Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Dreqqus posted:

This was so awful that I now love stadia. It's some kind of weird psychological immune response.

Hostile, to whom would I report to be paid for my change of heart?

Just buy a founder's edition and share the buddy code with your best friends.
Also open a free account on reddit, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

If their track record with Daydream and Android TV are anything to go by, they've already given up on it, they'll just let it shamble on a little longer before they quietly remove it from their online store and scrub all evidence of its existence, and then a little longer past that before they officially announce its impending death.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Dreqqus posted:

This was so awful that I now love stadia. It's some kind of weird psychological immune response.

Hostile, to whom would I report to be paid for my change of heart?

Your check will come from Manscaped, but you need to share this 20% off referral link first...

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

limaCAT posted:

Just buy a founder's edition and share the buddy code with your best friends.
Also open a free account on reddit, I guess?

Jokes on you, I don't have friends.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Jokes on you you are supposed to share the Stadia with your enemies so that they become a poor from internet overage fees

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

And you don't already have Stadia?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Just quietly stadiaing at this Switch rooftop party until senpai notices me.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Your check will come from Manscaped, but you need to share this 20% off referral link first...

I laughed at this.

Put in offer code 'stadiashavedmytaint' at Manscaped for up to 20% off your first order of ball cream.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

This is getting a little crazy. I am so sick and tired of youtube content whose sole purpose is to disparage Stadia. This video is one of the worst offenders I've seen recently.

The fact that people like this are finding joy in the concept of Stadia loosing players or not doing well is some of the most immature and asinine behavior folks in the gaming industry can engage in. Taking shots at something's shortcomings for fun without giving any credence to what it may be doing well.

These people contribute nothing to the industry and its future development, and this is the youtube equivalent of shameful sensationalist reporting. Its perfectly fine and acceptable to not like a platform for any number of reasons, but to continually dog it and wish for its downfall for pioneering new technology is just childish.

Anyone doing this should be ashamed for ever believing themselves to be a real "gamer." The real gamers out there are supporting anything and everything that can drive the industry forward, not wallowing in this tribalistic hatemongering the moment something challenges the status quo.

I was reluctant to even post a link to this video as to not drive more views to it. If you check it out and agree with me on how silly this type of content is, be sure to give it a thumbs down. I used to like Inside Gaming and subscribed to their channel, but no more.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

leftist heap posted:

This is getting a little crazy. I am so sick and tired of youtube content whose sole purpose is to disparage Stadia. This video is one of the worst offenders I've seen recently.

The fact that people like this are finding joy in the concept of Stadia loosing players or not doing well is some of the most immature and asinine behavior folks in the gaming industry can engage in. Taking shots at something's shortcomings for fun without giving any credence to what it may be doing well.

These people contribute nothing to the industry and its future development, and this is the youtube equivalent of shameful sensationalist reporting. Its perfectly fine and acceptable to not like a platform for any number of reasons, but to continually dog it and wish for its downfall for pioneering new technology is just childish.

Anyone doing this should be ashamed for ever believing themselves to be a real "gamer." The real gamers out there are supporting anything and everything that can drive the industry forward, not wallowing in this tribalistic hatemongering the moment something challenges the status quo.

I was reluctant to even post a link to this video as to not drive more views to it. If you check it out and agree with me on how silly this type of content is, be sure to give it a thumbs down. I used to like Inside Gaming and subscribed to their channel, but no more.

...but with bitcoin

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Making fun of Stadia is the purest form of "punching down" and should be frowned upon. Please leave poor Google alone. They're trying their best.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Cemetry Gator posted:

Stadia is for all those frozen people from the 90s.

Your honor, I’m just a simple caveman lawyer, but I think Stadia has a lot going for it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the similarity between stadia folks and tesla folks is bananas, including talking about "pioneering new technologies" when they have not even come close to doing anything of the sort

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The best comment on that Inside Gaming video is probably "More people are probably playing Fallout 76"

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

cams posted:

the similarity between stadia folks and tesla folks is bananas, including talking about "pioneering new technologies" when they have not even come close to doing anything of the sort

Can't wait for Google to launch a 40000 satellite mesh network to bring Stadia everywhere on Earth!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

quote:

Someone posted a meme in rdr2 sub about having to delete everything to install rdr2... Followed by a bunch of people saying they did the same or offloaded data to externals to fit the game. I simple said, I used Stadia and uninstalled nothing. Got flamed to hell and every subsequent comment I made in defense got 20 downvotes. It's pathetic how uninformed and stubborn people are.

Like, hey, there's a better solution to your problem: pitchforks

quote:

Yeah.. I said I uninstalled nothing... Response was, that's a total loss...I replied moron. Someone replied like an rear end in a top hat,I replied in kind. My benign comment of I uninstalled nothing and used Stadia had -17 before I said anything else.

quote:

Cyperpunk also got delayed until September and there’s a fairly good chance it’s to allow for Stadia release.

quote:

I blame the initial reviews by tech youtubers pooping on Stadia on launch day. Yeah there were issues. But everything got fix in the next few days. They gave Stadia a bad name and now everyone is hating on it.

quote:

Why don’t you blame Google for releasing it the way they did?

quote:

You mean for releasing a near flawless streaming system...I don't know that blame is the appropriate word.

quote:

People fear change. They'll get over it but first they have to rant and rave about how it's the worst thing since sliced bread and witches...

quote:

They're just jealous.

quote:

Same stuff diffrent thread lol I commented that, so far no hackers on stadia rdr2 online ....I guess I thru a stadia hand grenade lol got talked down to. I just said good luck with ur wagons n horses spontaneously combusting as soon as you log in

...!
Oct 5, 2003

quote:

My 4 year old i swear is a re incarnated farmer. his love for tractors, gravity wagons, combines, and barns never cease to amaze me. Ever since FS19 was put on Pro for Stadia I have been building up a farm for him after he goes to bed so when he gets a bit older he would have a fully established farm and Daddy had some fun in the process.

Last night i was harvesting and i did not notice that my son got out of bed due to a nightmare and came in and was just staring at the TV with his Jaw dropped. I told him this was just a dream and go back to bed but that did not work. :) He came and sat with me for about a half hour and went through all the things i had setup for him and he was grinning from ear to ear.

Needless to say, I see some very good Father son bonding time coming up soon and I will owe it to stadia and FS19. Being able to take this on the road for road trips will be great.

Just wanted to say thanks to Stadia and FS19.

quote:

Played farming simulator on a whim and found it quite a nice stress free gaming session. Was playing the other night when my 3yo daughter came down and was watching me play. I have no idea how long she had stood in the hallway watching me play, but all of a sudden I heard, "NO, use the red one" horrified I'd taken my white tractor instead of the red one I had been using. She ended up sitting with me for half hour harvesting oats before I was able to get her to go back to bed.

The next day at breakfast when asked if she'd had a good sleep, she told mummy that her and daddy had been driving a red tractor all night. I didn't say anything, and let mummy believe she had been dreaming.

quote:

P.S. my younger daughter woke up from her nap early the other day and came out to catch me playing AC:O - luckily just as I'd done a 'synchronization' and my eagle was circling around the landscape (and not when I was driving a lance through someone's skull). She was like "what TV show is this?" and then, when I used the remote to quick save, was like "what remote control is that?" I just turned it off, but one day, she'll understand ...

quote:

My 6 year old thinks I'm cruel and disgusting for skinning animals in red dead online. He does fine it hilarious when I shoot policemen though.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

quote:

5-10 seconds of lag is a sign that something isn't working, either with your internet connection or with the Stadia service itself. 99% of people would agree that is a terrible way to game. But it is like buying a decent brand, shiny new car, with all the add ons, then breaking down and saying "it took 4 hours to travel 50 miles and I had to wait broken down at the side of the road for 3 hours" it's like well yes that is terrible for you, but not a reflection of most people's experience.

Reddit is that catalyst where the people posting are either driving around in their nice cars and loving it, or broken down and hating it or have never driven the car at all but feel they should comment on what they expect it is like.

There is also an element that humans will generally try and make things balance in their favour, so if they find Stadia pretty good, but others are really saying it is terrible, rather than say pretty good, they may say it is awesome, to try and balance the overall opinion towards their true belief of pretty good.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

quote:

The problem is you have big channels with millions of subscribers shouting that Stadia is trash from the rooftops and unfortunately many people watch those videos and form an opinion based on what they watched rather than trying for themselves or doing own research. The few YouTubers speaking positively about Stadia get swamped with hate comments and get called paid shills immediately. Ask me how I know... 🙄

quote:

This childish crap is a big turn off for me. Now I only use YouTube to watch DIY videos and sometimes Colbert's opening.

quote:

This is one of the worst things I've seen on YouTube. You would do best to ignore it and continue to spread the good word about Stadia.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

quote:

Why Final Fantasy VII Remake would be a perfect fit on Stadia

I'm sure I'm retreading around that has already been trod but I was reading an article about The remake today that reminded me that they are going to be releasing it in stages such that you only get a certain portion of the game up through a certain part and then you have to obtain the next portion as time goes on.

This strikes me as an absolute win if Stadia ever gets access to this game, which I don't think is unlikely because Square Enix has already committed very heavily toward cloud gaming and Stadia in particular. This is probably going to be several gigabytes worth of hard drive eating video game. Let's imagine they release this in three or four parts, that means you're going to eat up dozens of GB on day one, and then add even more to that each time the released new segment is available. Not to mention, if you are on a slower connection, it might be several hours each time this is released that you actually get to jump in and keep playing.

Flip the script, put it on Stadia. Now, nothing to install or patch every time a new segment is released. While everyone else is sitting on a downloading screen, we are already getting out of Midgar on our motorcycles heading out into the great expanse or diving into the Gold Saucer or wherever they put the breakpoints. That also means streamers on Stadia get a head start on everybody else.

I have to wonder if Square's strategy on this is going to be to let part one be a timed exclusive for Sony and then open it up to others with the release of part two. I have to imagine Stadia would be on that list if the remake team gets this much time to build it for PlayStation and then even more time to port it to other platforms.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

quote:

This isn't a rant about anything other than the potential Stadia has to offer. Stadia is a breakthrough technology and I want it's parent company to realize this.

Stadia is a success. It does exactly what it claims to do. If this were an experiment, there wouldn't be a question to it. It operates as if there were a system there right before you. But who really cares if you're just like everyone else? Absolutely no one.

Stadia could be the saving grace for gaming, cuz it isn't going to be PC. Gaming isn't about winning it's about entertainment. Streaming games is all about having that gamepad and just playing. VR could be right around the corner.

Stadia needs to be a community, a way of life rather than a transaction you make. It's about coming together to play games. Being a person and character means exactly this. Games are about playing with others. The biggest problem gaming has is getting involvement and Stadia can be the solution.

Stadia is our stadium and should be thought of that way. All you need is your gamepad, show up and play. Google could easily afford setting up shop to work with our video game clerks and have something for us to get together about. I imagine buying gamestop and using their locations for gamer parties. But this is a spectrum that can be explored.

Stadia needs to respect where we come from because digital media is disrespectful and a shun to what we think of. I can explain this by saying in simple words, TRADING GAMES. If you don't get it then you've never let anyone borrow a thing. Physical copies mean this, allow us to trade because it's the human thing.

Stadia I want to understand what a subscription is all about especially when it comes to gaming. Games are stories we want to explore. Games are contests we want to enter. Consider what multiplayer is!!! Please. EVERYONE would rather pay monthly to play with others!! That's what Stadia pro should be about. Playing with others in the latest and greatest arenas. Give me those arenas that we can play in and have those buying in for the story be just that.... sub should be all about playing with other people , not about having a random gam,e

Stadia I love you, please meet me half way atleas.t

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The problem is most people's internet connection actually sucks rear end, even if they don't know or notice it. ISP's are notoriously cheap and it doesn't even have to be the entire way, just one cheap bottleneck anywhere along the path from you to Google irredeemably means you are hosed for streaming games and there's precisely jack-poo poo you can do about it aside from move house and hope the Internet infrastructure is better out the other side of the city. Oh, you're in a small town or suburb? Tough poo poo then, it's all probably going along the one cable. Or you're on Satellite because you're in the middle of nowhere.

In an mid-city apartment? Tough poo poo again, you're probably sharing with everyone in the building on copper and your only option is to move.

In a college dorm? Nope.

I get that. I did play a bit at my in-laws who have rural internet over their WiFi and did notice some occasional stutters, but overall actually played really well. My parents rural internet would never work though.

Stadia works great if your internet is good. If it isn't it's gonna be a bad time.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

...! posted:

quote:
This childish crap is a big turn off for me. Now I only use YouTube to watch DIY videos and sometimes Colbert's opening.

lmfao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I feel the need to point this out as well.

quote:

Even in areas where broadband is available, approximately 100 million Americans still do not subscribe. The report concludes that until the Commission’s Connect America reforms are fully implemented, these gaps are unlikely to close. Because millions still lack access to or have not adopted broadband, the Report concludes broadband is not yet being deployed in a reasonable and timely fashion.

This is the first year they count mobile data and satellite internet which makes the numbers look a lot better but there is no way people are gonna be steaming on those services.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

A lot of bad stadia posts on this page...

Okay so this is the ff7 remake one.

This guy acts like there will be segments if ff7 released like every year or month. Hah. Most people aren't gonna care about a one time install every two years.

And his projection is based on the stadia edition releasing the same day. If it releases even one day later, his point ceases to exist. Ps4/ps5 fans will be playing it while they futility await Twitter news on when the game releases for stadia.

All this hopeful wishing is like 'how cool would it be if we could do this!' this is exactly the same kind of delusion that drives star citizen fans.

Most people don't judge products by their potential, they judge it based on what it does currently.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

...! posted:

This strikes me as an absolute win if Stadia ever gets access to this game, which I don't think is unlikely because Square Enix has already committed very heavily toward cloud gaming and Stadia in particular. This is probably going to be several gigabytes worth of hard drive eating video game. Let's imagine they release this in three or four parts, that means you're going to eat up dozens of GB on day one, and then add even more to that each time the released new segment is available. Not to mention, if you are on a slower connection, it might be several hours each time this is released that you actually get to jump in and keep playing.

Haha. Oh no, not dozens of gigabytes. I could only fit that 10-fold on a 6 year old phone.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Glimm posted:

I get that. I did play a bit at my in-laws who have rural internet over their WiFi and did notice some occasional stutters, but overall actually played really well. My parents rural internet would never work though.

Stadia works great if your internet is good. If it isn't it's gonna be a bad time.

all streaming services are defacto bad because they are streaming services but even in that pile stadia sucks when theres an option thats been around for half a decade and has 800 games on it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the ff7 remake post about streamers literally doesnt know that preloads exist

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

So many bad posts. The "Stadia is a lifestyle, not something you pay for" one is definitely a keeper.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

ErrEff posted:

So many bad posts. The "Stadia is a lifestyle, not something you pay for" one is definitely a keeper.

My favorite is the suggestion that Google buys GameStop and uses it as a place to host Stadia Parties.

It's literally the E-Bay store from the 40-Year-Old Virgin!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Ineffiable posted:

A lot of bad stadia posts on this page...

Okay so this is the ff7 remake one.

This guy acts like there will be segments if ff7 released like every year or month. Hah. Most people aren't gonna care about a one time install every two years.

And his projection is based on the stadia edition releasing the same day. If it releases even one day later, his point ceases to exist. Ps4/ps5 fans will be playing it while they futility await Twitter news on when the game releases for stadia.

All this hopeful wishing is like 'how cool would it be if we could do this!' this is exactly the same kind of delusion that drives star citizen fans.

Most people don't judge products by their potential, they judge it based on what it does currently.

Stadia version won't release the same day. It's a timed PS exclusive.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

This guy, in his own head:

"Listen Google to the warning I give
Please remember I want Stadia to live
But it's sad to see our chances weakening with every hour
Console fanboys are all blind
Too much gaming on their minds
It was beautiful, but now it's sour"

Majin
Apr 15, 2003

quote:

Just wanted to say thanks to Stadia and FS19.

Thanks for the privilege to pay you for something that’s available on so many better platforms. What would I do without you guys?? <gush>

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

leftist heap posted:

Hey leftist heap, the quotes! Source them!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

...! posted:

Stadia version won't release the same day. It's a timed PS exclusive.

Just to be clear I was talking about future segments. Though who's to say future segments won't be timed exclusive either? I'm saying with how game devs are treating the stadia edition so far, it's incredibly hopeful to actually have release day parity for future games.

Stux posted:

the ff7 remake post about streamers literally doesnt know that preloads exist

I'm pretty sure they cherry pick arguments that make owning a console look bad.

'I got home from the store and I immediately wanted to start playing halo 5 with this massive Lan party I have, but I couldn't because it had to install!'

Like dude, get the game sooner or plan the Lan party for the day after. Most games are tuesday/Friday releases, if you play on Saturday there's almost no patches to worry about and you can install and game all day Saturday.

' my baby cousin scratched my disc and I can't play destiny 2! If I had stadia there wouldn't be a disc to scratch!'

'my girlfriend broke up with me and damaged all my games. Thankfully my stadia was untouched since she didn't even know it was a video games console'

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 21, 2020

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Big fan of the idea of paying $130 for the ability to buy Farming Simulator, a game that I could get without image compression artifacts on just about any other platform, and then blame it on my son.

"Look honey, I had to stay up until 3 am playing this game because as soon as Junior is old enough to hold a controller he's gonna be delighted to see that I've already finished the game for him!"

Majin
Apr 15, 2003

Ineffiable posted:

Just to be clear I was talking about future segments. Though who's to say future segments won't be timed exclusive either? I'm saying with how game devs are treating the stadia edition so far, it's incredibly hopeful to actually have release day parity for future games.

I'm pretty sure they cherry pick arguments that make owning a console look bad.

'I got home from the store and I immediately wanted to start playing halo 5 with this massive Lan party I have, but I couldn't because it had to install!'

Like dude, get the game sooner or plan the Lan party for the day after. Most games are tuesday/Friday releases, if you play on Saturday there's almost no patches to worry about and you can install and game all day Saturday.

' my baby cousin scratched my disc and I can't play destiny 2! If I had stadia there wouldn't be a disc to scratch!'

'my girlfriend broke up with me and damaged all my games. Thankfully my stadia was untouched since she didn't even know it was a video games console'

The people that this poo poo propaganda appeals to must have such dramatic/chaotic lives that they really have bigger things to deal with than where their vidja-games are coming from...

My gut reaction is that they don’t really exist. At least in numbers that will ever make this approach successful.

And if they’re going off the chance people think “well this *might* happen to me one day” - holy hell. People take control over your lives.

Majin fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 21, 2020

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
It’s wild that big, persistent games are the worst thing for google’s roi. They are in a money-losing position from day one with f2p Destiny. Profit-per-hour-streamed goes down the longer you play. Stadia should be the exclusive store for short, narrative, single player games.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Scott Forstall posted:

It’s wild that big, persistent games are the worst thing for google’s roi. They are in a money-losing position from day one with f2p Destiny. Profit-per-hour-streamed goes down the longer you play. Stadia should be the exclusive store for short, narrative, single player games.

Well technically as of right now there's no way to play Destiny 2 on Stadia without paying. There's no F2P games on Stadia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

this one has to be machine generated. it's totally inane