Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

I love it. I have a pair of Doc Martens that are a silvery patent leather.
Haaaaa, those were the ones I was immediately drawn to, but they were out of them in my size. I think I tried on five different shoes until I said gently caress it, hit me with the gold and as soon as I slipped them on, it was all over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Budgie Jumping posted:

All the movies have finally been identified! Rejoice!

What about that one with the one guy?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

caligulamprey posted:

Haaaaa, those were the ones I was immediately drawn to, but they were out of them in my size. I think I tried on five different shoes until I said gently caress it, hit me with the gold and as soon as I slipped them on, it was all over.

You people are animals.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Skwirl posted:

Cast Away.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Skwirl posted:

It's not officially a movie unless there are two guys.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Grendels Dad posted:

Moon proves this point.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I just went to the Fraser Coast with my pops for the first time since I was a kid, and went fishing from a dinghy near this little round island called Round Island we went to once on a tour twenty years ago, and I googled it to see if I could find a picture of the place and it turns out it's an Important Island

https://m.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/round-island-where-flinders-stepped-ashore/3217558/

I only remembered that we got to dig up pipi clams on the beach to grill up

Also that same tour is still running and costs fifty bucks in 2020 dollars so that must have been a cheap rear end day in the nineties

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 18, 2020

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Every movie I’ve seen since like August has had the same goddamn The Rhythm Section trailer play before it and now I hope that movie fails because gently caress that trailer and how could a marketing department spend what seems like millions of dollars on movie trailers to run for months and never even cut a different one.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

The Peccadillo posted:

I just went to the Fraser Coast with my pops for the first time since I was a kid, and went fishing from a dinghy near this little round island called Round Island we went to once on a tour twenty years ago, and I googled it to see if I could find a picture of the place and it turns out it's an Important Island

https://m.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/news/round-island-where-flinders-stepped-ashore/3217558/

I only remembered that we got to dig up pipi clams on the beach to grill up

Also that same tour is still running and costs fifty bucks in 2020 dollars so that must have been a cheap rear end day in the nineties

If you can do a road trip out of the area or are flying out of Brisbane go to Yandina, go to the Ginger Factory to get some kick rear end ginger beer and then go across the road to get some of the best coffee beans in this state

There's also a macadamia nut factory next door that has a big painted macadamia nut with eyes just at its front door, then across from it there was another nut sculpture that said "IT'S NUT TIME" on it and it's also great but not nearly as essential

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

I, Butthole posted:

If you can do a road trip out of the area or are flying out of Brisbane go to Yandina, go to the Ginger Factory to get some kick rear end ginger beer and then go across the road to get some of the best coffee beans in this state

There's also a macadamia nut factory next door that has a big painted macadamia nut with eyes just at its front door, then across from it there was another nut sculpture that said "IT'S NUT TIME" on it and it's also great but not nearly as essential

Ginger beer and macadamias are two of my favourite things. It sounds odd but a ginger beer shandy (beer and ginger beer) is really, really delicious.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Grendels Dad posted:

Silent Hill confirmed for not a movie

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

caligulamprey posted:

My friends sent me to the shoe store as an early birthday gift. I went big.

Nice Rosenstock flag

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Skwirl posted:

Dunno, but it sounds like it doesn’t pass the bechdel test so we’re not considering it a film.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Nice Rosenstock flag
Hell yeah!

I wear it as a cape to music festivals. It always goes over like gangbusters.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Budgie Jumping posted:

Dunno, but it sounds like it doesn’t pass the bechdel test so we’re not considering it a film.

It's got that woman from that other thing, and that other woman who was in the thing with that other guy.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Skwirl posted:

It's got that woman from that other thing, and that other woman who was in the thing with that other guy.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Mary Elizabeth Winstead?

No, the other one. You know, from the thing.

In other news

https://twitter.com/chrismcquarrie/status/1218347207818121216?s=19

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Skwirl posted:

Skwirl posted:

No, the other one. You know, from the thing.
Basically every conversation about movies I have with my dad.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Basically every conversation about movies I have with my dad.

So you know what movie I'm talking about.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

So you know what movie I'm talking about.

You mean that one with that guy? You know, him.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Or is it the other one?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The answer is Freaked (1993).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gonz posted:

The answer is Freaked (1993).

I went to possibly the last repertory screening of Freaked last night. Alex Winter, Tom Stern, and a bunch of the cast and crew were in attendance, it was awesome. They had slices of the original animation plates for the intro on display (and for sale), and gave out official Freaked styrofoam cups. Now that Fox is dead and Disney owns their catalogue and put a moratorium on repertory screenings, chances of seeing this on the big screen are slim.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I am infinitely jealous.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

ruddiger posted:

I went to possibly the last repertory screening of Freaked last night. Alex Winter, Tom Stern, and a bunch of the cast and crew were in attendance, it was awesome. They had slices of the original animation plates for the intro on display (and for sale), and gave out official Freaked styrofoam cups. Now that Fox is dead and Disney owns their catalogue and put a moratorium on repertory screenings, chances of seeing this on the big screen are slim.

STYROFOAM CUPS......bad for the environment.”

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gonz posted:

STYROFOAM CUPS......bad for the environment.”

Before the movie started Tom Stern told everyone to drop their cups all in unison when Ricky knocks over the cup in the movie. Also, they had Paul Leary from the Butthole Surfers play his guitar solos in the movie live in front of the screen (it was both a little distracting and too low audibly, but it was fun to see him shred on stage), and they had a “holographic Henry Rollins” play along to the opening which in reality was just a flash animation of Henry jumping around and lip syncing to the intro song. Still all in all it was a hell of an experience and it was dope seeing all these creative people earnestly excited to be a part of it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

therattle posted:

You people are animals.

"You people." Hmmmmm.

I know that's not what you meant.

NieR Occomata posted:

Every movie I’ve seen since like August has had the same goddamn The Rhythm Section trailer play before it and now I hope that movie fails because gently caress that trailer and how could a marketing department spend what seems like millions of dollars on movie trailers to run for months and never even cut a different one.

Oh god. So a friend and I went to this little arthouse theater fairly often. So for the better part of a year every loving time we saw a movie there they played the loving trailer for The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. It was to the point where we could remember the dialog. We saw it so many loving times we couldn't wait for it to come and go so we'd never have to see that goddamn trailer again. Oh and you couldn't escape it because the audio from the movie plays in the bathroom at this theater. SO FINALLY the movie came and went and we were so relieved. A few months go by and we were at a multiplex seeing a movie and guess what trailer came on? Both of us just went "Nooooooooooo!". We were genuinely angry when they made a sequel.

ruddiger posted:

Before the movie started Tom Stern told everyone to drop their cups all in unison when Ricky knocks over the cup in the movie. Also, they had Paul Leary from the Butthole Surfers play his guitar solos in the movie live in front of the screen (it was both a little distracting and too low audibly, but it was fun to see him shred on stage), and they had a “holographic Henry Rollins” play along to the opening which in reality was just a flash animation of Henry jumping around and lip syncing to the intro song. Still all in all it was a hell of an experience and it was dope seeing all these creative people earnestly excited to be a part of it.

Two things:
- Holy SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
-I have much respect for you because you have a copy of Dead Heat.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

NieR Occomata posted:

I get this movie confused with The Informer (which is not to be confused with The Informant!), because i've just looked at their posters and maybe seen each trailer once.

of course this movie is basically another attempt to make that Jennifer Garner movie from a couple years ago where she avenged her family, John Wick style, but with Blake Lively (probably because of her excellent role in the excellent A Simple Favor). The Informer is more of a basic crime drama, but with the benefit of having Rosamund Pike

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/electrolemon/status/1218653070126530560?s=20

Never forget :patriot:

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Two Popes was dope, and pretty hilarious

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Meet my new buddy! The name the Humane Society gave him was The Boss and who am I to argue with that. He was an 8-year-old Red Tabby stray found underneath a porch with hair so matted they had to shave him down:

The only reason I was able to post this was because he got up to get something to eat, otherwise he has been sitting on my chest and bashing his head into mine for the last hour and a half. I love him to pieces.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That is a nice cat.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Good cat.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I would also like to voice my cat approval.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

I'm defecting to the Soviet Union

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Looks like there's a Mrs. Bibs
https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1218554089711247361?s=20

Your cat looks like Lee Van Cleef.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Finding out that there's going to be an American remake of Force Majeure starring Will Farrell sure was a thing to find out today.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

caligulamprey posted:

Meet my new buddy! The name the Humane Society gave him was The Boss and who am I to argue with that. He was an 8-year-old Red Tabby stray found underneath a porch with hair so matted they had to shave him down:

The only reason I was able to post this was because he got up to get something to eat, otherwise he has been sitting on my chest and bashing his head into mine for the last hour and a half. I love him to pieces.

this is good cat. orange cats best cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Big Boss Cat