Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

SirSamVimes posted:

Were they just listing the $500 reward to get people to bring the cat, and hoping that they would just... forget it?

the rich expect poor people to do things for them for free, especially if they think you are "unskilled" :capitalism:

they also like not explicitly paying workers money they promised to them and a reward is pretty close to that so yeah, :capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

kill the rich

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
My wife (34f) broke a promise to me (37m)

quote:

So I've been having problems with an off balance libido between my wife and I. I talked to her about it and she promised she would initiate sex once a week. Well it's been a few weeks in to the agreement and she has done well so far. But this week she missed it. I let her know three hours past the dead line for a week that her promise was being broken. She told me I was being petty, and that she was going to initiate later tonight, and that I wouldn't believe that she was actually planning to initiate, that I think she is lying, and then left crying. I'm just not sure how to take this. I feel like it's an excuse to get away and not actually do it tonight.

Lasca
May 8, 2007

luxury handset posted:

childfree sister should not be expected to watch the child because adult childfree sister clearly has emotional disturbance and should not be trusted with the custody of any child. like i wouldn't leave someone with severely limited mobility to watch a young child either, so someone with severely limited empathy is also out

Well ya, she’s a jerk

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Lucrece posted:

AITA for asking for the $500 reward money after I returned a lost cat?

Classic entitled rich person "gently caress you got mine" attitude, literally offering money for something and then trying to avoid paying after the fact

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

QuarkJets posted:

Classic entitled rich person "gently caress you got mine" attitude, literally offering money for something and then trying to avoid paying after the fact

It probably wasn't even their cat, just one that looked enough like it so they figured it would do.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lucrece posted:

My wife (34f) broke a promise to me (37m)

lol at this guy sitting in bed, frowning alternately at his wife and then the calendar he's clutching, wondering why she doesn't want to have sex with him

E: lmao at these two bros getting absolutely shitfaced homewrecking drunk on loving Franzia

I (28F) woke up this morning to an absolutely disgusting mess left by drunken husband (26M) and his best friend and I need to confront them but I won’t want to be “the nagging wife”

quote:

My husband’s best friend from high school lives a few hours away and they try to see each other every month. Let me start by saying I have no issues with this friend on a day to day basis, I like the guy, we get along, he is always great when he comes over etc. My problem is that there is a pattern emerging, in which when they hang out for the weekend they inevitably get poo poo wasted to the point where it causes problems. It’s like they are suddenly 15 again and feed off each other until they just spiral to a ridiculous point.

Last night they decide they are going to try to finish an entire box of Franzia. I worked late yesterday, came home to them already pretty drunk and decided I didn’t wanna deal with it. Went into the bedroom, turned on the fan and white noise and watched TV and went to sleep.

I woke up to a bathroom covered in puke with vomit in the toilet, shower, and sink. The bath mat I just cleaned had vomit on it along with a puke smell on all the towels. Glasses and crushed chips all over the kitchen, every inch of floor with something on it. One of my houseplants crushed and broken. I work really hard to keep the apartment clean and I literally had to step away. I had to deep clean the bathroom in order to even use it but left the rest of the mess, went to get breakfast and walk around Target to calm down.

I need to address this but I don’t want to come across as nagging. I want my husband to hang out with his best friend. I know the apartment isn’t just mine and I want him to have people over and have fun. I don’t care if he gets drunk and gets silly once in a while (he is really not a big drinker otherwise, literally will have 2 beers on a Friday and call it a day). But it’s my home too and I need it respected. I shouldn’t wake up to a shower with puke in it. This isn’t a frat house and I don’t like the pattern of getting disgustingly drunk every time they hang out. The excuse I always get is “oh it’s only every couple months, we never get to see each other.” But I don’t think that’s good enough. My husband was thoroughly amused at how annoyed I was this morning, but I’m pretty sure he’s still drunk and I’m waiting to even say anything else. Should I just ignore this and as long as they clean it up, let it go? Or am I right to be pissed and feel disappointed and disrespected?

Tl;dr husband left puke covered bathroom and huge mess. I want him to be able to have fun but I need my home respected, not sure what to say to get across how angry I am without being the nagging wife

Edit: spoke to husband and his friend. Made it clear this will not happen again. They cleaned the apartment, did the laundry, and replaced my plant. Set down rules for the amount of drinking that will happen here in the future (maybe stick to splitting a 6 pack like normal people) and made it known that this is my space too and it will be respected. As an added measure, I have to be up at 4:30am tomorrow for an event and I will not be tiptoeing around before I leave as previously planned -IDGAF who I wake up. Thanks for helping me realize I’m not crazy and I shouldn’t be afraid to be pissed.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 19, 2020

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
My (36F) husband (41M) has some disturbing requests for after he's passed away.

You want your children or grandchilren to be supervillains? This is how it starts.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

QuarkJets posted:

I had more free time during university than at any other point in my life

yeah, because you studied some mickey mouse BS like "engineering" or "maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaths." ooh look at me i'm fancy doctor quarkjets, i use multiple types of math so i get to pluuuuurrrralize it even though in any rational language math would remain an uncountable noooooooooouuuuuuuuuunnnnnn.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
im gonna jam a protractor up my urethra and gently caress the sky so good i legally become a sundial. quarkjets that's not making fun of you i'm just curious what everyone else has planned for this lazy sunday.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

ZombieCrew posted:

You want your children or grandchilren to be supervillains? This is how it starts.

If my future child isn't routinely cursing Spider-Man for foiling his schemes by age 20 then I have failed as a parent.

Bardeh posted:

I (28F) woke up this morning to an absolutely disgusting mess left by drunken husband (26M) and his best friend and I need to confront them but I won’t want to be “the nagging wife”

My roommate's boyfriend used to routinely drink boxed wine and it always turned him into the biggest loving mess. I would find him passed out drunk in a pool of Franzia at the kitchen table, on the floor in the bathroom in his own vomit, and once in the hallway outside our apartment.

He'd get that shitfaced then get up and go to work (he was a busboy) and then come home and do it all over again. He was constantly complaining that his boss was so mean to him, but honestly I think she was the salt of the earth letting him come to work (often running 10-15 minutes late) probably still drunk so often and not firing him.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Is my girlfriend lying about breaking a laundry room window in our apartment complex?

quote:

At my apartment, the laundry room closes at 9pm, and you have to use a laundry card.

I [36] washed our sheets (me and my girlfriend's [35], who lives with me) but had to go to work at 5pm before I could dry them. She asked me to leave the laundry card so she could dry the clothes. In my rush to go to work (I was 10 minutes late) I forgot to leave the card. To be fair, it's not the first time I've forgotten something laundrywise. I've accidentally left clothes in the wash machine overnight or forgotten to take clothes out the dryer a handful of times over the past year.

When she texts me when I'm at work asking where the laundry card is, I apologize, say I forgot to leave it, and propose that she take the clothes out the wash machine so I can take them to the 24-hour laundry place to dry them after I get off work at midnight.

I get off work at midnight and come home. She tells me to go try to switch the clothes on my way in, and I go down to try to switch the clothes, even though I know the laundry room is usually locked up at 9pm.

There are about 10 laundry rooms on the property. When I go and check the door, I find that the laundry room that our clothes were in had a rock thrown at the two-paned window of its door. the rock had shattered the first pane [edit: the second pane was still intact. It was as if someone threw a rock in frustration, came to their senses, and ran away].

This has never happened in the history of our apartment complex. To be fair, other random poo poo has been vandalized from time-to-time; just never a laundry room window. And our clothes were the only ones stuck in there.

So...I go upstairs and ask, "Have you been down to the laundry room?"

And she's evasive at first, before admitting she had. To me, that was a red flag.

I asked if she had tried to open the laundry door. She said she had not. She had looked and it had seemed closed (if it had seemed closed, why had she sent me down there...?).

So that means the glass was broken between 9 and midnight...

Frustrated at me being roundabout, she asked me what my real question was. I asked her, point blank, if she broke the glass.

She said, "Yes."

Silence. Then I said, "Really?"

Then she said, upset, "No. I was being sarcastic. Why would you even THINK I would break the glass?"

And she screamed that it was outrageous I would suspect her...and also said that instead of being roundabout and passive aggressive, I should have asked point-blank whether she did it.

Here's the thing: Over the course of our two-year relationship I've seen her lie to other people, often. And her MO when confronted is to say what she needs to say to make them feel guilty until the focus is off her lie and on their guilt. I've seen her tell family members when they were running late to events that she was there and waiting when she was really 30 minutes away. She's been incensed that I would even think she would endanger our safety by bringing weed in the car and then I'll later catch her taking her weed out the car to smoke it. She got arrested for shoplifting but denied it until she got a really good plea deal, saying she never intended to steal anything but the security guard and cop who took her down were in the wrong (when she admitted to me she was trying to shoplift). If she thinks I left home while I was at work, she'll lie and say she came home and I was gone...when I know she didn't come home because I was there the whole time. And so on.

When she screamed at me incensed I would think that she threw the rock...I said I was within my rights to ask, but did not ask directly because I had not skipped to conclusions. She was insulted I would think she'd be capable of that. Mind you, she has suspected me of everything from poisoning her to being a serial killer.

So we argued until I was on the defensive about her claim that I had tried to poison her food.
And when I was on the defensive...she stopped arguing. Like...she had made this about me, taken the focus off her, and had done what she had set out to do. And now she's back to her sunny disposition...and I'm the weird one for being uncomfortable.

Which makes me even more suspicious that she broke the window. I mean, why send me down if she knew it was closed? Why does this smell like her regular lying MO?

I want to trust her. But it's hard. And she's like sunshine when happy...but I hate how she can lie sometimes, and I know she is really good at pretending to care about people she doesn't care about...I'm a little concerned.

I hesitate to confront her about it again, for fear of another explosion. But maybe that's her whole goal.

I've been close to breaking up with her a few times before, but then she convinces me I'll always be alone and I'm weird and no one will be able to stand me if she leaves (this my first real relationship, and I'm 36 -- she's had a series of 1-2 year relationships). We're also living together and I am the only one who can afford to pay rent for the apartment, so it's hard when you're in proximity...I keep coming back.

*sigh* I know we could have a wonderful relationship, but this feels like the straw that broke the camel's back. I really suspect she broke the window at this point, and don't feel I can trust her to care about me outside her manipulation. It's hard. But she's so awesome when she's awesome...

TL;DR: I [36] suspect my girlfriend [35] is lying about breaking my apartment's laundry window and that makes her very angry, but it's hard to trust her when she lies and gaslights me and other people frequently. I feel like this is the straw that finally breaks the camel's back, but hope trust can be salvaged.

:psyduck:

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
My daughter's father(35) is neglecting our daughter(6) to spend time with/keep his girlfriend(23) happy. How can I(36)talk to him about it without it becoming a fight?

quote:

I don't want to make him choose between them I just want him to spend as much with his daughter as he does with his girlfriend. He spends maybe an hour a week(that's rounding up) spending one on one with her. all his other time is spent at work or with his girlfriend. I want to talk to him about it because our daughter is starting to notice that she's not the most important person to her Daddy. It kills me to see the look of heartbreak on her face when I have to tell her that, "I'm sorry but Daddy busy with (girlfriend) and he can't play with you right now." How do I talk to him about it without it ending up as a massive fight?

​TL;DR Daughter's father chooses girlfriend over his daughter, how can I get him to spend more time with the kid without a Battle?

Editing for additional information. We all live together. We lived together before the gf moved in, so we could co-parent. I agreed to stay after she moved in so he would still be able to see her every day and it would be better for everyone's wallets. Even living together he can't make time for his daughter.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Licarn posted:

My daughter's father(35) is neglecting our daughter(6) to spend time with/keep his girlfriend(23) happy. How can I(36)talk to him about it without it becoming a fight?

Well he good news is he isnt an ex husband, I guess

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Is that just some hosed up poly situation or a series of poor choices made by OP?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Dazerbeams posted:

Is that just some hosed up poly situation or a series of poor choices made by OP?

That she hasn't eviscerated the husband indicates poor choices imo. A sack of potatoes with a smiley face drawn on will be a better father to your child.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Dazerbeams posted:

Or?? Why not both?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

The former is always both, while the latter isn't necessarily.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

she's such a dumbass, jesus christ

murder the husband and if you have enough room under the floorboards, i guess the gf too

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
My girlfriend (21F) and I (21M) want to get married, but parents don't agree

quote:

My girlfriend and I have been dating for a while and were thinking of getting married before I go to medical school. However when my girlfriend brings up the idea to her mother, her mom shuts it down. "he needs to come up with a plan financially." "How will he make money?" "What do his parents think?" I feel like I'm being attacked, especially since if I go to medical school, I can't make money until residency. I don't know what to do. My girlfriend and I rather not wait any longer.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
One of the most WTF coworkers I ever had was a mom with a 6 year old. She lived with her husband, all good. He had a daughter from a previous marriage who lived with them. All good.

His ex wife and her girlfriend (she came out as lesbian because bisexuals don't exist) also lived with them.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Dazerbeams posted:

quote:

You're right she should have never moved in, but it was either she moves in or she lives in her car. Her previous room mate kicked her out so her other friend could move in. I'm too nice of a person to let someone live in their car if I can help it. Now if I actually believe that story is a whole other story. The answer is no, no I don't. But since I don't make a living wage and my mother doesn't have the room for us(I've made it no secret that if I move out the kid is coming with me.) I didn't have a choice I'm stuck here till I find a better job. Thankfully I have an interview for something much better.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Wait, so she took the girlfriend in based on a sob story she doesn't even believe???

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Lucrece posted:

My girlfriend (21F) and I (21M) want to get married, but parents don't agree

same op

Should I (21M) do anything to help my girlfriend (20F) solve her abusive relationship problems?
submitted 1 month ago

quote:

My current girlfriend (dating for 3 weeks) she was in a mentally abusive relationship of a year with this guy. She tells me she wants to tell me everything, but it's difficult for her. I try to sympathize and not push her on, but I also want to help her through it. There's information she has never told anyone, but she wants to tell me. Are there any red flags here? I know she is the one who can only help herself, but what should I do?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

Licarn posted:

same op

Should I (21M) do anything to help my girlfriend (20F) solve her abusive relationship problems?
submitted 1 month ago

Hahaha I was wondering how long they'd been together when he said they'd been dating for "a while"!

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I like that post, and agree with everything said in it by everyone.

21 isn't 'too' young to get married depending on the couple, and part of getting married is sharing your life together, that includes the struggles and growth, as compared to being a 'finished' person who has a house and says aloud "Right! Having completed everything, I may now engage in fidelity." As if humans are baked pies, not to be shared before the over timer is done.

He's right that the mother is attacking him directly, and she's right in that he has no income, no stability, is a dependent, and his brain isn't finished baking yet (takes about till ~25 it turns out). But her generation (people born before 1970) where probably able to DO those things before marriage, ie have a career w/o a seven year post-secondary education, be stable and have assets in your early 20's, etc. Those who didn't could be looked down upon safely, perhaps.

But we live in different times. I recall reading about Jews in concentration camps, making space for two youngsters to have a moment of privacy behind a curtain in the middle of a workshop during the day shift. Other people getting married while the city they're in is undergoing shelling. Life goes on, and we currently live in a hellhole of our own making, so I wouldn't begrudge kids who want to get married and start their lives together, instead of being told there's a 7+ year wait.

Now, after having typed all of that, it gonna turn out they're both young idiots who don't even have their drivers licenses and have never worked a day in their lives, but hey, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here.
edit: gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress of course they are

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I told my friend his deceased ex wanted to dump him?

I judge on here often so I figured I’d put my sticky situation on here:

I (25M) have a good friend, Mason, (26M). I was his roommate in college. He met this girl, Kelly, during our freshman year and they began dating. Being Mason’s roommate and friend, I became close with Kelly too. They stayed together throughout all 4 years of college and continued dating after graduation. Super cute couple. Was proud of them in a weird way.

After graduation, we all got jobs in the same city and lived near each other. One day, Kelly (22 at the time), confided in me and basically said that while she liked Mason a lot, she was less happy than before, and wasn’t sure if she should be tied down so young. Kelly talked through her feelings with me, and concluded that she was going to break up with Mason. Meanwhile, Mason told me a week prior that he’s never been happier and was even thinking of proposing. I told Kelly this during our chat and she made her decision with this in mind.

I sat around fearing the pending fallout between my two close friends when I received horrible news. As you saw coming from the title of this post, Kelly never got the chance to tell Mason how she felt. She died in a car accident the same day she told me her decision to dump Mason.

Mason grieved, and grieved hard. I never told him about me and Kelly’s convo. Two years later and after lots of therapy and such, he’s much better, though far from perfect. Nowadays, Mason tells me that he’s discovered that love is the most important thing to him in life and that he aspires to marry. He tried dating over the past half year, but always ends up saying that “I’m confident that no girl will ever love me the same way Kelly did. This is pointless.” At this point, he’s pretty much given up on dating and is becoming more depressed.

By now I think you can sense my dilemma: should I tell Mason about Kelly and I’s conversation? Maybe it’ll help him realize he can find a better match for himself and that his views on his old relationship are romanticized and not good for his future.

On the other hand, I’m not sure if it will make much of a difference other than me breaking his heart even further and harming his grieving process. Maybe it would be better off to just let him continue the hard work he’s put in to heal so far and let him continue his healing without my interference. I’m also not sure what it will do to our friendship: I’ve sat on this info for a long rear end time now.

WIBTA if I told him???

Edit: just for clarity due to some comments, it’s not like dropping this would be the first thing I tried to help him. I’ve encouraged he talks to his therapist about comparing other girls to Kelly, he’s talked to me about it, I’ve been a general comforting friend through this all, etc.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for getting my husband kicked out of the delivery room?

Hello everyone,

This is my first time using this platform, I'm sorry for any 'rules' broken or any mistakes made.

A friend of mine showed me this website recently, and since then I have been considering this post.

My husband and I (married for 3 years, together for 7) had our first child 3 weeks ago. She is perfect, and everything I could ever wish for, even if she is a handful. However, unfortunately, her birth was ... complicated.

I have always been a private person, and very terrified of pregnancy due to the (admittedly low, but to me nonetheless scary) risks associated. My husband knows this, and I specifically asked him, when we found out about this pregnancy, that he tried to help me lower my stress levels, since the pregnancy itself would already be causing me significant stress.

He succeeded at this during almost all of my pregnancy. He was always very calm, even when he had a bad work day and was upset. He put up with me when I cried over silly things like wanting one specific brand of food that was sold out, he made sure I was comfortable at home and rarely had to go out when I was too big to do so comfortably.

We agreed on from the start that he would be the only person in the delivery room with me. No parents, no family, no friends, just us and the medical staff.

However, on the day I was admitted to the hospital, his mother (who is usually a very, very nice lady, just has her moments) cried to him that it was unfair she would not witness the birth of this grandchild. (My husband has an older sister with two kids, and she was in the delivery room for both of them). My husband tried to get me to agree to having her in the delivery room. I said no, and figured that would be the end of it.

After a long, exhausting, painful labor, when my doctor announced my daughter was crowning, I saw the door open and my mother in law come in. No medical staff got up to stop her. My husband was next to me and I clung to his arm and told him to get her out. He tried to argue with me that she should be allowed to see the birth of her grandchild. I started panicking HARD, like I said, I am a private person and did not want my MIL staring into my lady bits while I was so vulnerable and exposed. I kept saying to my husband, "take her outside, please, get her out of here, please, please" but he would not budge.

A nurse finally noticed how much I was panicking and stressing and immediately shooed everyone expect me and the staff out of the room. This included my husband.

My daughter was born soon after, but because of the MIL situation, he did not get to witness the birth. He was very upset at me during the hospital stay, saying I didn't allow him to see his child be born. I feel awfully guilty because I did want my husband in there, but he should not have let his mother in. It's been almost 3 weeks since we have been back home, and he still acts coldly towards me sometimes.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Murder the man.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Hello everyone,

This is my first time using this platform, I'm sorry for any 'rules' broken or any mistakes made.

A friend of mine showed me this website recently, and since then I have been considering this post.

My husband and I (married for 3 years, together for 7) had our first child 3 weeks ago. She is perfect, and everything I could ever wish for, even if she is a handful. However, unfortunately, her birth was ... complicated.

I have always been a private person, and very terrified of pregnancy due to the (admittedly low, but to me nonetheless scary) risks associated. My husband knows this, and I specifically asked him, when we found out about this pregnancy, that he tried to help me lower my stress levels, since the pregnancy itself would already be causing me significant stress.

He succeeded at this during almost all of my pregnancy. He was always very calm, even when he had a bad work day and was upset. He put up with me when I cried over silly things like wanting one specific brand of food that was sold out, he made sure I was comfortable at home and rarely had to go out when I was too big to do so comfortably.

We agreed on from the start that he would be the only person in the delivery room with me. No parents, no family, no friends, just us and the medical staff.

However, on the day I was admitted to the hospital, his mother (who is usually a very, very nice lady, just has her moments) cried to him that it was unfair she would not witness the birth of this grandchild. (My husband has an older sister with two kids, and she was in the delivery room for both of them). My husband tried to get me to agree to having her in the delivery room. I said no, and figured that would be the end of it.

After a long, exhausting, painful labor, when my doctor announced my daughter was crowning, I saw the door open and my mother in law come in. No medical staff got up to stop her. My husband was next to me and I clung to his arm and told him to get her out. He tried to argue with me that she should be allowed to see the birth of her grandchild. I started panicking HARD, like I said, I am a private person and did not want my MIL staring into my lady bits while I was so vulnerable and exposed. I kept saying to my husband, "take her outside, please, get her out of here, please, please" but he would not budge.

A nurse finally noticed how much I was panicking and stressing and immediately shooed everyone expect me and the staff out of the room. This included my husband.

My daughter was born soon after, but because of the MIL situation, he did not get to witness the birth. He was very upset at me during the hospital stay, saying I didn't allow him to see his child be born. I feel awfully guilty because I did want my husband in there, but he should not have let his mother in. It's been almost 3 weeks since we have been back home, and he still acts coldly towards me sometimes.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

LOL what a trashy idiot of a husband with a trashy idiot of a mom.

Edit: OP should seek a restraining order against her mother in law. If her husband tries to stop her she should tell the cops he hit her.

therobit fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 19, 2020

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Dazerbeams posted:

Murder the man.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
I know we had this one in the last thread, but it never fails to make me smile.

TIFU by wearing a shawl, which ruined my relationship with my GF

quote:

Minor background: I am a pretty affectionate, and at times, effeminate, dude. I'm 6'2 and have a pretty "tough-guy" background in that I was in special forces a while ago, and my roommates all served as well, but I also have thin wrists and sit on my friends' laps and blow kisses to them and poo poo. I'm not gay, I just am me.

So while I was in a shop with a roommate a few weeks ago he saw these really cool shawls that we both couldn't get out of our heads; he returned last weekend to buy them and now we have these shawls. Mine makes me look like a Star Wars character and his looks like the Outlaw Josey Wales, these are seriously awesome shawls. The first night we wore them, everybody at the dive bar we went to (Re: dudes) thought they were awesome as well. Then this girl and her friend arrive on invite from Shawlbro, and they are seriously turned off by our sweet shawls. Like, acting pretty weird about them and making comments. Whatever. So I get a call from my GF, she's tired and wants to hang out at mine, and so I bid these mean girls and Shawlbro adieu and head home.

I'm still wearing the shawl when my GF arrives and she's also really taken aback, she won't even kiss me until I take it off. We get do the deed and go to sleep, and the next morning she starts asking me if I'm gay. And she's really serious and aggressive about it. I tell her I'm not, that if I was I'd definitely know if by now, and she counters with her major evidence of the fact that I own a shawl. Anyway she gets weird and leaves, and then sends me a text later about how she's sorry and that she "needs to think about what kind of man" she wants, and then doesn't contact me for days. So yesterday I invite her out, she's stumbling over her words and talking about how she likes tough guys and how she grew up in the south and needs to get used to The Big City, but that she doesn't know this or that, and eventually I just tell her very politely to get hosed because I'm pretty insulted by this point. On the way back, now that I'm not directly in front of her, I get this long apologetic text from her but the crux of it is that yeah, she's just not that into me anymore because I wore a shawl.

Later on, I tell Shawlbro about this, and he also had a blowout with the girl he was seeing over his shawl that very same night we went out.

We are both going to keep wearing the shawls though, they are warm.

Tl;dr: Me and my friend bought cursed shawls and now we are single.

Edit:

She's a nice girl, she's just not pickin up what I'm puttin down. It's a silly thing to be mad about.

And by popular demand: It's shawl over for you hoes https://imgur.com/a/XXCrcM5

Edit 2: Shawlbro https://imgur.com/a/ZvlS5N9

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

therobit posted:

If her husband tries to stop her she should tell the cops he hit her.

gently caress you. This poo poo cheapens the accounts of actual victims of physical abuse. Holy poo poo, gently caress you. Finally enough of a reason to add your stupid rear end to my ignore list. Jesus christ.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

What a sniveling worm this dude is, divorce divorce divorce divorce divorce divorce divorce divorce divorce

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

you're never really alone if you're with your shawlbro

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

gently caress you. This poo poo cheapens the accounts of actual victims of physical abuse. Holy poo poo, gently caress you. Finally enough of a reason to add your stupid rear end to my ignore list. Jesus christ.

Lol nice meltdown.

That post was about as serious as the ones above and below it saying to kill the guy. At least, I DON'T THINK those posters literally think she should murder her husband. Maybe they do and the thread is completely full of psychopaths.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

QuarkJets posted:

divorce divorce divorce divorce divorce divorce divorce divorce divorce

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I think the last item in the set is rag on a stick no?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Just sad that the poop set is in Diablo 2, you can't get that epic mount for convenient dinner table making GBS threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for still bringing up an old grudge against my in-laws after more than a decade?

My MIL is big on family tradition and has professional family portraits taken every holiday season. This year's photos just came back and my MIL was sharing the album at a birthday party this weekend with extended family and friends. The discussion came around to my wife and I and how long we've been together and someone noticed I wasn't in photos that I should have been and asked about it and my MIL went silent.

See, I wasn't included in these portraits for a number of years because "only family" could be in the photos. Since my wife and i were "only dating", they felt I shouldn't be in the portraits because it "probably wouldn't work out."

My wife and I met in college and dated thru school and had a relatively long engagement as we got on our feet so we were together almost 7 years before our wedding. Despite all our time together, and my wife begging each year, my MIL and SILs insisted that I shouldn't be in the portraits until we said our vows, even the loving year before our wedding despite the date set and save-the-dates sent. And honestly, it always hurt and was like a yearly reminder that I wasn't truly "family" to them.

The real kicker to me though is that my MIL and SILs were all married and since divorced in that time, one of my SIL twice! So all these photos that I wasn't worthy to be part of include men that are not only not a part of the family anymore, but 2 were really assholes and all three of my SILs marriages were short-lived relationships and ended in messy divorces on really bad terms. But me, who is still here and the other half of the only long lasting and successful relationship of my wife's immediate family, was not included in this tradition for nearly a decade.

So anyway, I started laughing when the question came up and went over the story and pointed out how all these jerks are in the photos but I wasn't allowed. And I apparently took a bit of joy in the fact that since my MIL and SILs pretty much hate those men now, the portraits are kind of useless and stay locked in a cabinet all year because of it. (It used to practically be a coffee table book)

Well, my MIL started crying, my SILs were offended at my portrayals of their marriages, and everyone else who didn't see the humor was pretty much upset at me for calling them out for their unfair practices.

I felt like I acted fairly at the time by just pointing out how the tradition backfired but my wife mentioned that I still get pissy each year over the photos and always have something snarky to say and it's long past time I let it go. Maybe she's right, she usually is, but I can't tell you how irked I get every time that drat album comes out.

So, AITA?