Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
There is a choice, but way later in the game, in Route C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I am legit excited/happy that Saboteur! Has been released today on the ps4. :xd:

I'm talking about the Amstrad/c64 game, not the one released on ps3/Xbox 360!

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
i have read that a giant tube is sticking out of it?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Is there a reason why it took so long to come out?

Annapurna came in to produce the TV edition and help them finish the rest which involved a lot of extra development to make it work for consoles, translating into a billion other languages without losing the dialogue’s esoteric flavour, and what was apparently (I’m in Cardboard Computer’s patreon discord) an extremely lengthy and in-depth testing/debugging process. I reckon it would have been out quite a bit sooner if they hadn’t waited to put act V out with the console releases.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The Last Too Fast 2 Furious will be a horse racing game with zombies

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Imhotep posted:

Is Kentucky Route Zero even remotely as dense as Disco Elysium? I don’t know anything about it really, but people compare them a lot, but if it’s anything like Disco Elysium then it’s long dev time is understandable.

They aren’t anything alike. The player in KRZ is... directing a theme would be a way to put it. You aren’t getting an explicit story with well defined characters and big dialogue trees but something extremely heavy in theme and metaphor, whether visually, musically, or otherwise. KRZ is a fairly limited gameplay experience but It’s also just downright gorgeous with a thoughtful soundtrack if you don’t care about that art stuff.

Beyond that it has taken a while because the devs are weird arty types who are making what they want how they want but not in an insufferable way.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Just got the platinum for Control and I'm honestly surprised by how much fun I ended up having with it. When I first started I really wasn't feeling it at all, so I set it down for like a month. Went back to it and just ran through the story in the most half-assed way. Eventually decided to give it another shot and actually do all the side missions and stuff, and then it clicked for me and I ended up having the most fun that I've had in any game in a long time.

It's also funny how much of a non-threat enemies become once you level up all abilities and start getting absolute mods. Went from routinely getting my rear end kicked to just effortlessly ground slamming everyone into oblivion.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Vastarien posted:

Just got the platinum for Control and I'm honestly surprised by how much fun I ended up having with it. When I first started I really wasn't feeling it at all, so I set it down for like a month. Went back to it and just ran through the story in the most half-assed way. Eventually decided to give it another shot and actually do all the side missions and stuff, and then it clicked for me and I ended up having the most fun that I've had in any game in a long time.

It's also funny how much of a non-threat enemies become once you level up all abilities and start getting absolute mods. Went from routinely getting my rear end kicked to just effortlessly ground slamming everyone into oblivion.

I wasn't hyped at all and I got it because it was cheap already (physical goes for 35ish €) and because it's a Remedy game and I've enjoyed all I've played from them like Max Payne 1/2 and Alan Wake. As soon as I started to watch the first Dr Darling videos and all the documents laying around giving me X Files vibes I got hooked.

Dr Darling is my favourite character besides Jesse. I went to Remedy' s youtube channel and loved the interviews with the actors. I hope NoClip makes a documentary about this game. I played it on January 2020 but its retroactively my GOTY 2019.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Code Vein is absolute trash and I also can't stop playing it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Guillermus posted:

I wasn't hyped at all and I got it because it was cheap already (physical goes for 35ish €) and because it's a Remedy game and I've enjoyed all I've played from them like Max Payne 1/2 and Alan Wake. As soon as I started to watch the first Dr Darling videos and all the documents laying around giving me X Files vibes I got hooked.

Dr Darling is my favourite character besides Jesse. I went to Remedy' s youtube channel and loved the interviews with the actors. I hope NoClip makes a documentary about this game. I played it on January 2020 but its retroactively my GOTY 2019.

I hope to god Mr Scratch finds a way to show up for the AWE

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

EMBRACE THE ANIME WITHIN YOU

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Guillermus posted:

Dr Darling is my favourite character besides Jesse.

Same.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Why can't I focus in a single game. I'm trying to focus on Metro Exodus and started Rage 2 just to see what is it about. The player character is an insufferable trash talker but for some reason it fits so well in that world and when I thought right at the start "the shooting is decent but I'll go back to Metro" on the very first mission I get the shotgun that has good range and when you ADS, it melts the pellets into a solid slug that has great accuracy, range and sends flying humanoid sized enemies and knocks down armored ones and I was :stare: then I used overdrive in it and it started to shoot explosive pellets and... :allears:

3 hours later and I'm dashing around and punching heads off, double jumping at stupid heights and then dunking on goons. I know that outside the shooting the open world isn't great but I'm having a laugh with the whole "Goon Squad" faction because NPCs talking about them is pretty much SA on its golden days.

Hell yeah, the guy owns and imo Control should be a TV mini series with the exact same actors. Also Trench's voice actor is the same as the old Max Payne and loving nails it.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jan 24, 2020

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Guillermus posted:

Why can't I focus in a single game. I'm trying to focus on Metro Exodus and started Rage 2 just to see what is it about. The player character is an insufferable trash talker but for some reason it fits so well in that world and when I thought right at the start "the shooting is decent but I'll go back to Metro" on the very first mission I get the shotgun that has good range and when you ADS, it melts the pellets into a solid slug that has great accuracy, range and sends flying humanoid sized enemies and knocks down armored ones and I was :stare: then I used overdrive in it and it started to shoot explosive pellets and... :allears:

3 hours later and I'm dashing around and punching heads off, double jumping at stupid heights and then dunking on goons. I know that outside the shooting the open world isn't great but I'm having a laugh with the whole "Goon Squad" faction because NPCs talking about them is pretty much SA on its golden days.

Rage 2 is great. I just wish there was significantly less traversal and significantly more shooting things in the face.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Guillermus posted:

Hell yeah, the guy owns and imo Control should be a TV mini series with the exact same actors.

remedy tried that once

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Well there are some rumors that Control might be getting a movie adaptat--

No... not like that...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGc-iPc-9dE&t=7s

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Game makers should never ever be allowed make linear media and vice versa

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yakuza 7 is so loving good. I am having real trouble even.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

20 hours in you still wil be finding new skill trees
30 hours in you will find yet more skill trees
40 hours in ...

I am not a fan of this type of games but this one made me very happy camper

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

exquisite tea posted:

Well there are some rumors that Control might be getting a movie adaptat--

No... not like that...

This sounds awesome though, Rogue One was awesome. Unless you were hoping for David Lynch to be attached?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The writing in Rogue One is trash dogshit

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

The writing in Rogue One is trash dogshit

Cinematography was dope tho. Good thing that dude's working on DUNE instead :bisonyes:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Imhotep posted:

Nice! The game also made me think of you, especially because of how great the story is and how emotional it made me, especially toward the end of the game, but also consistently throughout, this smiley is the only way I can accurately describe it :unsmith: maybe a bit happier though.

I gave it a try really just for you and the others itt who really love it. I have a compulsion to push through if I see people passionate about something that I don’t initially enjoy but see the quality in. I know there’s always a chance to click with something and maybe end up with a completely new to you experience. Maybe that’s dumb and I should move on more but meh engaging with art and media is more enjoyable than p much anything.

Imhotep posted:

Yeah, that bit is pretty terrifying, I think that Outer Wilds might be the most deceptively horrifying game ever made, because at the start of the game it looks like a quirky indie game, with like banjo and harmonica versions of explosions in the sky playing, then as soon as you get in your ship you could very quickly end up somewhere that’s uniquely terrifying, like existential crisis inducing poo poo. But it’s pretty immersive, because (spoilers for the things in Dark Bramble) whenever I have to float past them, I want to take my hands off the controller, and it allows you to set it up and drift by them without touching the analog stick.. Man what a game tho, I’m glad you’re playing it! I promise the other planets aren’t nearly as scary, aside from one or two other things that some people considered scary, but Dark Bramble is by far is the most scary.

Man, dead serious when I say that I’ve felt that level of terror maybe two or three times in a game. If that. There’s something going on with the sense of scale in Outer Wilds that I’m fascinated by. I mean, let’s be realistic, the game doesn’t look great. It doesn’t look “real” by choice and sometimes looks a little janky even though I do find it beautiful overall. But somehow my brain is 100% convinced that I am a real physical thing piloting another physical thing in a very real, very physical space. I’m trying to think of other games that nail that raw feeling of size and space and I’m coming up with nothing that does it quite like this. When I’m rocketing myself into a planet and things go weird and I have to recover and then navigate some mysterious world there’s no part of me that becomes aware that this is a videogame and everything I see and interact with is a carefully designed illusion. The more I play the more I’m genuinely enjoying meandering around sometimes not forcing myself to panic and complete everything asap. Sounds very Kilometers Davis to bring up but it’s very much like RDR2 where I got so connected to the movement and interactions and physics and how they tie to the environment that my nerd brain shut the hell up and got Immersed. I’m not sure that makes sense but I can’t be alone noticing all this in general.

Read After Burning posted:

I've had this game in my cart for a while, but the mentions I've heard of performance issues have me hesitating to get it at full price. Did you notice any during your time with it, and if so, how irritating were they?

I’ll be honest, it’s not great. I’m typically not too picky about framerate compared to most but the game definitely chugs every now and then when there’s a lot going on. By the end it was my one real complaint about it. That said, it’s honestly not a big issue. You might whiff a few things when it gets choppy but it’s literally going to be like 30 seconds of wasting time max. In general it’s just a slight annoyance that many people may not even notice.

Escobarbarian posted:

hehehe :allears:

fair warning to everyone I’m gonna be so annoying when Kentucky Route Zero comes out on the 28th

ruuuuuude

I’ve been recommended that a lot. I don’t know anything about it past the basic details. I’ve never been very into adventure games but maybe it’s worth a try?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

holy poo poo KD, you be kilopostin'

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’ve been recommended that a lot. I don’t know anything about it past the basic details. I’ve never been very into adventure games but maybe it’s worth a try?

Definitely. There’s not really any puzzles or anything but the story and character work is incredible.

I don’t really get people who are super into Rogue One. I don’t even dislike it or anything, it’s just so.....blah.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

holy poo poo KD, you be kilopostin'

manic gamer hours have kicked in

Escobarbarian posted:

Definitely. There’s not really any puzzles or anything but the story and character work is incredible.

Nice! I’ll get it sometime then, maybe at release. How long is it start to finish, if that’s known yet? Even if I can’t get into the gameplay I bet the gf will like it and I can watch :D

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Escobarbarian posted:

I don’t really get people who are super into Rogue One. I don’t even dislike it or anything, it’s just so.....blah.

It's a fun Star Wars film that doesn't want to jerk off about light vs dark, or rub the audience's face in constant references to the "main" movie series, and just does its own thing. It's basically the movie equivalent of Halo Reach.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

manic gamer hours have kicked in

Nice! I’ll get it sometime then, maybe at release. How long is it start to finish, if that’s known yet? Even if I can’t get into the gameplay I bet the gf will like it and I can watch :D

I would guess it’ll be around 10-12 hours based on the length of everything so far? Maybe? There’s one act you essentially have to play through twice.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m in Chapter 4 of FFXV and the game seems very interested in expanding the world for all of CH3 and than dramatically reducing the scale and forcing me to find my own car. Should I just power through Story missions to get back my whip and enjoy the open world?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yakuza 7 is so loving good. I am having real trouble even.

i saw the summons video on youtube. some of them are look rad as hell.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

EB Games and Best Buy are totally out of stock in store and online of the Back Button Attachment and Amazon.ca has it but for sixty goddang dollars for some reason. Guess I won't be getting it for a while!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m in Chapter 4 of FFXV and the game seems very interested in expanding the world for all of CH3 and than dramatically reducing the scale and forcing me to find my own car. Should I just power through Story missions to get back my whip and enjoy the open world?

I just did that a week ago, just do the chocobo farm sidequest and get access to chocobo then speed run the story until you get your ride back. It can take about a hour before you sort of get to go back to open world. It isn't that long

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Lobok posted:

EB Games and Best Buy are totally out of stock in store and online of the Back Button Attachment and Amazon.ca has it but for sixty goddang dollars for some reason. Guess I won't be getting it for a while!

Try Walmart, it's where I got mine.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

univbee posted:

Try Walmart, it's where I got mine.

Don't have a location near me unfortunately and I'm not schlepping out to a Wal-Mart unless I know for sure. It doesn't even exist on walmart.ca.

But what does exist are these kickin' rad controller skins!

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Lobok posted:

Best Buy Canada simply never got it. I’ve checked, it’s also flagged as not for sale until the 30th and the computer system literally won’t let you sell something before that date, so don’t bother checking them until then.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Vikar Jerome posted:

i saw the summons video on youtube. some of them are look rad as hell.
they have a whole bunch of conditions like only during the day, only during the night and so on. And they cost quite a bit of money, so it's hard to use them regularly.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
This new photo mode they added in the KH3 DLC is too much fun.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AllisonByProxy posted:

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
huh, got a new trial offer for psnow pop up on my dashboard which stats horizon zero dawn is only on psnow until 7th of april... so i guess that pc rumour is true?

couldnt find any info about how long the trial is for tho, pondering downloading some quickfire psnow games, maybe doom just have the trophy list on my account in case digi-archaeologists find it 1000 years from now. hmm decisions.

Samurai Sanders posted:

they have a whole bunch of conditions like only during the day, only during the night and so on. And they cost quite a bit of money, so it's hard to use them regularly.

oh this is cool, yeah i was worried about spamming them, glad thats covered. some of them, well one in particular seems like instant death lol

AllisonByProxy posted:

hooolyshit