Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
They released keys for BL2 for the longest time and still may be so it's not like you'll ever really run out. You just may have to wait a bit for new key codes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Black Griffon posted:

Should I use all gold keys the moment I hit 50 or is there some reason to wait?

I'd say they're more useful pre-50 and will only get less useful as you get more legendaries. Just pop em.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I beat Wotan on Mayhem 1 as Amara earlier, I'm glad for this scaling version so I can actually see what the Takedown is like for myself, Wotan itself was real rough, more for the thousands of rockets and never-ending gunfire coming from it.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Oh I am past 50, I was more wondering if there was some trickery that meant I should do certain content that would up my maximum gearscore or something. Doesn't sound like it, time for keys!

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Black Griffon posted:

Oh I am past 50, I was more wondering if there was some trickery that meant I should do certain content that would up my maximum gearscore or something. Doesn't sound like it, time for keys!

Once you hit 50 use your keys.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Anyone else finding selling inventory really tedious now? Once you skip some things to sell and move down your list it keeps reverting back to the top after each sale and you have to move back to where you were. Super annoying.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

cage-free egghead posted:

Anyone else finding selling inventory really tedious now? Once you skip some things to sell and move down your list it keeps reverting back to the top after each sale and you have to move back to where you were. Super annoying.

GBX breaks the UI in some way with literally every update.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Seems to only happen when messing with setting items as junk. But yeah. Gbx

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Uh maybe a dumb question... How do you redo the takedown after completing it?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Maliwan Takedown sucks. WOTAN is a lovely boss and the lack if checkpoints is just an annoying design choice.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

This thing has made every other weapon I have redundant. It's a nine shot, ammo efficient, rapid fire shotgun that melts everything I point it at on Mayhem 2, and with FL4K's crit skills I can get like twenty shots before having to reload. It ain't a sniper, but that doesn't matter if I survive the approach.

Edit: 36 shots before reload on the firing range.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 17, 2020

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Niwrad posted:

The Maliwan Takedown sucks. WOTAN is a lovely boss and the lack if checkpoints is just an annoying design choice.

Ghast Call fucks him up, like it does with every boss, there's no need to think of the Takedown again once the event ends, which is nice.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

Ghast Call fucks him up, like it does with every boss, there's no need to think of the Takedown again once the event ends, which is nice.

It’s got some good/interesting loot.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Wotan feels much better now that he's scaled to group size. My coop partner and I are going to grind out a Redistributor this weekend, hopefully!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Post nerf, I think if you're going to use the ion cannon you'll want one with an expanded mag alongside a mag relic, otherwise you're getting 2 shots before a long reload. 2x (annexed) was always preferable but now it's a must because it's only one more ammo per shot (7 instead of 6) which in most cases will mean the same number of shots per mag. And you'll need a source of ammo regen. You can also do the absorb shield trick with the transformer for a few more shots if your cannon is shock (shoot at your legs and hope the missiles are absorbed---this obviously only works offensively at melee range).

Not really seeing more legendaries this event, but more anointments for sure.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 17, 2020

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Black Griffon posted:

This thing has made every other weapon I have redundant. It's a nine shot, ammo efficient, rapid fire shotgun that melts everything I point it at on Mayhem 2, and with FL4K's crit skills I can get like twenty shots before having to reload. It ain't a sniper, but that doesn't matter if I survive the approach.

I have 3 or 4 Maggies and I typically always walk around with one no matter which character I'm using because once in a while I realize the other stuff I have on me isn't doing the job and in those situations Maggie always comes through. It's probably the most consistently strong weapon in the game. Others might be better in specific situations against specific enemies but the Maggie kills anything.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Post nerf, I think if you're going to use the ion cannon you'll want one with an expanded mag alongside a mag relic, otherwise you're getting 2 shots before a long reload. 2x (annexed) was always preferable but now it's a must because it's only one more ammo per shot (7 instead of 6) which in most cases will mean the same number of shots per mag. And you'll need a source of ammo regen. You can also do the absorb shield trick with the transformer for a few more shots if your cannon is shock (shoot at your legs and hope the missiles are absorbed---this obviously only works offensively at melee range).

Not really seeing more legendaries this event, but more anointments for sure.

I wonder if it would be faster to swap to the omniloader and reload.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Black Griffon posted:

If you want a sniper replacement, you want an Unforgiven to go with that Maggie.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/GearboxOfficial/status/1218233115296124936?s=20

lol gearbox

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Having a Corrosive Heartbreaker has now made Wotan a hell of a lot easier now, my Shock/Rad Ion Laser is still the MVP of the Takedown though.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Rinkles posted:

lol gearbox

I don't get it, they're fixing something that people reported on in less than 24 hours. What's funny about that?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I don't get it, they're fixing something that people reported on in less than 24 hours. What's funny about that?

It’s got a 90% chance of bugging the UI again.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

that they constantly have these mishaps

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
:shrug: at least they're doing something...? Drop rates for only a few individual characters is hardly an issue imo

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

If this were the only thing, then nobody would say anything. Don’t get me wrong it’s not a broken mess, but so far off the top of my head they have broken for no apparent reason and not fixed:
- noticeable inventory lag
- “connected to the network” messages when resuming from PS4 sleep that stay on the screen forever 80% of the times I start the game
- chucking grenades instead of using my powers randomly between 10 and 60% of the time trying (I NEVER had this problem at launch)
- you have to press down THEN right to select your weapons. If you just press right the cursor goes into some kind of limbo that you can’t see (I don’t remember this being an issue at launch, but I could be wrong)

And that’s not talking about all the things they broke but then fixed like not being able to mark weapons as junk, inventory icons being wrong until you select something, etc etc

Whoever their UI QA engineers are should be reassigned to play testing.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Doctor Zero posted:

- you have to press down THEN right to select your weapons. If you just press right the cursor goes into some kind of limbo that you can’t see (I don’t remember this being an issue at launch, but I could be wrong)

This is happening on xbox too and it is infuriating

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Seems to only happen when messing with setting items as junk. But yeah. Gbx

This has been the case for me since launch.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
So what are drop rates looking like overall compared to BL2/TPS? Have they improved things to where you wouldn't feel the need to use a CheatEngine trainer to boost them?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

So what are drop rates looking like overall compared to BL2/TPS? Have they improved things to where you wouldn't feel the need to use a CheatEngine trainer to boost them?

Night and day, legenderies drop regularly and it only gets better with the higher mayhem modes.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

There almost seems no point in the golden chest anymore as the deep rates are so high. I'm swimming in purples so much that I'm leaving them behind.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I just sell everything that's not a legendary at this point. Sure there's purps that are highly effective, but it's easier to ignore them.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Took Wotan out again, still no driver mod. I might just buy one from eBay.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Sex Hobbit posted:

If you want a sniper replacement, you want an Unforgiven to go with that Maggie.

I don't have an Unforgiven yet, but I did just pick up a Carrier, and boy howdy is this just an incredible piece of untethered death.

(also I mentioned earlier that I play on mayhem 2, but it's TVHM may2, so everything is just very deadly)

edit: oh my god will you JUST have the conversation AUTOPLAY instead of having me "talk to" loving everyone

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 18, 2020

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I've managed 2 Redistributor drops from Wotan in the event, both anointed, both for characters I don't play, both with disappointing elements.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

thought i had all the weapon skins, but today i found 2 new ones today. must've glanced over them before because they were white rarity. think cosmetics should've just had their own dedicated color, cause you're bound to miss some of the lower rarity ones, and it'd avoid the feelbad of a legendary turning out to be a skin you've already seen a million times.

went back to leveling moze after playing a bunch with zane and amara. i don't mind iron bear as much as i did before, but i don't like that the action skill disrupts the game flow. i want to be playing either as moze or the mech, not so much jumping between the two.

e:how's iron bear scale with mayhem? i know it used to be a problem.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 18, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Honestly, make all cosmetics legendaries.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is the skip-to-sanctuary thing live

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Black Griffon posted:

Honestly, make all cosmetics legendaries.

That and just stop loving dropping the Already Known ones. Obviously they have some way of flagging them under the hood, why even bother if they have no value like they did in 2?

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
I beat the scaled takedown on M1 and I can’t imagine trying to do it on M4. I feel like I have p good gear but that huge bump in stats on M4 :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Took Wotan out again, still no driver mod. I might just buy one from eBay.

Farm the rare spawn on m4. I got a few in about 30min of just booking it to him yesterday. Ignore everything and just hardcore parkour your way in. A doggo might follow you but they're not bad to kill solo. Especially with a cutsman.

Still no anointed one but whatever it's quick.