Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Go watch Prisoners everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

luchajones posted:

Go watch Prisoners everyone

Prisoners was loving depressing but I liked it a lot.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Enemy is a three star movie that would be a four star if it ended with the Curb theme.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i thought arrival was a dip in quality for Villeneuve and ill never understand why it gets put up on a pedestal. to each their own i guess. namaste, rlm thread. i luv u

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Is this the Shia-LaBeouf-yelling-just-do-it stage of Max Landis career?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I keep forgetting that Villeneuve also made a film about the École Polytechnic shooting. It's really good but extremely depressing.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
All Villeneuve movies from Polytechnique on are worth a watch

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There is now a dedicated Star Wars rotating subforum

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

stephenthinkpad posted:

Is this the Shia-LaBeouf-yelling-just-do-it stage of Max Landis career?

Think we'll get a Repeatedly owned by 4chan stage?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
so this is basically an adult swim show

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/1219751547342655488

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hey, it's that guy from BotW!

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Pick posted:

And SWEARENGEN is a mod!

Ban the prequel lovers!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Paladinus posted:

Hey, it's that guy from BotW!

Rich evans would never allow a black person on botw...

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

So it's basically a workplace comedy set at A.I.M.? That sounds pretty good

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Why is there a star wars forum now? It will just be the same discussions over and over like this thread.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

It's not going to stop threads from being overtaken by SW talk. I mean I wish it would but it won't.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

luchajones posted:

Why is there a star wars forum now? It will just be the same discussions over and over like this thread.

Shut up, Josh

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

luchajones posted:

I must say one of the CD star war threads has the best title: 4000 posts later we are no closer to consensus

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

luchajones posted:

It is for having fun like talking about your favorite alien or posting pictures from Star Wars development, or remembering old Star Wars fan films like the time that someone made Star Wars in ASCII. It's not a punishment, it's a good time where we can have fun!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

OK, now that Star Wars chat is gone we can get back to talking about Gundam

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the best part of the gundams, are the wings

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Alright! Back to AIDS and 9/11

That's for my Pre Rec peeps.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Gripweed posted:

may we receive only the most succulent of twinks :pray:

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Gripweed posted:

Gungas

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

bring back old gbs posted:

the best part of the gundams, are the sombreros

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
finally the gang will stop lurking and start posting

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Norton the First posted:

I really thought it might happen after Inception.

I finally watched Inception and I thought it was kind of boring after the first act I mostly just wished I was watching Paprika instead.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Inception is really good I can't imagine being bored by it.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Groovelord Neato posted:

If the one dude doesn't understand why Arrival is put on a pedestal then I'll be the guy that doesn't understand what is so special about Inception. Neat and all but ???

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Glad you liked it but unfortunately I was pretty bored by Inception.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Inception didn't have enough blue lasers for you?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

They didn't really do much with the dream concept in the second half, and the plot was pretty straightforward. Kinda felt like they spent their mental craziness budget in the initial concept and Nolan thought if they didn't keep the plot simple then people would be too confused. I mean, it was fine, it just kinda seemed to sell the concept short and wrap everything up too neatly. It felt very Hollywood.

Then the "is he still dreaming?" is tacked on to the end to make everything seem more profound than it is.

I did appreciate the character names.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Didn't much like Inception either. Oh, they in your dream? OH SNAP, A DREAM INSIDE A DREAM?! Real mindblowing stuff.

Ugh, and the names. "Hi, I'm Ariadne."

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i dont love inception or anything, but i had more fun/enjoyment watching it than i did with arrival. i keep telling myself ill watch arrival again because maybe ill like it more the 2nd time around, but it just didnt seem special to me

i did just rewatch the lighthouse tonight (with subtitles) and it was great the 2nd time around. i missed so much good dialogue in the theater cause im loving deaf and also the accents got crazy at times.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Gripweed posted:

So it's basically a workplace comedy set at A.I.M.? That sounds pretty good

DC Comics did this a couple years ago and it was bad.

edit: It was called Powerless. Had to look it up.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PerniciousKnid posted:

They didn't really do much with the dream concept in the second half, and the plot was pretty straightforward. Kinda felt like they spent their mental craziness budget in the initial concept and Nolan thought if they didn't keep the plot simple then people would be too confused. I mean, it was fine, it just kinda seemed to sell the concept short and wrap everything up too neatly. It felt very Hollywood.

Then the "is he still dreaming?" is tacked on to the end to make everything seem more profound than it is.

I did appreciate the character names.

Exactly how did they sell the concept short? They established the rules early on therefore stakes. The rules are followed as the world flies off a bridge in a van. It lead to most excellent action scenes. It came out neat because they followed the rules and it told it's story in it's entirety. No sequel bait. The plot was less is more so it could concentrate on the visuals and action.

I saw the top being a bit of a troll and it earned it.

Imagine if JJ tried to make something like that, he couldn't but if he tried it would be such a good drat mess you would be begging for "Neat" and a poop scooper.

I do wonder if there are any other director who could have made Inception other than Nolan.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FuturePastNow posted:

I must say one of the CD star war threads has the best title: 4000 posts later we are no closer to consensus

Should have been: 4000 posts to end democracy.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Pick posted:

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Post in the star war forum, imo