Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Majorian posted:

I was sorry to see that, although I get it. Mona had a lot of potential, but the writers misplayed their hand with her imo. Hopefully she'll be more of a bit character going forward, which is where she excelled.

Also no more werewolf, the werewolf thing was a bad idea for her.

I dunno, they used Wolfie pretty well this episode.

I won't miss Mona as much as I do Helen of Themyscira, but she's still way better than some of the Arrowverse supporting cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

One of the show runners posted the title of the finale Swan Thong.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

howe_sam posted:

Works with the Encores nomenclature.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

howe_sam posted:

I know it’s supposed to be Swan Song but I read it quickly as Swamp Thing and now I’m disappointed

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pillowpants posted:

I know it’s supposed to be Swan Song but I read it quickly as Swamp Thing and now I’m disappointed

I am glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Swamp Thong

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

howe_sam posted:

Whoever came up with that has to be pissed they got renewed.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

ApeHawk posted:

Swamp Thong
The hit single from the gator county rap-rock band Cajun Nation

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I was kinda shocked they got away with the bong joke.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ruddiger posted:

I was kinda shocked they got away with the bong joke.

The trick was that he was actually smoking it. just taht there was smoke and there was a bong and it's up to the viewer if that implies smoking.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, IIRC S&P have a problem with inhaling from a cigarette, not smoking per se. Probably a similar thing going on here.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, IIRC S&P have a problem with inhaling from a cigarette, not smoking per se. Probably a similar thing going on here.

Hence why Constantine is continually being blue balled when it comes to actually lighting his iconic cigarette on Legends.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I think this season might be going for straight up comedy? This episode seemed funnier than the rest.

Even if it was a one off, I will love this show either way. I can't believe we went from the Hawks to Beepo to Rasputin blowing up.

Edit: Hell, any other hour of television we get with Matt Ryan as Constantine is a gift in my book.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, it definitely wasn't "straight up comedy" with Sara grieving Oliver and Ava and Co not knowing how to comfort her or Nate slowly realizing he was missing someone very important to him.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh God there’s a title sequence.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New opening. Much more in line with the current series.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Alas, it seems tonight the Legends have been overcome by the greatest of historical villains: Donald Trump :negative:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That new intro rules.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 5, 2020

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Okay this Zari isn’t as good as the original but I like her anyway

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh man, Matt Ryan's terrible accent

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Deputy Chief Wiggum

Oh my Ava

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Haha haha this is even better

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Deputy Chief Wiggum

Oh my Ava

Oh Ava

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Forget it Ray, it’s Burbank.

“Are you Communists?” “Idiots.”

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Drunk Ava rules

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Next episode: We return to the 80s during the heyday of the slasher flick.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Goddamnit, the Red Sox had to trade Mookie halfway through the episode, which kept me from paying any attention to the tv.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

You think that's bad? My CW station aired the goddamn SotU instead of Legends!

BTW, where will the ep be streaming first? Are CW shows next-day on Hulu?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They go up later tonight on the CW app and website.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I like the idea of a new intro but I don't like this new intro in particular because it reminds me of Suicide Squad and nothing should remind me of Suicide Squad.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

It's an easy gag but I like the cuts to people reacting when Constantine does gross stuff.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I wana know how much of the gross john stuff he makes up on his own

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This is still the best TV show on the air.

Ava's crappy singing was an easy gag I've seen before, but Sara's pure joy made it kind of heartwarming.

Ray continues to be the best.

Constantine's American accent made me laugh every single time.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Ava's crappy singing was an easy gag I've seen before, but Sara's pure joy made it kind of heartwarming.
Sara's reaction to it fundamentally altered the nature of the joke. Usually that kind of thing is a joke at the expense of the drunk character and we're meant to laugh about how embarrassed they're going to be about it when they sober up. But Sara's reaction was like "hey, look at her having a good time, she deserves it" and that makes it much more of a shared experience joke. We're not laughing at her, we're laughing with her, because we've all had a good time doing dumb stuff before and it's fine. We're all fine.

It was good, I liked it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't like vapid new Zari!

Also as soon as Ava's song started I knew there was gonna be an amazing payoff, can we get a gif of that?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

It would have been really easy to make the alt-Zari some kind of supervillain and play with that dynamic, but having her be just kind of an out-of-touch jerk is somehow much more heartbreaking to me.

Also she's totally gonna steal the air totem, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And hopefully it restores her memories of the previous timeline. Sassy, take no poo poo Bollywood dancin' Zari was the best.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Sara's reaction to it fundamentally altered the nature of the joke. Usually that kind of thing is a joke at the expense of the drunk character and we're meant to laugh about how embarrassed they're going to be about it when they sober up. But Sara's reaction was like "hey, look at her having a good time, she deserves it" and that makes it much more of a shared experience joke. We're not laughing at her, we're laughing with her, because we've all had a good time doing dumb stuff before and it's fine. We're all fine.

It was good, I liked it.

What also helped was that she went up with the intent to clear the room, making the contrast funny, and then we cut to the crowd's reaction before reality is revealed, again making the contrast funny. They pull three comedic beats out of a single joke. Usually when I see humor from cringe moments like that multiple comedic beats come from hammering the same "it's awkward!" joke multiple times.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 5, 2020

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The new intro is horrendous.

A Fancy Hat posted:

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tiggum posted:

It was good, I liked it.

Goofy thumbs up Sarah is the best