point, I’m considering just waiting it out till April when I graduate and deciding what to do then but things keep happening to the point where I’m not sure if it’s just better to uproot everything now while I’m in the middle of a busy school semester.. what should I do?

TL;DR - My girlfriend of 1.5 years is at times suicidal, extremely argumentative and has slept with a ton of guys. I still love her but should I break it off or wait until school is over to decide.

I know it’s a lot but thank you for taking the time to read this.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My (27F) boyfriend (27M) is smaller than me. He introduced me to his family a few days ago and their reaction & comments devastated him
/r/all
I am taller than and more muscular than my boyfriend. I am not a bodybuilder, however he is a shorter man and very skinny. Because of this, our contrast looks more significant and we’ve both always been aware of this. We’ve talked about it plenty of times before and he’s never been distraught over it. Yes, I’ve had my suspicions that maybe our size differences have given him some thoughts in the past, but I’ve never pressed him on it.

Because he’s so skinny, and he’s aware of his health, he’s talked to me about gaining weight. I’ve been helping him try and gain weight at home and have even gone with him to speak to doctors about getting something for this. He has always given up on the progress very early for reasons I always assumed were forgetfulness or laziness. I’m now starting to question if it was also issues with his self esteem insecurities that caused him to stop all the time. I never pushed him on this ‘cause I didn’t want to force him to do anything

Another thing that I’m now thinking about is how he’s never wanted to work out with me at the gym even though he’s told me he’s wanted to get fit. I’m not stupid, I know being seen with me at the gym might’ve made him uncomfortable. We’ve talked to each other about our insecurities and worries like we all do. He always said it’s not being seen together, it’s just being seen in the gym in general. He’d say things like, “even before us I was too embarrassed to go to the gym’ or “oh, I don’t wanna embarrass you.”

Okay, this is common among tons of people, so I believed him. So we’d work out at home, and same thing happens here like with the weight gain, just gives up. The problem now is that, I’m starting to suspect that there’s some deep rooted issues he has, and it’s all ‘cause of the family dinner.

We had dinner at his family’s house and this was the first time they have met me. Nothing was out of the ordinary until the questions about my body started to fly. Nbd, I get them all time. I’m tall, he’s short. My muscles are more visible, his aren’t. Whatevs.

But the next few days, he was visiting his family and talking on the phone. Turns out, they’ve been harassing him, making fun of him, making fun of me, our bodies, everything. I’m dead loving sure this is fueling his insecurities. I found all of this because I caught him crying on the phone arguing with his mom. She is telling him to dump me. Saying things like the cousins or whatever are all talking poo poo. Guys in his family are making fun of his body and mine. Saying all sorts of disgusting things.

He’s so hurt. I know the easiest thing is to just ignore them, but he’s always been close with his family so that’s not going to help him. Stuff like that for people like my boyfriend is always easier said than done.

How do I help him? I want to help him be happy with himself, with his body, and with me. Is it selfish for me to think about myself, too??? I won’t lie, I’m worried of losing him because ive seen the texts, and his mom is demanding that he leave me.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Power Khan posted:

My (27F) boyfriend (27M) is smaller than me. He introduced me to his family a few days ago and their reaction & comments devastated him

Sever from his family. This dudes living my dream and if my family talked poo poo about my huge amazonian woman I'd have her kick their asses.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Motherfucker posted:

Sever from his family. This dudes living my dream and if my family talked poo poo about my huge amazonian woman I'd have her kick their asses.

Yeah no lie. The amount of poo poo tall women get is absurd and disgusting.

Tall women are glorious. They are Goddesses. they are the shining light of glory in our cold dead world.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
In love with the wrong (married) man

quote:

So I [30F] met this guy [30M] on Tinder almost 4 years back in 2016, we connected so well. We met, had sex and then he blocked me without an explanation. Of course, I was heartbroken, but I moved on. Then after six months or so, he texted me again to apologize, again, we connected and started a casual sexual relationship, which continued even after he changed cities (I traveled over to meet him on my own dime). This went on for almost a year. We had a falling out because he stood me up once after I traveled over to his city and then stopped responding to me. Then one fine day he blocked me again (sometime around Dec 2018). Of course, I was completely heartbroken again, I definitely had feelings for him, I liked him too much. It hurt, but I moved on, however, the same cycle repeated where he texted me to apologize six months later. This time when I responded, he told me, he had been having a steady girlfriend all the while we had been hooking up (from back in 2016) and had gotten married to her in December. I do not know what prompted me to even forgive him this. We started connecting again, and of course, I fell back into the rabbit hole. He is apparently unhappy in his marriage, but he will never give it up. We have now hooked up 4 times now (after knowing he is married), and every time, I feel badly used. I know I need to distance my self from him but I am so attached to him, doesn't help my self-confidence is not great either

​TL;DR - In love with a married and selfish man, knowing its wrong, but not able to let go

kru
Oct 5, 2003

loving useless

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Imprisoned by (married) dick

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Lucrece posted:

AITA for not inviting my daughter's former stepmother to her graduation?

YTA, the daughter is old enough to understand that she still would like this woman who has known her for quite some time in her life, I'd say invite step mom as long as the AP doesn't come and get over yourself for 2 hours.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Power Khan posted:

Tall women own. Destroy this useless rear end in a top hat family.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Ritznit posted:

Tashilicious posted:

Yeah no lie. The amount of poo poo tall women get is absurd and disgusting.

Tall women are glorious. They are Goddesses. they are the shining light of glory in our cold dead world.

As a tall woman (6fter) this gladdens my heart. Yeah I put up with so much loving poo poo from about the age of 9, it's only now as I reach the end of my thirties that I have realised it's fine and cool and good to be a tall woman.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

tall woman just look effortlessly cool, so good job

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Short femme here and I’d love to be taller. Seriously, tall women can get it.

quote:

AITA for going to boyfriends house whilst he’s cleaning, offer to clean bathroom and then point out how he still pisses on the seat and leaves skidmarks?

u/Xephstar57m
He got upset and said he was happy until I rocked up and started pointing out his flaws. I mean he’s 42 years old and was still denying it was him, although after a minute said it was his house and he can piss on the toilet seat if he wants. It goes without saying, we will never own a house together. Edit: His lounge furniture was upside down when I walked in and I said I could come back after he had cleaned or I could help. He said I could help him, so I said I would clean the bathroom as he was finishing the lounge.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rosalind posted:

*pops open my sparkling water to take a sip while waiting on line for some boomer to finish with her couponing or whatever*

Miserable Maid: I saw you STEAL that gulp of water that you HAVE NOT PAID FOR. I am therefore placing you under CITIZEN'S ARREST. Your LACK OF SELF-CONTROL makes me SICK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeplVT4qEZc

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Ritznit posted:

She needs to ask herself what Brienne would have done.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

teen witch posted:

He got upset and said he was happy until I rocked up and started pointing out his flaws. I mean he’s 42 years old and was still denying it was him, although after a minute said it was his house and he can piss on the toilet seat if he wants. It goes without saying, we will never own a house together. Edit: His lounge furniture was upside down when I walked in and I said I could come back after he had cleaned or I could help. He said I could help him, so I said I would clean the bathroom as he was finishing the lounge.

I'm gonna be honest here, the thing really sticking with me is that when he cleans the lounge he turns his furniture upside down.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

surely thats just like, the chairs onto the table to hoover under it??

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.
How has no one posted berth el pup yet?

quote:

My [28f] fiance's [31m] fetish is getting out of control, and it's ruining our wedding planning.

I'm using a throwaway account because I'm humiliated about how this has been going.

I have been seeing a wonderful man for two years now. About six months ago he proposed to me, and since then I've been elated. We have eagerly been planning our wedding and things seem to be clicking between us. I said yes to my dress, invited about 75 guests, and our wedding is set for this December.

Here's where things get complicated. My fiance enjoys the idea of me being with other men. And yes, before you ask, he is bisexual. We have played out this fantasy consistently over the past couple of years, and I enjoy it as well... for the most part. Some of the time I don't know what he's thinking with his requests. About a year ago, he asked me to "steal" his credit card and take my other boyfriend to an expensive restaurant, treat him to dinner, and then have sex with him in a good hotel. I did all of this and sent pictures. It drove him wild.

Gradually the fetish began to involve turning him into a "sissy." He would be very submissive around me during sexual times, and ask that I talk about my experiences with other men, past and present. Again, I obliged.

So, again, I don't mind at all. I'm sexually open minded and if it makes him happy, then I'm happy too. But now it's getting completely out of control, and is starting to leak into our wedding planning. He seems to be more excited about using this as a chance to get his rocks off than actually start a life with me.

For instance, early on, he asked if my other boyfriend could walk me down the aisle. Since my father is dead, I was planning on my brother doing it, but he wants my boyfriend to do it instead. Many of our guests know about the nature of our relationship so he said it wouldn't be a big deal, but it was just too weird for me to even consider. I put my foot down and said no. He reluctantly gave up on the idea, although my other boyfriend will be attending (the three of us are also good friends, so it's natural for him to be there).

Later on he suggested that on our wedding night, my boyfriend be the first person to have sex with me when married. He would be in the room, which is not usual but has happened before, and then cuddle up next to me when we were finished. I agreed to this because whatever, I want him to enjoy our wedding night too.

Today was too much. Our venue has a special service (I think it's special at least?) where during the ceremony and beginning of the reception, they will take a video, and then at the end of the reception show it on a big screen matched to music. We have a certain deal of freedom over how they'll arrange the end product, and while it's expensive, we both agreed that it would be a nice touch. At the very end of the credits though, when brainstorming a last goodbye comment, he suddenly suggested that the video end with something like "Now get to your hotel room and prep the bull you sissy."

I feel sick to my stomach. Has his fetish grown so out of control that he wants me to humiliate him in front of all of our friends and family for sexual gratification? He's never been this way, and I love him as much as ever before, but I need to put a stop to this soon and I don't even know how. He gets so excited when ideas like these come up and has gotten angry at me for saying "no" to his other wedding planning ideas too much.

tl;dr: Fiance and I are into hotwifing/roleplaying/sissy fantasizing, he wants to involve this in the wedding, what do I do?

And the follow up:

quote:

[Update] My [28f] fiance's [31m] fetish is growing out of control. We talked it through, and made some decisions.

Since then a lot of people have private messaged me with good advice. Some people have insulted my fiance. A couple tried to get themselves involved in my sex life by asking if they could be a bull (what the gently caress?). I took the advice to heart and had a talk with my fiance.

Here's what happened:

The hotwifing/cuckold fetish stuff continued on as I expected. He continuously kept pushing new ideas about how I can humiliate him at our wedding. First he asked if we could get married with my boyfriend's semen inside of me, and I said no. Somewhere between his suggestion that my vows to him involve talking about how useless and pathetic of a man he is, and his other suggestion about me wearing an "I <3 BBC" anklet (he goes crazy when I talk about my black exes although I'm not sure how I feel about him fetishizing a race), I interrupted him and told him it wasn't working for me. I basically poured out all of my feelings about how his attitude is ruining my wedding.

After a lot of talking, some yelling, and an unhealthy dose of self-deprecation from him, we've come to an understanding that I want to please him, but don't want to make it public. So, where possible, we're working in a few things that he wants to do, but they're very small and limited. It makes him so happy when I agree to an idea so I can't help doing something. Instead of writing "prep the bull" at the end of our highlight video, we're going to write berth ell pup, which is an anagram of it. If asked we'll just say it means "I love you" in Old Norse. I won't wear a visible anklet, but I'll wear panties with a similar message on them (with another white pair on top). As for having sex with my boyfriend before the wedding in the makeup room, I told him that definitely crosses the line and the answer will still be no.

We have started couples counseling with a therapist who is qualified as a sex therapist as well. We all acknowledged that my fiance has a serious problem, although the therapist said that indulging in his desires from time to time is not terribly harmful in this sort of case. She gave us indispensable advice about instead of focusing on what I refuse to do, focus on a line of what we can do, making clear rules. He should respect those rules by not even suggesting something which bends them. My rules are if it's safe, painless, and private, I'll happily consider it.

Things are going better now although there was one hiccup of him getting turned on during the therapist's meeting and later admitting in private that he was playing with himself in the bathroom (apparently when the two of us were discussing how he was being selfish it set him off?). I was too confused to know what to say, but shaming him for having sexual desires doesn't seem right either. I don't know if I want to bring this up in our next session.

tl;dr: Drew some lines with my fiance, and things are going better! We're in therapy now. Thank you for your great advice.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

OhAreThey posted:

The hotwifing/cuckold fetish stuff

I always read this as 'hot-wifi-ing' and wondering how he gets off driving around and...stealing peoples wifi?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
drat, what's a nice wifi like you doing unsecured in this part of town?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Ungh you're so loving quick and reliable. show my those megabytes.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

How much to secure you for the evening?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Tall women with short men makes for easy motorboating hugs.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I posted about this in the last thread but again just echoing my feelings of why is "Don't involve your non-consenting friends and family in your fetish" such a difficult concept for so many people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

OhAreThey posted:

How has no one posted berth el pup yet?

And the follow up:

the update-update after it was pointed out that someone would probably google that phrase which would lead to the reddit posts

quote:

Oh my god you're right.

I told him this ten minutes ago. He knows that I reddit (he's a redditor too), and when I brought this up in the first place I told him that I asked reddit for advice and showed him the original thread. It's the main reason why we ended up going to therapy in the first place. He was actually the one who suggested that I update you all on the situation.

After I told him that someone could just Google berth ell pup and find the phrase in this thread, he looked me in the eye and said "That's so loving hot."

When he goes to work I'm leaving. He'll find this post eventually but I don't care. I need a few days to cool off and reconsider my options. He's ill. He needs serious help and I think I'm going to call his brother to tell him (without specifics). I texted my aunt already and she'll be here to pick me up with a moment's notice.

and to spoil the fun, a year later, the op posted in /r/drama about making these, so the posts are likely a creative writing exercise by some chud who probably posts on voat/gab now