Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Poil posted:

I've never sold anything to Pierre. Why bother running to the store when I can just dump it in the box right there on the farm?

Uhhh I don't know bro, why don't you ask J.G. Wentworth!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Poil posted:

I've never sold anything to Pierre. Why bother running to the store when I can just dump it in the box right there on the farm?

the only time I find it valuable is Y1 spring because you get your money immediately instead of the next day, and sometimes that matters for me to turn around and buy yet more stuff

villagers sometimes comment on buying stuff from Pierre that you sold to him so it adds a little more flavor to the world, also.

Beyond those two? No point whatsoever, no.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That begs to question, where does the produce I sell go? Does the major sell it to joja? Out of town somewhere? :iiam:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Poil posted:

That begs to question, where does the produce I sell go? Does the major sell it to joja? Out of town somewhere? :iiam:

To the locusts in Zuzu City that devour your produce and call you an inbred hick.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 22, 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Lewis just takes it all and pays you out of the town taxes and then throws your produce down a well, as a joke

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Lewis just takes it all and pays you out of the town taxes and then throws your produce down a well, as a joke

Lewis secretly uses your year's produce as the basis for the potluck soup at the summer luau

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rick_Hunter posted:

To the locusts in Zuzu City that devour your produce like locusts and call you an inbred hick.

You know, if Concernedape continues updating Stardew valley I hope we get to visit Zuzu City someday. It'd be neat if we eventually got the option to take the bus there or go to Grampleton or Castle Village or take a boat to the Fern islands.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Concernedape should make a "Ruin ____'s Life" DLC for each villager, charge $10 a pop for them, and then retire to a mansion on his private island with four Olympic pools full of fresh $100 bills with the proceeds of the Clint and Lewis editions alone

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Piérre does only sell you back things you’ve sold to him; Gus has the random food choice in his menu daily.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Eric the Mauve posted:

Concernedape should make a "Ruin ____'s Life" DLC for each villager, charge $10 a pop for them, and then retire to a mansion on his private island with four Olympic pools full of fresh $100 bills with the proceeds of the Clint and Lewis editions alone

I want to break up Robin and Demetrius and marry Robin after divorcing Maru.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
This is a weird thread atm. I would like an island stardew thatd be fun

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I want to set Abigail up as the Wizard's apprentice. I don't even care if all the hints that she's his illegitimate child are real or not. Abigail is unsatisfied with her boring rear end normal life and wants to do some crazy mystical poo poo, and the Wizard keeps complaining to me every time I go over to shove void essence in his face that he needs an apprentice, let's loving go you two.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I want to visit the country that imprisoned Kent and fed him so much sashimi that he actively hates it

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Have you considered that he maybe just means they were giving him raw fish? Like, whole?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Lewis secretly uses your year's produce as the basis for the potluck soup at the summer luau

We're having a broth of wine and truffle oil for the fourth year running, with a couple chicken statues chucked in for flavour.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You can put more than one item in the soup pot? I've been doing that all wrong then.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dr.Smasher posted:

I want to visit the country that imprisoned Kent and fed him so much sashimi that he actively hates it

Kent: I spent the next three years in a POW camp, forced to subsist on a thin slices of fish. I came close to madness trying to find it here in the valley, but they just can't cut it properly!

Sydin posted:

I want to set Abigail up as the Wizard's apprentice. I don't even care if all the hints that she's his illegitimate child are real or not. Abigail is unsatisfied with her boring rear end normal life and wants to do some crazy mystical poo poo, and the Wizard keeps complaining to me every time I go over to shove void essence in his face that he needs an apprentice, let's loving go you two.

Yeah, I'd like more quests where you improve peoples lives in future updates.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, I'd like more quests where you improve peoples lives in future updates.

Agreed. Helping Shane with his mental health issues feels good to me, but even if it doesn't for you, at least you get fancy chickens

Bury me with a fancy chicken

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

twistedmentat posted:

You can put more than one item in the soup pot? I've been doing that all wrong then.

one item per player, I believe

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pththya-lyi posted:

Agreed. Helping Shane with his mental health issues feels good to me, but even if it doesn't for you, at least you get fancy chickens

Bury me with a fancy chicken

Oooo, I also more fancy animals!

Purple cows and Void goats please.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

no, it's one item per player

we are being facetious

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I generally only sell gold-start produce to Pierre. Otherwise the townfolk will say my eggplant was all droopy and smelled bad.

ZeusCannon posted:

This is a weird thread atm. I would like an island stardew thatd be fun

I've always felt that the best thing Failbetter Games could do (Besides this one other thing that I will not say here) is to make a Stardew-esque game based on Sunless Seas, where your ancestor/Granddad was the one who colonised Aestival.

I mean, you're the only source of surface food that doesn't come in cans, you're in the Neath so wacky zaniness is expected, the Victorian sovereignty requirements mean that you're the only one who is allowed to take up the position, it all makes sense!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

WarpedNaba posted:

Otherwise the townfolk will say my eggplant was all droopy and smelled bad.

Take 30,000g to the Witch's Hut and we can put a stop to those rumors here and now, my dude

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
lmao

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Keeshhound posted:

Have you considered that he maybe just means they were giving him raw fish? Like, whole?

no, because he's only mildly disgusted with actual, raw fish (as the villagers are). He just hates sashimi.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Poil posted:

Some people (most people?) want to be able to buy seeds and plant on the same day that they harvested the crops.

Katt fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 22, 2020

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I want a DLC where if I die in the mines there's a funeral ceremony and I can, a la soup day, choose one item to be buried with and take into the next life.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

But this only happens if I have a child. This child comes of age before the funeral and you pick their appearance before the ceremony. They are the ones to choose the carry-over item.

The other villagers react according to their relationship with you. Your relationship with them is halved when you posses your child.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Ceremony and bildungsroman only happen if your child is at toddler stage.

Only weird thing is that kinda makes the villagers super immortal and they live through multiple generations of your family. And presumably you wouldn't want to remarry the same villager.

But I'm just realizing either Stardew human gestation is only two weeks or your wife only ever brings up kids 8.5 months into her pregnancy. So maybe everyone's life span is significantly reduced accordingly.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 22, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

no, it's one item per player

we are being facetious

AH dang. I remember one game I completely forgot what I could add and didn't have anything but a flower I found on the ground.

Too bad it didn't kill anyone.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

AH dang. I remember one game I completely forgot what I could add and didn't have anything but a flower I found on the ground.

Too bad it didn't kill anyone.

Add a Void Mayonnaise sometime

or Lewis' shorts

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Psion posted:

villagers sometimes comment on buying stuff from Pierre that you sold to him so it adds a little more flavor to the world, also.

This is a thing? Neat!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is a thing? Neat!

Apparently Pierre tells his customers that all the good stuff he grew himself, in his backyard

it just makes Pierre a bigger rear end in a top hat, it's amazing

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Apparently Pierre tells his customers that all the good stuff he grew himself, in his backyard

it just makes Pierre a bigger rear end in a top hat, it's amazing

Pierre you dick this doesn't even make sense

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Poque posted:

Pierre you dick this doesn't even make sense

It's a wank joke.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

WarpedNaba posted:

I generally only sell gold-start produce to Pierre. Otherwise the townfolk will say my eggplant was all droopy and smelled bad.

I've always felt that the best thing Failbetter Games could do (Besides this one other thing that I will not say here) is to make a Stardew-esque game based on Sunless Seas, where your ancestor/Granddad was the one who colonised Aestival.

I mean, you're the only source of surface food that doesn't come in cans, you're in the Neath so wacky zaniness is expected, the Victorian sovereignty requirements mean that you're the only one who is allowed to take up the position, it all makes sense!

And now I desperately want a game that shall never exist...man, you're right, that game would sell like hotcakes.

Marriage candidates include: a rubbery man, a clay man, and one of the masters.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i maen if you want "stardew but weird" there's Gleaner Heights, not that anyone is interested in that game because of its little failures. It's not that the game is bad, it's just not as interesting and charming as Stardew on a day to day basis and it doesn't have co-op so you can't compensate for that lack of charm with another person around.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
e. ^^^ My Time at Potria did a pretty good job at being Stardew but weird imo: you're more an engineer than a farmer but it has the same vibe and general gameplay loop, and the post-apocalyptic setting is neat. It's also really satisfying to actually see the projects you take go up around the map and improve life not only for you, but also the townsfolk.

My Y2 goal in pretty much every game once I've got my legs under me is to amass enough seed stock that I never have to buy another thing from Pierre for the rest of the game. Have fun stocking seeds to sell to nobody dickhead!

Sydin fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 22, 2020

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sydin posted:

e. ^^^ My Time at Potria did a pretty good job at being Stardew but weird imo: you're more an engineer than a farmer but it has the same vibe and general gameplay loop, and the post-apocalyptic setting is neat. It's also really satisfying to actually see the projects you take go up around the map and improve life not only for you, but also the townsfolk.

My Y2 goal in pretty much every game once I've got my legs under me is to amass enough seed stock that I never have to buy another thing from Pierre for the rest of the game. Have fun stocking seeds to sell to nobody dickhead!

I have an entirely self sufficient ancient fruit farm and it's great. I haven't seen Pierre in years.

I still buy star fruit seeds from Sandy to grow in the greenhouse, though. I feel like she needs the business, living in the desert sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

TurnipFritter posted:

hello i'm here to give you all anxiety from my current game's farm

TurnipFritter posted:

Ok, now that Winter is here and I'm no longer beholden to where I plopped my Ancient Fruit down:

imgur really didn't want me to upload this as a full size .png and only accepted it as a resized .jpg, a process that always makes images look great.