Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Ive seen gundam mentioned several times. Is there a movie coming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Burns posted:

Yeah legendary pictures is making a movie for the ongoing 40th anniversary

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Avatar 2 will start with a Na'vi suicide bombing of that resort, and the rest of the series will be about their planet slipping into sectarian violence and civil war.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

mallratcal posted:

Avatar 2 will start with a Na'vi suicide bombing of that resort, and the rest of the series will be about their planet slipping into sectarian violence and civil war.

and it will win the 2055 VFX Oscar.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Jose Oquendo posted:

If they still care about the lore of the park they'll probably change it up.

Or they may just not care. They did that with Star Tours. It sorta fit into SW lore but after they revamped it they stopped caring.
It's possible they won't care, but a big part of the return on investment for the movies (and the park itself at $400 million) is the hope that it drives people to want to make the trip and have this immersive experience. They're definitely going to want to keep it relevant. It's hard to change up too because they can't really nix the ride or drop the shops or have costumed Na'vi at ten feet tall, they're kind of locked in to this concept.

I looked up the Star Tours stuff and it's kind of disheartening they shoehorned in the Sequel sequences without care for the false reality they were crafting. But also lol:

The Revamp Wikipedia posted:

During pre-production, one of the locations that Imagineers wanted guests to visit was the ice planet of Hoth while it was under siege by Imperial walkers. However, the idea was quickly scrapped because it would interfere with the attraction's placement in the Star Wars timeline.[9] According to Imagineer Jason Surrell, after the Hoth battle idea was replaced with an encounter with the planet's native fauna (e.g. tauntauns and wampas), the concept was presented to George Lucas. Lucas, although liking the idea, requested that the battle scene be used instead, even if it meant disrupting the series' canon. Lucas offered the possibility that there was perhaps an earlier scuffle between Rebel and Imperial forces on the planet before the events in Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back unfolded and that they "later decided to build a base there figuring the Empire wouldn't think the rebels would return to that same location."[9]

Wookiepedia posted:

The Death Star III idea was created by Leland Chee to explain why a Death Star is present on the Star Tours ride when both of the stations in the movies were destroyed.

Daikloktos fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 19, 2020

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Daikloktos posted:

It's possible they won't care, but a big part of the return on investment for the movies (and the park itself at $400 million) is the hope that it drives people to want to make the trip and have this immersive experience. They're definitely going to want to keep it relevant. It's hard to change up too because they can't really nix the ride or have costumed Na'vi at ten feet tall, they're kind of locked in to this concept.

I looked up the Star Tours stuff and it's kind of disheartening they shoehorned in the Sequel sequences without care for the false reality they were crafting. But also lol:

The Avatar section opened in mid 2018. Right now, it's as off-peak as Disney World gets. Flight of Passage has had a 200+ minute wait time all week. I don't think they have to worry about a thing to get people in there. I doubt anyone's going to give a poo poo about the lore or any sort of continuity even when the new movies come out. It's a really well done ride, and the whole section is well themed and amazing to see. I don't give two shits about Avatar and I still enjoyed the whole experience. I suspect this is the case with a lot of visitors.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 19, 2020

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

Disney execs and engineers built this theme park, counting on Avatar having sequels and video games and a whole new franchise property to keep visitors interested, only for James Cameron to go "I'll get to it when I get to it" and a decade goes by with jack poo poo.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Jose Oquendo posted:

The Avatar section opened in mid 2018. Right now, it's as off-peak as Disney World gets. Flight of Passage has had a 200+ minute wait time all week. I don't think they have to worry about a thing to get people in there. I doubt anyone's going to give a poo poo about the lore or any sort of continuity even when the new movies come out. It's a really well done ride, and the whole section is well themed and amazing to see. I don't give two shits about Avatar and I still enjoyed the whole experience. I suspect this is the case with a lot of visitors.

Your avatar and text is wild how'd you end up with that?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Your avatar and text is wild how'd you end up with that?

I posted in that thread about avatarless users. I lamented the loss of my previous one, which consisted of TLJ spoilers. I bought it the week leading up to the movie. I assume a mod removed it. I never bothered with a new one. Some random goon hooked me up I guess.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Random goon avatar benefactors

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

mallratcal posted:

I'm really hoping Avatar 2 will bomb (C'mon China) just to see what the studio does with the next 8 sequels.

I do too ever since Disney purchased Avatar. But Cameron making a bad second movie is a bet I won't put my own money in.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Groovelord Neato posted:

That's not too surprising since there's never been a good Friday the 13th.

I wanna say Jay points out how poo poo that series has been from the beginning in their Nightmare on Elm Street commentary.

Jason X is good

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Friday 13th is remarkably consistent in quality. I've seen 1 - 8 and X and none of them are bad and none of them are great. They're all OK.
7 and 8 don't do enough with their premise of Carrie vs Jason and Jason in New York.

The most disappointing thing with the series is how neutered the violence is. I've seen some cut scenes and the kills were really gory, but the films we got don't show any of that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Freddie vs Jason is hilarious

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Jason was on the boat too god drat much.

Freddy should have been on the boat. Welcome aboard, bitch!

luchajones fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jan 19, 2020

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

stephenthinkpad posted:

I can't rake the story too serious, the one-take requirement makes the terrain way too unrealistic. And you don't get any closeup shots, it's like watching somebody play a next next next gen video game for 2 hours.
ahahaha gently caress that, I didn't know it was one of those. a one take gimmick, because WW1 isn't gently caress ugly and uncomfortable enough to watch already. :cripes:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Burns posted:

It's in early pre-production. Brian K Vaughan is attached to do the screenplay.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMkMSoBdFAc

Content!!

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I have no idea how these slobs managed to get famed Escapist personality Jack Packard on their show

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

is it?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Communist Walrus posted:

I have no idea how these slobs managed to get famed Escapist personality Jack Packard on their show

Was it filmed before Jack signed the record break contract?

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

Jose Oquendo posted:

If they still care about the lore of the park they'll probably change it up.

Or they may just not care. They did that with Star Tours. It sorta fit into SW lore but after they revamped it they stopped caring.

I went in early January and they already had a TROS tie in loaded into Star Tours. We visited the remains of the DSII, then Lando puts out a call for help and we jump to the battle of exegol.

I was really amazed!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I still really enjoy how south park made the thing from tron moses

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Jack gave Linus $20 for that shirt

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

FuturePastNow posted:

Jack gave Linus $20 for that shirt

Didnt even notice

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gripweed posted:

It's in early pre-production. Brian K Vaughan is attached to do the screenplay.

Is Vaughan one of the good screenwriters or one of the bad ones.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is Vaughan one of the good screenwriters or one of the bad ones.

He's a very bad comic writer.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fartbox posted:

Random goon avatar benefactors

god bless them

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Who's the bald guy? Is this a third Canadian?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stink Billyums posted:

I still really enjoy how south park made the thing from tron moses

I can never truly love them because of their terrible politics but I still like T+M :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That Eddie Murphy Dolomite film on Netflix is really good!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Jack's back!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Paladinus posted:

Jack's back!

Jack's front hubba hubba

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

luchajones posted:

Didnt even notice

I'm a broken youtube addicted computer toucher so it's the first thing I noticed

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

FuturePastNow posted:

I'm a broken youtube addicted computer toucher so it's the first thing I noticed

I should have noticed. He shills his stuff any chance he gets

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jack loving sucks

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

I can never truly love them because of their terrible politics but I still like T+M :(
South Park is a heartwarming example of how people with lovely brains can still find a valuable role in the cultural ecosystem, imo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Jack said 'underdeveloped' in this review, which is the name of his Escapist thing.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Jack said something wrong in this video but I don't remember what it was thank you for reading my post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Communist Walrus posted:

The first few comments of his first video with them were all “Hey...why do you talk like that? You don’t have to talk like that.”

Welcome to the club guys