Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Here's Why Democrats Did Their Lame Pro Forma Impeachment of Trump

I thought they tried to subpoena witnesses, but republicans said "nu uh you can't do that" which they got away with because... reasons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SirSamVimes posted:

I thought they tried to subpoena witnesses, but republicans said "nu uh you can't do that" which they got away with because... reasons?

Because the courts are slow they will a case or to and added the count before the targets could finish appealing forever

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

And if they tried to use everything Trump did in the articles the process would never end, since he just keeps on finding new edges for his fuckery.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Here's Why Democrats Did Their Lame Pro Forma Impeachment of Trump

Ted Rall posted:

Impeachment requires bipartisan consensus built up over a painstaking process to be effective. Why did Democrats rush through a pro forma piece of crap at the beginning of an election year? 

Tags: Bipartisanship, ciount, Consensus, Donald Trump, impeachment, pro forma, smart, social media, subpoena, Tweet, Twitter, witnesses

What is "ciount" when it's at home?

Also, for bonus laffs, check out the donkey in the poster on the left.

Also also, I dunno (yes I do) why Rall's spewing right-wing talking points here. The formal pre-impeachment investigation and hearings were the longest of the three, a full two weeks longer than Clinton's, and it was non-bipartisan because the Republicans refuse to criticize Trump in any way.

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 22, 2020

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

thatbastardken posted:

ok but is this supposed to be bad somehow? they clearly have a house and land and a business? i'd rather be surrounded by bears than paparazzi.

Also she was already a moderately successful actor worth several million before they got married.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Ah yes, if only I could unring the bell and return to ignorance.

Does he think people CHOOSE existential dread?!

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

That Onion article where Trump outsmarts the legal system by committing crimes so high level that they take 2 years to prosecute each but he does 2 of them a week.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Cat Mattress posted:

Also I'm the royal crown on the Eagle representing the USA. I though it was a Republic, Garrison, what happened to that? You'd rather have a monarchy, now? Huh.

I thought it was an Imperial Eagle but I think that's wrong on two counts - too subtle for Garrison, and that's not how his brain works.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Pakled posted:

Sure just ignore the guys who were arrested for plotting violence before the rally, and also the fact that marching through the streets brandishing guns is an implicitly violent act meant to inspire terror

Also lol "diverse"

It was quite diverse! There was a good variety of guns there carried by their whitebread sponsors.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Okay. You got me Lubchansky. I laughed at this one.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
TIL Lubchansky thinks Vladimir Putin looks like Ron Paul. Seriously it's a Ted Rall-level bad caricature.

Not to mention I can't make heads or tails of the point the cartoon is supposed to be making.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
I hate to give Rall attention, but there are literally two counts. That's like the most basic fact about the topic. This guy stinks.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

TIL Lubchansky thinks Vladimir Putin looks like Ron Paul. Seriously it's a Ted Rall-level bad caricature.

Not to mention I can't make heads or tails of the point the cartoon is supposed to be making.
In case you missed the two labels for Putin or the ugly, obvious crosshatching: they’re not being super serious.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

That's the joke. It's more a parody of a political cartoon than an actual political cartoon. Unrecognizable caricature, extremely redundant labels, overused talking point badly related to the caption.

The only way to make it better would be if he imitated Ramirez's or Garrison's signature.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I dunno I think this Lubchansky's onto something.

I, for one, have never seen Ron Paul and Vladimir Putin in the same room.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

At least we know Jill Stein and Putin aren't the same person because we have seen them in the same room together.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

duz posted:

Also she was already a moderately successful actor worth several million before they got married.

Ill never understand the idiots who think Harry is somehow whipped. Oh so your hot model actress multi millionaire wife wants to move across the world so we don't have to see your lovely family? Sign me the gently caress up.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Think we'll see any Terry Jones cartoons?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I was quite surprised to learn that A) Charo is still alive, and B) she's not even 70 yet.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Ah, yes, Soviet Russia, famous for it’s hatred of guns.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

DADDY STRONG DADDY SO STRONG I LOVE DADDY

Ben Garrison posted:

The “Punchy” Bag

We watched the Senate proceedings and to our dismay Adam Schiff once again spent way too much time repeating his loathsome lies.

He’s despicable and so are his fellow coup-minded Democrats. They’re really shooting themselves in their collectivist foot on this. They never accepted the election of Donald Trump and they have contempt for millions of Americans voted for him. Schiff and Pelosi want to pick the president, whether we like it or not.

The Democrats have become arrogant control freaks and they’ve gotten away with corruption for too long. It has been revealed that Joe Biden not only helped his son Hunter, but he also made sure largesse came to his brother as well as other members of his family. All these corrupt roads lead back to Obama, who conducted one of the most scandalous presidencies in American history.

Oh sure, the mass media will gaslight us and say his administration was ‘scandal free.’ It was anything but. There was the ‘Fast and Furious’ guns to Mexican drug gangs scandal, the Solyndra scandal, the Benghazi cover up, the IRS scandal, Hillary’s email scandal, the Iran ransom scandal, the Uranium One scandal, as well as his spying on the Trump campaign, just to name a few.

Any one of these scandals should have drawn impeachment, but the Democrat mass media covered for him at every turn.

Schiff’s hypocrisy and bold-faced lies seem endless, but eventually he will face justice.

The Constitution is on Trump’s side.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

Why the hell do people care so much about Harry and his wife? I understand there’s a weird racism angle, but it feels like everyone is treating this as a big deal when it seems rather mundane. I didn’t think he was even in line for the crown, so the gently caress?

Is it as simple as “British media is an easily distracted tirefire”

I mean, he is in the line of succession, but every time his brother generates another offspring he goes one step further down. Here's the list as of today:

(1) Charles, Prince of Wales (b. 1948) B D W
--(2) Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (b. 1982) B D W
-------(3) Prince George of Cambridge (b. 2013) B D W
-------(4) Princess Charlotte of Cambridge (b. 2015) B D W
-------(5) Prince Louis of Cambridge (b. 2018) B D
--(6) Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex (b. 1984) B D W

Katt posted:

There's a website where you can simulate dropping a nuke. And I used it to drop the biggest nuke ever made on New York and I was kind of disappointed with the results. It only killed like 5 million people and most of the city turned out alright.

Made nukes seem kind of impotent and I think we scaremongered too hard during the cold war.

Like New York and Washington are probably hosed in WW3 but the mid sized cities are probably just going to see some fireworks in the distance and then continue as normal. Just not have people travel too close to the radioactive ruins for a few years.

The problem isn't just one nuke, you bozo. It's that there's enough of a global stockpile that you could blanket every major city on earth 20 times over. And we're just talking the effects of the original explosion, not accounting for what will happen with an earth blanketed in radiation.

Katt posted:

Currently the US has about 400 missile silos and even if they had 15 missiles per silo I doubt they would be getting off too many volleys before the enemy missiles start landing. I can only assume that Russia has a lot fewer silos with even shittier missiles.

I think they would send as many as they possibly could against actual nuclear missiles silo. As well as defense planning related facilities like NORAD. Obviously New York and Washington DC. But after that and the US counter missiles that would undoubtedly hit the Russian missile silos and government facilities. I think the nuking would be over. They wouldn't gradually sweep the entire US with missiles because they would need to get as many hits as they could possibly get on key targets.

Silos aren't primary targets because they're largely the "hardest" targets in the world. Primary targets are military bases and population centers.

Silos have x number of missiles, each of which has x numbers of warheads (look up MIRV)

Your arguments are dumb and bad and show a complete lack of understanding of exactly how hosed we as a species we'd be if someone decided to fire off a nuke at someone.

Hell, watch loving WarGames, and note that was in loving 1983. Nuclear weapons have only gotten more powerful and more numerous since then.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Telnaes sketches from the impeachment hearings. Yes, it's basically a long string of "gently caress You, Mitch" cartoons.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
No you didn't, you racist piece of poo poo

Garrison posted:

" The Constitution is on Trump’s side."
in what possible sense
Even in his rambling rant he didn't mention anything about the constitution, which outlines Impeachment pretty clearly.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, and enjoy Jon McNaughton's latest artistic masterpiece, where he takes a break from sucking off Trump to suck off Sean Hannity instead.

And yes, it DOES look like Hannity is running away after having set fire to the Capitol.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

DalaranJ posted:

Ah, yes, Soviet Russia, famous for it’s hatred of guns.

Gun control in Soviet Union varied over time, hunting was always a thing but this was mostly through a hunting club and you could only own a shotgun which most of the time period was required to be registered. Which sounds like a good policy.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The joke is that Hillary said that Democrats who attack other Democrats are Russian puppets (referencing Tulsi Gabbard).

Then she turned around and attacked another Democratic candidate.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Leak, Son of Leak:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Huh, why did his unaligned lower jaw switch directions...

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Samurai Sanders posted:

Huh, why did his unaligned lower jaw switch directions...

Because he's looking the other way?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's climate pledge at Davos – On an opening day in Switzerland dominated by the climate emergency, Trump claimed his backing for an initiative to plant 1tn trees showed his concern for the environment"

Telegraph:

Greta Thunberg tells leaders at Davos to heed global heating science

Matt:

Jeff Bezos hack: Amazon boss's phone 'hacked by Saudi crown prince'

Independent:

Times:

Queen’s aide warns Harry and Meghan against Sussex Royal title

Evening Standard:

Trump impeachment trial: Democrats' bids for new evidence dashed in marathon first day

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Royals milking it

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

An insane mind posted:

Because he's looking the other way?
I don't know which way he's looking in in the second panel.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

MikeyTsi posted:

Hell, watch loving WarGames, and note that was in loving 1983. Nuclear weapons have only gotten more powerful and more numerous since then.

This part's not quite true, there were 70,000 nuclear bombs in 1983 and only 15,000 today. But the global economy is so interconnected and dependent on trade that a nuclear war would kill billions by starvation, so your overall point is completely right.

Jagged Jim posted:

https://twitter.com/letsgomathias/status/1217243463932153857?s=20

The Vikings Packers Chiefs are totally gonna murderlate the San Fransisco CommuPelosis!

This is especially dumb because the Packers are the only publicly owned, non-profit team in the NFL.

Gaybies nomination: Most easily reinterpreted.

For what it's worth, the Gaybies were called Pantsies when I ran them several years ago, but I don't really like that nickname. I'd support calling them the Tinsleys.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't know which way he's looking in in the second panel.

For some reason the lines on his neck in both panels, coupled with the fluid chin, lead me to left (1st panel) and right (2nd one) I don't know why...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

under him Canada has been brutalizing and imprisoning native people at an even for canada impressive rate and the dude literally doesn't know how often he did blackface

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

are you absolutely loving kidding me

is this guy going after BIG ENVIRONMENTALISM?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Trapezium Dave posted:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Gaybies nominations: worst gaslighter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Also, you know, blackface