Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

blacksocks posted:

Aeon Flux full TV show, in good quality (there are YouTube versions with distortion to avoid copyright take down)

There was a DVD boxed set in I wanna say 2008. There was also an earlier DVD from like 1999 (I own both).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Yond Cassius posted:

Not "Jump Around", but maybe this was related?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-VEMVAB1hc

YES!!!! Someone synced Jump Around to it, ok, I’m not crazy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ItsDisposable posted:

This has to be him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Cowan_Smith. It's the National Gallery of Scotland.
holy poo poo this is totally it, thank you

the painting sucks so hard:
https://www.nationalgalleries.org/art-and-artists/4878/callum

blacksocks
Feb 20, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

There was a DVD boxed set in I wanna say 2008. There was also an earlier DVD from like 1999 (I own both).

Thanks! And they also have The Maxx! (I'm old)

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i didn't manage to read this story before it was pulled: http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/fall_01_20/ it was titled "I identify sexually as an attack helicopter" and it was about the connection between an android soldier and their equipment-self.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Aww, I think the dog painting is pretty good compared to what I imagined!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i didn't manage to read this story before it was pulled: http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/fall_01_20/ it was titled "I identify sexually as an attack helicopter" and it was about the connection between an android soldier and their equipment-self.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200109113645/http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/fall_01_20/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zushio posted:

Dirk Gently was good and I'm sad they didn't make more seasons. It has the weirdest tonal whiplash of any show I've ever seen.

It was great but it was made by notable pervert Max Landis

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Mine's an old SA thread that was posted in GBS that I think was sometime a bit after I registered ('04/'05). In the thread, the OP writes about how he runs several miles a day, and is sometimes afflicted by a syndrome he refers to as "Running Induced Craps" or "RICs" as he abbreviates them. Anyways, one day in the middle of his seven mile run he suddenly feels the need to take a massive poo poo, but there's nowhere along his running route to do so. He runs the remaining few miles and starts getting close to his house when he can't hold it anymore and tries ducking into a bush or something to poo poo, but instead ends up spraying poo poo all over some dude's car who is driving by. The guy gets out of the car to confront the goon and the they write something along the lines of "I didn't know what else to do, so I poo poo on him while running away" and the poo poo splashes all over the guy's pants while he just stands there horrified.

It is concluded with the OP stating that "so not only did I poo poo my pants, but I poo poo someone else's pants also".

I crack up laughing every time I think of this post, but have never been able to find it and putting "Running Induced Craps" into the awful search engine doesn't return anything. Anyone else remember this?

I remember this thread, I think the car was specifically a BMW if that helps.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

blacksocks posted:

Aeon Flux full TV show, in good quality (there are YouTube versions with distortion to avoid copyright take down)

I could send it to you.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

DACK FAYDEN posted:

holy poo poo this is totally it, thank you

the painting sucks so hard:
https://www.nationalgalleries.org/art-and-artists/4878/callum

The dead rat really sells it.

(for real, though, as an art student that story is wild, thanks for sharing it)

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I think that "I identify as an attack helicopter" is predated by this weird webcomic where one of the characters is an attack helicopter. And there's this weird arc where the zombie girl secretary has to go through ninja training to become a notary public. They all worked at some kind of government office specializing in cryptid services, like tax collecting and marriage licences.

The art was not great, but the writing was weirdly compelling at the time.

edit: Oh dang, found it. It's Skin Horse. http://skin-horse.com/ Gonna re-read that.
editedit: Holy poo poo it's STILL UPDATING AFTER 12 YEARS

editeditedit: I also totally forgot that their boss is a swarm of bees. I remembered correctly, this comic is very compelling.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 16, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
For the longest time I thought it was just a non-mean spirited joke akin to that guy who played second life as an A-10 Warthog and hit on women with airplane puns. Man was I in for a surprise :negative:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Now I'm really digging deep

CFL football game.

Montreal Alouettes

September 14th, 2003.

Near the end if the game, the loving MASCOT gets a penalty for loving with the ref.

I saw it live, and it's been 16 years I've been trying to find the footage from that incident (it aired on TSN)

Long shot, I know.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Suspect Bucket posted:

I think that "I identify as an attack helicopter" is predated by this weird webcomic where one of the characters is an attack helicopter. And there's this weird arc where the zombie girl secretary has to go through ninja training to become a notary public. They all worked at some kind of government office specializing in cryptid services, like tax collecting and marriage licences.

The art was not great, but the writing was weirdly compelling at the time.

edit: Oh dang, found it. It's Skin Horse. http://skin-horse.com/ Gonna re-read that.
editedit: Holy poo poo it's STILL UPDATING AFTER 12 YEARS

editeditedit: I also totally forgot that their boss is a swarm of bees. I remembered correctly, this comic is very compelling.

there's a weird thing where all the webcomics that started off as gag-a-day strips but then had weird cerberus very srs plot twists and wrapped up in like 2005 came back 5-6 years later for one final hurrah since nothing the artists had made since then were even as remotely as successful.

fuckin dominic deegam is running again.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
If Exploitation Now! Comes back I'm buying AOL stock.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Finally, Cheap Thrills will give me an ending.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
I’ve been searching for years for a clear quality copy of this film.

https://youtu.be/9BaF-YgmBNk

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

Evil Vin posted:

I've got two from when I was a kid

1) it's a cartoon, I think an anime about a guy who fights in some sort of robot armor that has some timer of like 28 minutes or something. Anything longer will make him go crazy, it might have happened previously to his brother or another family member. This was on I feel like upn (or whatever wwor was previous to upn) on like a Sunday in '94 or '95 probably on a bkn block.

2) it's a movie of the week from the mid 90s I think. It's about a genius who finds out his whole life is a lie. Like his wife is a scientist who was working on the project and he's like it was all real and she's like you can do complex things but you can't do simple things try to tie your shoes and he can't. There's some sort of bomb involved that only he can solve. My parents put me to sleep before I got to see the end and I'm still curious what happened 20 years later.

Not sure if this was ever answered but #1 is called Teknoman. In Japan it was called Tekkaman Blade. It’s what my avatar is from.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Rikimaru posted:

Not sure if this was ever answered but #1 is called Teknoman. In Japan it was called Tekkaman Blade. It’s what my avatar is from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MURDGxx7FJo

You only need to watch the first two minutes and thirty-five seconds of this video in order to see one of the funniest things you will ever see.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Milo and POTUS posted:

It was great but it was made by notable pervert Max Landis

The Stephen Mangan version of Dirk Gently that came out like 2 years before the Landis one is so much better it's ridiculous

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MURDGxx7FJo

You only need to watch the first two minutes and thirty-five seconds of this video in order to see one of the funniest things you will ever see.

This all checks out. Also, wrong Tekkaman.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

FilthyImp posted:

If Exploitation Now! Comes back I'm buying AOL stock.

Looks like it had a handful of blog posts in 2013 talking about some health scares that the dude went through: http://www.exploitationnow.com/page/2

edit- oh he's not dead, he has a new new comic with art indistinguishable from anything else he made: http://www.doesnotplaywellwithothers.com/

edit edit- what was that webcomic where everyone was a cube drawn in isometric proportions

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 16, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Milo and POTUS posted:

There was some girl who made kinda neat poo poo and she died in a hiking accident and my vague google searches get vague google results

I found her btw, thank you anyway

Still looking for

Milo and POTUS posted:

The real ultimate power movie.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

edit edit- what was that webcomic where everyone was a cube drawn in isometric proportions

Isometric

https://web.archive.org/web/20070126101124/http://isometric.sixsided.org/

Phy fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 17, 2020

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
. . . why did i think any of this was good?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Unfortunately that's not a question the wayback machine has an answer to

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I would like to know what the hell was up with hatshoe. It was a website with some scans of handwritten pages like a journal. It was maybe an ARG, or just some weird art thing. It seemed like it came out of nowhere with no purpose, and then disappeared with no fanfare, but everything about it was bizarrely intriguing to me. I really wish it had been "solved" or would just love to know what the creator was going for.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Section 9 posted:

I would like to know what the hell was up with hatshoe. It was a website with some scans of handwritten pages like a journal. It was maybe an ARG, or just some weird art thing. It seemed like it came out of nowhere with no purpose, and then disappeared with no fanfare, but everything about it was bizarrely intriguing to me. I really wish it had been "solved" or would just love to know what the creator was going for.

Same but for Neurocam.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

. . . why did i think any of this was good?

Could be worse, you could have been a Sluggy or QC fan.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Same but for Neurocam.

you're in luck, the guy who made neurocam did his thesis on it

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

R.L. Stine posted:

you're in luck, the guy who made neurocam did his thesis on it

Wow thanks!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

~Coxy posted:

Could be worse, you could have been a Sluggy or QC fan.

QC was fun when i was a lovely hipster also living in western mass occasionally appearing as a beligerrent hobo in the background of some early comics

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Section 9 posted:

About deleted sites there was one site made by a guy with fake artwork and scans that stated that Sega was going to re-enter the home console market taking the role of third home console maker back from Microsoft and used every single patent or japanese P.R. about arcade hardware, which was based on Windows XP Embedded, as definitive proof. I hope someone archived it because it was simply hilarious.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I binge-read all QC from beginning to end in 2008 and asked myself what the gently caress I was thinking when I was done and lmao at the prospect of attempting to pick up where I left off.

FilthyImp posted:

Revenge of the Nerds.

It's the infamous date rape scene because she thought Darth guy was the hoke she was dating.
Yeah, just looked up the scene and that's definitely it, thanks. I'm sure I did actually watch Revenge of the Nerds at some point so idk how I didn't make the connection...

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

John Titor. Not all the forum posts or anything, the person. Did you make it back to your timeline, Mr. Titor?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Pretty good posted:

I binge-read all QC from beginning to end in 2008 and asked myself what the gently caress I was thinking when I was done and lmao at the prospect of attempting to pick up where I left off.

I have Stockholm Syndrome from having followed it so long, so I still read it.

Currently, Faye is loving a robot. No, seriously, she's living and sleeping with a robot. It's like 90% robots/AI's, and 10% hipster slice-of-life now (though funny enough, we almost never see Pintsize, the original robot of the strip, anymore). Sometimes Dora will show up after months of not seeing her and I'm like "oh yeah, this used to be about indie kids in a coffee shop!" You absolutely would not be able to pop back in and have a clue what's going on

But for some reason I still start my day with it, like a boomer needing their morning newspaper. Maybe it just helps me poop, like my coffee and a cigarette.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
You know he wants to just do something else, but is raking in waaaaayyyyy too much cash to stop squeezing blood from this rock anytime soon. And it's not like he could even spin this off since it's not like spinoff webcomics ever do as well as their original sources.

so, here's a white whale i don't want to find, but since we're talking webcomics, remember when the megatokyo dude tried spinning off some PG-13 grade fanart of his own characters as it's own unconnected site, and it was basically pegged as being officially from him the second someone found it, because no one else sketches anime girls lookin like an entire case study on fetal alcohol syndrome quite as hard as Piro.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I'm trying to rediscover a movie with a particular scene that freaked the poo poo out of 7 year old me. I think it's from the 70s or early 80s...

It has this scene where a guy is on fire and there's two guys trying to put it out, hitting him with coats and whatever if I'm remembering well. I guess it was on a street at night.

Then it cuts to a scene where two guys (I guess the same who tried to save him) are watching him laid down with burn injuries all over his body and breathing heavily, quite gruesome.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

there was this old video years ago where there's a guy sitting on the couch playing games or whatever, and his friend bursts in the door and yells "i got a fisheye lens!" and then the guy on the couch goes "you know what that means" and the camera zooms in on his face and he yells "motherfuckin skate videos!"

somethin like that anyway

so uh be cool if u had a link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

there was this old video years ago where there's a guy sitting on the couch playing games or whatever, and his friend bursts in the door and yells "i got a fisheye lens!" and then the guy on the couch goes "you know what that means" and the camera zooms in on his face and he yells "motherfuckin skate videos!"

somethin like that anyway

so uh be cool if u had a link

here ya go buster