Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

cuntman.net posted:

actually obiwan can move super fast too.

Tell it to Qui-gon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

tell it to darth maul!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Obi wan uses his force to think of one liners super fast and to play strong d

Anakin uses his to swing sword very fast and hard much much different

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

• When they drive a submarine through the "planet core"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just imagine the word outer before core

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Metapod posted:

I've caught up with the thread. I see a large chunk of the thread doesn't understand anakin can move super fast so those openings aren't open

So then why doesn't he ever do that?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
poster 1: I don't like movies. >:(

poster 2: I do like movies. :)

poster 1: How? Movies does bad things X Y and Z! >:(

poster 2: I liked X Y and Z. I thought they worked well given the story being told. :)

poster 1: nani?!!! :O

There. I summed up all 800 pages of this thread.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Party pooper.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Who What Now posted:

So then why doesn't he ever do that?

He does against dooku

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Schwarzwald posted:

poster 1: I don't like movies. >:(

poster 2: I do like movies. :)

poster 1: How? Movies does bad things X Y and Z! >:(

poster 2: I liked X Y and Z. I thought they worked well given the story being told. :)

poster 1: nani?!!! :O

I'm only against the one specific thing the movies themselves are fine.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Poster 1: I like movies :)
Poster 2: I don't like movies :(
Poster 1: How? X Y and Z worked well given the story being told. :)
Poster 2: Movies does X Y and Z badly and I did not enjoy it. :(
Poster 1: nani?!!! :O

There, ftfy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

euphronius posted:

Just imagine the word outer before core

i will not

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CainFortea posted:

There, ftfy

The thread started out the opposite way tho, check the title

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Whoa he just said the decisions were bad : not that he didn’t like them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s a Star Wars fan so I am assuming he liked the movies

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
That's true no real fan dislikes the prequels

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Zoran posted:

I know you live in a meme world where every performance was utterly flat and without affect, but in the films that are real, Hayden’s Anakin is among the most dynamically emotional characters in the saga. He has raw outbursts among people who are much more refined and controlled, which they often find very disturbing

Do you also find Tommy Wiseau's dynamically emotional acting to be good?

\/\/\/tough but fair\/\/\/

Majorian fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 22, 2020

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The prequels managed to turn Samuel L Jackson into a 2d cutout.

They're almost as bad as After Earth.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Let us discuss the line "It's over anakin I have the high ground" because it's perhaps the most extraneous, bizarre line of dialog every delivered in the history of film. See, if at any point in any star wars movie, book, comic, or other property had established the indomitable supremacy of "the high ground", the line would make sense. If earlier in the movie, or in any previous movie, some adventure involving Anakin and Obi-wan (we see none of these adventures, presumably this is where the things happen to make Obi Wan remark that Anakin was a 'good friend' in ANH because it sure ain't on screen) established that, maybe they defeat some foe from the high ground or are rebuffed by a foe upon it, then the line makes some sense. It would serve as a callback to happier times when they were on the same side or whatever. BUT that was never laid out, it comes out of nowhere. He might as well have said "It's over anakin I have the secret force field that makes me immune to lightsabers" because it makes as much sense. It's like a reverse chekov's gun situation. And the really irritating thing about it is that it is totally unnecessary, Obi Wan could've just won the fight. It's anime-rear end dialog.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's over, Anikin! I've seen the next movie

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Reading back over that I may have been in error: "From my point of view the Jedi are evil" is actually the most extraneous, bizarre line of anime-rear end expository dialog ever uttered

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

CainFortea posted:

There, ftfy

*turns to face directly into the camera*

It's like poetry.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

anime is good

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have a lot of love for the Prequels because I grew up with them and I do think there's a bunch to enjoy in them, but gently caress, the lakehouse scenes on Naboo in Attack of the Clones are utterly miserable no matter how many times I watch them. And the Trade Federation's comically racist accents are just uncomfortable.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

cuntman.net posted:

anime is good

Ladies and gentlemen, the defense rests.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fsmhunk posted:

I have a lot of love for the Prequels because I grew up with them and I do think there's a bunch to enjoy in them, but gently caress, the lakehouse scenes on Naboo in Attack of the Clones are utterly miserable no matter how many times I watch them. And the Trade Federation's comically racist accents are just uncomfortable.

More or less uncomfortable than the flying jew-alien?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fsmhunk posted:

Yeah that's another thing, why the gently caress was a 10 year old being set up romantically with a woman twice his age.

*extremely wrong idiot voice* "acutally she was playing a younger character like 15 or 16 you see"

me, wisely: that's not any loving better

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Schwarzwald posted:

Those pages are still gonna happen you know, it can't be helped.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

From my point of view, the prequels are bad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ItBreathes posted:

From my point of view, the prequels are bad.

THEN YOU ARE RIGHT

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Metapod posted:

Episode one is the best out of all the 9 there were no mistakes

inclined to agree

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

someone said the prequels have bad design/aesthetics? what the gently caress man. get your loving eyes checked.

im not gonna defend rots but the first two have top tier design. they look like primo jrpg poo poo, but better

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Remember when you were a kid and you assumed that the Clone Wars were the conflict whereby the Empire invaded and conquered the Republic, using clones, which would make sense given everything we knew from the OT and then it turned out to be 1,000,000 boba fetts fighting comedy droids

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I thought that it was really bold to put C-3PO in it right away for no reason other than to make the entire universe seem way smaller

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

zoux posted:

Remember when you were a kid and you assumed that the Clone Wars were the conflict whereby the Empire invaded and conquered the Republic, using clones, which would make sense given everything we knew from the OT and then it turned out to be 1,000,000 boba fetts fighting comedy droids

lol who thought this

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

Remember when Yoda was like "Begun, the Clone Wars have" and you're just like wow, loving great writing. It's just like in 1914 when, with his dying breath, Archduke Ferdinand said "Here comes World War 1"

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
It was pretty obvious that the Empire was the Republic turned empire, for example in that scene where Tarkin literally says this, so I for one don't remember that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

dudeness posted:

Remember when Yoda was like "Begun, the Clone Wars have" and you're just like wow, loving great writing. It's just like in 1914 when, with his dying breath, Archduke Ferdinand said "Here comes World War 1"

*The Archduke, clutching Sophie's hand as they both lay dying in the streets of Sarajevo* - "Oh brother"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

cuntman.net posted:

lol who thought this

Anyone who was a SW before the prequels came out. This really was the subtext that Star Wars fans bought into: that the clones were scary, menacing, and cool, as opposed to the unbelievably dumb poo poo that they turned out to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

zoux posted:

Yeah that's another thing, why the gently caress was a 10 year old being set up romantically with a woman twice his age.

*extremely wrong idiot voice* "acutally she was playing a younger character like 15 or 16 you see"

me, wisely: that's not any loving better

the character was 14 and Portman was 15-16 at the time