Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ive not watched wwe since summerslam and i usually like the rumble. Is i t going to be worth it to watch the rumble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I'm a little bit curious what they'll do to get Brock out of there for the majority of the Rumble, I don't think he'll get eliminated early but I'm certain he won't go an hour.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

In partial answer to my own question the fact that you went to a monthly thread doesn't bode well

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The men's Rumble is going to be the Brock Lesnar show. The woman's could be interesting but will likely be won by a surprise entrance by Shana or Charlotte. Becky vs Asuka will be fine but Asuka has zero credibility. We also have very little of the mania card at this point besides Roman vs Bray and Shana/Charlotte vs Becky so it's hard to get excited.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'll always watch rumble. It's always good fun

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the rumble hasnt been fun since like 2001

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Namtab posted:

Ive not watched wwe since summerslam and i usually like the rumble. Is i t going to be worth it to watch the rumble?

I've been struggling with this question as well. The rumble almost always owns but...there are a lot of things I need to catch up on that I could do instead.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Brock will probably dominate about the first third of the Rumble. Then Cain will come out and eliminate him (and himself), setting up their Wrestlemania match. The middle third will be when the underused midcarders get to do some fun stuff, probably a new Kofi spot. Then Roman will come out around 25 and have to overcome the odds against Corbin and all of his assorted boring heel crew.

So, overall the match will be fun enough for the first half and an absolute slog for the end part. But maybe the fans will learn to start booing Roman again, if there are any fans left that aren't absolute mouthbreathing WWE stan idiots.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Really looking towards all the hot takes about how "THE FANS SHOULDN'T BOO THE GUY THAT SURVIVED CANCER"

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Actually I lied. I'm not looking forward to them at all.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
The Royal Rumble has turned around in the past couple of years, to the point that it's fun enough in a vacuum.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
In unrelated news, John Cena is one of the top worldwide Twitter trends right now.

for talking about his love of Korean boy band BTS on James Corden's show last night lol he rules

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I wanna get hyped for Bryan/Fiend just for Bryan getting into angry American Dragon Mode post haircut, if there wasn’t a giant flashing sign screaming Roman gets to hand Fiend his first clean pinfall loss at Mania like Cena did to Rusev years ago because Vince is so boring and predictable.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Prediction: Only surprise re Brock/Caine eliminating each other will be that it happens really really early into the match. I'm talking third or fourth entry will be Caine sneaking onto Lesnar and throwing him out.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Namtab posted:

No, there's much better stuff you can watch. Friends don't let friends watch WWE.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I was wondering how the Women's rumble is shaping up participant wise.

2018 had 18 main roster women. 2 NXT women, and 10 people that were retired/returned.
2019 had 24 main roster women, 5 NXT US, 1 NXT UK, and no retired/returning. The NXT talent were all top tier as well for the most part (Xia Li, Kairi Sane, Candice LaRae, Kacy Catanzaro, Io Shirai, Rhea Ripley)

So how does the roster shape up this year?

Raw has 10 when you remove Asuka, Becky, Maria, Nia, Ruby, and Ronda.
Smackdown has 9 when you remove Bayley, Ember, and Mickie.

That leaves 11 people to fill out the rumble with these talent pools to dip into:
NXT US = 16 women
NXT UK = 9 women
Performance Center = 5 women (Kavita Devi, Kayden Carter, Mercedes Martinez, Santana Garret, Shotzi Blackheart). Basically people featured on NXT TV.

So they are going to need some help from NXT fleshing out those remaining 11 spots. Even if Ronda, Nia, and Ruby return, that's still 8 spots when they most they did last year was 6 form NXT.

Will be interesting to see how they do it. The rumble is always full of surprises

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Sean Ross Sapp mentioned in the Fightful Select Q&A I guess that there are no plans right now to include NXT in the Royal Rumble this year, which is...mindboggling.

On another note, I guess advertising is starting to go out for the next Saudi show, and the advertised main event is The Fiend vs Kane for the Universal Title.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kayden is considered NXT now I think. She's had regular matches in the last 2 months.

She's in that pre being assigned a character jobber phase.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DarkstarIV posted:

Sean Ross Sapp mentioned in the Fightful Select Q&A I guess that there are no plans right now to include NXT in the Royal Rumble this year, which is...mindboggling.
So they prove without a doubt that a good pay per view performance for NXT bumps NXT ratings in a noticeable way.

Then they follow this up by having no takeover with the rumble, so there's no cross-promotion, and removing NXT from the rumble which makes the women's rumble way less feasible and makes the men's rumble way way more boring while not giving NXT that bump.

I don't know if we should believe anything from WWE but if that's the plan it amazes me how bad WWE is at operation.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

DarkstarIV posted:

the advertised main event is The Fiend vs Kane for the Universal Title.

If this goes more than two minutes it'll be the WMOTY.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm seriously considering reupping my WWE network sub for the Rumble after cancelling when Brock won MitB last year

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i think Vince told Kane to run for mayor just so he could make a politician dress up and wrestle for him in Saudi Arabia

edit: i guess this spoils something, i fixed it

Shayna Baszler fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 16, 2020

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

On another note, I guess advertising is starting to go out for the next Saudi show, and the advertised main event is The Fiend vs Kane for the Universal Title.
:hmbol:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DarkstarIV posted:

No loving way lmfao.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Not gonna lie, it'll get a legit pop out of me if The Fiend gets pinned after 1 spear.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

DarkstarIV posted:

Of loving course it is :cripes:

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Looks like Red Light's going over.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i was born in the red light, you merely adopted it.

hahaha i got to the stupid joke first, suck my rear end in a top hat. if you watch wwe programming you shouldn't be allowed to vote or drive a car.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cams posted:

i was born in the red light, you merely adopted it.

hahaha i got to the stupid joke first, suck my rear end in a top hat. if you watch wwe programming you shouldn't be allowed to vote or drive a car.

if you work for WWE you shouldn't be allowed drive a car

because you're probably under the influence

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Namtab posted:

Is i t going to be worth it to watch the rumble?

Yes. WWE may be terrible at the moment but the Rumble is always a fun time even if you don't like the ending/eventual winner. There's almost always enough fun going on in the matches themselves, and especially if you take part in the Royal Rumble Roulette you can have a blast pulling for your team to win.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Yes. WWE may be terrible at the moment but the Rumble is always a fun time even if you don't like the ending/eventual winner. There's almost always enough fun going on in the matches themselves, and especially if you take part in the Royal Rumble Roulette you can have a blast pulling for your team to win.

Usually, but this one does have the Brock question.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh I'm just naturally assuming that Keith Lee eliminates Brock in the first 30 seconds of the match.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DarkstarIV posted:

Well it's impossible based on the roster, so it's clear that he has the scoops.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Usually, but this one does have the Brock question.

he hangs over this year’s Rumble like a hilariously phallic sword of Damocles

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

How many guys do you think Keith Lee is gonna eliminate before he wins? Only 13, or as many as 18?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

PantherWill posted:

Looks like Red Light's going over.

I told them to gimme the GREEN light!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

How many guys do you think Keith Lee is gonna eliminate before he wins? Only 13, or as many as 18?

He's gonna come out as number 2, get unceremoniously murdered by Brock and relegated to a comedy dancing gimmick :goodshit:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
He’s gonna eliminate one guy for a funny gif and then get dumped out by Kane and big show

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I assume the Kane match will put over the power of the red light so when roman faces the fiend at mania Pitbull will come out and give Roman the power of the returning Green Light theme song. Remixed with the oooouaaaahhh thing Roman does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm going to watch the Royal Rumble. And i am sory.