Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
A coronavirus (same family as 2002's SARS, but also other harmless stuff) has been reported in China, Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand, Japan and (announced just now) the US. One case so far in Seattle, the CDC says they expect further cases.

It has killed six people so far in the Wuhan area of China since December. There are 308 confirmed cases (also in China I think). Experts from Imperial College estimate the actual number of patients at 1700.

Person-to-person contagion has been confirmed. Also a ton of Chinese people are travelling at the moment for their new year celebrations.

Please use this thread to discuss your plans to save the world (SA successfully curbed Ebola by grounding all planes I recall), and how you plan to spend your last few days after those plans have failed

Burt edit: Performative Bloodlust posting prohibition is now in effect. Punch up not down when making jokes as well. Thank you for your attention

Burt edit 2: this is not the place to make subtle racist jabs by saying China flu or Kung flu or whatever. Even if the president feels it’s ok, I’m not ok with it. Thank you!

Burt edit 3: gbs does have a no politix rule overall, however itt you can post it itt if it’s related to covid. Just not primary chat, hillary sucks, etc

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's honestly refreshing to hear about something that might kill us besides climate change or Trump.

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Finally.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Crankin' this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBY7FnkNI4c

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It's honestly refreshing to hear about something that might kill us besides climate change or Trump.

Both of those things are probably pretty big factors, tbh.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I hosed the virus

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

phasmid posted:

Both of those things are probably pretty big factors, tbh.

Yeah. :smith:

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
I'll start worrying when it gets to SARS or Swine Flu levels of outbreak.
Heck even ebola wasn't all that worrying for anybody in the west.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
I wish the zombie apocalypse would hurry up and happen, I want to start capping motherfuckers :blastu: :twisted:

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Doesn't look like it's that big of a deal:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/china-virus-kills-two-more-patients-as-authorities-step-up-control-measures-11579614626

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

poty posted:

It has killed six people so far in the Wuhan area of China since December. There are 308 confirmed cases (also in China I think).

so it only kills 2% of the people it infects?

that's a weak rear end virus, you probably won't even notice which person stopped showing up at the office.

you need at least 25% lethality to make your morning commute slightly more bearable!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'll have to play through a round of Plague Inc and name it coronavirus. That'll keep us up to date on how worried we should be.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Get tested please. You are quite promiscuous.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

only Jeb! can save us

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Death is inevitable, OP.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

you hosed me

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
So covfefe was a misspelling

Makes sense

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I don't drink Corona so I'll be fine.

Lol just kidding, I'm gonna buy a 12 pack just to make sure I get it.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

1redflag posted:

Death is inevitable, OP.

My infamy will live on forever.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

dudeness posted:

I don't drink Corona so I'll be fine.

Lol just kidding, I'm gonna buy a 12 pack just to make sure I get it.
ive got the Budweiseritis

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

poty posted:

Person-to-person contagion has been confirmed.
im safe

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Lol

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

r u ready to WALK posted:

so it only kills 2% of the people it infects?

that's a weak rear end virus, you probably won't even notice which person stopped showing up at the office.

you need at least 25% lethality to make your morning commute slightly more bearable!

Bear in mind those numbers are coming from the PRC, who were denying that there was person to person transmission at all until yesterday. I'd take anything they say with a grain of salt.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Tell that to Joe Biden!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wait 'til Trump cures the virus. You guys are gonna feel real dumb for not supporting our savior!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Conor McGregor just endorsed Trump. I mean he could always eat a dick but now I hope the person whose dick he eats has coronavirus.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

This is nothing but the media hasn't had a good Swine Flu/SARS/Zika paranoia recently so they're alllll over it.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Flying internationally tomorrow. Europe to States. So I can't wait to be stuck an ocean away from my cat while the world wheezes to death. I was honestly hoping to age my way out of vulnerability of these flus. Basically if you're young you're hosed.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I'm CHINESE and I'm in your neighborhood! Just SNEEZIN', sneezing EVERYWHERE. All over your HOUSE your DOG your BAKED GOODS hell yes join me friends

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/DailyMirror/status/1219647087312195586

Even if it's a killer virus I still think threatening to shoot people in the head with that grey and blue gun is overreacting a bit

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
新年快乐

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
That's a weak rear end disease OP. The final killer will be a norovirus so we all puke and poo poo ourselves to death. That's what I call an rear end disease.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm CHINESE and I'm in your neighborhood! Just SNEEZIN', sneezing EVERYWHERE. All over your HOUSE your DOG your BAKED GOODS hell yes join me friends

im in ur base sneezing on ur d00dz

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

weak rear end chinese cold
who the gently caress cares

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

1redflag posted:

im in ur base sneezing on ur d00dz

gently caress, I've lost face now

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
This better loving work.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I'm sure the anti-vaccinators are to blame

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I'm sure the anti-vaccinators are to blame

Even if they're not, I blame them.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Uhg, these end times are taking forever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

ive got the Budweiseritis

I believe the scientific term is Drinkenstein