Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
This is a thread for posting about wrestlers who die during the year.

Rocky Johnson

Best known for being the father of The Rock, Johnson wrestled for over 20 years in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and up to 1991. He held the WWF Tag Team Championship with Tony Atlas in 1983 as "The Soul Patrol." He held titles in 12 different territories per Wikipedia.

Pampero Firpo

Firpo was commonly credited as the oldest living former pro wrestler. Despite being 5'8", he was a well known wildman brawler who inspired Randy Savage with his interview style. He faced Pedro Morales for the WWWF Heavyweight Championship twice and feuded with the Sheik. In an amusing turn of events, after retiring as a wrestler he worked at a post office where he helped mail Dave Meltzer's Wrestling Observer Newsletter in the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AAA LA Park and Japan's Kendo Nagasaki died

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rocky Johnson died!?! :aaa:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Rocky Johnson died!?! :aaa:

today

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Stampede Wrestling star Hercules Ayala died earlier this week.

I only know this because my wife works at a funeral home.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

He was also huge in WWC. I remember an fire match he had with Carlos Colon being on a cover a magazine.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Justice Pain passed away. He was the real life brother of Nick Gage and many time CZW World Champion. He was champion when the company really started getting big in 2001-2002, and even managed to win a war with XPW when XPW tried to make the ECW Arena their exclusive home. He wasn't the top star then, but he'd be the champion while Zandig did his big soap opera storylines over control of the company. Him feuding with Messiah was a real big deal at the time because of it. It might seem funny to say that but when ROH was starting out doing 400 fans in the Murphy Rec Center CZW could do 1,000+ in the Arena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgUPlhEMYXg

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
His match with Punk at ECW Arena in 2002 was, for the time, great - and it's funny to hear both Punk and Pain tried to disown it afterward to Zandig

Zandig sided with Pain, and CM Punk was never invited back to CZW

Well worth tracking down

RIP

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Wrong thread

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 25, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Apparently Justice Pain jumped off the Walt Whitman bridge which is incredibly depressing to think about.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Aw drat it. A suicide to boot. I don't even know Justice Pain or Nick Gage really but poo poo...gently caress.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Former PWG ring announcer Jon Ian passed away per Rick Knox and Excalibur 's twitters

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dr. Hannibal, former partner of Luther from AEW, has died on January 18 at age 56.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/CasanovaVal666/status/1258064014447390720

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Was Surpreme the one who lost a finger in a Rob Black related incident, or was that Messiah? I always confuse my XPW guys

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

forkboy84 posted:

Was Surpreme the one who lost a finger in a Rob Black related incident, or was that Messiah? I always confuse my XPW guys

That was Messiah.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This has already been discussed in the WWE thread, but Randaconda presumably missed that and made their own thread, quoting it for this one since it's better suited to the discussion.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Confirmed :smith:

https://twitter.com/AlexM_talkSPORT/status/1263102657310294017

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

loving riptides. loving stupid-rear end ocean.
At least now his family will be able to give him a proper rest.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, it's horrible but at least they have his body for at least some kind of closure.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

what a fuckin week

pour one out for Hana Kimura

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1264045951607386113

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what in the gently caress. That's horrible. RIP

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm shocked and heartbroken and I feel absolutely sick over this. gently caress.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Christ that sucks what a horrible week

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

gently caress YOU, 2020!

What is loving happening? It's like the universe is UNRAVELING.

Why can't people be NICE TO EACH OTHER?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just loving tragic, poor lady.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hiram posted:

gently caress YOU, 2020

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Jesus, she was only 22. :smith:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
gently caress, this week has sucked so bad. This is heart breaking.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The world is so full or horror and tragedy right now and I wish to god it would relent for one loving second.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I followed the first part of her situation last night after she posted the self harm tweet, and woke up to this news. WTF...

This World is a gently caress

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

super macho dude posted:

I followed the first part of her situation last night after she posted the self harm tweet, and woke up to this news. WTF...

This World is a gently caress

When someone crosses that threshold, no one should ever write it off as a cry for attention. They could literally be gone minutes afterwards, it's a race against the clock. It sounds like people close to her responded immediately but were still too late. It's unfortunate.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 14:25 on May 23, 2020

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I'm just really sad since this week a bunch of folks (including myself indirectly) are being put through some intense coordinated online harassment, being called toxic and awful. It's been going on off/on since 2018 :smith:

But loving 22 gently caress this world

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

People like Kairi, Io, and especially poor Jungle Kyona are going to carry "what-ifs" for the rest of their lives.

Edit for context: Kairi and Io both saw the self-harm tweets as they were being posted and immediately started making phone calls. Kairi got a hold of Kyona, who went in person to investigate but did not get there in time.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
The outpouring of love from seemingly everyone in the industry just makes it doubly sad because those voices were being drowned out by hate. Never stop telling people how much they mean to you

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i really like your avatar and your message. You are a good turtle to me.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1264152312957657089

"I don't know how to direct these feelings of sadness, and I don't know what I can say or how to say it..., but I remember how a young Hana-chan would often visit the arena with her grandma."

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1264164668215488514

"Before I moved to the States, for several years, every day I would get mail like 'die,' 'stop destroying joshi,' 'disappear from the industry' directed at me.
And today, it has been "how dare you not make any comment when others have."
It's scary how these people don't understand how these people are one and the same.

https://twitter.com/kimurarock/status/1264512342408065024

For Hana Kimura,

Everyone who supported her,
Befriended her,
Loved her,

I'm sorry for not being able to protect you,
I'm sorry for the sorrow you're feeling,

If you're feeling sad, Hana will feel sad too,
So please keep thoughts of Hana being happy and having fun in your hearts,

I will do my best to be stronger,
So that I can bring what Hana wanted to tell everyone to life

22 is no age to die, and no parent should ever have to bury their child.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Thank you for the translations. That helps a ton.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheProductDS/status/1267256092968603649?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/RickeyShanePage/status/1267324255982833664