Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i thought he was in plays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Ill never understand the idiots who think Harry is somehow whipped. Oh so your hot model actress multi millionaire wife wants to move across the world so we don't have to see your lovely family? Sign me the gently caress up.

Because monarchists know that when Elizabeth dies that's going to be a strong point for Republicanism, and the last thing they want is a royal showing that, even without the state's support, these are rich people who could easily step back into private life and be just fine.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Sandpuppy posted:

I was quite surprised to learn that A) Charo is still alive, and B) she's not even 70 yet.
Charo had her age legally changed by a Vegas judge.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

:chloe:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I thought a big part of their rally was to demonstrate that they can carry guns in public without any problems, and yet this cartoon doesn't show anyone carrying guns.

Also I thought the "large" would be the lead-in to some joke but I guess not.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

Of course Greta Thunberg is right next to Soros.

Also I'm the royal crown on the Eagle representing the USA. I though it was a Republic, Garrison, what happened to that? You'd rather have a monarchy, now? Huh.
It might not make any sense, but libertarian monarchists are a thing.

https://twitter.com/LibertyHangout/status/1216757629307015168?s=20

Edit:

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't know which way he's looking in in the second panel.
Yes you do, you can tell by the chin.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

The two pairs in the back looking like they want to make out

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Cowcaster posted:

are you absolutely loving kidding me

is this guy going after BIG ENVIRONMENTALISM?

And just HAHALOLWUT that he included insurers in there. You know, the people who will pay out a billion and counting because of the climate change fuelled mega fires

"Yer righto wots his name again?" might be singing from the RWM songbook but he's especially loving dumb at it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There's a non-zero chance that there will be a full blown fascist overthrow of the government at some point in the future, and this is basically how JRRose will depict it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Gaybies Nomination: Worst Gaslighter Cartoon

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

ajkalan posted:

The two pairs in the back looking like they want to make out

Is 'Richmond Gun Rally' euphemism for interracial orgy?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Fister Roboto posted:

There's a non-zero chance that there will be a full blown fascist overthrow of the government at some point in the future, and this is basically how JRRose will depict it.

I mean the rally he's depicting in that looked almost exactly like said overthrow would look and he drew it as a bunch of aw shucks people rather than Nazis in balaclavas so yeah.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

This could be a Kelly cartoon if it was slightly less vile.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Here's a political cartoon from 1934 (from BSS comics thread)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

T. Bombastus posted:

It might not make any sense, but libertarian monarchists are a thing.

https://twitter.com/LibertyHangout/status/1216757629307015168?s=20

I think we had already established that what Libertarians want is the absence of protections for minorities and the environment. Any form of government is acceptable so long as it guarantees this absence of protection.

But Garrison was really big on "we don't live in a Democracy, we live in a Republic." Ironically, a monarchy can be democratic (with a Parliament in power and the monarch as a figurehead, UK-style) but a monarchy cannot be a republic.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 23, 2020

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

This is just Dry Bones with more effort put into the drawings.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

MikeyTsi posted:

Hell, watch loving WarGames, and note that was in loving 1983. Nuclear weapons have only gotten more powerful and more numerous since then.

Aaaaakshully the number of warheads stockpiled by both the US and Russia has decreased a lot since 83, from ~50k to ~10k total. The trick is that the ones left are a) bigger, louder, uncut and b) still more than enough to turn the entire planet into a desolate hellscape full of living dead because 5000 modern nuclear warheads is still somewhat of a lot of boom.
:goonsay:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The_Other posted:

Think we'll see any Terry Jones cartoons?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Garrison is one of the few chuds that admits Trump lost the popular vote...right up until impeachment, at which point suddenly we’re a democracy and the will of the people (that voted for Trump) matters.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

So people continued to mistake Graham Chapman for the Messiah even in heaven, to the point that they let him sit on the throne? I... think I kinda like this one.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A shame that this Terry is dead and the living Terry was diagnosed with terminal brain worms.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Jurgan posted:

So people continued to mistake Graham Chapman for the Messiah even in heaven, to the point that they let him sit on the throne? I... think I kinda like this one.

I *really* like that one, it actually put a smile on my face

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Pants Donkey posted:

A shame that this Terry is dead and the living Terry was diagnosed with terminal brain worms.
I saw someone on twitter say "now the only not-poo poo python left is Gilliam" and people were queuing around the fuckin block to disabuse them of that notion :v:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pilchenstein posted:

I saw someone on twitter say "now the only not-poo poo python left is Gilliam" and people were queuing around the fuckin block to disabuse them of that notion :v:

I mean, Michael Palin is right there.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

there wolf posted:

Because monarchists know that when Elizabeth dies that's going to be a strong point for Republicanism, and the last thing they want is a royal showing that, even without the state's support, these are rich people who could easily step back into private life and be just fine.

Don't they already have a republic in everything but name already? Major political decisions are made by the prime minister and parliament, and the royal family are just powerless figure heads kept around for ceremonies.

Am I misinformed on this?

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Don't they already have a republic in everything but name already? Major political decisions are made by the prime minister and parliament, and the royal family are just powerless figure heads kept around for ceremonies.

Am I misinformed on this?

So, you see the thing is in theory there's nothing stopping a future monarch from actually using all their powers. Refusing to cede lands and incomes, taking an active role in government. The Monarchists who are actually in it for the Monarchy and not just for the tradition of having a figurehead hope that one of them will do this. Of course, even if one of them did try (they won't) it wouldn't work because Parliament would just get rid of the Monarch's theoretical power and it's not like the army would actually listen to a suddenly authoritarian Monarch.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Kaza42 posted:

So, you see the thing is in theory there's nothing stopping a future monarch from actually using all their powers. Refusing to cede lands and incomes, taking an active role in government. The Monarchists who are actually in it for the Monarchy and not just for the tradition of having a figurehead hope that one of them will do this. Of course, even if one of them did try (they won't) it wouldn't work because Parliament would just get rid of the Monarch's theoretical power and it's not like the army would actually listen to a suddenly authoritarian Monarch.
only a fews years until there's a populace monarch who claims to be "one of the common folk" and vows to hunt down the "elites" "infecting" the monarchy who will rile up the british chuds

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Pilchenstein posted:

Wait...the Pythons are all poo poo now? I mean, I knew John Cleese took a hard right but...damnit.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

An insane mind posted:

Wait...the Pythons are all poo poo now? I mean, I knew John Cleese took a hard right but...damnit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/terry-gilliam-interview-harvey-weinstein-victims-metoo-race-a9269136.html

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I mean, Eric Idle is very clear he's just in it for the massive money, but that's nothing new.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Yeah the UK is trending towards authoritarianism and if one of the chuddier royals gets a chance its not completely out of the cards that they would try to assert their power in some way or fashion. Unlikely but not impossible

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

skeleton warrior posted:

I mean, Eric Idle is very clear he's just in it for the massive money, but that's nothing new.
In the run up to December's election, Eric Idle came out in opposition to Labour's plans to halt NHS privatisation.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian: Steve Bell's website:

Telegraph:

Senior Labour figures in 'red wall' seats back Starmer or Nandy; Exclusive: Hidden treasures inside Titanic to be recovered under plans opposed by the Government

Matt:

Bonus! https://twitter.com/MattCartoonist/status/1220304444551761920

Independent:

Trump's conduct is not ‘America first’, Democrats argue at impeachment trial

Times:

Reshape economy to fight climate crisis, says Prince Charles

Evening Standard:

Terry Jones obituary

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Royal advertising

Guardian Australian Sport:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

gently caress you and gently caress anyone who has ever liked your garbage.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/chilledasad100/status/1220278027596247040?s=19

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Even in right wing cartoons, pro-gun guys always look like dudes who should be slowly cruising playgrounds in their windowless vans.

Huh. Weird that I grew up seeing her on TV like every other week, and never even knew about that.

You can tell how much Branco hates a woman by how many wrinkles he gives her.

Feels like there's an Ivanka joke in here somewhere.

Confetti? Pepperoni? Blood? Why does an electric scooter have a combustion engine? Did Payne advise on this?

Iron Man helped Planters kill Mr. Peanut

What can I draw as a fetus today?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Apparently Michael Palin is one of the nicest people around, which is good to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Guardian: Steve Bell's website:

If his face is a butt is his butt also a butt? Or is it a face?

Maybe only Trump knows.