Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I specifically came here to see if one of those pages (or their responses) would get reposted, and was not disappointed. The latest one is also something:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Nice.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so mangastream got shut down

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Jose posted:

so mangastream got shut down

I feel like I should know who this guy is. Should I know who this guy is?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

no idea but i felt it fit with the tread title what with the bragging tone

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

no all three of those shows were just bad disregarding the actual bad parts of them lol

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, Fire Force went to the shitter? I kinda stopped following it but I thought it would stay strong. :(

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wark Say posted:

Wait, Fire Force went to the shitter? I kinda stopped following it but I thought it would stay strong. :(

It did not. It turned into endless fanservice as really lame gags and a bunch of characters constantly pointing out how much they wanted Shinra's dick.

No amount of David Production can save that mess.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Blaze Dragon posted:

It did not. It turned into endless fanservice as really lame gags and a bunch of characters constantly pointing out how much they wanted Shinra's dick.

Counterpoint: the fanservice is occasional, and "endless" is goon exaggeration. Hibana is the only one I can recall who expressly says they're interested in Shinra; Tamaki is heavy on the tsun, and Iris plays things close to the chest if she's even interested at all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like Fire Force aside from the character who is literally only there to provide fanservice

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tamaki and Iris are in lesbians

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only interesting characters in fire force are the girls, and fire force has literally no respect for them. not even because of fanservice but because it constnatly makes jokes at their expense and belittles them in ways it doesnt do for the lame guys.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Endorph posted:

the only interesting characters in fire force are the girls, and fire force has literally no respect for them. not even because of fanservice but because it constnatly makes jokes at their expense and belittles them in ways it doesnt do for the lame guys.

Really weird coming from that author since he also did Soul Eater which has a female main character and a ton of competent female characters. Unless there’s a lot of misogyny in Soul Eater I’m forgetting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

might have had an editor tell him that shonen mags should have more focus on male characters, might have decided that himself, might just be the difference between having a female or male protagonist and soul eater having a female protagonist was a random, arbitrary decision. lots of reasons

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

It's also stuck in soul eater Era narrative structure where Shinra gains a new power every arc just to save the day then promptly forgets about it, this happens constantly and the plot is overall not that great later on

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Eh, Hibana and Maki are treated pretty well. Outside of Tamaki(who is a problem) it's not really filled with all that much fanservice. And even her fanservice is toned down dramatically as the series goes on.

Maki will occasionally have a joke about her being "a gorilla", with regard to her insecurities but it's never in a belittling fashion and is usually while she's in the process of beating the poo poo out of someone. Maki is probably one of the strongest non-3rd gen fighters, and is treated as such in the series.

And Shinra's only power ups have been the Hand Forms, and he uses those literally in every fight. Outside of the Adolla link lightspeed stuff, which has specific conditions to trigger.

But anyway, yeah It's generic shonen. I wouldn't say it's bad, but it is what it is. Definitely not on Shield Hero/Goblin Slayer level of trash.

As Shield Hero is like straight up MRA poo poo.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
:yikes:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

BRB going to read Arata - The Legend

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

The_White_Crane posted:

BRB going to read Arata - The Legend

Shonen Sunday’s always had a broader audience than, say, Shonen Jump! It publishes Komi-san and Detective Conan, and published Inuyasha, for goodness sake

k4kk01
May 6, 2013

I don't know if novelupdates counts, but

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

"Comedy"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

loli loli loli loli loli loli s*x

don't want people to think i'm some kinda degenerate

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
“What’s wrong with the mc? It’s like he doesn’t want to have sex with a child or something!”

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

k4kk01 posted:

I don't know if novelupdates counts, but
If your kneejerk reaction upon seeing a comment of this caliber is to facepalm (and I just noticed that we have at least three smilies for this! This one is my favorite :doh:), it counts.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That is an extremely powerful combination.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

:hai:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Now this I can get behind. :golfclap:

(Please don't show me the rest of that comment section)

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
The disapproving King avatar really ties the post together.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I really want to know which series this is and how it jumped the shark so badly to deserve a condemnation not only on the series, but also on the fanbase.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Blaze Dragon posted:

I really want to know which series this is and how it jumped the shark so badly to deserve a condemnation not only on the series, but also on the fanbase.

It's this, the comment was about some drama that was resolved in two chapters :confused:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’m more surprised that the premise of “my girlfriend isn’t a virgin” is enough to base a manga on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
They can go 127 volumes and end with handholding so :shrug: