Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Mordja posted:

Bethesda had also flown her over to record lines for their next Elder Scrolls game.

Yeah, she’s an NPC in the next TES but, who knows? She might not live to 88 so fans put her in Skyrim now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Mordja posted:

Today, in celebration of its final part being released, I'm gonna talk about an Awful Mod that I love.

Just Another Day is a long-running, satirical mod series for Freespace 2. It's got disco music. It's got impenetrable references to the FS2 modding community. It's got Derek Smart as a featured antagonist. And then it gets weird. And then it gets anime.

You see, I'd essentially divide the series between JADs1-3 and the later-developed JADs2.2.1-2.2.3. Yes this makes no sense, yes this is confusing. The former mods are a strange but comparatively traditional set of missions. You play as Alpha 1, the default callsign of the player character in almost every official and fan-made FS2 campaign, and must battle the machinations of FRED aka the game's editing program. In the latter series you play as three different anime teen archetypes (spoiled daddy's girl who's in love with the platonic ideal of Alpha 1, fame-obsessed hotshot ladykiller with a dark past, and completely bland, forgettable male character with brown hair) and must pilot experimental fighters to defend the galaxy against the devastating Beta Testers in a very obvious parody of Evangelion. Between campaign missions the mod features a fully functioning visual novel and it is a loooooooooooot.

Luckily, the writing is silly and even mostly funny, and the gameplay itself is a blast. JAD2.2 plays very differently from the base game in that many of its levels are boss fights, and your ships are nimble and borderline-OP. You're swatting down hordes of fighters with ridiculous firepower before hitting the berserk mode and doing the same to capitals. Despite its ridiculous nature, the things this mod does to the Freespace Open engine are nothing short of mindblowing. If you've got a copy of Freespace 2 and a tolerance for anime and disco, you owe it to yourself to give it a go. If you don't own a copy of Freespace 2 then I don't even consider you human.

Can we get a link to it, or am I not seeing it in the post?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Max Wilco posted:

Can we get a link to it, or am I not seeing it in the post?

Sorry. The easiest way to get FS2 mods, patches and mediaVPs up and running is to install the game and then just download Knossos. It's an all-in-one launcher that makes that stuff dead simple.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AByrtzjPmN0

It's old but I only just saw it.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31878

quote:

Delicate mammary veins (modders resource)
If you enjoy constantly playing with the female anatomy as I do, then you may appreciate these delicate hand crafted mammary veins to add to your extensive library of nipples, moles, pubes, peach fuzz, scars and tattoos.

Wow your friends and family with the attention to detail that you've given to your Skyrim modding by showing off these little oxygenated highways that provide love, life and nourishment to the world.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Not gonna lie, I kinda giggled at that description.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

At least they're acknowledging that women aren't flawless porcelain dolls, I guess

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cup Runneth Over posted:

At least they're acknowledging that women aren't flawless porcelain dolls, I guess

Honestly I was a little relieved when I saw how... reserved the breasts were in the screen shots.

Also laughed that the screenshots are really just of one POV slightly pulling away.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

They're depicted with the loving detail of someone who I feel like absolutely is sexually attracted to that flaw.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Well, that's pretty much a given. I am totally going to call veins little oxygenated highways of love from now on, though.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Cardiovorax posted:

Well, that's pretty much a given. I am totally going to call veins little oxygenated highways of love from now on, though.

Veins are deoxygenated tho

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
"Pale-skinned and blue-eyed, hair so fair it's almost white, wine-colored lips, and round, full breasts with the veins running through them like a good cheese" -- American Gods

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Calm down, Neil. Contain your boner.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/PrinceWhatever/status/1218480636689821696?s=19

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So uh, there is this mod that adds human farming to Rimworld.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Leal posted:

So uh, there is this mod that adds human farming to Rimworld.

I think you mean there are two mods that add human farming to Rimworld

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

That’s more Dr. Seuss and way less Cronenberg Body Horror than I was expecting.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Quicksilver6 posted:

That’s more Dr. Seuss and way less Cronenberg Body Horror than I was expecting.

What if you grow these humans and then remove their organs to give to your other colonists?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I mean that's the core gameplay of Rimworld anyway. Organ harvest.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I expected that to be literal, but not that literal. That almost wraps back around to funny.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

HenryEx posted:

Veins are deoxygenated tho

do not worry, the mod is on it

quote:

18 January 2020, 4:05AM
Holy crap! You are right. I drew these thinking they were veins when I should have drawn these thinking they were arteries. drat, that changes everything. We should delete it all and I'll start over again, But not before I get my doctorate in gynecology so I don't make these idiotic mistakes again.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32014

Hey, weird dudes are at it again! Apparently Meridia's voice is "ear rape." Judging by the sound of the new one, it's because she isn't trying to sound like a fuckable waifu.

It's not enough for this guy in the comments though, bet he'd be happier if her lines were more submissive:

quote:

This is just shy of fixing a problem I was complaining about yesterday. The voice is a million times better but it doesn't help using the same commanding dialogue. I assume it's not possible for multiple reasons, the foremost being this is an upload, but slightly altered lines would be very fitting for a mod like this.

All the comments for the LE version waver between confusion and thinly veiled thanks for their boners, I hate it. What's with these guys and being weird about women's voices?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean she's a daedric prince, like king poo poo of demon mountain, why wouldn't she be bossy?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

lol, Meridia is the best-acted daedra in the game, these people are loons.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OwlFancier posted:

I mean she's a daedric prince, like king poo poo of demon mountain, why wouldn't she be bossy?

quote:

Andrea sounds like a princess, especially compared to vanilla!

They want a waifu

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ajkalan posted:

She does do a very credible "urgh my temple's got necromancers in it fml" performance.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

women's voices are either too deep and manly or too high pitched and annoying, wish these people would make up their minds

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Midnight Voyager posted:

They want a waifu

"A new hand touches the boner! Listen. Hear me and obey. A foul darkness has seeped into my game..."

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ajkalan posted:

:emptyquote:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

quote:

Dialogue Edits version changes certain lines (e.g. "Do you prefer heedlessness to my luminous glory? Go!" becomes "Do you prefer heedlessness to my luminous glory? I urge you, go!" and "Of course you will. I have commanded it" becomes a simple "Good.").
I urge you, s-s-senpai, go ~uguu

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32014

Hey, weird dudes are at it again! Apparently Meridia's voice is "ear rape." Judging by the sound of the new one, it's because she isn't trying to sound like a fuckable waifu.

It's not enough for this guy in the comments though, bet he'd be happier if her lines were more submissive:

All the comments for the LE version waver between confusion and thinly veiled thanks for their boners, I hate it. What's with these guys and being weird about women's voices?

South African-Australian Meridia is a little TOO evil for me thanks

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Crocoswine posted:

women's voices are either too deep and manly or too high pitched and annoying, wish these people would make up their minds

Just make all women voiced by a japanese girl and the nerds will think its very deep and cultural and wouldn't know if it was bad voice acting or not because they don't understand the language.

Like every other nerd that only watches subs.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

OwlFancier posted:

She does do a very credible "urgh my temple's got necromancers in it fml" performance.

I just came HOME and my house is infected with BUGS and GODDAMMIT

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What they should do is rerecord all the daedra except keep the original voice styles, but replace the actual dialogue with valley girl speak.

Including the random ones you encounter in the world with the silly warbly vocoder effects.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

aniviron posted:

"A new hand touches the boner! Listen. Hear me and obey. A foul darkness has seeped into my game..."

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: "A new hand touches the boner! "

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its like redubbing Christopher Lee with Ed Sheeran, for the idea of a male equivalent.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think the only issue I have with meridia as a voice is that I can recite the first few lines of dialogue from loving memory because they happen every drat playthrough, while I very rarely actually complete the quest because it's out of the way and I don't need the sword.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah, just quickloot a random boss chest and boom, dialogue screaming at you at max volume out of nowhere.

It's probably the only Daedric weapon I reliably use though. A lot of the Daedric artifacts feel kinda lacklustre in my opinion.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh sure it's one of the better artifacts, I just can never be arsed with any of them for the most part :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yeah, just quickloot a random boss chest and boom, dialogue screaming at you at max volume out of nowhere.
Fits her personality, if nothing else. "Bitch, you have been volunteered! Here is what you are going to do:"