Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

euphronius posted:

That’s exactly who they are !!!!

No. They're canonically humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Release order is the best way to view these. The story isn't told entirely in chronological order. That's what a prequel is.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

Release order is the best way to view these. The story isn't told entirely in chronological order. That's what a prequel is.

I like the machette order because you just skip Ep1

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I like the order where I don't watch them at all and instead watch the good movies, that are enjoyable to me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who What Now posted:

No. They're canonically humans.

They are aliens . Anakin in particular is also a monster

If you don’t know he becomes Darth Vader!!!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I think a good order is 1-4-2-5-3-6, but I like stories that jump around chronologically

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

euphronius posted:

If you don’t know he becomes Darth Vader!!!

W-what? That doesn't sound right.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

zoux posted:

I like the order where I don't watch them at all and instead watch the good movies, that are enjoyable to me

I had a friend who hadn't seen ANY star wars and wanted to watch them all, I managed to convince her to skip Ep1 and do the machette order and she had a good time.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

In particular, Anakin was born a slave and is being raised as a celibate monk, and has a lot of trauma and repression as a result; and Padme is a workaholic career politician whose romantic experience up to that point is that she thought a boy was cute at junior legislator camp when she was twelve. You expect them to be suave?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did you ever see Despicable Me? The character in that movie who is a villain like Anakin , has horrible relationships with people because he is a hosed up oerson

I think I saw the movie awhile ago I think that is what happens

It is also the same in the recent Joker movie : joker does not get along with people and is fixated on his mother

He’s basically Anakin

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

euphronius posted:

They are aliens .

But still human, who are capable of acting like humans, because they do so in non-romance scenes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wonder who the other candidate for queen was on Naboo

quote:

It is also the same in the recent Joker movie : joker does not get along with people and is fixated on his mother

The Joker lives in a society, unlike Anakin

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who What Now posted:

But still human, who are capable of acting like humans, because they do so in non-romance scenes.

They are people, like droids. Ok I agree they are people

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I wonder who the other candidate for queen was on Naboo

Probably someone very much like Padme and her successor, a well-spoken little girl in a fancy dress.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bongo Bill posted:

Probably someone very much like Padme and her successor, a well-spoken little girl in a fancy dress.

I like to think it was someone more like Queen Elizabeth

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

in-universe justifications have 0 bearing on anything if you're judging these things as actual movies, not STAR WARS CANON

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
But here we are again, Prequel cultists saying that the acting and directing in those scenes was bad on purpose because they think George Lucas is a genius who can do no wrong.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It wasn’t bad tho

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Personally I think Sheev might be controlling some of the magic bugs that live inside you to have these bad opinions.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Saint Drogo posted:

in-universe justifications have 0 bearing on anything if you're judging these things as actual movies, not STAR WARS CANON

Given who the characters are, would it make sense for them to act other than they do?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Who What Now posted:

But here we are again, Prequel cultists saying that the acting and directing in those scenes was bad on purpose because they think George Lucas is a genius who can do no wrong.

Bad how?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I hate sand.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

euphronius posted:

It wasn’t bad tho

Whatever you say, euphronius, or should I say Darth Peepeepoopoo!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Whatever you say, euphronius, or should I say Darth Peepeepoopoo!

Thank you

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Hayden does not play a convincing awkward teenager.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Burning_Monk posted:

I hate sand.

I always liked the one idea that Tattooine was the perfect hiding place for Luke because Vader loving hates that shithole and refuses to go there, and nobody else gives a poo poo.

Tough poo poo for Leia though

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
get this

you can like movies that are objectively bad

it’s ok

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Doublestep posted:

get this

you can like movies that are objectively bad

it’s ok

There are several bad movies that I like, in addition to the good movies that this thread is about.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You know what prequel we can all agree sucks total rear end just because we refuse to talk about it?

Solo

cams
Mar 28, 2003

was darth sidious' power level higher than super saiyan goku's when he fought freiza?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cams posted:

was darth sidious' power level higher than super saiyan goku's when he fought freiza?

Yes, but only until the inevitable five episode training montage

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

You know what prequel we can all agree sucks total rear end just because we refuse to talk about it?

Solo

Also I don’t think ROS was very good as a movie although I enjoyed it

cams
Mar 28, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Yes, but only until the inevitable five episode training montage
what about when he was screaming "UNLIMITED POWER"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

cams posted:

Even if it were, Goku could just go and train to raise his powerlevel. Midichlorians are static.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I always liked the one idea that Tattooine was the perfect hiding place for Luke because Vader loving hates that shithole and refuses to go there, and nobody else gives a poo poo.

Tough poo poo for Leia though

Remember how Leia remembered her mother only briefly, and that she was sad? George Lucas didn't.

cams posted:

what about when he was screaming "UNLIMITED POWER"

Like it says on the tin innit

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
sheev cannot go super saiyan because he’s bald, much like nappa

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

There are several bad movies that I like, in addition to the good movies that this thread is about.

“The Prequels are good!” Bongo Bill yells into the wind. No one hears him. No one cares. The objective poor quality of the PT remains true.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
what if goku had a lightsaber

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

RBA Starblade posted:

Solo

Solo's okay. Some of the effects are super neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

zoux posted:

Remember how Leia remembered her mother only briefly, and that she was sad? George Lucas didn't.

It's a clever reference to Dune, Leia's an Abomination

quote:

Even if it were, Goku could just go and train to raise his powerlevel. Midichlorians are static.

Exactly, Goku would just hit infinity+1 power