Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Takoluka posted:

I see this every so often, and I don't recall the games or anything related referring to her age. She lives in her own house as a town guardian and has seemingly adult friends who also have their own homes. Did I miss something?
People online are freaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Takoluka posted:

I see this every so often, and I don't recall the games or anything related referring to her age. She lives in her own house as a town guardian and has seemingly adult friends who also have their own homes. Did I miss something?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Now STFU stop being weird and let people enjoy a cute af fun game

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The PC version of Slay the Spire updated with a new character. The Switch update is hopefully coming soon.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Even Sakurai didn't seem that enthused by Byleth. At least Byleth appears to play more like Simon/Richter than Marth/Roy/Ike/Chrom/Lucina.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If Waluigi becomes a full character, they'll have to take away his Assist Trophy.

I'd love for him to use all the items from the many sports games he's been in.
His final smash is that he comes to my house and is my friend.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Inzombiac posted:

If Waluigi becomes a full character, they'll have to take away his Assist Trophy.

No

At most they'll just have to make it not trigger if he is in a match, and they already do this with background elements like Dedede

Honestly I think it would be funny if he were in the game and an assist trophy. People still feature in other characters' final smashes and victory screens, after all.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

All the characters should have a chance as randomly coming out as an assist trophy at like AI level 4

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Kirby should be able to inhale and copy abilities from all assist trophies and pokemon

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Kirby in various costumes should replace all assist trophies and pokemon.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Bloop posted:

No

At most they'll just have to make it not trigger if he is in a match, and they already do this with background elements like Dedede

Honestly I think it would be funny if he were in the game and an assist trophy. People still feature in other characters' final smashes and victory screens, after all.

They already do something similar on certain stages, like the Majora’s Mask moon won’t ever spawn on the Great Bay stage and Alucard won’t ever spawn on the Wii Fit stage cause vampires don’t like mirrors.:lol:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SeANMcBAY posted:

They already do something similar on certain stages, like the Majora’s Mask moon won’t ever spawn on the Great Bay stage and Alucard won’t ever spawn on the Wii Fit stage cause vampires don’t like mirrors.:lol:
This sort of poo poo is why I love smash so much lol.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

Holy hell I literally had no idea! That explains SO MUCH, like why she looks and acts like an adult or why the games never called her a kid. poo poo, I take back what I said, stand corrected, and apologize for the misinformation!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

robot roll call posted:

You can totally ignore it. I've got like 3 levels left and I only did the first Joustus place, you get plenty of medals through the regular levels and the game never forces you to play.

This is the best news.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

PantsBandit posted:

Kirby in various costumes should replace all assist trophies and pokemon.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Cartoon Violence posted:

Edit: Also a warning to anyone who's interested in Dragon's Dogma. I went in knowing it was everyone'a favorite game ever, and I tries 3 separate times to get into the game before giving up. Each and every individual piece of the game, game play fragments, character creation combat music, atmosphere, was all perfect, yet when the game came together I just kept finding it a confusing miserable slog. I got up to the point where you get to the big city and literally every single random encounter or quest fight was a loving endless fight for survival on the easiest difficulty, fights that took so long that the enemy groups would just start respawning in the middle of it. I was constantly confused as to what exactly anything meant or what I was supposed to be doing or why or where or when. Do your research on the game before buying, I say.

I think the most important thing to know about Dragon's Dogma is that it wasn't a game that everybody loved. I've seen a lot of people who somehow got that impression, but it wasn't that well recieved when it came out. It was this weird game that was mostly overshadowed by Dark Souls, but still managed to become a cult classic so that when it was re-released, enough of a fanbase had trickled in to make a bigger impression than you might otherwise expect.

It has a whole lot of cool ideas, especially the magic system if you haven't given that a try, but it was also built around making transit from place to place arduous during the day and extremely dangerous at night. If you don't find the combat fun, then by all means don't play, but I hope you find some fun in it eventually.

The game actually had a demo back on the PS3, it seems wrong that they didn't port that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dragon's Dogma is eurojank made in Japan

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

DD is a game about how loving dark it is at night.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

One thing that new players should probably know about DD is you should mainline the story until about 3-4 hours in. Trying to venture off the beaten path will get you utterly hosed up. Once you have had some time to upgrade gear and skills though it opens up a lot more.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

SelenicMartian posted:

DD is a game about how loving dark it is at night.

And how many billions of wolves there are in the world

DD is worth doing a mage run just to have fun bringing down Armageddon from the sky with the high level magic

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Basically it's a Japanese Gothic.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I always feel like I played a completely different Dragon's Dogma than everyone else. Bounced off the ps3 and PC versions extremely hard.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

metroidvanias are mostly trash except for metroid zero mission. that ones good

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's a game that either clicks with you or it doesn't, if you don't like it at first it doesn't get much better. If you do it gets loving amazing.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I always feel like I played a completely different Dragon's Dogma than everyone else. Bounced off the ps3 and PC versions extremely hard.

everyone did. only like 10% of people who recommend dragon's dogma have played it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Weedle posted:

everyone did. only like 10% of people who recommend dragon's dogma have played it

I think you misspelled 100%

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Heath posted:

It's a game that either clicks with you or it doesn't, if you don't like it at first it doesn't get much better. If you do it gets loving amazing.

Disagree. I thought it was trash at first because you don't unlock any of the fun combat abilities until several hours in and every random bandit can kill you.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

PantsBandit posted:

Disagree. I thought it was trash at first because you don't unlock any of the fun combat abilities until several hours in and every random bandit can kill you.

There is that, yeah. Like I said the Armageddon level spells are a ton of fun

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

neonchameleon posted:

Even Sakurai didn't seem that enthused by Byleth. At least Byleth appears to play more like Simon/Richter than Marth/Roy/Ike/Chrom/Lucina.
Yeah, FE is a series that Sakurai memorized 17 titles of and counted them off in binary in between gushing about the series' history and importance. He was probably pretty bummed about having to work on Byleth.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Dragons dogma is actually incredible and notable for being one of a handful of games rhat understands night is actually supposed to be dark.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

neonchameleon posted:

If Sakurai or the Japanese market want something then they’ll get it. Despite foreign markets being more lucrative, everyone else doesn’t matter at all to the development of the game. No matter how lame the decision

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Weedle posted:

metroidvanias are mostly trash except for metroid zero mission. that ones good

what the!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Wolves are weak to fire! - my pawn, before casting Ice Brand on my weapon every fight

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Terminal autist posted:

Dragons dogma is actually incredible and notable for being one of a handful of games rhat understands night is actually supposed to be dark.

Dark and scary. It's the only game where traveling at night is really stressful

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dragon's Dogma rules I've bought it like 5 times now. At some point I'll have to buy the Switch version, but I guess I'll do that next time I feel like playing it.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

With all these game delays going on and Nintendo being really loving weird promoting everything else but it, I'm terrified Animal Crossing is going to get delayed again.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Shammypants posted:

If Sakurai or the Japanese market want something then they’ll get it. Despite foreign markets being more lucrative, everyone else doesn’t matter at all to the development of the game. No matter how lame the decision

Aren't there characters that are in mostly due to western hype? Little Mac, Banjo-Kazooie, King K Rool, and so on?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Mega64 posted:

Aren't there characters that are in mostly due to western hype? Little Mac, Banjo-Kazooie, King K Rool, and so on?

Yes. There are characters that got a hyped reaction in the west that got relatively tepid reaction in Japan.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Japanese referred to Ridley as "Captain America" over how aimed at US audiences his inclusion was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Policenaut posted:

The Japanese referred to Ridley as "Captain America" over how aimed at US audiences his inclusion was.

Sadly that one is an urban myth, as amazing as that nickname is for him.