Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

this looks so dystopian

like it should say Arbeit Macht Movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Chuka Umana posted:

What should I see tonight: Uncut Gems, Ford v Ferrari or Little Women?

little women

I have not seen Little Women

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Alan Smithee posted:

this looks so dystopian

it's just an inflatable finish line dude

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gripweed posted:

it's just an inflatable finish line dude

🎶you will jog for the master race...🎶

Segue
May 23, 2007

I just saw The Color of Pomegranates and it's definitely something. I actually liked it the more it went on even though it's basically an impenetrable montage of esoteric Armenian images pulled from Renaissance Church art.

It's the filmic equivalent of reading an entire poetry anthology. It's draining and jagged but there are beautiful moments that stick with you.

You can definitely see how it gets ranked as an important movie because the things it does with the visual language of cinema is like Tarkovsky on an acid overdose.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Segue posted:

I just saw The Color of Pomegranates and it's definitely something. I actually liked it the more it went on even though it's basically an impenetrable montage of esoteric Armenian images pulled from Renaissance Church art.

It's the filmic equivalent of reading an entire poetry anthology. It's draining and jagged but there are beautiful moments that stick with you.

You can definitely see how it gets ranked as an important movie because the things it does with the visual language of cinema is like Tarkovsky on an acid overdose.

It's a little hard to find now, but Parajanov's Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors is an even greater film, IMO. Just as gorgeously shot, but it trades intricate tableau-like shots for having the camera almost constantly moving.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Alan Smithee posted:

this looks so dystopian

ENJOY THE MOVIE

Segue
May 23, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

It's a little hard to find now, but Parajanov's Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors is an even greater film, IMO. Just as gorgeously shot, but it trades intricate tableau-like shots for having the camera almost constantly moving.

That sounds amazing and I'm super interested to see what he'd do with a moving camera. My movie list is growing way too fast.

Also God bless Toronto, the local Bay Street Video has that for rent. I don't know how a rental place survives here still, but I'll take it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Segue posted:

Also God bless Toronto, the local Bay Street Video has that for rent. I don't know how a rental place survives here still, but I'll take it.

That's exactly how.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Skwirl posted:

Isn't that what Grace has mostly played post 70's show? Blackkklansman, Spider-Man 3, Predators (though that was a twist, sorry for the spoilers of a 10 year old movie), his cameo in Ocean's 11.

I want to see cut of Hobbit.

In my defense I forgot about Spiderman 3 and Predators because both of those movies are horrible. I guess what I'm saying is that he's underused and Blackkklansman is proof that he can really shine if he has good material.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Predators is weird one because all the actual Predator stuff sucks, but I was weirdly into Lawrence Fishbourne and Topher Grace’s whole deals

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Max Landis sucks poo poo but I’ll go to bat for American Ultra, it’s a lot of fun and I like the chemistry between Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart.

Plus it has a sweet animated end credits sequence.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Holy poo poo the new Dan Deacon record is the best things he’s ever done.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm happy to report that the weave based horror movie by the director of Dear White People owns

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/OnePerfectShot/status/1221333297302843392

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

This was horrendous. Absolute dreck.

Made me realize something kinda funny though: Star wars and snl are completely terrible on their own, and, as that video shows, combine to make something even worse. But when you add to the mix Kevin Spacey, of all people, you get something actually kinda tolerable. It's the damnedest thing. It's like three wrongs making a right.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/jpbrammer/status/1221487246227988482?s=19

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Predators is amazing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

yeah, it's amazing how not very good Predators is.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Only dingus people and boomers say those things

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Predators is my favorite movie that I initially couldn't stand.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I could’ve done without the cheesy sword fight but the rest is a lot of fun and the cast is really solid. They should’ve done another movie about the survivors on the preserve instead of whatever The Predator was supposed to be about.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1221524417806651392

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1221535273550516225

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Strange new drake meme

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Is this a parody of something?

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Pirate Jet posted:

Is this a parody of something?

look up American Dirt

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
The more I think about it I'm starting to get the idea that this exchange from Sexy Beast is the finest thing ever put on film (very mild spoiler if you haven't seen it and shame on you in that case):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT7FOjnGw1Q&t=64s

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Kull the Conqueror posted:

look up American Dirt

Oprah's book club really knows how to pick some winners, huh?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

CelticPredator posted:

Predators is amazing.

I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this but you are the single most biased party when it comes to any movie with a monster in it.

ruddiger posted:

I could’ve done without the cheesy sword fight but the rest is a lot of fun and the cast is really solid. They should’ve done another movie about the survivors on the preserve instead of whatever The Predator was supposed to be about.

The cast isn't at all the problem. That poo poo has an amazing cast.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Watching Robocop for the first time and I know I'm not the first person to say this, but drat this movie is violent.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this but you are the single most biased party when it comes to any movie with a predator in it.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
The only thing that'd be funnier than a big ol' in memorium card at the end of Space Jam 2 is if there wasn't one

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Peccadillo posted:

The only thing that'd be funnier than a big ol' in memorium card at the end of Space Jam 2 is if there wasn't one

I'm assuming they haven't started shooting yet, since Lebron still has to do his day job, so I'm guessing it won't.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The Peccadillo posted:

he's such an important part of film history, it would be inappropriate not to

edit: here's your reminder that Kobe is the only African-American to win an Oscar for Animation

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

he's such an important part of film history, it would be inappropriate not to

He has the same number of Academy Awards as Martin Scorsese.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Predators is amazing.

I didn't care for it that much and I remember thinking that it didn't do much of anything new. But I have a newfound respect for it after I saw The Predator. One of the worst films I've seen in a long time.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
YTotD is Who the F?%! is Blind Fury? (2014) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qdzXfHB_zc

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

My favorite bit of Predators is when they bent over backwards to make sure people knew Predator 2 was canon.

My second favorite part is Adrien Brody probably tortured himself for months trying to look buff and there's four different people named Chris that absolutely put him to shame.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

My favorite part of Predators was Laurence Fishburne being chubby despite having survived being hunted on an alien planet for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Maybe all the native plant and animal life was like mega calorie rich so just eating a single berry is like eating half a roast piglet.