Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
A Freman shed water on my rug, Walter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

"Does the worm form make you uncomfortable, Miss Atreides?"

"uuuhhhh is that what this is a picture of?"

"In a sense, yes. My art has been commended as being mythologically phallic, which bothers some Bene Geserit women. The word itself makes some Bene Geserit uncomfortable: 'Phallus.' "

"Oh yeah?"

"Yes, they don't like hearing it and find it difficult to say, whereas without batting an eye a witch will refer to her 'cunny', or her 'quim', or her 'furburger' ."

" 'Furburger?' "

Nuclear Pizza
Feb 25, 2006
Oh, nice Little Maker.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Whalefurburger

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Phil Moscowitz posted:

TRACKING FORWARD
We are moving through the open living area of a large downtown Arrakeen loft. A huge unfinished canvas, lit by standing industrial lights, dominates one wall. The furnishings are spare given the space. On the floor is the the Baron’s brilliant rug.

We hear a rumble like an approaching spice harvester. The Baron, floating in the middle of the loft, looks into the murky depths of the cavernous space.

Something huge and white hurtles towards the Baron’s head. As it roars overhead he ducks, and spins to watch it pass.

We see the backside of a naked boy in a sling suspended from a ceiling track rumbling over a canvas that lies on the floor. He is holding a paint bucket in one hand and a brush in the other, with which he flicks paint down at the canvas.

The Baron turns again as he hears running footsteps. Two young men in paint-spattered stillsuits and sneakers reach the sling shortly after it reaches the end of its track and haul it back for another push.

VOICE
I'll be with you in a minute, Mr. Harkonnen.

He rumbles by in another pass.

MAUD’DIB
All right, we'll do the blue tomorrow. Elfranco. Pedro. Help me down.

The two men help Maud’Dib out of his sling. He is naked except for leather harness straps which ring his breasts and wrap his thighs where urine and feces are processed, and give him something of a dominatrix look.

MAUD’DIB
Does the worm-sign form make you uncomfortable, Mr. Harkonnen?

BARON
Is that what that's a picture of?

MAUD’DIB
In a sense, yes. Elfranco, my robe.

My art has been commended as being strongly phallic. Which bothers some men. The word itself makes some men uncomfortable. Phallus.

BARON
Oh yeah?

Wait, is this the BYOB Dune thread?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I really liked dune but the second one got too horny almost immediately.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zopotantor posted:

Wait, is this the BYOB Dune thread?

Bring You're Own Baliset

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

Shoehead posted:

A Freman shed water on my rug, Walter
Also, fremen is not the preferred nomenclature, Duke. Native Arrakean, please.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Ulf posted:

Also, fremen is not the preferred nomenclature, Duke. Native Arrakean, please.

They’re not native, they were enslaved on like a dozen different planets before they arrived on Arrakis.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I told that worm a loving thousand times that I don't roll on Siaynoq!

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Script spoilers abound, hint - it’s Dune, what did you expect?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Script spoilers abound, hint - it’s Dune, what did you expect?

I found the Dr Yueh musical number surprising

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Doc Betray Us, Doc Betray Us
Oooooooh, Doc Betray Us

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

The Bloop posted:

I found the Dr Yueh musical number surprising

Dr Yueh is genre swapped to Dr Yaoi.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Dr Yueh is genre swapped to Dr Yaoi.

"A million deaths were not enough for Yaoi!"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

yaffle posted:

"A million little deaths were not enough for Yaoi!"

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

FBS posted:

Doc Betray Us, Doc Betray Us
Oooooooh, Doc Betray Us

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
This is the best thread

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Adding all the stillsuits using CGI in post seems like a bad move. I hear you can see Jason Mamoa's real wristwatch and scrotum in one scene

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

so the sequel to CATS.

LAZACATS

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Of all the plots and schemes in the Dune series, those drat cats were probably the most baffling.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

When your assassination targets have precognition, maybe wacky Wile E Coyote tier plots are one of the better ways to catch them by surprise since their visions won't make any sense.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

THE BAR posted:

Of all the plots and schemes in the Dune series, those drat cats were probably the most baffling.

What’s baffling about it? Wensicia is an insanely rich moron

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Ghost Leviathan posted:

When your assassination targets have precognition, maybe wacky Wile E Coyote tier plots are one of the better ways to catch them by surprise since their visions won't make any sense.

Sardukar painting a spice harvester on the shield wall: ‘I’m telling you, this will work.’

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

TK-42-1 posted:

Sardukar painting a spice harvester on the shield wall: ‘I’m telling you, this will work.’

CHOAM=ACME

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

Tree Bucket posted:

This is the best thread

I like it very much. The byob dune/weed thread is a nice fun companion piece.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

THE BAR posted:

it's a cool scene to have two smart kids chased by two tigers trained to kill them as an assassination weapon. and given that, it's cool to foreshadow it a bit, to explain how they were trained. and given the style of dune, the answer has to be some kind of decadent use of intense skilled labor.

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

This makes sense: poison in a needle in a fake mole on a boys thigh.

This doesn't make sense: using large predatory animals to kill children

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Might also come into play that the Weirding Way and voice is a thing, Bene Gesserit can at least briefly halt attackers with a commanding voice, and the kids are expected to be prodigies given their father was, well, Paul. Point is they could be expected to have a lot of tactics that would impede a human attacker, but a couple of tigers who've been given a taste for young fremen flesh aren't going to be susceptible in the same way.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Here is a long thread of spoilers by someone who alleges to have read the script:

https://twitter.com/DuneInfo/status/1219350678629421056?s=20

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/DuneInfo/status/1219362249187479554?s=19

No Dune Pug, movie cancelled

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Might also come into play that the Weirding Way and voice is a thing, Bene Gesserit can at least briefly halt attackers with a commanding voice, and the kids are expected to be prodigies given their father was, well, Paul. Point is they could be expected to have a lot of tactics that would impede a human attacker, but a couple of tigers who've been given a taste for young fremen flesh aren't going to be susceptible in the same way.
I was just weirded out that the Arrakis landscape can support anything bigger than a chickenhawk surviving long enough to eat anyone before it dies of heatstroke.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Must Thufir milk a cat

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Vlex posted:

Here is a long thread of spoilers by someone who alleges to have read the script:

https://twitter.com/DuneInfo/status/1219350678629421056?s=20

So according to this guy

The movie is mostly from Paul's POV, Feyd and the Emperor are mentioned but not seen, Duncan Idaho has a bigger part than in Lynch's version, Liet Kynes has been gender swapped, the movie ends soon after Jessica drinks from the water of life

All sounds good to me.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

I was just weirded out that the Arrakis landscape can support anything bigger than a chickenhawk surviving long enough to eat anyone before it dies of heatstroke.

They are genetically engineered (implicitly at least) 'Laza tigers' with a handler and remote control, I'm assuming they're not just being left to roam in the heat when they're not deployed.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

tanglewood1420 posted:

So according to this guy

The movie is mostly from Paul's POV, Feyd and the Emperor are mentioned but not seen, Duncan Idaho has a bigger part than in Lynch's version, Liet Kynes has been gender swapped, the movie ends soon after Jessica drinks from the water of life

All sounds good to me.

Hoping we get a nice 2001 Space Odyssey style trip

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

The pug was the key to everything, and accounted for 20 Sardaukar himself.

You hosed up Denis

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

tanglewood1420 posted:

So according to this guy

All sounds good to me.

Oh, wow, that's ballsy. I like it!

Conveying the weirdness of the planet, interstellar politics, and strange tribes in a more embedded, less disembodied manner.

Part 2 could even be all from Jessica's POV :allears:

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Oh, wow, that's ballsy. I like it!

Conveying the weirdness of the planet, interstellar politics, and strange tribes in a more embedded, less disembodied manner.

Part 2 could even be all from Jessica's POV :allears:

No it's all Lovely Feyd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vlex posted:

No it's all Lovely Feyd

Oh, oh wow