Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Ava sounded like she actually puked in that scene.

This cast makes amazing noises. Also Ray trying to find a catch phrase was adorable.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bou
Aug 3, 2006

That was a fatastic opener. Rasputin evil-laughing after being reminded by his mook slayed me. This show... :allears:

/Edit: I am very on board with the search for Zari being the general plot for this season. Her hologram at the end was so Princess Leia and Obi Wan.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So what's Charlie's deal this season? She not gonna be main cast or are they setting up something or both?

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

the only thing that could've been better is if ant-man Ray had entered thanos's Rasputin's body through the butt

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Grillfiend posted:

the only thing that could've been better is if ant-man Ray had entered thanos's Rasputin's body through the butt

They're saving that for Darkseid.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh my god the loving bird nailing the waverider

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Behrad using his powers to clear the air in his room was perfect.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Stream of conscious reactions

I gotta say much love to Behrad, Ray and Nick for being battle bros. Shayan Sobhian did an incredible job nailing the years long camaraderie. That had to have been difficult without the actual years long part.

I felt for Ava loving up with the best intentions. Poor clonelady. I like that she and Sarah still have a bit if that, I dunno, antagonist vibe so they don't end up being sicky sweet.

John is fantastic as always and I kind of got my wish for Gary to be his bangtoy again. Gary doesn't need to be too front and centre (no hate to the actor, he's great but Gary's a charicature not a character. See also Mona).

Goddamn finally, Heatwave is back in action. I legit wondered if Purcell hated the whole thing in a Garber-like manner, because he did so little. Looking forward to some time thievery!!!!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/1220112445735346178?s=20

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, so was the thumbs up that Caity gave at the end planned or just the kiss?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So this was amazing, but.... Am I the only one who thinks the crossover jokes are a bit much now? It was hilarious the first time as a 4th wall moment, but doing it over and over again is getting repetitive.

That said, minor nitpicking aside, was amazing from start to finish.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I kind of feel like the joke has evolved to "Nate has a weird obsessive hatred of the crossovers". When he was like "Was Superman there? It couldn't have been that big a deal." I was waiting for it to kind of further evolve to Nate being jealous and having FOMO.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I loved "How would Rasputin speak English?" and the line about germs. This show just keeps delivering.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vietnamwees posted:

Wait, so was the thumbs up that Caity gave at the end planned or just the kiss?

I'm guessing it was the fainting and thumbs up.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 23, 2020

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
God, I missed the time idiots.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

STAC Goat posted:

I kind of feel like the joke has evolved to "Nate has a weird obsessive hatred of the crossovers". When he was like "Was Superman there? It couldn't have been that big a deal." I was waiting for it to kind of further evolve to Nate being jealous and having FOMO.

man of steel pfft....

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWGqzDBCgWo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I was hoping Ray would tell him that one of the Supermen looked just like him, and Nate would get disappointed because there wasn't a Superman who looked like him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Davros1 posted:

I was hoping Ray would tell him that one of the Supermen looked just like him, and Nate would get disappointed because there wasn't a Superman who looked like him.

He did say Superman was handsome.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
the look on the Sarah face when they sprung the surprise on her was pretty great

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love that Ray is still in aw there was a Superman that looked like him.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Medullah posted:

So this was amazing, but.... Am I the only one who thinks the crossover jokes are a bit much now? It was hilarious the first time as a 4th wall moment, but doing it over and over again is getting repetitive.

That said, minor nitpicking aside, was amazing from start to finish.

I absolutely lost it at “Oliver’s dead” “shouldn’t have done the crossover”

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

So what's Charlie's deal this season? She not gonna be main cast or are they setting up something or both?

She's on the poster (which Mona isn't) and Masie has been talking up the season so I assume she'll be around.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

twistedmentat posted:

I love that Ray is still in aw there was a Superman that looked like him.

I mean, that's gotta be a pretty huge ego boost for anybody.

Ray's general enthusiasm was awesome. He was just so hyped about being part of the Crisis, hyped to have the camera crew, hyped to be reunited with the Legends, hyped to come up with goofy rear end catchphrases.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm just so glad we have the current Ray. He's so much better than cocky Felicity's boyfriend from Arrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

I'm just so glad we have the current Ray. He's so much better than cocky Felicity's boyfriend from Arrow.

I figure he has mild time travel PTSD. It's really loosened him up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I figure he has mild time travel PTSD. It's really loosened him up.

Remember how his entire motivation to begin with was a dead fiance?

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Nope, but to be fair, neither have the writers for the last few years.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

muscles like this! posted:

Nora's not dead, just away.

(I know, I know. I can't even remember his dead fiancée's name, which is a shame actually.)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The last time she ever came up as far as I can recall was Arrow's 100th episode.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Also Ray has a brother.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I'm saddened that Ray didn't think up the most obvious catchphrase: Up and Atom!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I thought that was the joke

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
drat, Brandon Routh's characters sure have a lot of awful luck with their lovers staying alive.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, when Ray first showed up he (a) was in grief and shock over his dead wife, (b) was doing a crazy thing creating a battle suit to fight the vigilante he blamed for her death, (c) lost his girlfriend to that same vigilante, and (d) lost his company to that girlfriend.

Ray's not PTSD now, he was PTSD THEN. His time with the Legends has allowed him to let all that stuff go and get comfortable.

You know, and Legends is goofy and Arrow is serious. But also character development.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And they're taking him away from us.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
So many funny lines in this ep and also

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Binary Logic posted:

thank you got the gif

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Binary Logic posted:

I almost had to pause the video when this happened because I was laughing too hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

TwoPair posted:

Well I guess everyone got what they wanted and Mona's gone now

I was sorry to see that, although I get it. Mona had a lot of potential, but the writers misplayed their hand with her imo. Hopefully she'll be more of a bit character going forward, which is where she excelled.

Also no more werewolf, the werewolf thing was a bad idea for her.

Good ep btw! Thrilled that it's back.