Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Superfluous anime avatar

Edit: poo poo, what a snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The old saying I knew was 'Chickens voting for Colonel Sanders'.

It's usually more like "one chicken gets to temporarily avoid nuggetization to make a few extra bucks"

Are there any recorded examples of what happens when people like this end up persecuted by the people they were defending?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

nerdz posted:

Are there any recorded examples of what happens when people like this end up persecuted by the people they were defending?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I just think of Karen Chicken from Rocko's Modern Life, who gets a job at the Chokey Chicken, and later in the episode you see a ready meal with her nametag on a conveyor belt.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

nerdz posted:

It's usually more like "one chicken gets to temporarily avoid nuggetization to make a few extra bucks"

Laura Loomer, a conservative Jewish woman, did not find the reception she was looking for when she got kicked off Twitter and moved to Gab.

(I'd post screenshots but it's basically just pages and pages of anti-semitic slurs.)

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

nerdz posted:

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Being trans is transphobic. If there weren't any trans people there wouldn't be any transphobia. I am very smart.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

nerdz posted:

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/04/alt-right-women-are-upset-that-alt-right-men-are-treating-them-terribly/

quote:

Another self-described "conservative woman" also had a problem with her movement's underlying culture. In a video titled, "Why I'm Not Married," Lauren Southern responded to the backlash she received for pushing "traditional family values" and trying to tear down feminism — while not turning into a baby-making machine, herself.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

"Tanky Brain" is the step beyond galaxy brain.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You do have to fully re-vaccinate again after that, but I don't know if that means you are 100% as susceptible as an unvaccinated person if you don't.

Having had it done a little over a year ago - you do, and you are. Your immune system goes to literal zero. Any childhood diseases I had and couldn't get again? Gone. You have the immune system of an infant - literally. Sucks because a common cold puts me DOWN for like 2 weeks because I got nothing to fight it off at all.

As we've been doing my vaccinations again, I joke with my doctor about hoping I don't catch the autism - which she thinks is hilarious.

But now - I want to see what the anti-vaxxer response to that scenario is. I'm sure they will handwave it away with "it's different for kids vs adults" but I am curious to ask one: "my immune system was wiped completely out and reset to the same as a newborn. Should I be worried about getting autism as I am being revaccinated?"

I should note - I am curious - but not curious enough to willingly enter into a discussion with an anti-vaxxer. Perhaps I will never know.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I’ll be glad come April because it’ll hopefully mean the end to all this dual loyalty talk.

Seriously, this is the third time in a week.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

I thought we were already at 100 until suddenly it went from 0-100 real quick

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Guilty posted:

It's just the same thing 4 times but with less and less veneer as you go down the list

Fishstick has a new favorite as of 18:17 on Jan 22, 2020

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Guilty posted:

I like how the last guy went "How can I make sure people know I'm a Nazi? I don't want to be too subtle."

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Are there any real people left on twitter besides OPs?

I swear at least once a day someone runs up into my face and starts copy pasting bullshit. Then I check their tweet history and it's like

"As a nurse and mother of 4 bla bla bla"

then a few months down

"as a holocaust historian bla bla bla"

"as a trans person I have never had a problem with bathroom bills and we really need to stop these trans activists from invading LGB spaces"

With locations changing as often as professions.

And all they do is repost the same stuff in a super aggressive manner. Like homing beacons for real people. Their posts often instantly liked by other "people" who do the exact same thing.

I swear if you laid this out on a map they're specifically trying to make people feel isolated whenever they comment on any vaguely political topic.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HaB posted:

Having had it done a little over a year ago - you do, and you are. Your immune system goes to literal zero. Any childhood diseases I had and couldn't get again? Gone. You have the immune system of an infant - literally. Sucks because a common cold puts me DOWN for like 2 weeks because I got nothing to fight it off at all.

As we've been doing my vaccinations again, I joke with my doctor about hoping I don't catch the autism - which she thinks is hilarious.

But now - I want to see what the anti-vaxxer response to that scenario is. I'm sure they will handwave it away with "it's different for kids vs adults" but I am curious to ask one: "my immune system was wiped completely out and reset to the same as a newborn. Should I be worried about getting autism as I am being revaccinated?"

I should note - I am curious - but not curious enough to willingly enter into a discussion with an anti-vaxxer. Perhaps I will never know.

They'll justify it's different for kids probably by saying something like "science shows the brain finishes development in the mid 20s" if the discussion happens in person you would then hear what sounds like a 7 chord being played in a tank of jello emitting from their skull.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Brute Hole Force posted:

They'll justify it's different for kids probably by saying something like "science shows the brain finishes development in the mid 20s" if the discussion happens in person you would then hear what sounds like a 7 chord being played in a tank of jello emitting from their skull.

Well now I kinda WANT to hear that noise. :v:

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

I actually know someone who is very antivax, amongst a whole host of other crazy. It's impossible to try to argue about anything because it just gets shut down with 'I know better'.

Oddly enough, she would only really mention the crazy stuff when there were no scientists about. I have a good few PhD friends who were far more equipped to argue than me but she didn't give them much chance...

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

sugar mouse posted:

I actually know someone who is very antivax, amongst a whole host of other crazy. It's impossible to try to argue about anything because it just gets shut down with 'I know better'.

Oddly enough, she would only really mention the crazy stuff when there were no scientists about. I have a good few PhD friends who were far more equipped to argue than me but she didn't give them much chance...

I have a few older friends like that who are all obsessed with cellphones causing cancer and weird rear end diets like no carbs etc.

I tell them that if they have any concerns about it just go to the health center and you can ask a doctor about diet or cancer. They respond with "doctors don't know everything" and I answer that no they do not but they know more than anyone else and that's the most we can ask for.

It usually ends there but I'm pretty sure there are whole strings of rebuttals they're not voicing.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

sugar mouse posted:

Just do this - whenever you are both in the company of the PHDs, just tell them her stupidest beliefs and let them have at her like a pack of rabid wolves. Either she has to admit she's an idiot, or she has to lie about her beliefs and compromise herself.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I'm stealing this from cspam

lol

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Jacob Wohl is the worst. I was looking at his Instagram after that dumbshit weightlifting photo and he posted this:

I cannot wait for that idiot to go to federal prison.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

his nose reminds me of Ted Cruz, and I don't like to be reminded of Ted Cruz

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Jacob Wohl is the worst. I was looking at his Instagram after that dumbshit weightlifting photo and he posted this:

Got some shocking news for him about where Puerto Rico is.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Wishing 3 million people would die because you see them as an annoyance is most definitely welcoming. Strong positive community focus there.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

On the one hand, he’s an idiot and should get dickslapped. On the other hand, if he gets booted off of insta, then I have to wait for his dumb press conferences to see him embarrass himself.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

https://twitter.com/TheRealMcKeever/status/1215367542182576128?s=20

Why would man who died by assassination suspect assassination? :iiam:

Also the whole handing candy back is some tradition apparently.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Jacob Wohl is what happens when sociopaths are on the far left of the bell curve.

I legitimately can't tell if he knows how to smile.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Katt posted:

https://twitter.com/TheRealMcKeever/status/1215367542182576128?s=20

Why would man who died by assassination suspect assassination? :iiam:

Also the whole handing candy back is some tradition apparently.

Giving a kid poison candy is also CIA as gently caress

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hyperhazard posted:

Jacob Wohl is what happens when sociopaths are on the far left of the bell curve.

I legitimately can't tell if he knows how to smile.

Is it psychopaths or sociopaths that can't fake a smile? That one always trips me up.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"psychopath" and "sociopath" are vague, mostly-equivalent terms that both describe what is now called antisocial personality disorder.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Brute Hole Force posted:

Is it psychopaths or sociopaths that can't fake a smile? That one always trips me up.

They’re pretty similar. Without getting too much into it, psychopath is like a more advanced version of sociopath.

To your question specifically, both.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Pretty sure they can fake a smile chief, since faking poo poo is like the first thing they do in literally every situation

e: fun fact: the ethics of people w/ APD consenting to societal understandings of prosocial/acceptable behaviour was actually a question that got me into philosophy. Turns out the broader answer is not to think about it.

T-man has a new favorite as of 00:16 on Jan 23, 2020

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Brute Hole Force posted:

It's actually terminators, but I see where you're coming from.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ugato posted:

They're pretty similar. Without getting too much into it, psychopath is like a more advanced version of sociopath.

To your question specifically, both.

T-man posted:

Pretty sure they can fake a smile chief, since faking poo poo is like the first thing they do in literally every situation

e: fun fact: the ethics of people w/ APD consenting to societal understandings of prosocial/acceptable behaviour was actually a question that got me into philosophy. Turns out the broader answer is not to think about it.

Woof, glad I'm used to answers I expected but didn't want to hear.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1220000895720554496?s=19

https://theoutline.com/post/8583/michael-che-feud-snl-jack-allison?zd=1&zi=yv5l2dho

Michael Che, the head writer for America's most overblown community theater is yet again publicly harassing little people over extraordinarly tiny criticisms.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

nerdz posted:

I remember Tomi Lahren getting some backlash when she made some pro-choice comments.

One of my absolute favorite Things is the obsession that conservatives/right-wingers/chuds/etc. have with complaining about the left and "cancel culture"...while conveniently forgetting that they've participated in plenty of "cancel culture" themselves. Dixie Chicks are a main example, but I also doubt Republicans were (publicly) happy with Janet Jackson's titty at the Superbowl. Not to mention Target's same-sex wedding ads, all the folks demanding Kathy Griffin's blood after that Trump photo, and so on and so on for hours.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Haha poo poo I forgot about the Dixie Chicks! That was like 20 years ago so they essentially laid the groundwork for cancel culture with that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

T-man posted:

Trust me, I’m well aware