Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The closest one to CA is in AZ. Other than that they are all on the other side of the country. I've been East a number of times but never made it to a White Castle.

I hear they are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I have never been to:
Burger King
Taco Bell

even though they have recently opened offices in a 15km radius from my home :smuggo:

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

oh! they have these weird little hamburgers. maybe check it out if that sounds interesting to you. I went once and I thought it was "okay."

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I've been to Newcastle but not

White Castle
Chipotle
Taco Bell
Wendy's

They don't have any restaurants where I live so I only have a chance to try them when I'm in the US which isn't super frequently. Shake Shack, Five Guys, In-n-Out, on the other hand, have been tasted. Five guys is probably my favorite, SS is good too and In-n-Out is fine but didn't feel particularly different than McD's level stuff. I guess it's also cheaper so eh...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It was good when they charged reasonable prices for their tiny loving burger.

It's not worth destroying your pants with the prices now.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
also never been but would like to try the little burger

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
lil baby burgee

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

I am also in California and I almost went to White Castle while in Vegas, but then we saw an In-N-Out so oh well maybe next time.

I have had the White Castle grocery store frozen sliders, but I don't think they really count. They were fine, for frozen sliders I guess. Also next time I'm in Vegas I'm still going to In-N-Out.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ANUSTART posted:

lil baby burgee

Lil baby burgee sweet good post

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Dogmeat posted:

I am also in California and I almost went to White Castle while in Vegas, but then we saw an In-N-Out so oh well maybe next time.

I have had the White Castle grocery store frozen sliders, but I don't think they really count. They were fine, for frozen sliders I guess. Also next time I'm in Vegas I'm still going to In-N-Out.

honestly? I couldn't really tell the difference between the frozen ones and the ones from the restaurant, if you want the the experience I think you can get 90% of it from your grocer's freezer aisle.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I don't have White Castle but there's a Krystal's down the street from me, a woman got shot in the drive-thru last year but otherwise the food's alright I guess.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
The food is ok, but they have the best fast food coffee.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It was good when they charged reasonable prices for their tiny loving burger.

It's not worth destroying your pants with the prices now.

If you think white castle is expensive, I could see why making GBS threads one of your two pairs of underwear could be a problem.

Op, I think the White Castle Corporation would rather keep their excellent food establishments out of your garbage state.

I'll have 4 jalapeno cheese, 4 original please. No drink, stopping for beer on the way home... And sleeping on the couch.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
I've never been either, altho I've had the frozen ones, which weren't all that impressive. I had to try in-n-out when I was out west. It was good but didn't quite live up to the hype. 5 guys is good but their burgers are grease bombs

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Same
Or Chipotle
Or Popeye's

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
The only time white castle even seems like a good idea is when you're utterly poo poo faced, but it never is.

Their breakfast is fine but for the money you could buy the ingredients and make the exact same thing at home and probably do it faster.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Mega64 posted:

I don't have White Castle but there's a Krystal's down the street from me, a woman got shot in the drive-thru last year but otherwise the food's alright I guess.

Are White Castle and Krystal the same thing? We have Krystal here but the only good things on the menu are the corn dogs and chili fries, which for some reason they have no idea how to make anywhere else in Georgia. Oh, and they have the old McDonald's style deep fried apple pies too.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
The real joy of white castle is the uniquely toxic, gnarly farts it gives you. Nothing in this world will give you such vile tube gas, do with this forbidden knowledge what you will

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Drove there once in highschool with my bros in his hippie van it was fun. gently caress New Jersey and it’s can’t pump your own gas no left turn bullshit tho

feller
Jul 5, 2006

listen not having white castle is one thing, but all you dumdums who've never lived mas are dead to me

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

yikes! posted:

listen not having white castle is one thing, but all you dumdums who've never lived mas are dead to me

How can you even say you have lived if you have not lived mas

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
You're not missing much

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I think the point is to either be drunk and order like 20 or be just drunk when you order.

Buy the frozen ones my dude

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its great drunk food OP. went to the Vegas one a year or so ago. I wouldn't eat it sober.

the frozen sliders are great too (when drunk)

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

The Dregs posted:

Are White Castle and Krystal the same thing? We have Krystal here but the only good things on the menu are the corn dogs and chili fries, which for some reason they have no idea how to make anywhere else in Georgia. Oh, and they have the old McDonald's style deep fried apple pies too.

White Castle and Krystals may appear to be the same but Krystals is way better for taste and entertainment. I never had a dude lean out of a White Castle drive thru window and try to r&b serenade me into buying some apple pies at 3am, is what I'm saying.

White Castle has hosed up, questionable poo poo like fish sliders and fish nibblers, which I can only presume are the deep-fried bits of fish they swept up off the floor at the factory. I'm already out on a drunk limb eating at one of these places, I don't want fish bit rejects on top of that.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Protagonist posted:

The real joy of white castle is the uniquely toxic, gnarly farts it gives you. Nothing in this world will give you such vile tube gas, do with this forbidden knowledge what you will

Gutbusters, we used to call them. Fartstarters too.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Waltzing Along posted:

The closest one to CA is in AZ. Other than that they are all on the other side of the country. I've been East a number of times but never made it to a White Castle.

I hear they are poo poo.

You guys have In n Out Burger, we have White Castle. I think you got the better end of the deal.

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 26, 2020

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

interwhat posted:

If you think white castle is expensive, I could see why making GBS threads one of your two pairs of underwear could be a problem.

Op, I think the White Castle Corporation would rather keep their excellent food establishments out of your garbage state.

I'll have 4 jalapeno cheese, 4 original please. No drink, stopping for beer on the way home... And sleeping on the couch.

It was worth it when their burgers were 50 cents each. But now they cost just as much as a mcdonald's burger. You may get more diarrhea for you buck on white castle, but you don't get as much meat for your buck.

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 26, 2020

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

honestly? I couldn't really tell the difference between the frozen ones and the ones from the restaurant, if you want the the experience I think you can get 90% of it from your grocer's freezer aisle.

Frozen white castles are worse than the real deal, but they have the same effect on your bowels.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Last time I had white castle, I got my burgs home and promptly passed out. I woke up to my cat eating one

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

My favorite is Jack in the Box. When I was a kid there was one walking distance from my house and I used to go all the time. But it closed and now the nearest one is 200 miles away. I'm tempted to make the trip. I love those greasy tacos and their buttery jack burgers. Burger King makes similar boiled tacos now that are almost as good, but I remember the Jack in the Box tacos for their extra greasy goodness. And I don't think any other major fast food place makes butter burgers as good as Jack in the Box.

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 26, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Gianthogweed posted:

My favorite is Jack in the Box. When I was a kid there was one walking distance from my house and I used to go all the time. But it closed when I was 8 years old and the nearest one is 200 miles away. I'm tempted to make the trip. I love those greasy tacos and their butter burgers.

They have mini tacos right now that come with a dipping sauce.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

They have mini tacos right now that come with a dipping sauce.

That's it, I'm making a road trip to Jack in the Box!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Mega64 posted:

That was a stray bullet, don’t sully krystals good bankrupt name

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Dogmeat posted:

If you cook them properly they are the exact same. It's just steamed.

But as someone else mentioned, the prices are what kinda made you go buy 10 and just eat 7 and it was no big deal.

Today you need to take out a loan for what should be .25 cent slider.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

drat, I just checked, and it looks like the Jack in the Box in NJ closed. The nearest one now is all the way in North Carolina. gently caress. I guess next time I take a road trip to Florida I'll make it a point to stop there.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
How do the frozen sliders compare to the real deal?

Iron Crowned posted:

Last time I had white castle, I got my burgs home and promptly passed out. I woke up to my cat eating one

I never fully cook them so I always chomp into something partly frozen.

zaepg fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 26, 2020

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

OP honestly you're not missing much. I also grew up in an area that was white castle-deprived, then went to a part of the country with 'em everywhere. Then got drunk and went for white castle with friends in a cab. They're pretty standard cheap fast food burgers that you can find anywhere back home, and being drunk makes them taste better just like home. I think if they were a chain you grew up with you in your hometown/region you might have warmer feelings about them, but again nothing to really go nuts over.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

There's a fast food joint on Long Island called "All American Hamburger" or something like that. Really good cheap burgers. Love their fries too. It might be my favorite fast food place now that Jack in the Box is gone from this area. I don't think it's a chain though.

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madlobster
Aug 12, 2003

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

The frozen ones are missing the pickles.