Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

manchild behavior to walk into the kitchen, see "free food," and eat it without consideration for the person who made it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Kuros posted:

I understand "it's just a game" but in a sense it was a creative project that he was working on as well. She pretty much just waltzed over, squeezed out the acrylic paints and sat there laughing as she smeared everything around.

He should sue for $2500.

:five:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I will admit that as a regular reader of the Griefing thread in Games, reading about that GF's trail of destruction had me lmaoing, but no dude you're not the rear end in a top hat about being mad, but you will be if you keep ignoring her.

Also how the gently caress did she manage to do so much damage without him noticing? Like, where was he when this was happening?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

"Hi Honey, go to my room I'll see you after watching TV with my cousin for 2 hours. Don't break anything in the game I left open!"

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Tesseraction posted:

I will admit that as a regular reader of the Griefing thread in Games, reading about that GF's trail of destruction had me lmaoing, but no dude you're not the rear end in a top hat about being mad, but you will be if you keep ignoring her.

Also how the gently caress did she manage to do so much damage without him noticing? Like, where was he when this was happening?

Oh poo poo, is the griefing thread back?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I don't think so, but good point, I'll ask VG.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I don't know, I think it's one thing to grief random strangers but another to grief your own partner. Kind of like a mean-spirited "prank". He said he was playing this world with his little cousin but didn't bring up the kid or their reaction so I'm guessing they're not really in the picture, but meh. I'm not at all one of those creative types in games so the people who go all out to build castles and stuff are interesting, I imagine if I put in time into something like that and my partner purposefully deleted it I'd be pissed.

Solution is to have a mature discussion about it and go from there.

edit: if the little cousin was still playing and had their poo poo destroyed and is an actual little kid then I'd definitely think that would fall under mean-spirited and unnecessary but given how the post was focused on himself I don't think that's in real consideration here

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for "getting too upset" over a game?

Video game or not, Minecraft is a creative outlet with a no take-backs save system.

If the girlfriend had come in and stomped all over his model airplane collection, it wouldn't be a question.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Clocks posted:

I don't know, I think it's one thing to grief random strangers but another to grief your own partner. Kind of like a mean-spirited "prank". He said he was playing this world with his little cousin but didn't bring up the kid or their reaction so I'm guessing they're not really in the picture, but meh. I'm not at all one of those creative types in games so the people who go all out to build castles and stuff are interesting, I imagine if I put in time into something like that and my partner purposefully deleted it I'd be pissed.

Solution is to have a mature discussion about it and go from there.

edit: if the little cousin was still playing and had their poo poo destroyed and is an actual little kid then I'd definitely think that would fall under mean-spirited and unnecessary but given how the post was focused on himself I don't think that's in real consideration here

Yeah I want to say that I don't think what she did was all right, I was just feeling my griefreude tingling. The little cousin is definitely the thing that makes what she did really lovely. I still just want to know how she managed to wreak so much devastation without him noticing. Like if she had to go and look poo poo up to figure it out?

I mean that's also a sign that she was being a dick. At least do something comedy annoying like finding one of his kilns where he's making glass and just make a 1x1 glass tower beside it. Remember someone doing that to someone on the server I tried back in the early days and hearing him go "oh for gently caress's sake who turned my glass into a tower?" on the mic was hilarious

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
GF jealous of him spending time with other people /not her. Ruins game out of spite. Strops off at him for investing any emotions into a kids game. If they stay together she's gonna wreck ANYTHING he gets into that she disapproves of.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sloth Life posted:

GF jealous of him spending time with other people /not her. Ruins game out of spite. Strops off at him for investing any emotions into a kids game. If they stay together she's gonna wreck ANYTHING he gets into that she disapproves of.

yeah the girlfriend is 100% in the wrong

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

AITA for insisting we keep the Xbox in our future baby’s nursery?

Throwaway account.

My longtime girlfriend (30F) and I (38M) are having a baby later this year. We live in a pretty small house with two bedrooms. One room is currently our bedroom, and the other is an office/gaming room. That has my xbox set up (desk, console, monitor, chair), as well as a couch, some office poo poo (printer, bookshelves, etc.), and my GF’s crafting stuff.

We started discussing the baby’s room today, and she is insisting that I set the Xbox up in our bedroom or the living room. I am firmly against this. I love my GF and am excited about this baby, but I don’t think i should have to give up my personal space for a baby who is going to be sleeping most of the time anyways. This is my one space that I have to call my own - 6 square feet. The baby wouldn’t know the difference anyways.

We can’t do the setup in our bedroom because I wouldn’t have space for my chair. And I don’t want it to be in the living room, because that’s too much of a shared living space. All I want is to maintain a little space for myself to do what I enjoy in peace. I don’t go out and party with the boys, I hold down a good job, I do my share around the house...is it too much to ask to keep my space to jam some games with my boys?

So AITA for digging my heels in and demanding that I get to keep my Xbox setup in the baby’s room?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

HMS Beagle posted:

Throwaway account.

My longtime girlfriend (30F) and I (38M) are having a baby later this year. We live in a pretty small house with two bedrooms. One room is currently our bedroom, and the other is an office/gaming room. That has my xbox set up (desk, console, monitor, chair), as well as a couch, some office poo poo (printer, bookshelves, etc.), and my GF’s crafting stuff.

We started discussing the baby’s room today, and she is insisting that I set the Xbox up in our bedroom or the living room. I am firmly against this. I love my GF and am excited about this baby, but I don’t think i should have to give up my personal space for a baby who is going to be sleeping most of the time anyways. This is my one space that I have to call my own - 6 square feet. The baby wouldn’t know the difference anyways.

We can’t do the setup in our bedroom because I wouldn’t have space for my chair. And I don’t want it to be in the living room, because that’s too much of a shared living space. All I want is to maintain a little space for myself to do what I enjoy in peace. I don’t go out and party with the boys, I hold down a good job, I do my share around the house...is it too much to ask to keep my space to jam some games with my boys?

So AITA for digging my heels in and demanding that I get to keep my Xbox setup in the baby’s room?

lmao YTA

young children are incompatible with personal space/time. dude better get this sorted out and flushed from his system before he has to grapple with the idea that a child needs an entire room for themselves, not just a corner of the gaming office. congrats on being a father!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Looking forward to the followup about the huge blowup he has with his girlfriend when some baby thing disrupts his sacrosanct gaming schedule

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

HMS Beagle posted:

When does this moron think he's going to be doing his precious vidyagames in what is now the baby's room? When it's sleeping, which even he knows is going to be a lot of the time? YTA, grow the gently caress up.

Of course nothing is more important to reddit than defending gaming and its perceived importance though so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some really dumbfuck comments and bad advice on that one.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

HMS Beagle posted:

Where's her crafting stuff going to go? His stuff goes there too. If he thinks her crafting days are behind her because motherhood LMAO what an arsehooooole.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Babies, famously known for spending all day sleeping and requiring minimal care.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
imagine your child's first word being a gamer word

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

From the man’s point of view, the child will be an obnoxious roommate and not his responsibility.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

luxury handset posted:

imagine your child's first word being a gamer word

"Fwag"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
How is the living room "too much of a shared space" for the xbox ???

That statement make sense if you live with roommates or some poo poo. But it's just dude/wife/baby.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hey, if he WERE to ensure that the baby’s first video game is Frog Fractions, he would retroactively not be the rear end in a top hat

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Chomp8645 posted:

How is the living room "too much of a shared space" for the xbox ???

That statement make sense if you live with roommates or some poo poo. But it's just dude/wife/baby.

he wants to retain some aspect of individual autonomy, which is a very unrealistic ask for a middle aged man living in a two bedroom house with his family which is is family whether or not he's ready to accept that fact

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

My son [22M] and I [54F] watched Michelle Wolf joking about moms’ curiosity about their son's penis

quote:

We watched Michelle Wolf's new Netflix special "Joke Show" - here's the transcript of that part:

"Do you think moms want to know how their sons’ penis turned out?...I just think she had a lot to do with that, and then she never got to see what grade she got. Think about it, she grew the penis for a while, and then she had the baby, and for several years made sure the penis was safe and clean, and then this poor woman sent that penis out into the world, and she never got to see how the movie ended. I think, men, I think you should show your mom your penis. I think you’re out there showing your penis to people who don’t want to see it, show it to the one person… who really wants to see it. Your mommy! Go ahead, pull out your phones right now! I know y’all got a dick pic on there! Send that sweet, sweet dick pic to your mommy! And she’ll be like, “Oh! There’s my little guy.”

Was pretty awkward watching that together! I have to admit I am a bit curious about how he turned out. Do you think that's normal, or wrong? Of course I would never ask him or want to see it. But do you think most moms wonder about this a little?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

luxury handset posted:

he wants to retain some aspect of individual autonomy, which is a very unrealistic ask for a middle aged man living in a two bedroom house with his family which is is family whether or not he's ready to accept that fact

God, I didn't even notice the ages. I thought he was like 27 or something, not pushing 40.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"I;m thinking about thos peens"

- Moms

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.

DemoneeHo posted:

The emotionally mature thing would be to talk things over with your girlfriend, and discuss how having all of that hard work ruined was a slap in the face. And you should also learn to how to channel your frustrations in a healthy way instead of kicking her out and ignoring her for a couple days.

Or you could punch her cake or somethin. Your choice.

If I was puzzle-inclined, and did one of those horrible 5000-piece same colour monstrosities and it took me loving forever because they're supposed to, and my partner smashed it up and snipped pieces in half and then peed over the whole mess and laughed like it was some kind of hilarious joke, I would absolutely kick them out but only after dumping them first.

I do not care what legal hobbies you loving have. Someone who shits all over your efforts in what you enjoy doesn't respect you and won't understand why this wasn't okay. I think it's really easy to crap on someone who likes to play video games, but she's gonna do this to anything. (Not to mention he was playing with a goddamn child and this was partly their work too.)

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

DemoneeHo posted:

Tthis is a massive red flag. This bitch is going to ruin any kids you have with her and shes sure as gently caress never going to respect what you do with your time. Judging by your lovely friends reactions she might be pretty hot though so you should definitely find a better girlfriend and ditch her later citing a different reason so you seem less lame lmao

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Frog Act posted:

My son [22M] and I [54F] watched Michelle Wolf joking about moms’ curiosity about their son's penis

Universe level trolling.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

DaveWoo posted:

WIBTA if I refused to take money that was held in someone’s bra?

Rub their change on your own nipples.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
My (23f) boyfriend (29m) hates that I wear boxers to bed

quote:

We've been together 3 months.

My sleepwear consists entirely of tank tops and underwear. I have underwear for during the day and for dates, which is primarily small and lacey, and then I've got women's briefs and men's boxers (usually a cotton blend) for sleeping. They're really comfy and really big. I don't think they're ugly, they're just not very cute.

My boyfriend slept over last night and I went to get dressed for bed and as I pull out the briefs he goes "do you have to wear those?" so I pull out the boxers. He says that's worse and asks if I can wear some of my "nice" underwear to bed. I tell him that wearing lace all day and then overnight and again the following day is how you get yeast infections and he asks me why I had to mention yeast infections.

I put them on and go to get into bed and he asks me to take them off, not for sex, but just so I'm not wearing boxers to bed. I ask him what the big deal is and he says "forgive me for wanting to find you attractive". I don't know what to say to that but he rolls over, straight to sleep, no cuddling.

This morning I wake him, we kiss, I'm thinking it'll lead to sex, but he touches my boxers, stops, gets dressed and leaves.

This is starting to affect my self esteem just a bit. I'm only wearing them because they're comfortable and I don't want to buy all new stuff, but this is apparently a real turn off for him and it's causing problems. What do I do to fix this issue without completely caving?

TL;DR: Boyfriend hates me wearing boxers to bed, wants me to wear my regular underwear to bed, and says boxers are a turn off. I like wearing them and don't want to buy new sleepwear. Is there a compromise that doesn't involve me sleeping with my arse out?

UPDATE: texted and asked. He thinks it's "gay". As a bisexual woman I cannot see an alternative to breaking up right now.

Edit: He is not gay. Or bi. Or otherwise experiencing internalized homophobia. 99% of homophobes are straight. He is within that 99%.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

HMS Beagle posted:

lmao this dude's 38 and complaining about his xbox space

grow up and get a nintendo switch so that you can play handheld in your brief moments of free time

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Ignis posted:

AITA? My parents forced us to be homeschooled, is it bad that we joke about it?

gently caress this was satisfying to read.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [21M] girlfriend [20F] has become very close with my friends and is now planning to move in with one of them without me. I feel left out.

My girlfriend and I are at college together, she didn't have a lot of friends when she met me and quickly became friends with my group. Great, no problem, I love it when my romantic partners get on with my friends. But recently she's been hanging out with one of my male friends [21M] and has been asking that I don't come. I didn't really mind this at first as I'm not jealous and I trust her, but I feel like she shouldn't be able to ask me to not come, especially since my friend(s) say they don't mind me coming. I normally let it slide because I know she doesn't have many close friends in our college town so I let her socialize, however, the same friend has now asked to live with her next year as his living situation has fallen through. This feels like a step that I'm not sure I'm comfortable with but I'm not sure that I'll sound reasonable to object to it.

Will I be irrational asking that they don't? I feel selfish but I also feel like it's healthy to have separate friend groups, and this is becoming a little too close?

It's also worth adding that he didn't ask me if it was okay before he asked her, I've only just found out about this because she told me she's looking for places.

tl;dr My girlfriend has become very close with my friends which I don't mind, but is now asking me not to come when she hangs out with them, and is planning to move in with one of them but neither of them ran it by me before making these plans

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [21M] girlfriend [20F] has become very close with my friends and is now planning to move in with one of them without me. I feel left out.

STOP

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Frog Act posted:

Just play a digimon game if you want to see something small and innocent turn into a monster, lady.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Bag of Hamsters posted:

I do not care what legal hobbies you loving have. Someone who shits all over your efforts in what you enjoy doesn't respect you and won't understand why this wasn't okay. I think it's really easy to crap on someone who likes to play video games, but she's gonna do this to anything. (Not to mention he was playing with a goddamn child and this was partly their work too.)

It's totally fine for the peanut gallery to laugh at someone playing minecraft for months. But someone who is supposed to care about you shouldn't break your poo poo, even if it is lame.

Patrick Spens fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 21, 2020

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

HMS Beagle posted:

...is it too much to ask to keep my space to jam some games with my boys?

YOU ARE 38! SOON YOU WILL BE 40! You have not been a boy for a very long time.

What kind of twat needs a desk and chair to play a console game anyway? That's what sofas are for.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

idk what goons are talking about. I had many fond memories of my dad playing video games in my bedroom while I was taking my afternoon nap.

And by bedroom I mean my bed was in the corner of his gaming office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My girlfriend and I are at college together, she didn't have a lot of friends when she met me and quickly became friends with my group. Great, no problem, I love it when my romantic partners get on with my friends. But recently she's been hanging out with one of my male friends [21M] and has been asking that I don't come. I didn't really mind this at first as I'm not jealous and I trust her, but I feel like she shouldn't be able to ask me to not come, especially since my friend(s) say they don't mind me coming. I normally let it slide because I know she doesn't have many close friends in our college town so I let her socialize, however, the same friend has now asked to live with her next year as his living situation has fallen through. This feels like a step that I'm not sure I'm comfortable with but I'm not sure that I'll sound reasonable to object to it.

Will I be irrational asking that they don't? I feel selfish but I also feel like it's healthy to have separate friend groups, and this is becoming a little too close?

It's also worth adding that he didn't ask me if it was okay before he asked her, I've only just found out about this because she told me she's looking for places.

tl;dr My girlfriend has become very close with my friends which I don't mind, but is now asking me not to come when she hangs out with them, and is planning to move in with one of them but neither of them ran it by me before making these plans

How long is it going to take for this guy to realize he's not in a relationship anymore? The wedding?