Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

From the elephant's perspective, it is moving to the right and is surprised to find Obama not there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Johnny Walker posted:

Reminder that Trump signed pictures of murder victims for their parents.
I had to look that up. Holy poo poo Trump just never bottoms out.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Gun Garrison posted:

Virginia is for Gun grabbers?

Governor “Blackface” Northam and his fellow Democrats in Virginia continue to roll ahead with their Soros and Bloomberg-backed gun control plans, which are a direct violation of our Second Amendment.

I was encouraged that Trump spoke out on the issue and came down firmly on the side of the patriots who want to protect their right to own firearms. This includes semi-automatic rifles, which are not ‘assault weapons’ as the Democrats claim.

Trump tweeted, “Your 2nd Amendment is under very serious attack in the Great Commonwealth of Virginia. That’s what happens when you vote for Democrats; they will take your guns away. Republicans will win Virginia in 2020. Thank you, Dems!”

Perhaps the Democrats want to spark a Civil War in the hopes that public opinion will turn against the president. They are playing with fire. When tyrants create laws to remove our rights, it’s time to remove the tyrants.
For context, Virginia’s state Commonwealth legislature went fully blue in 2019, giving Dems control of the General Assembly and Governor’s mansion for the first time in over 25 years. So they’re going crazy with bills, signing off on the ERA, getting some LGBT bills going, and yeah gun control laws.

There is a protest today at the capitol, because of course they chose the day dedicated to a black leader murdered by a gun to do it. The governor declared a state of emergency fearing violence from so many gun nuts congregating in one place. Stay tuned.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pants Donkey posted:

For context, Virginia’s state Commonwealth legislature went fully blue in 2019, giving Dems control of the General Assembly and Governor’s mansion for the first time in over 25 years. So they’re going crazy with bills, signing off on the ERA, getting some LGBT bills going, and yeah gun control laws.

There is a protest today at the capitol, because of course they chose the day dedicated to a black leader murdered by a gun to do it. The governor declared a state of emergency fearing violence from so many gun nuts congregating in one place. Stay tuned.

Not just gun nuts congregating. Neo nazis have already been arrested who were heading there with illegal weapons and tons of bullets.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

The Gun Nazi is an evolution of the Gun Nut.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Ah, yes, the Chudstaffel.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: When Bernie Met Liz, They Stopped Thinking Straight

Frederick Theodore Rall the Third, nobody would ever say the thing in your fourth panel.

Just in your adult lifetime, there have been five cases of total morons winning the Presidency, and it's not unlikely that by the end of the year, the counter will increase to six.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

I like how Garrison is such an incompetent artist he gave Northam drag marks as well so it seems Northam is being pulled by some unseen force off a cliff while clutching onto the 2nd Amendment for dead life and the totally not a neonazi "Patriot" is trying to pull him back.

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

Jagged Jim posted:

I like how Garrison is such an incompetent artist he gave Northam drag marks as well so it seems Northam is being pulled by some unseen force off a cliff while clutching onto the 2nd Amendment for dead life and the totally not a neonazi "Patriot" is trying to pull him back.

He did manage to give dark "shadows" on the face of Northam. I wonder why.

Somehow the sunlight just happens to come below..

edit: I missed the Garrison "blackface" comment.. Well, that clears it.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Celebrated patriot and prop comic John McAfee protects his inflatable gun fom assault.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Pants Donkey posted:

Guns: 1000% not penises.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
there's a gigantic danger when using a gun as a metaphor. here we have the gun as a rope in a game of tug of war. however, by making the rope a gun, the entire game changes since one end will kill you. it becomes one side trying desperately to point the barrel at themselves as the other side, the side with the trigger, tries to look innocent while holding a gun. the game becomes inherently unbalanced as one side has a gun and the other has a gun pointed at them.

also the "good guy and bad guy struggle over a gun" trope only has one use I've ever seen: the bad guy struggles to kill the good guy while the good guy tries to not die. and the good guy is never at the trigger of the gun.

basically, by replacing a harmless rope with a gun, garrison unintentionally changed the entire scene but doesn't get paid to care about details like that.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Are we still looking for a "worst gaslighting" of 2012? Because this is it right here.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Obama, who kowtowed to the GOP at every possible turn, EVEN when Dems controlled both houses. Sure, yeah.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Why the hell do people care so much about Harry and his wife? I understand there’s a weird racism angle, but it feels like everyone is treating this as a big deal when it seems rather mundane. I didn’t think he was even in line for the crown, so the gently caress?

Is it as simple as “British media is an easily distracted tirefire”

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pants Donkey posted:

Why the hell do people care so much about Harry and his wife? I understand there’s a weird racism angle, but it feels like everyone is treating this as a big deal when it seems rather mundane. I didn’t think he was even in line for the crown, so the gently caress?

Someone decided that the brown woman made the prince a soy boy. I don't know who, I don't know when, and I don't know how, but there we are.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is something to talk about that isn't Brexit.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Or Prince Andrew.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Pants Donkey posted:

It's also because this crap is just so loving blatant

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the UK Media ok. Haha of course not all media are vultures.

And now, Mike Peters catch up. For those new and unfamiliar, Peters is the guy behind ancient newspaper comic strip, Mother Goose & Grimm.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 20, 2020

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I would love to know the specific context of this cartoon, if there is any. Like what was being debated or whatever. Because this is just crazy opposite-of-reality.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Johnny Walker posted:

I would love to know the specific context of this cartoon, if there is any. Like what was being debated or whatever. Because this is just crazy opposite-of-reality.

The Congressional Budget Office predicted an upcoming recession on January 1, 2013 due to a combination of austerity cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts (which do stimulate the economy, albeit 2/3 as much as spending while going mostly to the top). Unemployment would've peaked at 9.1%, by their reckoning. Republicans wouldn't budge on reversing the across-the-board indiscriminate cuts due on March 1, supposedly a "compromise" because the cuts were greater for the Department of Defense by percentage, as if that matters when it comes to chemotherapy being ended for thousands and affordable housing being slashed. So in 2012, Congress was debating a compromise involving temporarily suspending the spending cuts in exchange for permanently extending the Bush tax cuts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/02/us/politics/senate-tax-deal-fiscal-cliff.html
https://theintercept.com/2019/06/24/joe-biden-tax-cuts-mitch-mconnell/

The "fiscal cliff" being the topic would explain the cliffs in the cartoon.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 20, 2020

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

It’s 2012 so probably the fight over the debt ceiling. They kicked the can to next year in 2012, but the fight began anew for that year.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Jagged Jim posted:

With what I know about politoons I can only conclude that the debt black hole is just off screen.

Also yeah Garrison remains absolutely terrible at drawing or implying movement.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Holy poo poo gently caress off

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Looks like everyone got marching orders on Nancy Pelosi and her pens.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Holy shiiiiiiit this might be my fav branco

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Getting Over It with Jerry Nadler

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pants Donkey posted:

Let's pretend I'm the average idiot in this explanation. I see people living a life that from my outside perspective is a literal fantasy.
Rich, famous, literally royalty, doesn't have to do any sort of work except show up for the occasional photo op*
And they literally just threw it all away! And now I'm angry, because I would all but kill to be in their position and I never will be, meanwhile, they have it dropped in their lap and loving leave it behind.
*Obviously not true, but remember, I'm an average idiot who doesn't know any better

It's the same mentality you see when celebrities cheat on each other.
"How could he cheat on somebody so friggin' hot!? I would never cheat on her if I were her husband!"

It ignores every bit of context and only focuses on the surface area since that's all anyone who isn't involved actually gets to see.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pakled posted:

The reason it came up is because someone who wasn't familiar with the origin of the term "gay abortions" thought the "gay" in the title was being used pejoratively, like we were edgy 00's teens saying "these cartoons are so GAY," so I think keeping "gay" in the title for the thread compiling the worst cartoons doesn't solve that issue.

So the title has nothing to do with homosexuality, and is an inside joke mocking an infamous cartoon, and somebody completely unfamiliar with the thread or its history Kramer's in to complain that it's bigoted, and instead of calling them a dumbass who should read and lurk the thread their complaint is being considered as if it's legitimate?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I don't like "gaybies" because it sounds stupid and makes me think of "golden manbabies".

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Gaybies Nomination: Least-Concealed Bigotry

Gaybies Nomination: Loudest "oh, gently caress YOU" shouted at the screen

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

galenanorth posted:

The Congressional Budget Office predicted an upcoming recession on January 1, 2013 due to a combination of austerity cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts (which do stimulate the economy, albeit 2/3 as much as spending while going mostly to the top). Unemployment would've peaked at 9.1%, by their reckoning. Republicans wouldn't budge on reversing the across-the-board indiscriminate cuts due on March 1, supposedly a "compromise" because the cuts were greater for the Department of Defense by percentage, as if that matters when it comes to chemotherapy being ended for thousands and affordable housing being slashed. So in 2012, Congress was debating a compromise involving temporarily suspending the spending cuts in exchange for permanently extending the Bush tax cuts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/02/us/politics/senate-tax-deal-fiscal-cliff.html
https://theintercept.com/2019/06/24/joe-biden-tax-cuts-mitch-mconnell/

The "fiscal cliff" being the topic would explain the cliffs in the cartoon.

Pants Donkey posted:

It’s 2012 so probably the fight over the debt ceiling. They kicked the can to next year in 2012, but the fight began anew for that year.
Ah I forgot all about the "Fiscal Cliff," thanks. But to be fair it was like 50–60 years ago, right?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

So the title has nothing to do with homosexuality, and is an inside joke mocking an infamous cartoon, and somebody completely unfamiliar with the thread or its history Kramer's in to complain that it's bigoted, and instead of calling them a dumbass who should read and lurk the thread their complaint is being considered as if it's legitimate?

Well yeah, it's a good opportunity to question whether the name is still relevant despite the misunderstandings it can cause.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Bunch of stuff happening at the moment. Sports rorts still going, Canberra hit by hail storm, Scott Morrison picking fights with Matt Kean the NSW state environment minister despite both being in the same party.

Spooner:

Zanetti:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Gaybies Nomination: Loudest "oh, gently caress YOU" shouted at the screen

If they were more common, I'd recommend making a Best Void Fetus category, because they never cease to be some of the worst poo poo ever

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

You literally do not and can not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on press coverage of Harry and Meghan – Rebecca Long-Bailey has condemned the treatment of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex by the media as “intrusive and racist”, after the Queen announced plans for them to step back from royal duties"

Telegraph:

After Monty Python.

Matt:

Tony Hall to step down as BBC director general

Independent:

House of Lords may move out of London to 'reconnect' with public

Times:

After Nasaccio.

Evening Standard: