Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Faustian Bargain posted:

I was being absurd because who the gently caress cares about the hot pockets twitter account, however I think that Brands™ and people who run social media accounts should probably do some research into the things they are helping promote.

Giving stonetoss any exposure is bad. See a few of these "this looks innocent out of greater context" cartoons and you are normalized to them and might even like them, then you can be exposed over time to the more overt poo poo he does and not realize it.

Serious question does Stonetoss get a lot of traction from non-terminally online people? I know he's doing all this subliminal dogwhistle crap but does he reach people that aren't already agreeing with him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Yes because his art is cute and all the edits that float around aren't known as being edits, which is why I never share or condone a Stonetoss edit, even if its funny

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

An insane mind posted:

Serious question does Stonetoss get a lot of traction from non-terminally online people? I know he's doing all this subliminal dogwhistle crap but does he reach people that aren't already agreeing with him?
You quoted my post but maybe you should read it again. Giving him ANY traction outside of terminally online people that already agree with him, like through a food's innocuous twitter account, is bad. It's the first step to reaching people that don't.

edit: I realize I didn't answer your question. He doesn't have much traction, no, but this is a step in that direction.

Faustian Bargain fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 24, 2020

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

An insane mind posted:

This discussion is a direct result of that exact thing having happened

Though to be fair to you I clicked through to the tweet and 98% of the replies are Pepe avatars going "Awesome, my favorite racism man made the Brand do a racism!!! 'Tis an Epic Win for us, the racists"

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

They did release Hot Pockets with 14.88g of protein :tinfoil:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Bors likes to share Stonetoss like "check out this crazy poo poo" and I wish he wouldn't.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Stonetoss is probably the most competent right-wing cartoonist out there. Like, he understands jokes as a concept.

The lowest of bars, yeah.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Jurgan posted:

No clue who Kevin Siers is- a lot of the cartoonists have probably retired.

Poor Kevin

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: The More Shameful the Scandal, the More a Politican's Supporter

It's Rall, so I know it's a bad take, but can someone explain how it's bad?

Edit: also, keys appropriate pro life to mean in favour of gun control.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

[quote="Sandpuppy" post=""501928645"]

[/quote]

Aborted fetuses in heaven would look more like a writhing mass of red glop.

[quote="Sandpuppy" post=""501928645"]

[/quote]

Isn't it even too late to go full nuclear if we tried today? Like we would need a full generation and probably subsidized education just to staff enough plants to replace the current sources of power.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

:golfclap: A fine, subtle edit.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh look, Allie is right by accident.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

So, aborted fetuses are guaranteed to go to Heaven? And they continue to grow at least until they're a few years old (there could be adults who were aborted as fetuses in heaven, we see only a small population)?

This sounds like a great deal for those fetuses. Current rates of religious retention show they'd have a pretty high chance of drifting away from Christianity over their life (which is a bad thing IFF heaven is real as in this cartoon) and therefore miss out on Heaven. And since these are fully articulate children, they're clearly getting full and healthy developments and probably childhoods up there.

Clearly the only moral thing to do is abort more fetuses

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kaza42 posted:

So, aborted fetuses are guaranteed to go to Heaven? And they continue to grow at least until they're a few years old (there could be adults who were aborted as fetuses in heaven, we see only a small population)?

This sounds like a great deal for those fetuses. Current rates of religious retention show they'd have a pretty high chance of drifting away from Christianity over their life (which is a bad thing IFF heaven is real as in this cartoon) and therefore miss out on Heaven. And since these are fully articulate children, they're clearly getting full and healthy developments and probably childhoods up there.

Clearly the only moral thing to do is abort more fetuses

At least in Catholic doctrine, unbaptized children go to the Medium Place Purgatory, so it's arguable within that context that abortion is wrong. But this poo poo really shows that people like this don't give any thought about their religion any deeper than "yay Jesus".

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Fister Roboto posted:

At least in Catholic doctrine, unbaptized children go to the Medium Place Purgatory, so it's arguable within that context that abortion is wrong. But this poo poo really shows that people like this don't give any thought about their religion any deeper than "yay Jesus".

Obligatory:

Also,

Gaybies nomination: Worst Gaslighter

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 24, 2020

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

nice one, I was briefly very confused before I realized it had to be a brilliant edit

Gaybie Nomination: Best Edit/Parody

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

BonHair posted:

It's Rall, so I know it's a bad take, but can someone explain how it's bad?
It's a stretch to take what works for Trump and say it's going to work for who the Democrats choose as their 2020 candidate.

Also it's an interesting candidate choice Rall has picked given there is now a very finite list of plausible options.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Katt posted:

Isn't it even too late to go full nuclear if we tried today? Like we would need a full generation and probably subsidized education just to staff enough plants to replace the current sources of power.

Nah, it's not too late, it'd just be a massive effort, requiring full action from states and politicians to make it happen, and if they did, it would actually pretty much solve at least part of the climate crisis, but see the first part of this sentence and realize that's why it won't happen.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Nah, it's not too late, it'd just be a massive effort, requiring full action from states and politicians to make it happen, and if they did, it would actually pretty much solve at least part of the climate crisis, but see the first part of this sentence and realize that's why it won't happen.

I recall some nuclear goon did the math on building new plants and we were talking decades in that thread anyway.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Katt posted:

I recall some nuclear goon did the math on building new plants and we were talking decades in that thread anyway.

I think the assumption is basically that you would have to build liberty ship style nuclear reactors.
Then when we are done we could probably use those capabilities to build a bunch of these. :science:
http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/realdesigns3.php#gcnrliberty

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Did Allie just admit global warming is real

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Katt posted:

There are several ways in which the phrase "nuclear goon" can be read and all of them scare me.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

Anytime a right wing columnist may appear like they're actually admitting to something like that, you find out the point of the cartoon wasnt that "global warming is real" but rather "those dumb liberals won't even fix their supposed problems!" So I'm not giving Allie this one.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's Brexit bill becoming law – Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal has become law after it received royal assent from the Queen, having cleared all its stages in parliament"

Telegraph:

John Bercow: No 10 trying to thwart peerage with bullying claims

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon.

Evening Standard:

China virus: ten cities locked down and Beijing festivities scrapped;

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... a global health scare

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Why is the door 3-4 metres high?

How can Paul Thomas afford a maid? Does he get paid comparably to Pritchett?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

why did he pull up his trouser leg and is gesturing at his knee if he's talking about the housemaid's knee?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cat Mattress posted:

why did he pull up his trouser leg and is gesturing at his knee if he's talking about the housemaid's knee?
He's not asking them to check his housemaid's knee, he's asking them to check his housemaid's knee.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Pants Donkey posted:

As the evidence is getting harder to deny and impacting peoples' lives, more and more conservatives are admitting it's real.

Ten, twenty years from now the official platform of the Republican Party will be that global warming is China's fault and we should be focused on alleviating the effects of global warming in America only, no handouts to other countries, also we just can't afford to take in all those brown-skinned climate refugees

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

He's not asking them to check his housemaid's knee, he's asking them to check his housemaid's knee.
Is this like tennis elbow?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

That's pretty bloody good.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

(sees one dog) Hmm, not sure I agree with this. Going to file it away

(sees a second, different-looking dog) WOW, HYPOCRITE MUCH?!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's pretty drat easy to find out that they weren't saints, but I wouldn't expect that from the GOP in 100 billion years so this is an odd cartoon to me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gaybie Nomination: Best Edit/Parody

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

kaschei posted:

Is this like tennis elbow?

pretty much: https://www.nhs.uk/video/pages/housmaids-knee.aspx

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

If you're going to make this joke with this phrasing, you should perhaps not draw him standing next to a housemaid.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's pretty drat easy to find out that they weren't saints, but I wouldn't expect that from the GOP in 100 billion years so this is an odd cartoon to me.

You don’t think the GOP would throw the Founding Fathers under the bus to save Trump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jurgan posted:

You don’t think the GOP would throw the Founding Fathers under the bus to save Trump?
Hmm...I dunno. Aren't the FF their literal gods, or at least the gods of their constituents? Has Trump risen to that level yet?