Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

well why not posted:

viet bakeries are an asset to this country

Absolutely the finest pastries. I love Vietnamese folk

Bought a can of milo today. Like, premixed milo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think its heartwarming that a people with a strong bread tradition come here and make us pies because we like eating em

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I think I might have the corona virus, I can’t stop drinking coronas.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

wait till you start driving them

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

luncheon meat posted:

Bought a can of milo today. Like, premixed milo

I can't make sense of this.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Best sosso roll, wild rover in Sydney,

Best bakery nationality, Viet

Worst, chinese

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Kharnifex posted:

Worst, chinese

Where is this wild rover

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Hidden small bar near Central.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Just walked out of work and there was a guy wearing nothing but shorts and holding a goonbag.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Those new bikini that show off the rear end cheeks sure are something, whew

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I think I might have the corona virus, I can’t stop drinking coronas.

NVJ is patient zero for the corona virus.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

TMM remedy is a slice of lime

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Kharnifex posted:

Worst, chinese

Looks like they use frozen puff pastry sheets, look similar to what me and my mum make. Deffo get good results but not gonna beat out freshly made with butter, suet or shortening.

Best sausage rolls I've had are from Mt Morgan bakery in Qld. Emu Park also has some phenomenal sausage rolls.

I also really like Goldean Lea bakery pies and sausage rolls in Berala, they're a Viet mob. Not fancy but really well done and no nonsense. Only issue I have with them is that they don't serves peas. Lots of places in Sydney don't and it's a little hosed up

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Old Fernvale bakery (outside ipswich qld) makes some cracking pies. Too much pastry, but the fillings are fantastic.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Your stats thread in qcs is a great read burgerquest

Only registered members can see post attachments!

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

hambeet posted:

I can't make sense of this.

It was in the Asian supermarket together with the canned coffee. Made in Malaysia and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be consumed warm or cold but it's been in the fridge for a couple of hours now so I'll soon know

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

tardwrangler posted:

Your stats thread in qcs is a great read burgerquest

:patriot:

ili
Jul 26, 2003

toggle posted:

Old Fernvale bakery (outside ipswich qld) makes some cracking pies. Too much pastry, but the fillings are fantastic.

Yep they're a beaut pie. Can't drive through Fernvale without stopping for one.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

When I lived in Japan I loved boss coffee, I even had this parody mug based on it, from Tokyo hands.

The mug was the same logo as boss coffee, but he was bald. The name was changed to BOZU

It had funny poo poo in the small print section about you can definitely not recycle this item, etc

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Big Willy Style posted:

Looks like they use frozen puff pastry sheets, look similar to what me and my mum make. Deffo get good results but not gonna beat out freshly made with butter, suet or shortening.

Best sausage rolls I've had are from Mt Morgan bakery in Qld. Emu Park also has some phenomenal sausage rolls.

I also really like Goldean Lea bakery pies and sausage rolls in Berala, they're a Viet mob. Not fancy but really well done and no nonsense. Only issue I have with them is that they don't serves peas. Lots of places in Sydney don't and it's a little hosed up

Bun bun bakery in Springvale (south eastern melbs for the non melb goons) is the best banh mi I've ever had and I make the 40 minute drive out there if I'm in Melbourne every time. Any time I had to go there for work at my old job it was usually to royal Melbourne golf club and I'd take a detour

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Whom amongst us has forgotten Yatala Pies

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

When we got back from Thailand that was the first thing I had to eat in Australia on the way back to my mate's from Coolangatta airport, it was the goods

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

My fave pie ATM is the hot custard ones at high on the mountaintop pies

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

naeka posted:

I AM A ROMPER ROOM DO BEE! I have a mug somewhere with him on it but my main coffee one is my agro mug from hungry jacks circa 89 or 90.

My family still says the Romper Room version of grace before every meal.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Goat Pie Guy used to be amazing, like a full on religious experience. He got driven out of business by the rising price of goat meat though :(

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

You can now buy Boss canned ice coffee in coles servos.

It doesn't stack up when you have the direct comparison of a dare strong latte cold brew on the shelf next to it.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Goat pie sounds great

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

My bus driver is one of those people who thinks he whistles well enough that other people should listen to him whistle constantly.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

McSpergin posted:

Start date at Lucas Heights has been confirmed, time to find a place to live on my own with no boomers inviting their build a family over

gently caress yeah. I worked there for a few years. Pool, tennis courts, soccer fields. Everyone is mostly friendly and chill.

Lots of very secure parking :lol:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I like how it has a giant seive on top of it to mull up 737s and their contents

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

thatbastardken posted:

Goat Pie Guy used to be amazing, like a full on religious experience. He got driven out of business by the rising price of goat meat though :(

I need to know more

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

pray for my painful butthole please ausgbs

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
just get up in there and stick it back where it belongs, it wont respect you till you do

gently caress those things

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
if they wont stay up get an arsehole surgeon to finish them off but expect the fires of hell to decend on your quoit for a month.
But then its over and you will never fear your own arsehole again

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

If it doesn't chill out in a few days I'm gonna have to go to the doc which is a miserable proposition, I'm convinced its because I'm switching epilepsy pills and i'm on sooo many right now

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
metamucil is your friend.
If you get pain relief avoid opiods. Capadex is good as it doesnt bind you up.
Anticonvulsants suck does weed still help?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Blow posted:

gently caress yeah. I worked there for a few years. Pool, tennis courts, soccer fields. Everyone is mostly friendly and chill.

Lots of very secure parking :lol:

Really? What did you do?
Pool has me rigid if true

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Just remember not to lay on the bottom of the pool there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Dude asked me for a dollar outside the doctor then sort of went ham on a mailbox but weirdly not in a way that made me feel like it was my fault but now he’s at the reception trying to make an appointment