Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGJKeESLBpQ

gently caress it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm drunk!

Used to have a breathalyzer but it made me depressed at how ridiculous my tolerance was compared to normal people.

Umbilical Lotus
Nov 13, 2005

OH NO!!!! AXE CUT YOU!!!!
I drank wine!

Jesus Christ, this is my first post in like ten years, ain't it.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i'm listening to strip club pop-rock

i msut be on i donet know 28 or 30 sinc 10am

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i crashed into bed and woke up an hour later certain that it must surely be Sunday by now. apparently not. still have beers left so i'll resume in prep for the playoff game

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
This sounds like a call for help tbh

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
nothing to do with my day, guess i'll start day drinking soon.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

gently caress anyone who wants to do shots what are you nineteen?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

fat bossy gerbil posted:

gently caress anyone who wants to do shots what are you nineteen?

The last time I did a shot it was at a party the night before my cousin’s wedding. Someone bought a round of shots early in the evening, and as soon as I did mine I started getting that spitty mouth feeling and ran for the bathroom. Ended up dry heaving in a urinal.

It was like my second drink of the night. I can drink good hard liquor if I sip it, but shots are instant dry heaves for me these days.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
people buy me shots.. I think it might be rude if I didn't accept?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i only accept drinks from other people if i'm at a wedding after-party or something like that

another reason i don't go to bars

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

my policy is only do shots if someone else is paying, I feel like this is an adequate life choice

I accept drinks from everyone no question, so far I've only been drugged twice and once was acid for some reason so no big deal

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
yeah usually its from friends or if it's a stranger I watch the bar tender pour the shot in front of me. So far not drugged but I rarely go to bars.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Getting shots bought us how you make friends. The drunk posting thread in real life

Whiskey bar tonight rip me

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

My friends and a couple colleagues always do the loving rounds game or shots game or whatever the gently caress you call it, where one person buys a round of shots for the group and then everyone in the group has to buy a round after that. It used to be fun, but you eventually get sick of doing 8 shots of Jameson and having an $87 tab every night.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Shroomie posted:

My friends and a couple colleagues always do the loving rounds game or shots game or whatever the gently caress you call it, where one person buys a round of shots for the group and then everyone in the group has to buy a round after that. It used to be fun, but you eventually get sick of doing 8 shots of Jameson and having an $87 tab every night.

Just drink like normal and if you feel like you got reason to buy one round jeez

I don't think I've had a tab over 20 in months and I am always p drunk when I leave God bless dive bars

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
I've been drinking.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
i need a mouth, a little snout

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Eldercain posted:

Just drink like normal and if you feel like you got reason to buy one round jeez

I don't think I've had a tab over 20 in months and I am always p drunk when I leave God bless dive bars

It's Russian roulette for me at the bar. Some nights it'll be 40 others it will be 80.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
i'm about 2 oz of jim beam every hour for 4 hours so far. Playing that jedi fallen order game atm.

most I spent on a bar tab at some cantina on a wharf in washington dc was like 28 bucks plus tip.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Edgar posted:

i'm about 2 oz of jim beam every hour for 4 hours so far. Playing that jedi fallen order game atm.

most I spent on a bar tab at some cantina on a wharf in washington dc was like 28 bucks plus tip.

When you get your training wheels off the world gets a lot bigger. I am excited for you.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Thanks bird avatar person, I had my first alcoholic drink only about a year and half ago.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Birds all be up in here drinking hell yeah

I am enough of a regular now I never pay for all my drinks and between that and shots I end up drinking for cheap

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
the last time i drank at a bar was in covington kentucky and i spent nearly 100 bucks buying irish car bombs for my friends and family whether they wanted them or not

then i puked in the men's urinal and the sink and left. i'm 60 percent certain i am banned from that place because it is like a bar/family restaurantsd

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Eldercain posted:

Birds all be up in here drinking hell yeah

I am enough of a regular now I never pay for all my drinks and between that and shots I end up drinking for cheap

The only times someone has bought me drinks were at gay bars in DC. I'm straight, but those places tend to lack drama.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I was at some faux-irish looking pub on the historic wharf district in DC and some older ladies bought me drinks. It was because they were looking over on my shoulder when my friend was sending my silly anti-trump gifs. I felt flattered. I need to go back to DC again, I had lots of fun wandering the streets at 2 am drunk.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Zippy the Bummer posted:

the last time i drank at a bar was in covington kentucky and i spent nearly 100 bucks buying irish car bombs for my friends and family whether they wanted them or not

Oh hell yeah Covington had some good bars. I loved and drank in Mt Adams just over the river tho had some wild nights there

Woodpile posted:

The only times someone has bought me drinks were at gay bars in DC. I'm straight, but those places tend to lack drama.

I have had many drinks purchased for me in gay bars but also I tend to find and frequent a dive bar near me and make friends w/ barkeeps and regulars and sometimes that turns a few beers on Thursday into yelling letterkenny insults at each other in the parking lot and laughing ur drunk rear end off. Would recommend the experience to all

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Edgar posted:

I was at some faux-irish looking pub on the historic wharf district in DC and some older ladies bought me drinks. It was because they were looking over on my shoulder when my friend was sending my silly anti-trump gifs. I felt flattered. I need to go back to DC again, I had lots of fun wandering the streets at 2 am drunk.

I got pretty drunk at an Irish pub in DuPont Circle. Forget the name of the place. They had a live band that played corny drinking songs, but when they did The Battle of New Orleans I was shouting right along with everyone else. My date was appalled.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Eldercain posted:

Thursday into yelling letterkenny insults at each other in the parking lot and laughing ur drunk rear end off. Would recommend the experience to all

Your spare parts, bud.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
need some legs and thighs gonna have a cookout

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Just blew a .125 on my breathalyzer. I thought I was way more hosed up than that. Especially since I held the disposable tube in my mouth while I was setting everything up and that made it fail the air blank test.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Listen, I am drunk as gently caress, and I am listening to all these depressing Metric songs and want to die a little, but I can't because I have to fly to Chicago tomorrow.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Obsidianheart posted:

Listen, I am drunk as gently caress, and I am listening to all these depressing Metric songs and want to die a little, but I can't because I have to fly to Chicago tomorrow.

Flying hungover sounds insanely miserable.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I was on a pre-Thanksgiving bender one year, and last minute my sister offered to fly me to NYC to hang with her for a couple days. I wake up after like 3 hours of sleep and rush to the airport, and as I'm getting there the hangover starts setting in. I am well known for being a puker when I'm hungover, and this day was no different. I'm on this plane summoning every ounce of strength that I can to not barf on the lady next to me. The flight lands and I beeline it to the nearest bathroom, but it's the worst case scenario and all of the stalls are full so I've got to push it down once again. I tell myself gently caress it you've made it this far, you can make the cab ride into Brooklyn. I have the cab drop me off at the closest bar that I had starred in Google Maps, because my sister still wouldn't be home for a couple hours. I order a shot and a beer, and while she was pouring I made my way to the bathroom and the second I locked the door I unleashed a gallon of bile and stomach acid right into the sink. Cleaned myself up, wiped the sink down, and drank until the shaking stopped.

Another time I was flying home from Vegas and I was so hungover I couldn't sleep, and just spent the entire time in that awful delirious hungover limbo world.
Any time I did actually doze off it felt like my sleep apnea was kicking in and I would wake up gasping for air.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Guess I don't need to worry about that much since I'm drinking for breakfast.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
can you order booze on an airplane outside of first class? i've never tried

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I think it's flight dependent. I ordered a jack and a Coke when I was in economy while on JetBlue.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The gently caress you never drank on a plane? Booze is totes available and it is only way to deal with bullshit like LA to NYC flight gently caress that noise 10 gin and tonics please

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, last time I flew you could get a mixed drink for like 7 bucks. I’m sure it’s more now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Zippy the Bummer posted:

can you order booze on an airplane outside of first class? i've never tried

Yeah, usually. Maybe not on super short flights or budget airlines. It's usually pretty expensive, and also I hate having to piss mid-flight so I only do it on longer flights.

Also, while it's frowned upon to open them on the plane, you can take mini bottles through TSA no problem. Just don't be like my idiot friend on the way to Vegas and bust out a Ziploc full of bottles and start asking people which one you should start with.