Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Guy A. Person posted:

It's not at all don't be purposely dumb as poo poo

It absolutely is. Sorry about you are unable to realize what agency is for normal people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Quick reminder that we're all shitposting about children's movies here so haha, chill

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Who What Now posted:

Anakin only loses two fights, one after escaping capture and already fighting in a huge battle, and the other against the most powerful Jedi of all.

Anakin has higher midichlorians than yoda, who has more than obi wan.
Obi wan is nothing special, midichlorially speaking.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

All the black tar in the world won't save you from the low ground

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

zoux posted:

I doubt he had the final cut, we know he didn't for ANH

He did tho. Who else do you think did? Fox? He specifically demanded in the contract that the studio was not allowed to gently caress up his film like studios had done with his two previous ones, and he bankrolled the other films by himself (mostly; ESB ran over budget and he had to go to Fox for more).

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

zoux posted:

This is a well trafficked thread so I'll say that someone needs to make a thread about star wars comics. I'd do it but I've only read some, they're all available on Marvel Unlimited now so they're super easy to access and many of my very good friends in this subforum, I think, would enjoy to read them. This has nothing to do wiht the discussion at hand

The 70s ones and/or the later ones are on Marvel Unlimited?

I've been meaning to make a thread on the 70s ones but they're all in my parents attic and I cant make a new thread on the app.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

I was talking about the prequels, not the sequels.

im talking about all of them :getin:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

euphronius posted:

What did I say

euphronius posted:

Exactly

The Jedi were dumb as gently caress

You implied it was good to include midichlorians to make the Jedi retroactively suck rear end.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Why do people hate midichlorians so much anyway? It seems that's a fine explanation for why some people are force sensitive and others are not.

It's like the whole Clone Wars criticism all over again. "Midichlorians!? How dare George Lucas decide the force works some other way than this way I made up in my head!"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who What Now posted:

You implied it was good to include midichlorians to make the Jedi retroactively suck rear end.

Their reliance on it shows that they were misguided yes and that was part of the reason for their downfall by ep 3

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mitochondrial beings are we

sand maggot
Jan 3, 2020

zoux posted:

What is the most iconic single scene in the Prequel Trilogy

I got mixed views on the PT overall, but I really did enjoy the part with Palpatine talking about his master to Anakin in front of that creepy lightshow. I also enjoyed the moment with Anakin and Padme thinking about each other while looking over Coruscant in ROTS with the music.

I haven’t seen them in years, though.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wild Horses posted:

Anakin has higher midichlorians than yoda, who has more than obi wan.
Obi wan is nothing special, midichlorially speaking.

They never say that Yoda is higher than Obi-Wan, only that Anakin is higher than Yoda.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Who What Now posted:

So basically, you think that the movies are bad because you expected the story about how they all ate poo poo and died to glorify rather than criticize them.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

PittTheElder posted:

Why do people hate midichlorians so much anyway? It seems that's a fine explanation for why some people are force sensitive and others are not.

It's like the whole Clone Wars criticism all over again. "Midichlorians!? How dare George Lucas decide the force works some other way than this way I made up in my head!"

It was their childhood dream to be a Jedi, which the monster George Lucas destroyed by whispering "son you don't have the midi-chlorians for it".

They were so angry they failed to hear him say that every living thing actually has midi-chlorians.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ItBreathes posted:

The 70s ones and/or the later ones are on Marvel Unlimited?

I've been meaning to make a thread on the 70s ones but they're all in my parents attic and I cant make a new thread on the app.

Like all the comics ever are on there now I think

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Who What Now posted:

They never say that Yoda is higher than Obi-Wan, only that Anakin is higher than Yoda.

The way he talks about it makes it clear what the scouter says about his own power level.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

I was talking about the prequels, not the sequels.
they're the same poo poo in a different decade lmao. Disney's failure is a cover version of Lucas'

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PittTheElder posted:

More like, completely contrary to the way its portrayed in the OT.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean simply in the Pt their focus on anakins power levels or mitochondria count was a woeful mistake

Some on the council realizes it was a bad idea but committees are pretty dumb so they did the dumb thing

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i have more midiclorians than all of you. prepare to die

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zoux posted:

Exactly .

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the only way midichlorians would have been good were if, for the rest of the series, everyone wore scouters that could tell them everyone else's midichlorian levels

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

zoux posted:

The ability to do sweet backflips and levitate rocks is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

That is to say, we know from the earlier films that "that's not how the Force works," but that is how the characters, who are wrong and stupid, believe it works.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

cams posted:

the only way midichlorians would have been good were if, for the rest of the series, everyone wore scouters that could tell them everyone else's midichlorian levels

Vegeta should have been in Ep 3 except they call him Darth Vegeta and he has the line "his midichlorian count is over five thousand!" and he crushes the scouter in his hand

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PittTheElder posted:

It goes against Yoda's really good speech about the force in ESB. We are no longer luminous being bound by the force. Now some people just happen to have mega-powerful gut flora.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

See y;all need to get on the same page with all this, is this something us mad fans are making up in our head or more proof of the sublime genius of George "What Tatooine really needed was more CGI Dewbacks" Lucas

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If a Star Wars fan doesn’t like something in Star Wars that is good evidence that the thing is good

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

zoux posted:

There is nothing in the original trilogy which contradicts the existence of midichlorians

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxCR2bFWHxM

Look at this and tell me the midichlorian bullshit is better than this. Also, there is more pathos and emotion out of this puppet, more wonder and magic in dragging a plane out of a swamp, than in any scene in the PT. It's not even close.

2house2fly posted:

There is nothing in the original trilogy which contradicts the existence of midichlorians

Rocks have the force so rocks have midichlorians then

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bongo Bill posted:

The ability to do sweet backflips and levitate rocks is the power of the Force.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Who What Now posted:

It goes against Yoda's really good speech about the force in ESB. We are no longer luminous being bound by the force. Now some people just happen to have mega-powerful gut flora.

Yes, because Yoda has developed a more complete view of the force since that time 25 years before when his Jedi Order hosed up a lot and almost completely died.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxCR2bFWHxM

Look at this and tell me the midichlorian bullshit is better than this. Also, there is more pathos and emotion out of this puppet, more wonder and magic in dragging a plane out of a swamp, than in any scene in the PT. It's not even close.

Right yoda was wrong before

It’s a character arc

Which are good to have !!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bongo Bill posted:

So basically, you think that the movies are bad because you expected the story about how they all ate poo poo and died to glorify rather than criticize them.

The PT are mostly fine, but Midichlorians, every love scene with Anakin and Padme, and the two-hour fight on Lava planet are all inexcusable and yet people keep trying to excuse them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

And by yoda I mean all Jedi I guess

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Right yoda was wrong before

It’s a character arc

Which are good to have !!

Homie you know as well as I do that George hadn't the foggiest inkling of a prequel trilogy plot in 1981.

George Lucas decided to make it so Han shot second and then two years later he made the PT, this is the filmmaker we are dealing with

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Zoran posted:

Yes, because Yoda has developed a more complete view of the force since that time 25 years before when his Jedi Order hosed up a lot and almost completely died.

do you ever think maybe yoda was just being sour grapes about it, like gently caress you sheev i dont care that you won this is all stupid anyway

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

zoux posted:

Midichlorians are organisms, so maybe they wouldn't be able to live in a rock

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How many midichlorians does Sheev have, what's the minimum you need to blast lightning from wherever

How many people in the galaxy accidentally lightning themselves to death in puberty and everyone just shrugs and blames it on midihormones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

zoux posted:

Homie you know as well as I do that George hadn't the foggiest inkling of a prequel trilogy plot in 1981.

George Lucas decided to make it so Han shot second and then two years later he made the PT, this is the filmmaker we are dealing with

Right

The PT were made in the late 90s early 2000s

Exactly