Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i smell landis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

some body said the people on helicopter were all of his kids and if that's the case i apologize for the ignorant message i posted on the previous page about them. Not about NienNunb making GBS threads on the floor however

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i hope no kids died that would be more awful. why do helicopters exist for non emergency purposes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry for spreading it even unintentionally but that rumor about kids being on there appears to be false. i apologize

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wayne Diamond would have kept that bird in the air

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i no longer will make any statements about who was in the helicopter. i will simply say in another thread i was acting like i had high quality doors in my home. But in reality i have poor quality doors inside the house and average quality ones at both the front and back of the house. Don't rat me out in that thread

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Doors are hard. You need them in your house but you need a good HVAC system first, and what if they both suck at the same time?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1221533868433592320?s=19

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i no longer will make any statements about who was in the helicopter. i will simply say in another thread i was acting like i had high quality doors in my home. But in reality i have poor quality doors inside the house and average quality ones at both the front and back of the house. Don't rat me out in that thread

That door you posted is the exact door i have for my bedroom. It's fine.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I once had a long conversation with a top engineer for uber who was designing their soon to be in most major cities helicopters and he told me they were death traps that he'd never ride in, so not that you probably had to be advised but stay away from uber helicopters and helicopters in general

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I spent elsewhere earlier talking about how the other 4 people in the copter were condemned to being faceless statistics. Then I find out one of them was Kobe's 13 year old daughter, which evokes an entirely different sort of depression.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
wtf, Kobe. :(

How in the world can NBA actually still play games today?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I once had a long conversation with a top engineer for uber who was designing their soon to be in most major cities helicopters and he told me they were death traps that he'd never ride in, so not that you probably had to be advised but stay away from uber helicopters and helicopters in general

They call the most important piece of the rotor the jesus nut for a reason

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Jesus nutted. - John 11:35

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

sounds like a real cool dude, making murder machines for money

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

RIP to the rapist we forgave because he basketballed good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought LeBron was the one with rape allegations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Not sure what part of the world you are from but there's poo poo going around my small town right now that seems to never go away. I'm at the tail end of getting over it myself and typically when I get a cold it's gone in a few days.

If climate change doesn't get us the superviruses will

East Coast of the United States. I've been told that my body has a high body temperature so I sweat easily which leads to me catching colds and coughs easily in addition to the general viruses going around.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

coconono posted:

I thought LeBron was the one with rape allegations.

He raped a 19 year old girl in Colorado in 2003.

Trigger Warning for the victims recounting of the event
https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-bryants-disturbing-rape-case-the-dna-evidence-the-accusers-story-and-the-half-confession

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 27, 2020

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Regardless of what you think of Kobe his 13 year old daughter also being killed in the crash is pretty loving horrific

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dimebags Brain posted:

RIP to the rapist we forgave because he basketballed good.

This!!!!!!!!!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm finally getting around to watching the original Legend of Galactic Heroes(which dovetails quite nicely with reading Triplanetary). I completely forgot about the axe murdering. This is the the vintage of anime I really like. Not afraid to be insanely violent yet somehow pull off an honest anti-war sentiment.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

coconono posted:

I'm finally getting around to watching the original Legend of Galactic Heroes(which dovetails quite nicely with reading Triplanetary). I completely forgot about the axe murdering. This is the the vintage of anime I really like. Not afraid to be insanely violent yet somehow pull off an honest anti-war sentiment.

I'm doing the same, I'm only 11-12 episodes into it but it's been fun so far.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm doing the same, I'm only 11-12 episodes into it but it's been fun so far.

EP 8 right now and I really like how well they keep the big cast from being too overwhelming, which is a reason I kept putting off watching this.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea that show rules

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i started rewatching a while back but petered out around ep 40 sorry logh

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Do we change this thread’s name to 2020 Royal Rumble Winner’s Official General Thread?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no, the thread title needs to be changed to either seth rollins or shayna baszler

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I say the thread stay the same name in honor of the great Drew McIntyre!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it is inaccurate.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Joe Pera Talks With You is excellent television

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ida poopino

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Regardless of what you think of Kobe his 13 year old daughter also being killed in the crash is pretty loving horrific

He also leaves behind 3 daughters who lost a father and sister today. So its a loving tragedy anyway you slice it.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i would make a new thread, but this thread is still very young. i will leave it up to the people to decide the fate of the name of this thread. the people deserve to be heard.

i must leave you all for a week. Fluffy Bunnies has promised me a clutch of vulturine guinea fowl eggs and i must travel to find an appropriate homestead on which to raise them. i hope you all have a good week while i'm away. please reminisce about me while i'm away, and say things like "if Drew McIntyre were still around, he'd probably say..." and then say something you think i would say.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if Drew McIntyre were still around, he'd probably say... i hope these don't end up being foul eggs

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MJeff posted:

wtf, Kobe. :(

How in the world can NBA actually still play games today?

Because there's profit to be made over the death of one of the sport's greatest stars

:capitalism:

I honestly forgot about the rape stuff but it's still pretty loving lovely that his daughter died too.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Think I may quit my job soon. I’ve been written up for asinine reasons twice now. Need to get Mrs. Punch on board first though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Drew would say "Ach, I won the royal rumble"

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/8jRRZPGa3fU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

What if it was the Rew RecIntyre Official General Thread; then his initials are RR like the Royal Rumble he so gloriously won