Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

"giant lezzer,"

[Sigh] modssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

teen witch posted:

[Sigh] modssssssss

I mean my point is that the kid seems like a homophobe, I can edit it out if you'd prefer.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

I mean my point is that the kid seems like a homophobe, I can edit it out if you'd prefer.

No I mean that I want to be the giant lezzer, stomping on bland rear end straight peoples houses and causing general gay mayhem.

More gigantic lesbians, tia.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ah cool, yeah I appreciate that using that term ironically can still be offensive so wanted to make sure I wasn't just being TA in this, the thread where we document TAs.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
If we document the rear end in a top hat in this thread, then cumshitter needs to get some more research done, I haven’t seen a single thesis paper on assholes be submitted yet.

The Doctor guy makes me think of a podcast I’ve been listening to in bits and pieces where Jamie Loftus joins Mensa and finds that, shockingly, it’s got an enormous amount of right wing man children in it, and they’re doing the same lovely stuff they’ve done everywhere else. Doctor man sounds like he’d fit in nicely.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

luxury handset posted:

lmao YTA

young children are incompatible with personal space/time. dude better get this sorted out and flushed from his system before he has to grapple with the idea that a child needs an entire room for themselves, not just a corner of the gaming office. congrats on being a father!

lmao I remember reading the Adrian Mole diaries and when his parents were having a baby he was fuming that some of his stuff needed to be moved because "How much space do babies take up? They're only about eighteen inches long!". Difference is that Adrian was written as a dumbshit 14 year old whereas this guy is nearly three times that age and will soon be parenting said baby. Can't wait until the baby is a bit older and tries feeding the disc drive slices of ham.

Thankfully, Reddit is voting YTA, the only NTA is because they think he's acting on stupidity rather than malice.

e: Oh man I was further behind than I thought.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

teen witch posted:

Edit 3: My wife and I have decided that along with typical punishments (grounding, taking away his electronics for 3 months), Zach is going to volunteer at a lgbt teen homeless shelter to better understand why what he did was horrible.

What a horseshit thing to do to homeless LGBT youth.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
My (27F) girlfriend and I (22F) can’t come to a compromise about chores and finances and it’s tearing us apart. Am I completely off base?

quote:

Background: I unofficially moved in with my girlfriend about a year ago (we’ve been together for about 2 years). My parents were making payments on my own apartment because I can’t get off the lease and I didn’t have a job because of school. I had just stopped taking college courses because I wanted to reevaluate my choice in major. It was a very stressful time because of the hard decision I had to make. (Not as relevant but I was also going to therapy for depression and other things)

Since I was now spending almost all my time at my girlfriend’s apartment she started asking me to pick up the chores since I didn’t have a job yet and since she was working a full time job. I begrudgingly agreed because at first it felt like I was essentially a maid. Over time though I did them without complaint and saw where my girlfriend was coming from. I had a lot of free time at her place, the least I could do was pick up her chores which included: laundry(I drive to a separate laundry mat), cook, wash dishes, grocery shopping,and clean and tidy the house. Whatever that needed to be done, I did. I did all of this while my apartment was being paid for.

About a month ago I finally got a part time job at a kitchen. I finally had some income and I was planning to use it to take over paying for my apartment because I didn’t want my parents to be paying for it anymore. I told my girlfriend of my plans and we ended up getting into a heated argument because she thought I was going to start paying for her rent. At first I was willing to give her about $250 because that’s about half of my rent. But then I found out that I had to start paying my student loans back. I’m making about $2 above minimum wage while my girlfriend is making about 50% more than I do. Rent for my apartment is close to 55-60% of my income.Groceries are about 15-20% of my income. My student loans are about 17% of my income. Where I’m going with this is that it’s near impossible to give her any money to pay for rent.

My girlfriend says that I should continue to do all the chores that I had been doing before my job since I can’t contribute financially. I understand where she is coming from and I don’t want to seem like a freeloader. However, my job is pretty labor intensive with me moving and standing for the total of my shift without break and doesn’t have a set schedule as they may call me in for an extra shift. This week I worked 36 hours with no breaks in my shifts. Her job isn’t as intensive as mine and she has a set schedule. I’m expected to come home and cook dinner after cooking all day in a kitchen. I’m also expected to do all the chores and errands. I know I’d have more free time being part time, but since I’m on call, I don’t know when I will have a day off.

My girlfriend is adamant that I do all chores and won’t budge on her stance until I give her money and contribute. Even then, if I give her $250 which is about 26% of my income which is about 25% of her rent, I’m expected to do 75% of chores to cover what I can’t pay. I’m willing to do some chores, but I don’t want to do all of them as I’m physically tired after working and don’t have as much free time as I did before. I’ve been actively trying to find a person to sublease my apartment, but since it’s not fall, there aren’t many people looking for a place and I can't break contract. I feel like my only solution is to move out, but my girlfriend has said before that if I did so, it would mean a break up.

tldr; I'm expected to continue to do all the chores at my girlfriends apartment while also trying to pay rent for mine with a part time job. I can't break leasing contract so I'm stuck with my apartment. She expects rent money that I cannot give or she expects me to do chores to cover what I cannot pay. Moving out of her apartment would result in breakup.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Licarn posted:

My (27F) girlfriend and I (22F) can’t come to a compromise about chores and finances and it’s tearing us apart. Am I completely off base?

Move... back to your apartment? And if she continues to be a shitfuck and dumps you, then you dodged a bullet?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Lucrece posted:

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) of 8 months birthday present to me was a tattoo of my name and face on her back.

It could have worse. It could have been a tattoo of your face on her stomach, and then every time you have sex, you'd see your own ugly mug trying to reach for your cock. Aim for the cooch and not the belly button, my dude!

Anyone have that classic post with a similar situation, except op's boyfriend used his little brother's face instead?

DemoneeHo fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 22, 2020

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
i (17m) am cheating on my long distance bf (19m) of 3 years

quote:

here's the situation: my bf said i could date the other guy (17m), but not have sex with him. i had sex with him.

my main question is whether or not i should tell my boyfriend about this. he's not super likely to figure it out otherwise, him being long-distance and all. i talked to my mom about it and she says that she thinks it would be selfish to tell him?? like that telling him would only really hurt him and make me feel like a slightly better person. i don't know if that's how it works. so, there's my reason for this post. should i tell him?

TL;DR: should i tell my boyfriend that i'm cheating on him

NOT LOOKING FOR VALIDATION judgement welcome bc that's a reasonable response

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my friend her plan was tacky?

A friend (29F) of mine (26F) got married last fall, the wedding was tiny, only 12 people, mostly their parents and siblings, so I was not at the wedding. She sent out an engagement announcement/save the date thing, I'm not sure how to describe it since it was kind of a hybrid of the two, with a link to their registry, which was just a honeymoon donation fund, she's also posted links to the registry several times on her social media and IG stories.

We got drinks last week and she was complaining that almost no one had donated to the fund and they were having to scale their planned trip to Europe back. At first I sympathized, but then she said she wanted to send out an email to the friends and family that she had sent the announcement to, but not invited to the wedding, that the registry was still up.

I told her I thought that sounded kind of tacky, and that she shouldn't expect gifts from people she hadn't invited to her wedding. She got offended and said that she shouldn't have to invite people to her wedding is she didn't want to, which I agree with... but I still think it's tacky to expect them to give you money for a trip to Europe.

Anyway, we haven't spoken since last week and I'm beginning to wonder if I was the AH?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for blowing up at my nephew when he ruined a gender reveal party?

quote:

The first time my sister got pregnant I did a gender reveal for her and her husband. I made a cupcake with blue inside. They called me saying the cake was yellow and I had to tell them over the phone. Their son is now 6.

When my sister told me she was pregnant again I remembered the first time, and asked if I could have a redo. She didn't want to have a gender reveal party but I pointed out that she didn't do a baby shower the first time and people gave her poo poo for it so why not do a baby shower/gender reveal party. She wasn't sure but I said I'd take care of everything, both in terms of finances and planning, and she agreed. It didn't take much, just grabbed some paper plates and ordered a few pizzas, but the part I put serious work into was the reveal.

I made a tower of 36 cupcakes. All had gold cases and chocolate icing, 35 were yellow cake, 1 was blue. Whoever finds the blue cake announces the gender. It took a couple hours to make and decorate all 36.

I invited just family. Our parents, some cousins, uncles, aunts, and nana. 12 people RSVPd yes, and 2 of them had kids. Didn't do a headcount there were about 15 people, 3 children. As people arrived I explained the reveal and they all thought it was cute. My sister arrived, late, with her husband and my nephew, I explained it to them, and my sister thanked me for throwing everything together.

The party was going well, about an hour in and everyone had a cupcake but no one found the blue cupcake yet (I put it right at the bottom of the tower), I was talking to a cousin, and then there's a thud, followed by a series of smaller thuds. I turn around and the 6 year old nephew has toppled the tower onto the table and is punching the cupcakes.

Dad is nearest and he pulls my nephew away, but not before he punches the correct one, revealing the blue cake. Mum and dad clean up my nephew and my sister and her husband clean the table.

I yell "what the gently caress?" Sister tells me not to swear. I say "I'll swear if I loving want to swear why did he do that?" Sister says he's a kid, kids do dumb stuff and he was just excited, leave him alone. I tell her there's dumb and then there's this, and he should know better. Sister thanks everyone for coming, thanks me for the party and she, the kid, and her husband leave. Within half an hour everyone else has left and I'm clearing up alone.

I figured my sister would get over it but the party was last weekend and today when I offered to bring the gifts mum and dad forgot to their house my sister says "that depends, are you going to scream at my son again?" I tell her he was being a brat, she says he was being a kid, and I say "whatever, we'll sort it out another time".

I don't see anything I did as unreasonable but my sister apparently hates my guts now and everyone is siding with her.

AITA? How?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

teen witch posted:

The school then decided to suspend my son for THREE DAYS, this would prevent him from playing any sports, do any clubs, and from doing any school activity for the rest of the school year (because of the added disciplinary points)

And there's the buried lede, this wasn't the kid's first rodeo.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mllaneza posted:

And there's the buried lede, this wasn't the kid's first rodeo.

Ohhhh poo poo. I missed that. Yeah this dad is definitely enabling his son's lovely behaviour and his wife is nobly fighting a losing battle.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DemoneeHo posted:

lol the kid's punching the cupcakes, and TA because gender reveals are some dumb poo poo and also hilariously prone to drama apparently

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Tesseraction posted:

Ohhhh poo poo. I missed that. Yeah this dad is definitely enabling his son's lovely behaviour and his wife is nobly fighting a losing battle.

Kid is an incel-in-training and dad is enabling him

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DemoneeHo posted:

quote:

AITA? How?

Yes. Screaming profanity at a 6 year old over cupcakes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

She's gonna charge her sister £2500 for the cupcakes.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I read that anger as a man, but didn't see the gender...... revealed for the OP.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Where's the cut off for the child's age where OP stops being TAH

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!
I love the thought of the kid just wailing on the cupcakes.

But yeah, she's most definitely in the wrong there for her massive over reaction.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The kid is a little poo poo for destroying food, but the OP is an rear end in a top hat for screaming at the kid like that. So this whole family sucks?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

rotinaj posted:

The kid is a little poo poo for destroying food, but the OP is an rear end in a top hat for screaming at the kid like that. So this whole family sucks?

They do gender reveal parties, so yes

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Licarn posted:

Where's the cut off for the child's age where OP stops being TAH

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

I read that anger as a man, but didn't see the gender...... revealed for the OP.

Hah, I admit I'm guessing from the language - "screaming" rather than "shouting" kinda thing. I could well be totally wrong.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

purple death ray posted:

They do gender reveal parties, so yes

They had 36 cupcakes for 12 people

How were they planning to find the blue one WITHOUT the punching? Everyone eats all the cupcakes until we find it? I bet you people would have eventually given up after getting sick of eating cupcake after cupcake.

This person is bad at planning things in general and freaks out when poo poo doesn't go their way.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Darkhold posted:

My (28f) boyfriend (30m) puts me down a lot, but he doesn't think so. He says he's just so smart.
I only spoilered that part because I figured most people would stop reading because it tells you all you need to know.

Me: (reading the title) oh this guy is probably TA
Me: (reading) wow this is even more mundane than I thought
Me: (unexpressive) there's definitely and abundance of parentheses here
Me: (posting) :effort:

(E: guy is definitely the rear end in a top hat)

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
AITA: Left Dentist After Being Charged Cancellation Fee

quote:

On Monday morning at 8am I had a follow up appointment for a root canal, which unfortunately I overslept and missed. The actual dentist called me at 8:15am and told me my appointment had been missed, and I would need to reschedule. He said they were overrun with emergencies, so it would need to be another day. Today I called to reschedule and was told I was being charged $100 because I didn't cancel the appointment 48 hours in advance. I politely asked the receptionist to send me a copy of this policy because I was not aware of it. She emailed me the policy which I had clearly signed. I emailed the receptionist back and asked her to please send me a final statement including the cancellation fee because I thought it was unreasonable and I will pay it and my balance but I won't continue to be a patient of theirs.

Ever since then my phone has been blowing up, the actual dentist has called three times but I didn't answer. He left messages saying he wants to discuss the fee. I told my wife and son this evening and they both think IATA. They said that I am punishing the dentist when it was my fault I overslept. They think I should just pay the fee, and reschedule the appointment because I had accepted their terms. My argument is that the fee is outrageous and while I will pay it, I won't finish my procedure with them. This is not my 'normal' dentist anyway, and was only referred for the root canal. I don't feel any loyalty to this guy. I already rescheduled with another dentist and they DON'T have a policy that charges for missed appointments.

tl;dr

AITA for leaving my dentist after getting charged a $100 missed appointment fee that I had agreed to?

The top reply is YTA because the post was in such a hurry to dish out judgement that they didn't read the post properly.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Cake puncher: the early years

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

They had 36 cupcakes for 12 people

How were they planning to find the blue one WITHOUT the punching? Everyone eats all the cupcakes until we find it? I bet you people would have eventually given up after getting sick of eating cupcake after cupcake.

This person is bad at planning things in general and freaks out when poo poo doesn't go their way.

It's probably safe to assume that they have at least one very fat person.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's only 3 cupcakes each, maybe they're tiny. Which just leads to someone popping the whole thing into their mouth without biting it and the reveal still fails.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Kuros posted:

AITA: Left Dentist After Being Charged Cancellation Fee

The top reply is YTA because the post was in such a hurry to dish out judgement that they didn't read the post properly.

You have every right to refuse to continue doing business with a company whose policies you don't like or object to. The Dentist lost a $600 piece of business because he got greedy and chased after $100. Learning to prioritize customer relationships over fees and surcharges and letting little stuff go to make sure they buy the big stuff is customer service 101 and this dude's the one who sets the policy in the first place. Saying you should just accept a policy you think is wrong when there's competitors who don't have that policy is some real bootlicker bs.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

it makes dog heelys look like the loving iphone.

:okhand:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Lucrece posted:

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) of 8 months birthday present to me was a tattoo of my name and face on her back.

Homeboy should ruuuuuuun. Any face tattooed on you is bad news never mind someone you are just dating.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

You have every right to refuse to continue doing business with a company whose policies you don't like or object to. The Dentist lost a $600 piece of business because he got greedy and chased after $100. Learning to prioritize customer relationships over fees and surcharges and letting little stuff go to make sure they buy the big stuff is customer service 101 and this dude's the one who sets the policy in the first place. Saying you should just accept a policy you think is wrong when there's competitors who don't have that policy is some real bootlicker bs.

Agreed. Also willing to bet the receptionist did it without the dentist knowing and that the dentist may have been calling to say 'nevermind' bc of the circumstances of the day.

The truth is the guy missing his appointment worked out for the dentist bc he could then take those emergencies right away and the money therein. It sounded like the dentist just wanted to reschedule. Win-win for everyone.

Medical receptionists are often the worst sorts of petty tyrants when it comes to gatekeeping. In part because they have to be, but often I find it's people who get frustrated that patients don't follow the Systems They Live By and they get pissed off, so they try to be punitive about it. Which is hilarious bc their function is literally to be the human face that makes those systems accessible to those outside of them.

I'm not saying the system is inherently broken and that this is destined to happen at nearly every medical practice bc of the pace of having to see patients in the current factory-style medical system, I'm just thinking it SUPER LOUDLY.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 22, 2020

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Yeah, the loving dentist sets the policies and he even said he'd pay the late fee, so he's not even breaking the rules his dentist set. He just said "hey, that's cool, I'll pay for what I said I would pay in that there contract, I'm not going to be doing business with you anymore though".

I would bet good money though that the dentist doesn't really give a poo poo and would just tell him they would waive the fee on this one occasion as they are such a good customer or some poo poo.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Kitchner posted:

Yeah, the loving dentist sets the policies and he even said he'd pay the late fee, so he's not even breaking the rules his dentist set. He just said "hey, that's cool, I'll pay for what I said I would pay in that there contract, I'm not going to be doing business with you anymore though".

I would bet good money though that the dentist doesn't really give a poo poo and would just tell him they would waive the fee on this one occasion as they are such a good customer or some poo poo.

Of course not. The fees there because its free money when people are too chicken-poo poo to challenge it or take their business elsewhere especially if you just waive it everytime someone makes a fuss. Of course that business practice then incentives people to make a fuss which screws over the 12 an hour receptionist who actually has to deal with them but hey its not the dentists problem then is it :v:

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

I vote no on the TIFU stories. They are all so terribly written and obviously 100% fake, and there's never anything about them to discuss in the thread other than how terrible and fake they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

six is too old to be knocking over cupcake towers and punching them