Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Make a weekly pop culture talk show on Disney+ with Ewan as the host.

Call it “Hello There!”.

The band is Figrin Dann and the Modal Nodes.

PAY ME MY MONEY DISNEY YOU FUCKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

site posted:

you know its funny this same thing happened with the disney+ hawkeye show like last week

People need to stop listening to We Got This Covered. They don't know shinola from the other stuff and are just going for clickbait.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
New Clone Wars trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLW2jkd6E7g

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Come share your knowledge in the new Star Wars rotating subforum!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

We don't deserve Filoni for giving Maul such an awesome story

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Can't wait.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I thought Ewan was on Jimmy Fallon or something fully confirming its happening?

Also the CG looks upgraded as hell - I love it. gently caress, Clone Wars so good.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:neckbeard:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

gimme more sabers just being roiling, hot bands of plasma

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Also the CG looks upgraded as hell - I love it. gently caress, Clone Wars so good.

Yeah, the animation glow up is insane. Ahsoka looks fabulous :allears:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
My boy Kanan is there with Depa Billaba at the holo-conference table. :woop:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Big Mean Jerk posted:

My boy Kanan is there with Depa Billaba at the holo-conference table. :woop:

Yea not surprised about that, I'm expecting a few hints towards Rebels or even The Mandolorian in it.

And god drat that looks good. The Space Battle SHots are on par with anything in the movies, and oh man Ashoka Vs Maul is going to be great.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i am

excited

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Did they tweak the character models again? Anakin seems to have been tweaked to be a little less square-jawed and a little more Hayden-esque (though maybe it's just the hair), and Ahsoka looks a little bit... off, especially in the head-on shot at 1:12. She looks normal in the thumbnail, though, I dunno.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's some of the softer edges from Rebels, that's for sure.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Ahsoka looks great to me :shrug:

Anakin kinda looks like Sam Witwer, especially in the poster:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
spider legs gone?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rinkles posted:

spider legs gone?

Yeah dude like 3 sets of legs ago, keep up!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Since this is the Siege of Mandalore, it's gonna take place at the same time as episode 3 and order 66, right?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

El Burbo posted:

Since this is the Siege of Mandalore, it's gonna take place at the same time as episode 3 and order 66, right?

It almost feels like it has to, with the clearly pregnant Amidala and everything.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

El Burbo posted:

Yeah, Ahsoka sets out to kill Maul on Mandalore while a Republic invasion begins. Anakin can’t help her directly since she’s not in the order anymore and he and Kenobi have been tasked with rescuing Palpatine from Grievous, so he sends Rex and the 501st instead. Order 66 occurs while Rex and Ahsoka are there.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Has it been said how many episodes are in the season? Same episode lengths are previous seasons too?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Thom12255 posted:

Has it been said how many episodes are in the season? Same episode lengths are previous seasons too?

12 episodes. https://www.starwars.com/news/sdcc-2018-the-clone-wars-to-return/app

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Thom12255 posted:

Twelve episodes. I believe four for each arc.

We know there's four Bad Batch episodes as they released the unfinished reels. I thought Crystal Crisis would be another, but I don't see any scenes of it.

The second arc is probably Ahsoka's Walkabout, which was supposed to be about her navigating Coruscant's underworld and trying to adapt to not being a Jedi anymore. That fits better as a lead in to Siege of Mandalore.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Did they say if this will be released all at once or one a week?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

My guess is weekly. There isn't much original programming on Disney+ to entice subs at the moment, so milking the 12 weeks for Clone Wars seems like the smart thing to do.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

OhFunny posted:

Twelve episodes. I believe four for each arc.

We know there's four Bad Batch episodes as they released the unfinished reels. I thought Crystal Crisis would be another, but I don't see any scenes of it.

The second arc is probably Ahsoka's Walkabout, which was supposed to be about her navigating Coruscant's underworld and trying to adapt to not being a Jedi anymore. That fits better as a lead in to Siege of Mandalore.

It seems like a lot of the lead-in lorebuilding in Crystal Crisis is superfluous now with Rogue One existing.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

teagone posted:

My guess is weekly. There isn't much original programming on Disney+ to entice subs at the moment, so milking the 12 weeks for Clone Wars seems like the smart thing to do.

Yep!

https://twitter.com/Tcann13/status/1219985781395083269

At least the episodes themselves seem to be more tied to a central storyline or character arc than Season 6's (the parts of that season that aren't the Yoda or Fives arc are completely forgettable).

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Cross-Section posted:

gimme more sabers just being roiling, hot bands of plasma

:five: Looking real good

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Yeah, makes sense and obvious enough decision. I'm fine with it. Now that said, since there are only 12 episodes with no commercials... I really hope they're longer than 20 minutes each.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Madurai posted:

It seems like a lot of the lead-in lorebuilding in Crystal Crisis is superfluous now with Rogue One existing.

I think there's good character moments there and of course that sweet blaster akimbo scene:

(starts at 37s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RgQ8TC5xws

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 23, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Booo, i like being able to watch at my own pace. And yea, 1 20 min episode a week will be brutal.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I like a forced pace. Makes it more enjoyable. Binge watching is a temptation that is deeply unsatisfying.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Disney realized that the key to your properties holding longevity is by not letting people binge something in a weekend and forget about it in a month.

Baby Yoda completely dominated Fall-Winter media discourse for over 2 months, if they'd dropped everything in November than no one would have kept the momentum going.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Bust Rodd posted:

Disney realized that the key to your properties holding longevity is by not letting people binge something in a weekend and forget about it in a month.

Baby Yoda completely dominated Fall-Winter media discourse for over 2 months, if they'd dropped everything in November than no one would have kept the momentum going.

I loved watching The Expanse S4 in one go but in hindsight it would've been better for everyone if that had been a weekly release - no one's talking about it now and a lot of the fun of shows like that is theorizing and looking for clues in forum threads every week.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I'm just going to watch through the entire series again, and by the time I get to season 7 the new episodes will probably nearly all be out. I imagine it will take me about 5 weeks to get through season 1, and then about 6 weeks to get through seasons 2-6.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bust Rodd posted:

yeah im not happy about their drip feeding, but I really prefer the discourse here with a weekly schedule, so its a mixed bag. I like talking about the shows as much as watching them sometimes

Thom12255 posted:

I loved watching The Expanse S4 in one go but in hindsight it would've been better for everyone if that had been a weekly release - no one's talking about it now and a lot of the fun of shows like that is theorizing and looking for clues in forum threads every week.

yeah, it didnt help that season 4 was a self contained thing and arguably the "weakest" book, it very quickly got overshadowed by Witcher and baby Yoda

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Imagine if Netflix had released Stranger Things weekly. They would have OWNED the summer.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bring back old gbs posted:

yeah, it didnt help that season 4 was a self contained thing and arguably the "weakest" book, it very quickly got overshadowed by Witcher and baby Yoda

I don’t think The Witcher has much in the way of legs, either*. Other than the occasional “toss a coin” meme, the references have already pretty much tapered off, I think.

* Henry Cavill’s no doubt spectacular gams notwithstanding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

Imagine if Netflix had released Stranger Things weekly. They would have OWNED the summer.

Yeah, dropping a whole series really limits your water cooler television potential. You burn through it in a week at most.