Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib
:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

I think I still have a magazine article about it from like 1992 that I cut out and put on my bedroom wall. I miss you boot sector viruses, you were crapper than the 30 byte Bulgarian file infectors but easier to reverse engineer.

And now I've just remembered Sarah Gordon.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
RIP AntiCMOS.B

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Cocoa Crispies posted:

gently caress off prescriptivist

nothing is more prescriptive than

checks notes

using language in imitation of how someone else did it, with a word order contrary to what textbooks teach

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the best part about the netscaler poo poo is that no one from citrix bothered to reach out to any of their customers

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

graph posted:

the best part about the netscaler poo poo is that no one from citrix bothered to reach out to any of their customers

on top of that they've released patches for an end of development version and the previous LTS version but not the latest or current LTS versions

citrix: because gently caress you for following recommendations

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

graph posted:

Citrix is a garbage company.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Lain Iwakura posted:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

why insult garbage like that?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I used netscalers before the Citrix acquisition and they were awful then too. many pained exchanges with their support and engineering to discover that the documentation was omitting yet another way in which they violated the HTTP spec

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The Fool posted:

why insult garbage like that?

the insult in that sentence is "company"

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

I used netscalers before the Citrix acquisition and they were awful then too. many pained exchanges with their support and engineering to discover that the documentation was omitting yet another way in which they violated the HTTP spec

What's a few MUST and MUST NOTS between friends.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Lain Iwakura posted:

ayyyup. it’s completely possible to do great things with the products, and there’s 7 people in the world who know how.

in password manager news:
https://twitter.com/campuscodi/status/1219165270746550272?s=21

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 21, 2020

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
stop loving using lastpass jesus christ how many times do they have to gently caress up before people get a clue

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

I'm looking forward to ripping ours out and replacing them with literally anything else

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Cocoa Crispies posted:

tbf, there's not like a guide book to hacking that covers important doing crimes stuff like "not getting caught"

Pff, look at this neophyte who didn't read the various newsgroup hacker/phreaker guides from the 80's and 90's.

They do cover a lot of the ways you can get caught and some of the mitigations, i.e. owning a low-security server out on the internet to hide your IP address still apply.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

stop loving using lastpass jesus christ how many times do they have to gently caress up before people get a clue
hey now they haven't been compromised and ignored the attackers had vault access to everyone's credentials this time

those last times don't count

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Bing_Chris/status/1219731052505202690?s=19

Lol just lmao

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Jeff bezowned

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
House of Saud burning zero days to get high grade dick pics

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Twerk from Home posted:

House of Saud burning zero days to get high grade dick pics

who among us

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
big skimmer energy

https://twitter.com/tinkersec/status/1219824345645748229

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

dammit now I have to try to pick the entire atm up too? :argh:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

TILT

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

you never go atm

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I used an atm a couple times in Italy when visiting and got a call from my banks fraud department for a grand of atm withdrawals a month after I got home

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
i tried to use the hotel ATM at DEF CON Beijing and my bank refused it immediately

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cocoa Crispies posted:

i tried to use the hotel ATM at DEF CON Beijing and my bank refused it immediately

You should have been ejected from the conference immediately

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

You should have been ejected banned from the conference immediately

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Captain Foo posted:

You should have been ejected from the conference immediately

:goose:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ymgve posted:

worse: a snapchat dump which contains every image ever sent on the service

:yikes:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
need ATM? Just slide in your corporate card and get a cash advance, if someone steals it, not my money

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
Uk gov kinda secfuck: When setting up for 2FA for filing tax returns to HMRC, the instructions tell you to open an app store and search for "authenticator app". No specific one, just any authenticator app; their dev docs specify that its an oauth 2 token that's required.
What would happen if you got to the top of the store with "authenticator app"...

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!

Yo Dawg we heard you like ATMs...

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Many banks refuse the use of your card at international ATMs or payment terminals unless you let them know in advance you'll be traveling and you need to have this enabled. And even then they only enable it for a limited period. It's a security measure exactly to prevent skimmers to try and use a copy of your card in Faraway. Maybe your bank does this and you weren't aware?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

fins posted:

Uk gov kinda secfuck: When setting up for 2FA for filing tax returns to HMRC, the instructions tell you to open an app store and search for "authenticator app". No specific one, just any authenticator app; their dev docs specify that its an oauth 2 token that's required.
What would happen if you got to the top of the store with "authenticator app"...

not kidding when I phoned hmrc once the had me set up voice authentication by saying "my voice it my password, verify me"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

not kidding when I phoned hmrc once the had me set up voice authentication by saying "my voice it my password, verify me"

hmrc is cool again

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1219807878921576449?s=19

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
oops

https://twitter.com/weldpond/status/1220005549091311616

quote:

Over the New Year, Microsoft exposed nearly 250 million Customer Service and Support (CSS) records on the web. The records contained logs of conversations between Microsoft support agents and customers from all over the world, spanning a 14-year period from 2005 to December 2019. All of the data was left accessible to anyone with a web browser, with no password or other authentication needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

santander tried that with me, but they never trained their voice recognition on northern irish accents

luckily i rarely have to phone them, but when i do it's five minutes of disappointing a computer first