Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

monarchies preserve the most important freedoms, economic freedoms

i wish this was more satirical

Not when they enforce monopolies they don't. And in actual absolute monarchies (as opposed to UK's decor monarchy) ; you better believe the king's nephew is the only one allowed to do X and his best buddy gets to supervise all of Y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

DalaranJ posted:

I was wondering if we would get a “as a staunch libertarian I love monarchy” take.

The group call themselves "Reactionaries" and "Neoreactionaries". Basically, the take is that monarchies are the most stable form of government*, and that a sufficiently secure monarch has no incentive to be a bad ruler* and even the worst heir is unlikely to be worse than the clowns democracies keep electing*. Like most fringe ideologies, they make a couple interesting points and then immediately leap to the most unreasonable extreme and insist it's the only logical conclusion. There's an interesting exploration and thorough refutation of the ideology here if anyone wants to see a glimpse of the insanity of the right wing fringe (the blog is Less Wrong adjacent, but avoids most of the weirdness of LW proper)

*this claim is bullshit

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Talk to a libertarian long enough and you will come to find that Libertopia sounds suspiciously like debt serfdom.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Fathis Munk posted:

I was disappointed that spider-Pelosi didn't get some Garrison trademark titties, but he won me back with his royal humiliation femdom fetish art !

Bomb-rear end titties are more a Horsey thing. What with there being a chance he's actually seen bomb-rear end titties, and all.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The Senate will make impeachment easier to put on your pizza and salads.

I think we're all familiar with the phrase "fox in the courthouse".

Governor cancels giveaway of Utah-themed condoms that were part of a campaign to combat HIV
It's nice to finally see some official state recognition for the classic "Fillmore Beaver" joke.

Bonus Popage:
https://twitter.com/davpope/status/1218002444774281217

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Grimdude posted:

It's a shame that Bernie seems like a genuinely decent person with a solid voting record, but that he'll never get the support he deserves because too many people like Garrison are loving hopeless.

I mean, if Garrison were a tankie he would have drawn the same cartoon, so there's still hope!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

Kobal2 posted:

Not when they enforce monopolies they don't. And in actual absolute monarchies (as opposed to UK's decor monarchy) ; you better believe the king's nephew is the only one allowed to do X and his best buddy gets to supervise all of Y.

True in practice. It's not like libertarians really care as long as they got their Juul.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Pelosi is a powerful member of the Adeptus Mechanicus

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

I dont know posted:

Talk to a libertarian long enough and you will come to find that Libertopia sounds suspiciously like debt serfdom.

Or full communism like in Galt's Gulch. Just without any brown people moochers around.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

JRRose really gunning for the worst label gaybie this year.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

True in practice. It's not like libertarians really care as long as they got their Juul.

I was in a Twitter argument with a libertarian for a bit- they genuinely don't understand the risk of inherited, generational wealth.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

2nd panel same as the first but it's only Warren saying "Yes, me in 1995"

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Kaza42 posted:

The group call themselves "Reactionaries" and "Neoreactionaries". Basically, the take is that monarchies are the most stable form of government*, and that a sufficiently secure monarch has no incentive to be a bad ruler* and even the worst heir is unlikely to be worse than the clowns democracies keep electing*. Like most fringe ideologies, they make a couple interesting points and then immediately leap to the most unreasonable extreme and insist it's the only logical conclusion. There's an interesting exploration and thorough refutation of the ideology here if anyone wants to see a glimpse of the insanity of the right wing fringe (the blog is Less Wrong adjacent, but avoids most of the weirdness of LW proper)

*this claim is bullshit

Most of this is self-evidently wrong, but I just want to throw in that a bad heir is literally why the word "tyrant" means what it does today.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

It's not like libertarians really care

FTFY

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Sure, let's make it official.

Gaybies nomination: Worst Label

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Tangled came out in 2010, and it's not exactly a timeless cultural relic

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Wilcox:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Interesting to see that even J.Leak is drawing Hawaiian Shirt Morrison.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I like how the leash is supposed to be choking him, as indicated by the lines near the collar, but it's also so loose that there's visible air between it and his neck.

Because the artist is poo poo and has poo poo opinions.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Jedit posted:

Bomb-rear end titties are more a Horsey thing. What with there being a chance he's actually seen bomb-rear end titties, and all.

Garrison has a history of portraying AOC and Pelosi with big honkin' bazongas though.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Pants Donkey posted:

You heard the racist takes on the royal drama. Now here’s something entirely different.

Score one for the “Tina Garrison is Imaginary” camp.

Oh Garrison is also doing that "M. Markle" crap too? She's a married woman who changed her name. Just notice how when people write complete poo poo about the Duchess of Sussex they do not use her actual titles or anything that indicates anything other than her maiden name to disrespect her.

Yeah and that "soy boy" Harry could rip Garrison's head off and piss down the neck

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pants Donkey posted:

Score one for the “Tina Garrison is Imaginary” camp.

Unfortunately, she has an actual website with art that matches her politoons

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

wizzardstaff posted:

Garrison has a history of portraying AOC and Pelosi with big honkin' bazongas though.

There have been quite a few Garrisons that had Pelosi as a shriveled, old raisin of lady who somehow had perky bomb tits.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh Garrison is also doing that "M. Markle" crap too? She's a married woman who changed her name. Just notice how when people write complete poo poo about the Duchess of Sussex they do not use her actual titles or anything that indicates anything other than her maiden name to disrespect her.

Yeah and that "soy boy" Harry could rip Garrison's head off and piss down the neck

I mean I still appreciate the label, given that's a Ramirez level caricature of Meghan.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

I've never been really convinced Garrison is a secret furry artist, but I think here we can preemptively put to bed any notion of Branco being one.

Really hosed up that snout.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

fool of sound posted:

Pelosi is a powerful member of the Adeptus Mechanicus
their big "gotcha" is an ostentatious display of gross wealth and...I mean come on.

Raised By Birds posted:

I've never been really convinced Garrison is a secret furry artist, but I think here we can preemptively put to bed any notion of Branco being one.

Really hosed up that snout.
that's seriously the most effort I've ever seen put into a garrison cartoon.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's impeachment – Impeachment trial of US president opens as watchdog says he broke law on Ukraine" After @TrumpDraws.

Telegraph:

Putin's ministers were not told of resignation plans in advance; Northern White Rhino embryos ready to implant in project to bring back sub-species

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Harry's exit plans

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
They know better than anyone that there is no God so this will never happen.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Somfin posted:

Unfortunately, she has an actual website with art that matches her politoons

That cartoon was definitely drawn by a thirsty man though.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

rodbeard posted:

That cartoon was definitely drawn by a thirsty man though.

I'm getting more of a sense of her drawing it for him, on his request.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo, is the worm actually turning on this

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Harry's exit plans

I found this one vaguely amusing only because a family friend's nephew is one of the rising stars on the young Canadian rugby scene (still in college).

Maybe there's something to that 'Canada's population is so small we all know each other' thing after all...

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, it does indeed seem that because the Senate is not going to perform their duties under the Constitution, the articles of impeachment might as well have gone into the trash.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jan 18, 2020

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Somfin posted:

No, he probably just forgot to draw someone looking at the garbage can saying "Where it belongs."

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

:lol: Garrison is selling the original art of his cartoons for $1776.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Somfin posted:

Lol, no. To Ramierz the articles are trash.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

This is one of the primest examples of AGC in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Kaza42 posted:

*this claim is bullshit

Mostly a good read, though this passage is a bit... revisionist, maybe? Self-serving?

quote:

America caused a million deaths in Iraq (more sober sources say 100,000, of which under 10,000 were civilians directly killed by US forces) while making the utmost effort to avoid unnecessary violence and launching war crimes proceedings against anyone caught employing it.