Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I can't wait for World's Collide

I hadn't realized but it's the same weekend as the Rumble (right?) which I guess makes sense for getting the most eyes on it but also feels like it is overcrowding/diluting the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

I hadn't realized but it's the same weekend as the Rumble (right?) which I guess makes sense for getting the most eyes on it but also feels like it is overcrowding/diluting the weekend.
Overcrowding it as compared to what?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spiderdrake posted:

Overcrowding it as compared to what?

I mean having NXT and NXT UK's big tournament happening the same weekend as the Rumble as opposed to its own standalone weekend where it gets all the attention to itself.

Like, I get the idea is that WWE thinks people are going to be excited enough for the Rumble that they'll check out the NXT stuff the day before, but I think given how long the PPVs tend to run for now there's a good chance people will see World's Collide as something that can be missed or that's it's just a bit too much.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hell, most of the Rumble I'm gonna fast-forward

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Considering my luck with roulettes, I predict I get Titus as my number. Think my best rumble roulette so far was a pre-Man Becky.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I will "watch" the Royal Rumble and post in the GDT most likely, unless I fall asleep. It's Sunday night and i'll be drinking so it could go either way.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I won the Royal Rumble Roulette in the year 2009. it was most likely some of the reason that i began posting here regularly. Due to the fame from it. used to get a lot of PMs about it. Randy Orton is the reason I am here hurting or improving your posting experience.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cavauro is orton spelled backwards

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
CavauRKO

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I mean having NXT and NXT UK's big tournament happening the same weekend as the Rumble as opposed to its own standalone weekend where it gets all the attention to itself.

Like, I get the idea is that WWE thinks people are going to be excited enough for the Rumble that they'll check out the NXT stuff the day before, but I think given how long the PPVs tend to run for now there's a good chance people will see World's Collide as something that can be missed or that's it's just a bit too much.

It's just replacing a Takeover that would normally be there.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Some guys at work are doing a draw. Ten bucks buy in. I’ll buy
In but probably won’t watch

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Aphrodite posted:

It's just replacing a Takeover that would normally be there.

isn't there a Takeover in a few weeks?

Feels like we haven't gotten a proper Takeover in quite some time.

SummerSlam/Toronto was in August, then we had WarGames where none of the titles were on the line, now we have this Worlds Colide thing, and Portland is Mid February.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Astro7x posted:

SummerSlam/Toronto was in August, then we had WarGames where none of the titles were on the line, now we have this Worlds Colide thing, and Portland is Mid February.

It's some kind of experiment to see if Takeovers can stand on their own but since the Rumble is a Big 4 and those are all expected to be 4 day events now, they added this.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Astro7x posted:

Yeah, if the schedule last year was anything to go by, we'll have the following over the next year or so: Worlds Collide (Jan), Takeover: Portland (Feb), Takeover: Tampa (Apr), Takeover TBA (June/July), Takeover: Boston (August), Takeover: TBA (November).

That's assuming WWE doesn't stick to their guns and decide to run Takeovers on Sundays regularly. Since the Portland one is taking place on that day.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
They're trying a lot of new things with NXT, even adding a Saudi Takeover: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabian-led_intervention_in_Yemen

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I will have just returned from Seattle back to Austin waking up super goddamn early for our flight and will most likely watch parts of the Rumble, drink point and laugh but be too tired to make it all the way through.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm gonna force my friends to watch it :discourse:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Worlds Collide is just a fancy name for Takeover. That's just Big Name NXT person vs Named NXT UK person. There's probably Axxess stuff that they'd normally have that's also Worlds Collide related but who nkows

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
its really cool how the E waters down an already dilluted product

MORE PPVS!
MORE BELTS!

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Incessant Excess posted:

They're trying a lot of new things with NXT, even adding a Saudi Takeover: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabian-led_intervention_in_Yemen

MAMA MIA, IT'S AN ARAB SPRINGBOARD FROM THE VELVETEEN DREAM. EXECUTED PERFECTLY JUST LIKE THAT AMERICAN JOURNALIST--HEY WAIT WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME. THE KING'S HENCHMEN ARE CARRYING ME AWAY, JUST LIKE ADAM COLE HAS CARRIED THE UNDISPUTED ERA TO THE TOP OF NXT.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Zeta Acosta posted:

its really cool how the E waters down an already dilluted product

MORE PPVS!
MORE BELTS!

WWE in 2019 had more PPVs and more Titles than when WCW and WWF combined when both existed.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

It's some kind of experiment to see if Takeovers can stand on their own but since the Rumble is a Big 4 and those are all expected to be 4 day events now, they added this.
That's the joke. J-Ru is complaining about this, when last year, they had worlds collide and a takeover and a rumble on the same weekend.

There are less events.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Charlotte opened up about Kairi's injury at TLC and...its a thing.

quote:

talkSPORT managed to catch Charlotte in London promoting WWE’s move to BT Sport in the UK this week and we asked her if Sane’s injury affected what they were planning to do in the match and how it was coping with such a bad injury in a big match like that.

“It didn’t in the moment,” Charlotte started when asked if it changed the match. “I guess, everyone, how they felt afterwards is what made them feel different. In the moment, it was more it’s a tough spot. It’s the main event of a brutal pay-per-view and everyone has already seen Tables, Ladders and Chairs.

“It’s feeding off the crowd, going with the crowd and feeding off their reactions. So I didn’t really think anything until after. Obviously Kairi was hurt, but in the match I’m just thinking ‘how do we keep people invested?’ with them already seeing so many different TLC, brutal matches. You’ve already seen a kendo stick, you’ve already seen a chair, you’ve seen a ladder, a table.

“And the pressure of us delivering that, with a weird dynamic seeing me and Becky tag? To me, me and Becky tagging is more what I was thinking about. How does that come across and how our characters should be interacting on television. How do you go from this [indicates high level] to all of a sudden, they’re tagging? We had the let’s fight the enemy because we have a common enemy. [mentality]”

Sane has been back on RAW since the injury and appears to be fighting fit once again, so it’s good to see that there’s no lasting damage there.

Charlotte and co. carried out the match professionally and did the best they could considering the circumstances. Charlotte now heads to the Royal Rumble looking for her first win in the Rumble match while Lynch will face Asuka again in a rematch from 2019 where the Japanese star got the better of Lynch.

https://talksport.com/sport/wrestling/656962/charlotte-flair-wwe-tlc-kairi-sane/

Maybe its just me, but this interview Charlotte gave came across as her caring more about getting her poo poo in rather than making sure Kairi was okay.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I started reading that piece out loud and then after a while i just kept on replacing more and more words with cuss words until i was only saying poo poo piss gently caress rear end in a top hat and more.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

DarkstarIV posted:

https://talksport.com/sport/wrestling/656962/charlotte-flair-wwe-tlc-kairi-sane/

Maybe its just me, but this interview Charlotte gave came across as her caring more about getting her poo poo in rather than making sure Kairi was okay.

I read Charlotte’s quotes in 80’s Hogan protecting my spot voice while inserting “, brother” at the end of every other sentence and it made an eerie amount of sense. She comes off as selfish and self-centered as he was.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I need to not read anymore interviews from the blonde main eventers for a while

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Blaise330 posted:

I need to not read anymore interviews from the blonde main eventers for a while

What did Okada do to you to deserve this kind of shabby treatment?

DarkstarIV posted:

So uh.

She admits she knew Kairi was injured and then says her top priority was to keep doing the match. Do I have that right?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
That's the read I got of it. :yikes:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its a bizarre article because its very clearly a cleanup for "did you rough up an opponent when they had a concussion?" but they both seem to avoid actually defining Sane's injury, Charlotte says she was aware of it but thought nothing of it, and the writer ends the article just declaring that she was professional without any mention that others disagree or question that. It reads like a really poorly constructed pr piece.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I mean watching that match she clearly wanted to get her poo poo in hell or high water.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It is a pretty "neat" view in how selfish a person can be. This is the aftermath where everything's cooled off, she's been told why people were mad, and she's had time to practice her PR excuse. And her cold, out of the moment, best possible way to explain herself is... talk about how she was worried of making the match look cool for both herself and for her tagging with Becky.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

I started reading that piece out loud and then after a while i just kept on replacing more and more words with cuss words until i was only saying poo poo piss gently caress rear end in a top hat and more.

Spider Jerusalem writing an 8000 word article and it's just the word "gently caress" over and over.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It is a pretty "neat" view in how selfish a person can be. This is the aftermath where everything's cooled off, she's been told why people were mad, and she's had time to practice her PR excuse. And her cold, out of the moment, best possible way to explain herself is... talk about how she was worried of making the match look cool for both herself and for her tagging with Becky.

Hey man, this was a big match for her.

Wait, which PPV was this on?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
This was around the time she was complaining about not being in the main event picture for the women's division and was trademarking her indy name and poo poo. She was probably going stir crazy being in the mid card and wanted to blow everyone away during the match to get her spot back.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Blaise330 posted:

This was around the time she was complaining about not being in the main event picture for the women's division and was trademarking her indy name and poo poo. She was probably going stir crazy being in the mid card and wanted to blow everyone away during the match to get her spot back.

That's some mental gymnastics right there...

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol Kalisto what are you doing

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

cashing checks and eating free catering

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

probably signing a high side 6 figure deal

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

DLC Inc posted:

Good lucha things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
:sigh: disappointed, but oh well, he's probably happy getting paid extra and getting to go on tv to brutalize racists once a year.